was Halo 3's Community the best?

darrencassdc6000

Where Halo 2 was the best online game in my opinion, Halo 3 was by far the best for the community. As you stated it was more fun socially, players talked so much more there is simply no comparison to any other game. The call outs from randoms just met in pre game lobby, the "Hey...who's good with the sniper?" question or just the I call the AR comments were what made Halo 3 heads up above all other games. There really can not be a legitimate argument against it, unlees some 'fanboy' comes along of course! lol

• Like 2

Where Halo 2 was the best online game in my opinion, Halo 3 was by far the best for the community. As you stated it was more fun socially, players talked so much more there is simply no comparison to any other game. The call outs from randoms just met in pre game lobby, the "Hey...who's good with the sniper?" question or just the I call the AR comments were what made Halo 3 heads up above all other games. There really can not be a legitimate argument against it, unlees some 'fanboy' comes along of course! lol

The reason people talked more in those 2 games was because people cared about winning, which all goes back to having a legitimate ranking system!!!!!

• Like 1

I really could care less about Rank...what ever happened to just playing a game for fun?

Thats what they were designed for originally. If we all just played them for fun, or for there story, we wouldn't get so many bad sport's out there....

I respectfully disagree. The point of a game, of ANY GAME, is to win. That doesn't mean you cant have fun, but you dont go into a game with the goal of just having a good time. If games were played that way they would be boring. Americans love football because of the excitement and competitiveness to win.

• Like 2

I respectfully disagree. The point of a game, of ANY GAME, is to win. That doesn't mean you cant have fun, but you dont go into a game with the goal of just having a good time. If games were played that way they would be boring. Americans love football because of the excitement and competitiveness to win.

I just have to say this, I play games purely for the fun of it. Doesnt matter if I win or loose as long as I am enjoying myself.

Yes winning is a great bonus but it is not needed in order to have fun. I go into games all the time not caring if I win or loose. Yes I contribute towards the team winning, I always do, but I make sure that first and foremost I am enjoying my experience in the game. If I dont enjoy it then why would I play in the first place?

As I said, winning/competitiveness and having fun are not the same thing. They are two different drives with two different goals. Though they are not always mutually exclusive. You can be competitive and have fun at the same time. I have no problem with that (unless you take the competitive side way to seriously).

Take your NFL example. Do those players play to win, play for a pay check or play for the enjoyment of the game? That is up to the individual. Some play for just one of those things, others play for a combo of those things. Choose what suits your mindset the best.

Just keep in mind that you can not speak for the reasons why other people play games...

I have been playing with pretty much the same group of people since Halo 2 with a few additions/subtractions. So I have had a great community for a long time. I will say that the addition of Forge in Halo 3 just blew the community up in a good way. So that is a big reason the community was so great. I have noticed that less people use their headsets online. I am 90% of the time with a group that is talking which adds to the fun. I think the reason more people don't talk online if because of all the bad stuff you hear.

Halo 3 was the best community of almost any online fps I have played, I made friends through just playing, I ended up with a team for every game mode and it was great, win or lose we had fun but we were all out for the win.

I remember the guys I played Team slayer and BTB with, we loved playing against a clan, it was like a real competition lol.

On H4 have added no new friends to date and only found a handful I would play with for more than a couple of rounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Halo 2 = Best possible multiplayer FPS that has ever lived, hands down. Halo 3 by far had the most attention from sponsors, community members, developer, the publisher etc. I really miss the days when everybody had mic's in, and everybody communicated. Don't even get me started on the customs that were in that game. Race maps (HALO), Ghostbusters, Jenga, Saw, Don't Fall, Jump maps. Brings tears to my eyes when I remember how many great people played that game, and then you go to Bnet and everybody contributed so many positive things to that site. It was so active, so caring, and so appreciative of any player, casual/forger/competitive. I miss those days, where one could voice there opinion on something and not get shot down in flames by others for needless reasons.

-Inversion

Halo 2 = Best possible multiplayer FPS that has ever lived, hands down. Halo 3 by far had the most attention from sponsors, community members, developer, the publisher etc. I really miss the days when everybody had mic's in, and everybody communicated. Don't even get me started on the customs that were in that game. Race maps (HALO), Ghostbusters, Jenga, Saw, Don't Fall, Jump maps. Brings tears to my eyes when I remember how many great people played that game, and then you go to Bnet and everybody contributed so many positive things to that site. It was so active, so caring, and so appreciative of any player, casual/forger/competitive. I miss those days, where one could voice there opinion on something and not get shot down in flames by others for needless reasons.

-Inversion

i completely agree with you.