MLG won't be coming back..

Overdriive_on_Xbl

I know several of the MLG players personally and while there are some them that are asshats you have no right to put them all in the same category. The vast majority of them are top notch folks and will be more than happy to help you with anything, give information, selfless people by and large. Do some research and meet or game with some of these guys before your fingers type more rubbish.

I know several of the MLG players personally and while there are some them that are asshats you have no right to put them all in the same category. The vast majority of them are top notch folks and will be more than happy to help you with anything, give information, selfless people by and large. Do some research and meet or game with some of these guys before your fingers type more rubbish.

You missunderstand it has nothing to do with them on a 1 to 1 lvl but the impression they hold that any game that does not devote itself to conforming with what they class as the best MLG layout is bad or wrong in some way, oh and yes most of em take some moral unjustified high ground in arguing this and telling others their opinions are invalid. So in short its their mindset towards gaming that I describe and nothing more personal than that.

Sure maybe the few I have ever had the displeasure of having anything to do with (well game with) were ***** but we all know that there are good people in all walks of life.

In the end my comment was simply stating that its a mixture of both Halo/MLG/players fault that this separation has occured. Oh well alls well that ends well.

Again, MLG did not make Halo famous. MLG "used" Halo to gain notoriety and make a profit without and foremost, contributing back to Microsoft's bottom line. Had Microsoft put into place the strict guidlines for usage we have now, MLG would not be here.

DiGiovanni and his cohort used the loophole of tournaments and televising gameplay to make a profit. Said profit is from a Halo asset...the game itself. Go ahead, organize a large group of people to show a movie to, and charge them or make money from it by the hundreds of thousands. Then, don't be suprised when your served with warrants and subpenas for a court date. As you stated it's a business. But it's a business that started on the premise or exploiting gamers and the culture. Now all of the sudden Sundance and MLG gamers alike want to cry foul? Please. Maybe when your all about 15 to 20 years older, you will look back and see what it is really about. It's less about the game and it's gamers, and more about the profit/bottom line fo the MLG.

There is a reason why MLG ahs yet to amke it's own game. Largely because everyone secretly knows it would be an utter piece of ****.

• Like 1

It'd be nice if you could actually game with pros. I remember back in Halo 3 a lot of them charged for game time, lessons, and some even sold 50's. If they weren't charging they usually wouldn't do game time with fans. On the other hand though I know a few (not personally) who do live streams and talk to their fans there, and a couple donate a lot of money to charities like Gamers for Giving and Gamers Outreach.

• Like 1

Gotta remember, MLG is a BUSINESS and smart investors don't put money into failure.

Well a business without a product or service is a pretty bad business, lets be honest MLG itself is allowed to exist by games developers and nothing more. Make money off of others backs and then moan when they stop you lmfao some smart business alright hahahaha

• Like 1

It'd be nice if you could actually game with pros. I remember back in Halo 3 a lot of them charged for game time, lessons, and some even sold 50's. If they weren't charging they usually wouldn't do game time with fans. On the other hand though I know a few (not personally) who do live streams and talk to their fans there, and a couple donate a lot of money to charities like Gamers for Giving and Gamers Outreach.

altho they do this. You had to be good enough to play with them *have a 50 in mlg* when i played on my friends 50 in mlg in halo 3 we played tons of pros and some of them bad without there team.

Well a business without a product or service is a pretty bad business, lets be honest MLG itself is allowed to exist by games developers and nothing more. Make money off of others backs and then moan when they stop you lmfao some smart business alright hahahaha

Exactly and Halo used to be an excellent product, it no longer is and that's why the investment has gone.

Halo 4 is a great game (certainly better than Reach) and its sad to see MLG go, but I feel that all the hate towards MLG players is unnecessary. You all say you hate it when an MLG player gets too serious and calls a player a "noob" or something of the sort. Then why not support a separate playlist for those people? Then competitive players get some actual competition and casual players get their laid back matches AND the best part is they don't have to worry about running in to each other..

I find it odd so many people are resentful of a community they were never even in contact or involved with. Really, what did MLG ever do to you that warrants such a negative response? The fact that people are happy that MLG and Halo are no longer affiliated is evidence of the fact that they don't fully appreciate the hand-in-hand relationship the two have had in building each other up during the legacy of the franchise.

As the poster above said, if you are not a fan of MLG or competitive Halo you really have no business being in this section unless you just get kicks on slipping condescending remarks just to spite fans of the league because you found it annoying they posted a few topics about getting their own playlist.

I understand people that wouldn't want to be involved because they are strictly casual players; that is fine and everything. What I don't understand is people wanting it to fail. It is as if they have zero respect for the people that do appreciate the more competitive side of Halo and the legacy Halo and MLG have built together.

I will admit I didn't really get into the competitive nature of the game until recently, but that doesn't stop me from seeing how much the two have been intertwined over the years and how essential they have been in shaping each other's success. You would have to be blind or just ignorant not to see it. And you don't have to be a pro to get this either. You just have to understand the spirit of competition to appreciate what it meant.

In the end I don't think the blame rests on the community. I believe it falls squarely on 343 Industries and in part Bungie. 343 Industries have held all the card this entire time. They are not a team of idiots. They understood what made Halo a competitive game in the past and they chose to ignore it and appeal to casuals by including Random Ordanance drops, loadouts, and armor abilities, and broken weapons. They knew Bungie had a winning formula and they decided to go against it anyway just for the sake of a quick buck. It was never in 343's developmental team's mind to make a competitive game. They merely sought after a cash cow and they struck oil at the expense of the MLG populace. And Bungie is just as much at fault for letting their brainchild run away from them.

This post isn't meant to attack casual players or anything as this isn't there fault. They just play games for the fun of it. And who can blame them? If you are not playing Halo to be competitive, there are plenty of fun things to do in Halo 4. There is nothing wrong with recreational gameplay.

The real problem lies with 343 and Bungie turning their back on the community responsible for making Halo the franchise more than just a game, but a legitimate sport. Bungie really made history when they created such a competitive skill-based multiplayer game that was actually fun to watch and broadcast on live stream. And the fact that this legacy is essentially coming to an end is saddening to say the least.

Like I said before, no one is to blame for Halo being dropped from MLG except for these multi-million dollar companies for being giant sellouts.

People hate MLG at times because of the majority of people who play it. A lot of people who play MLG can be arrogant ******bags who like to spoil the fun of people who aren't tryhards and just want to enjoy the game with their friends. Some join custom games for the sole purpose of ******** people off. Why there are some nice MLG players, not all have encountered that many.

• 2 weeks later...

MLG never was the sole embodiment of competition. Like Twin said, they obviously used Halo to become profitable and widespread. Now, they aren't all bad. They promoted competition among gamers. But to be honest, all MLG is is a company full of skillful gamers. There are plenty of other companies just like it. MLG isn't the only organization out there that can be good for Halo. It's like assuming that Jelly is the only good thing for a Peanut Butter Sandwich. It's the most widespread (pun unintended) and known thing to add, but there are other good things to add. Some are even better. You just have to find them.

Well......that made me sad :(

I was a bit sad at first too. And I'm a casual gamer. But like I said, Jelly isn't the only good thing to ever happen to peanut butter, so MLG might not be the only good competitive avenue for Halo.

Remember people, things can turn out good or bad. Don't ever fully believe one or the other, remain open to any possibilities.