SHUTDOWN OF HALO 2!!!!!!!!

343 confirmed that Halo 2 will be shutdown in February 15. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( :( :(

Post here your best Halo 2 memories :(

Mine was when I did the mission Metropolis...It was the best mission in my opinion.There was the scarab gun on it and we had to destroy a scarab by entering it. It was so amazing.

To be honest, a site that is a fan forum for 343i doesn't even deserve to have a memories thread after this news was passed on. Why would I want to post how much it meant, or much potential it still had here, when it is a homage to the very people who quite obviously don't understand gamers...

• Like 3

Well all I can say is that Halo 2 may have been the best game ever released, in my eyes of course. It being shut down will officially kill it I believe. To make matters worse I'm 100% certain that they are going to be shutting it down based of faulty statistics. 20 People at the peak of it's population... give me a break.

343i didn't exactly get off to the best start with Halo 4 (opinions of a lot of people) and this may serve to piss a lot of people off. Terrible move on 343i's part. You don't simply take over the mantle, change the face of the game on such a drastic scale, and then shut down one of the better (if not best) online experiences of all time, and then have it bid over well with the fans.

It does suck that 343 Industries is taking away Halo 2 Online Multiplayer for the PC. I don't really want them to take it down anyway. But, I can only see two reasons why they would do this. First, the lack of community in Halo 2. Rarely, I see anyone in an open halo 2 server with CTF or slayer. Those were my favorite gametypes to play. Second is how many connection issues I had. Many times I would join a server with a decent ping. When I join in, it was laggy and unplayable. There was sometimes a glitch or a bug in the game. But those were always memorable moments to me, because I would never expect it. There might be more reasons why they would do this, but those are the most noteable I can see. But, if it's true, they might make a Halo 2 remake. And if they do, I hope they bring multiplayer back. That would be fun. They might also reveal it at the same time as the rumored Xbox console at E3.

It does suck that 343 Industries is taking away Halo 2 Online Multiplayer for the PC. I don't really want them to take it down anyway. But, I can only see two reasons why they would do this. First, the lack of community in Halo 2. Rarely, I see anyone in an open halo 2 server with CTF or slayer. Those were my favorite gametypes to play. Second is how many connection issues I had. Many times I would join a server with a decent ping. When I join in, it was laggy and unplayable. There was sometimes a glitch or a bug in the game. But those were always memorable moments to me, because I would never expect it. There might be more reasons why they would do this, but those are the most noteable I can see. But, if it's true, they might make a Halo 2 remake. And if they do, I hope they bring multiplayer back. That would be fun. They might also reveal it at the same time as the rumored Xbox console at E3.

One other possibility is because they would have to get rid of the PC MP so H2A has no unnecessary competition. I'm not saying this is likely but they would have to make this move at some point if H2A comes out.

Also, they can't say to just go play H2V if you want H2 online anymore, that used to be an excuse for not making H2A. It's like they are inviting people to raise hell about H2A.

to be fair i dont see tha anger of halo 2pc vista going its a game that came out years ago and only had 20 peaple at its peak not even worth keeping up now is it

20 people at it's peak sounds like a bit of a fib to me. There was always a decent modding and gaming community on there. I don't think that they were accounting for dedicated servers as well.

It would be awesome if the game was updated and release on the GFWL Marketplace for free or for like 5 bucks and it was updated to support or properly play on Windows XP and other operating systems... Im sure that if they would update it and spend some free time fixing it up a bit and making some updates it would be perfect to play for everyone on PC. Then with the revenue of 1 - 5 dollars a game they could then have the support to keep the game alive and online and possibly bring another halo to PC... say halo 3 pc..... :/ I know i would buy a copy of halo 2 again if it were to be put on the marketplace....

the gamers are there, the people are there, the money is there, but the effort and support from Microsoft in bringing the game up and out there is not...

• Like 1