Save Halo 2 PC Now!!!

Twinreaper

Ok guys, we have little time to get this done. I have created a survey for us gamers to use to voice our opposition against Halo 2 PC beign shutdown. Same survey as the previous post I made, but we need this to have as much view and publicity as possible! Help me save halo 2 PC and together we can enjoy more of the best multiplayer ever built for more fun years to come!

• Like 9

Microsoft needs to do what they did with Age of Empires 2. Give the game's multiplayer servers to a free gaming website. Finally the game's server rights were given to everyone, and is played but thousands every day on many websites.

D-38 Boss, you miss the point. The halo 2 PC game does not require a server to run. What it does require is a single low spec server to host a "list" of all halo 2 PC servers being hosted by everyone else. microsoft nor 343i nor even Bungie ever had to host or run a dedicated server Halo 2. The only difference between halo 1 PC and Halo 2 PC, is that Microsoft decided to host the lists themselves instead of gamespy. it was there way of maintaining a stranglehold on the game. The only reason Halo 1 wasn't shutdown, is because the hosting of lists is property of gamespy.

Aside from that dude, tell all of what you said to the people who spend $120+ a month renting gameservers to host matches for people. Tell them what man, "oh sorry you wasted the money a couple days ago...but half the rental fee is wasted"?!? Halo stems from PC...it's in it's roots. Without Halo on PC we would not have anything near what we have now. halo 2 PC is more than a game, it is a legacy and a reminder of where the franchise came from. Erasing it does nothing but hurt the community. Of coarse it's a community that microsoft cares nothing about...but how do you think that community is going to respond? Do you think they will be lining up next week to praise the ******** or buy future products? No they won't.

Furthermore, I have belonged to, and still belong to many communities that started and revolve around nothing but Halo 2. But of coarse as you and many others suggest...we should just pack up and move on and pretend nothing ever mattered or was "real"? The ignorance is astounding......

• Like 1

i hardley think it worth keeping up with only 20 peaple they need to get out of there and go into halo now no offense to them but there dweling on a game that came out years ago

youve posted this comment 4 times now, get your own opinon, or dont comment on things you clearly know NOTHING about

Twin survey signed.

• Like 1

D-38 Boss, you miss the point. The halo 2 PC game does not require a server to run. What it does require is a single low spec server to host a "list" of all halo 2 PC servers being hosted by everyone else. microsoft nor 343i nor even Bungie ever had to host or run a dedicated server Halo 2. The only difference between halo 1 PC and Halo 2 PC, is that Microsoft decided to host the lists themselves instead of gamespy. it was there way of maintaining a stranglehold on the game. The only reason Halo 1 wasn't shutdown, is because the hosting of lists is property of gamespy.

Aside from that dude, tell all of what you said to the people who spend $120+ a month renting gameservers to host matches for people. Tell them what man, "oh sorry you wasted the money a couple days ago...but half the rental fee is wasted"?!? Halo stems from PC...it's in it's roots. Without Halo on PC we would not have anything near what we have now. halo 2 PC is more than a game, it is a legacy and a reminder of where the franchise came from. Erasing it does nothing but hurt the community. Of coarse it's a community that microsoft cares nothing about...but how do you think that community is going to respond? Do you think they will be lining up next week to praise the ******** or buy future products? No they won't.

Furthermore, I have belonged to, and still belong to many communities that started and revolve around nothing but Halo 2. But of coarse as you and many others suggest...we should just pack up and move on and pretend nothing ever mattered or was "real"? The ignorance is astounding......

Very nice way of saying I'm a misinformed Idiot.

I understand where you're coming from though. But don't expect much from 343 on this one. I think they're pretty set on shutting it down.

Just try not to make it sound like Halo 2's servers ending are ending society as we know it.

Jus' sayin'

Sorry if this sounds rude. it's not intended to be.

• 4 weeks later...

This sucks, I was about to by Halo 2 for the PC cause I really miss it so much! :wallbash: I never got the chance to play Halo 2 online but how the game worked and everything else was amazing! I still play Halo CE for the PC and I play Halo for the 360! Why not sell or give the rights to Gamespy! Gamespy has been so loyal! I was about to buy Halo 2 PC until I read all this! You have my support fully!!! Microsoft has never cared about us and they never will that is what hurts! :ouch: I will do what I can to give my support! Man I hope they don't shut it down! I am going to go ahead and buy it and start playing! At least then I can get the chance to do so! :respect: :pc: