DUAL WIELDING, Yay or Nay?

Echo

Since Halo 5 is the "Halo 2" of the new trilogy, I feel like bringing back dual wielding, a long with some cool new ideas and weapons, would be a great idea.

It doesn't have to dominate the game, it surely didn't in Halo 3. But they could totally make it more worth our while if they added armor mods to support it.

Maybe a mod that lets you hold both dual wielding weapons in your secondary weapon slot, instead of having to drop it for your BR.

Or maybe a shock mod that reduces recoil when dual wielding?

But either way, what does the community think, should Halo 5 bring back dual wielding? And also, share some ideas for cool armor mods that could benefit dual wielding. (Or maybe dual wielding could be a mod in itself)

I think they should. It makes sense really and Chief is shown multiple times to duel wield in cut-scenes...

Perhaps and Armour Modification which actually allows you to duel-wield...

If you look at the Mjoner's files it will show that it actually has specially designed arms for firing and holding.

It was cool, but rather pointless. If they bring it back now, it'll just give people more reason to compare it to CoD, even though halo did it before CoD.

It wasn't pointless in Halo 2. An SMG/Plasma Rifle combo was deadly as crap. The plasma destroyed your shield in a second and the SMG took a couple clicks of the trigger to finish them off. It could beat a BR close range. It wouldn't give them anything to compare to COD, seeing as how this was done WAAAAAAAAAAAY before COD was even popular lol. If anything it would just give us more options.

For example, a player only has ammo for their secondary weapon (pistol or SMG), and someone with an assault rifle comes at them. If they manage to stay behind cover and find pretty much any other weapon on the ground to dual wield, they could then defend themselves against the other person that has a two handed rifle. Not saying it would be a definite win, but it would keep you alive longer and give you more opportunity to kill the enemy.

It would be nice if it was brought back but, only if more dual wielding weapons are put into Halo 5. The three weapons in Halo 4 that are even capable of it aren't worth it.

Agreed, they'd definitely bring more weapons. In Hao 4, they made a covie and promethian version of every unsc weapon. So, if we get the SMG back, that means we'd also get a covie version (prolly the return of the plasma rifle) and then the promethian version. They'd probably add one more to each just for the sake of having more selections. It would also give people more secondary weapons to pick from since there are only a handful of primary weapons (only 3-4 of which are used lol)

And if the Brutes make a return in Halo 5, they could introduce Brute weapons too, and bring back the brute spiker.

I loved duel wielding the Halo 2 auto-magnums, was one of my favourite experiences to mow down the gunts with 20 headshots in around 2 seconds. But the one problem with duel wielding is balancing. Halo CE's weapons seemed so powerful cause you could only have two on you at a time AND there were only around 5 weapons per faction. Halo 2's weapons were much weaker cause not only were there more, you could hold 2 at one time, meaning half the power of what it would be on its own. Im all for Duel wield, i just dont want to see the smg returning just to spit tissuepaper in halo 5.

An armour mod for duel wielding could allow you to mele and drive vehicles without dropping your left hand weapon

Duel wielding should definitely be brought back. However, I think that if 343 is worried about duel wielding not being fair in Multiplayer, they should just make it a gametype option that is disabled by default but that could be used in custom games or Forgeable Firefight.

Please read my post on Forgeable Firefight for more information.

Duel-wielding, if kept balanced and done right will allow for a different style of playing and not be over-powered. Just keep it simple and fair, like in Halo 2 and 3. I think it needs a bit of modification however, to make it a tactical choice that has advantages and draw backs.

I Personally think Duel wielding in previous games was underworked. I think it would be much better if there was a support package that allowed you to duel wield your side arm. Because non-rifle weapons don't even spawn on maps anymore. And even if they did. I don't want to spend the whole game looking for them.

Im against dual-wielding. It will give more noobs or trolls the option to pwn me. I would NOT use dual-wielding.

If they're "pwning" you then they're not noobs. It will bring a little of the good old halo feel back to the game and add more options into game play rather then just Precision weapon and Power Weapons. That's all people ever use in this game. I would love for a classic Halo playlist to appear. With AR start and BR/DMR spawns on the map.

Dual wielding is pointless unless ALL weapons can be dual wielded.

Im against dual-wielding. It will give more noobs or trolls the option to pwn me. I would NOT use dual-wielding.

1. All weapons cannot be dual weilded! I mean could you Imagine some 8 year old ****er Dual weilding Rocket Lauchers PWNing you, Not fair!

2. Noobs cant PWN I mean NOOB stands for Non-Operating-Overpowered-Boob or guy that runs for power weapons right away!

Dual needlers... enough said.

Well ok I will say more. Dual wielding wasnt all that interesting to me really. Sure it was fun for a bit but the gameplay didnt change all that drastically. I dont particularly care if it comes back however I want it to be dynamic in some way. Something special instead of cheap combos for the easy win.

i love dual wielding! it would bring back the old feel and old halo back! there should be dual wielding again! I think the only weapons you would be allowed to dual wield would be plasma rifle or brute plasma rifle or spiker and magnum if those guns come back in halo five. and I think there should be an armor mod for the dual wielding where you can melee and get in a vehicle with out dropping the left weapon. I hope it comes back again, cus I powned with the spiker and plasma rifle together