Anyone Have Tips For Getting Perfections?

FleshBack

This medal has been very elusive to me. I think it may be because I don't do too much objective and BTB kind of stuff, but if that is what it takes I will go to the playlists to just try and get this at least once. If anyone has gotten this medal, particular more than once your advice would be appreciated.

The trick is to play like a little "you-know-what". I haven't gotten any in Halo 4 yet as I have a guns blazing style of play. If you just hang back behind a cushion of teammates and withdraw yourself from the battles that you are losing then it isn't really that insanely difficult. One thing I will say is that if you are interested in getting perfections for the armor piece... the armor that you get for it is garbage. It's basically a bland wrist-piece.

• Like 1

Dont try to for a perfection right off the bat, wait for a game when you have a good opening and and a few kills no deaths before changing your playstyle to aim for a perfection

Run for power weapons off spawn, dont go in the open and use a loadout that generally helps with staying alive like

-camo hiding

-thrust pack running

-ordnance priority for camping power weaps

-dexterity little upper hand

-resupply or shielding

-ctf camping flag with power weap

-btb with camo/ammo/light rifle, ragnarok works well

It's quite a bit harder in H4. It's much harder to do the "Okay, I'm going to go grab shotgun, sniper, and camp in this tower the whole game" sort of approach, due to the maps/ordinance/AAs/sprinting, and especially the respawning.

On a map like Haven, you're not going to have an easy perfection if the teams are even. You just need to play well, and probably control/defend on of the side rings. Generally, try to stick with/behind your team. Watch your radar. If you count more red dots than yellow, get out of there. Go for kills mainly against mid-long range targets who are busy fighting others. Pick people off. Don't try to do it with something like a CamoAR class.

Try to have the discrete playstyle. Things like, being in the middle, not backing off, harassing the same enemy, using PV, not changing position will encourage packs of enemies to hunt and kill you. Don't let yourself get cornered. Avoid CQC at all costs, there's just far too many easy ways you can die.

i have gotten 2 in halo 4. one on shatter and one in exile. i used the mantis on shatter and got 28 kills. and exile i used the tank and got 22 and hid until the end. i say get a group of people get a good vehicle, camp back with it and pick people off and have your teammates protect you from anyone getting close to you. that is your best bet

It's quite a bit harder in H4. It's much harder to do the "Okay, I'm going to go grab shotgun, sniper, and camp in this tower the whole game" sort of approach, due to the maps/ordinance/AAs/sprinting, and especially the respawning.

You mean much easier cause the weapons you want fall from the sky right in front you of. Camping is so easy. Oh can you can always be invisible, how cool is that!

Big team, vehicles on exile and sniping from base on ragnarok, I never actually went for one but have a few of them, me and my banshee on exile can do nasty things.

Best and easiest way would be good run in the gauss then hide for the rest of the round if it matters to ya that much.

To be honest you will prob just get em eventually.

It's not that hard actually. You just have to be yourself. Firstly, make or pick a class that you would like to use to make this done. Second, you must play with total patience and avoid being part of a big shoot-out. If necessary "camping" should be considered. The trick to get a perfection is to try your hardest, but give it some rest if you fail too often. The key is to have fun in the process, so don't over-do yourself.

I've gotten dozens of perfections. But the only way I can assure I get one is...

1. Team of choice. No randoms :(

2. Loadout has to be right

3. Calling out and teamshotting.

4. Actually be the person to kill the enemy. Assisting won't help and camping will not either :(

5. At the last minute if you do have over 15 kills.. HIDE! :D

You mean much easier cause the weapons you want fall from the sky right in front you of. Camping is so easy. Oh can you can always be invisible, how cool is that!

What are you kidding? That makes it harder to stay alive. The weapons OTHER people get are much harder to predict, and you can't just "wait" for a power weapon to respoawn. Think the Pit sniper tower. And lol, being invisible is probably the WORST thing you want to do when trying to stay alive and keep a streak. Let's let ALL the enemies know there's a dude hiding in the area. Yep. Dear lord.

