"Terrarium" Competitive map

T3NAC10US M

Gamertag: T3NAC10US M (3,1, & 0, are numbers)

Map name: Terrarium

Gametypes: Slayer, KOTH, and CTF

The map is on my file share.

post-59094-0-75898900-1358377922_thumb.jpg

Terrarium was made as a larger map for big team style play. It has two bases with a single walk way in between them forcing players to use the man cannons and in some cases, choose a jetpack as a perk to access the catwalks. Blue base spawns a sniper in the very top level, using a jump pad and a trait zone to boost you up. Red base spawns the Railgun to offset the sniper spawn but still keep the map to having only one sniper. Along the middle walk way you will find the rockets that only spawn once. If you happen to have a jet pack and scale along the catwalks you will be rewarded with a needler (i know it's not the best, but I didn't want to put something too powerful.) the entire map is enclosed in walls and glass ceilings, giving it a green house feel, hence "Terrarium". Please let me know what you think if you download this map.

post-59094-0-45714300-1358377347_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-41112400-1358377357_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-56654200-1358377370_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-48558500-1358377381_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-04636300-1358377390_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-50821500-1358377398_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-49904100-1358377404_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-48418400-1358377414_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-17589200-1358377426_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-42630800-1358377432_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-30425100-1358377442_thumb.jpg

I apologize for the shotty picture quality. they definitely do not do it justice.

Okay, time for my review! ^-^

I hope all/any of the information left in this review is helpful to you and helps improve your over all forging~ :)

Right! Well this one was a bit different than I expected but still it's clear from the start that a respectable amount of effort has gone into the creation of this map and as I did before I will start positive and work towards the negative.

The map itself looks pretty nice, I especially love how the sunlight comes in through the windows over the ceiling! It looks fantastic, kind of makes me feel like I'm in a green house or something, anyway. The map looks nice, you've done a great job making sure everything is smooth as it was in your previous map. You've again used some different idea's and designs for the level's structure and made a map completely beyond me. (I totally suck at forging on Ravine)

The aesthetics on the broken bridge are again nice, maybe a little over done but still..... I think it would look a little better with the second piece missing and a bit more wiring if you have any spare. (Also I like that you lock the pieces when you are happy with them, more forgers need to get into this habit!)

One of the big negative points would be weapons. I understand that this map wouldn't work with vehicles but with 16 players on the map I think it needs a little bit more than a sniper, a railgun and a rocket launcher. I might have missed some of the weapons when I previously looked at the map but this brings up my point about using ordinance to help show new players where they spawn.

Kill zones were not as obvious on this map as they were on Outpost: Icarus, I did notice the kill zones on the aesthetic broken bridge, however when I fell to my death I fell all the way to the bottom of the canyon, which is rather tedious, I would recommend placing a large instant kill near the bottom of the map where you deem death from falling rather than let the game decide when you almost hit the bottom.

Some of the structures are a big negative point for me too. Although the map looks really nice I feel the defending side (Red Team) seem to have a large disadvantage. They have less cover, weaker weapons and just generally are not well protected at all. I noticed on forge you still have some decorative pieces available although you have no blocks left but still I think red team need a little bit more cover to help them out. If this was to be tested I'm sure some players on red team would consider leaving the game as they clearly have the disadvantage. :(

Mobility. This again comes back to structures and how you position them. The map is smooth and that is a fact, it is fairly easy to get around without catching on bumps or poorly forged pieces however the higher up walkways on the side of the map seem to be inaccessible by foot, you need a jet pack. I did notice the trait jump to get up to the sniper and that was okay, not 100% obvious but it works. However there isn't any way I could figure out to use the outer walkways without a jet pack which leaves only one bridge or a lift for those still on foot.

This map looks promising so I don't want you to give up on it. It could be a really great map with some more work, but for the most parts it feels like it's unfinished to me, like blue team had more time worked on it than red team did. :(

And finally spawning as it was before in the previous review is okay, but for the most part broken without the re-spawn zones to help the re-spawn points work effectively. Apart from that it's looking like a promising map to me and I hope when you work on the feed back given that it plays outstandingly. For now though I'll rate it a 3.6 which isn't the final mark, this map is merely a shell and you have the power to make it hit 5.

The Sigma AI