Halo 5 Rumors

Dog

halo-4.jpg?w=600

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We All Know Halo 5 will be a darker halo than halo 4,and it is only the start of the forerunner saga.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Halo 4" was one of the best reviewed games of 2012. The title garnered an 87 aggregate score from Meta Critic and was hailed by reviewers for reinvigorating the franchise. However, developer 343 Industries claims that "it made a ton of mistakes in producing the hit title".

On a blog, franchise development director Frank O'Connor stated that "[Halo 4] wasn't flawless by any stretch of the imagination". But by most objective criteria, it was a resounding success. So we know we have a lot to do. And we know we have a lot to learn. But we also know that we now have the capacity, the teamwork, the technology and the experience to do much better next time."

He added, "We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better. And we know this, and we will."

O'Connor makes no mention about whether the development company has initiated work on the next installment in the venerated franchise but he seems to be excited about the future.

"Technically, this should be a retrospective, but it's safe to say I'm more excited about the future than the past. Excited about what this team is already working on," he wrote. "Excited about what this team is capable of. And excited about the future of Halo. A future we want you to be a part of. A future we're building for you."

The only real information currently known about the next Halo title is that it will be "darker" than the previous installment. Rumors indicate that the game could come out with the launch of the Xbox 720, but with recent release of "Halo 4," the next title is likely a few years away. Reports have claimed that the title is in "early development."

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Halo 5 gets made. even if it doesn't 343 could make a buttload by making an ultimate Halo Forge disc as a release to extend gameplay.

ideas for some improvevments are:

1: Forge your own lanscape

2: Make set of forge items (i.e.: buildings, blocks, decorations, vehicles, etc.) available for ALL maps

3: include ALL Halo vehicles in forge...also a few new ones :) bring back elephant and chopper also pelicans

4: Hand to Hand combat make Spartans capable of holstering weapons to perform hand to hand attacks...neck snaps, punches, kicks .....if possible backflip kicks to opponents head

5: custom skins for buildings

6: sliding doors, elevators, and drop pods as forge items

7: Taunts

8:Have terminals display custom messages in forge.....who wouldnt like to actvate a terminal displaying "Happy Birthday Master Chief."

9:Able to place enemy "bots" in forge from Covenant to Flood

and

10: New Premise for Halo 5 Master Chief finds truth behind Spartan program goes after Halsey with a Spartan team of his own to bring her before a tribunal. Only she has surrounded herself with renegade Spartans, Covenant forces and a new Cortana A.I. construct who helps/ hinders Master chief as she is under Halseys control.....just an idea i havent read any Halo books.

From the perspective of a gamer we would like to see:

~Different building block skins/textures (forge)

~The agility/roll ability in multiplayer

~A less-powerful variation of the needler in multiplayer load outs

~The skull to be removed from the orbital helmet

From my own perspective I would like to see:

~More vehicles

~More melee weapons

~The body armor looking more like metal plastic (multiplayer)

~Ladders, overall ladders

I honestly haven't played Halo 4 more than once so feel free to correct me if a made a factual inadequacy.

• 3 months later...

I think they got some things right in 4, but they need to take budget away from Forge. I hate budget.

I hope Halo 5 gets made. even if it doesn't 343 could make a buttload by making an ultimate Halo Forge disc as a release to extend gameplay.
ideas for some improvevments are:

1: Forge your own lanscape
2: Make set of forge items (i.e.: buildings, blocks, decorations, vehicles, etc.) available for ALL maps
3: include ALL Halo vehicles in forge...also a few new ones smile.png bring back elephant and chopper also pelicans
4: Hand to Hand combat make Spartans capable of holstering weapons to perform hand to hand attacks...neck snaps, punches, kicks .....if possible backflip kicks to opponents head
5: custom skins for buildings
6: sliding doors, elevators, and drop pods as forge items
7: Taunts
8:Have terminals display custom messages in forge.....who wouldnt like to actvate a terminal displaying "Happy Birthday Master Chief."
9:Able to place enemy "bots" in forge from Covenant to Flood

and

10: New Premise for Halo 5 Master Chief finds truth behind Spartan program goes after Halsey with a Spartan team of his own to bring her before a tribunal. Only she has surrounded herself with renegade Spartans, Covenant forces and a new Cortana A.I. construct who helps/ hinders Master chief as she is under Halseys control.....just an idea i havent read any Halo books.

You literally named off EVERYTHING I WANT.

Yes, if they tried to release an H5 by the Xbox One release date, then I wouldn't even try to peek at the new Halo. I would be furious that they didn't put in enough years in between. That would be waaayyyyy too rushed for my tastes. 

Kinda like what Lionhead did with Fable 3. Came out way too soon after Fable 2. And it turned into the worse Fable game I had ever played. Oh, and I refuse to try out The Journey. Wont do it nor can I even if I wanted to. :P

I don't see Halo 5 Launching until late 2014, at the very earliest.

I do see a Halo game of some kind launching this Nov.  What could it be?  I don't know but I dream of a Halo 2 Remastered Edition.  Halo Wars 2, or Halo ODST 2 might also be in the running with a real successor to the original Firefight.

E3 is a little over a week away, I hope we will know more then.