Oh, another way you might find yourself getting one is to play with... Lesser friends. You might get put into a game where you just might be the only person that can shoot straight. And it will feel like a bad saturday morning cartoon. In which case, obviously, play well and smart and the medal might be yours.

i had 27 recorded prefections in reach on this tag before bungie stop recording stats because 343 took over. i had 32 on this tag, 8 on a different tag, and i have 5 in halo 4 so far.

the trick is stay back help teammates win their fights. be a valutre or a kill stealer as people like to say. get the sniper as much as posible. the sniper and the dmr are your best friends when looking for perfections. also i dose not hurt to have a friend hang back with you and fight as a pair. im in a clan so teamwork is an automatic.

others may not like you help, they may call you a kill stealer. but i say if you know where the line of fire is and your smart enough to stay out of it, and you help save a teammate while not putting your self at risk, then your the better player! even if you might not win an up close 1v1, don;t put your self in that situation!

camp, and know the angles of the map. know where you are going to be seen from and camping spot and know what are your opponents most likly to be walking. if you are stationary with cover and they are walking out in the open you automaticly have an advantage.

also use invisability!

This brings me to another topic. Has anyone ever seen anybody you KNOW is hiding because they got a perfection?

i did that in reach sometimes. ecspecialy when the perfection was in swat! have not needed to in 4.

What are you kidding? That makes it harder to stay alive. The weapons OTHER people get are much harder to predict, and you can't just "wait" for a power weapon to respoawn. Think the Pit sniper tower. And lol, being invisible is probably the WORST thing you want to do when trying to stay alive and keep a streak. Let's let ALL the enemies know there's a dude hiding in the area. Yep. Dear lord.

only if your dumb enough to use it in a high traffic area.lol. thats why camping on the sides in low traffic areas where the enemys are unlikly to go in the first place, they can't get behind you without you seeing them, and make them come at you with plenty of open space where they have no cover and you have cover is great.

an expamly would be valhala or ragnorok. 2 of the five so far where on ranorok and i got snipe every time because i have sniper spawn times memorized, and was using invis. enemys never got closer then half a map a way. i killed them before they got close enough too see me on the radar regardless of if i was invis at the time or not.

the point is if u use invis right next to some one then ya its stupid. but if u use it and don;t let them get that close in the first place its really useful.

Wait sorry being off topic but you can get PERFECTION IN NON SLAYER GAME TYPES NOW!? When did that change? When could you EVER get a perfection in a capture the flag!?

i have to double check but im pretty sure thats not true. because perfection has always (since reach) read have 15 kills and no deaths and be on the winning team in a slayer match. you could do it in h3 without it being slayer, but even then 15 kills 0 deaths and win.

the and win is the hardest part!, at least if your team is bad! lol.

as if going 15-0 wasnt hard enough. Thanks to 343's servers its vertually impossible to get a "legit" Perfection.

I have been robbed of 2 perfection medals thanks to Host Changes or just people leaving the game.

that really su*ks, same thing happend to me today though. 18 kills no deaths and winning when host left and lagged me out.

oops i ment know the maps angels not angles, lol. i know there were a few other typos too but i was in a hurry, and am to lazy to correct the others you guys know what i ment.

I was able to master the comendation by just using vechicles. Don't boost because they really will catch you. Just don't expect to win most games you get perfections. My team suffers because I played too mlg.

this dose not make sencse just cause the description of a perfections is: have 15 kills, 0 deaths, and WIN the game!

Perfection is definitely a longer game of poker on Halo 4.

Especially if there are no elaborate or closed in detours you can cheap out with.

Haven is pretty god-mod in the sense that with right AA's and Mods (Armor mods, not MODS), you can scurry around reckless without getting killed for at least a minute. How did I do this (but not getting a perfection)? I've had experience where chunks of the map aren't explored by more than two people at once.

I finally got one. I jumped into the Mantis as soon as BTB on Ragnorok started. I stayed on the red side most of the time but realized that we might win before I got my running riot.

I rushed Blue base and ended up nailing 5 real quick and won the game. Final score 1000/280... I know. What a blowout.