Pushing and Shoving

Baeztoberfest

Personally? I hate it. If someone's blocking my way and I can't retreat we both end up getting killed because they are an immovable object. Of course whenever I want to snipe or hang out for just a second to get my bearings on where everything is going on and my TEAMMATE runs into me they are an unstoppable force and can push me 50 feet away seems like.

It's annoying. It's like everyone else can push and shove but me. It's not a HUGE problem but it is one that is extremely noticeable. To me anyway. Has anyone else noticed this too?

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me... Happened to me yesterday. Was playing swat. I was on adrift trying to run for some cover in one of those long narrow corridors and ended up face first against a teammate pushing me back into combat. The enemy ended up getting a double kill with one trigger squeeze from the BR.

Had this happen quite a lot. Had a team mate push me into a corner once an enemy had a perfect grenade throw and he decided to stand there and kept me from getting out of the way and he got us both because of it. Never been able to push other people out of the way but, I get pushed very easily.

Personally? I hate it. If someone's blocking my way and I can't retreat we both end up getting killed because they are an immovable object. Of course whenever I want to snipe or hang out for just a second to get my bearings on where everything is going on and my TEAMMATE runs into me they are an unstoppable force and can push me 50 feet away seems like.

It's annoying. It's like everyone else can push and shove but me. It's not a HUGE problem but it is one that is extremely noticeable. To me anyway. Has anyone else noticed this too?

I feel your pain, makes me wish team killing was allowed again. I've been killed so many times because my exit route was cut off by someone with no friggin situational awareness it's pathetic. Been blown off the map in mid jump a few times in mid jump because of loose nades .... really, you throw nades near a team mate in CQB .... the list is endless.

The most obnoxious kids play any more. Jump in front of your line of fire, Bump into you knock your shot off line, block a door way aka your escape route, ridiculous. I want team killing back.

I think that it's annoying, but Halo also prides itself on its physics engine and moving objects around in the world. I think that as annoying as this can be, it's a cool technical accomplishment.

If they were going for realism in their "physics engine and moving objects around in the world" then they completely failed here. When somebody runs at you in the real world, are they able to push you around like your standing on a sheet of ice? In reality they would just bounce off you.

I don't see this as something 343 needs to fix, I see this as something the players need to fix, by paying attention and not running into their teammates. Don't stand directly behind me. If we're running toward each other, angle off to the side or jump.

The lack of friendly fire is causing some rather...trolling effects on the game.

I've had people duck in front of me or try to cause collateral damage when I have a launcher weapon, causing me to kill myself. That's awesome.

And of course when someone is in your way in a critical situation and theres no way to make them move, my personal favorite in other games was to stick my teamates on the face if something like that was happening.

I depise this feature of the game, I have been sniping on the hill in Ragnarok and many times only to find some idiot of a team mate has pushed me into the view of the enemy, or even worse the mantis has pushed me straight over the hill....

I do find that I seem to get pushed more than I can push but then again it might have to do with sprint. It is a silly feature in the game, if nobody can move anyone then players would go around you instead of trying to go through you.

It is amazing how often this takes away your shot or gets you killed, but then again intelligent halo is all but dead..

I hate have my exit route cutoff by some idiot who doesn't know he's about to get owned by the entire enemy team. Plus I dont like getting caught on smooth/sloping walls or an barely perceivable rift in the floor thats not even bigger than a step. If they would fix this it would make for a more pleasant playing environment besides I remember them saying they didn't want players to find it too easy to get themselves killed by the map when they were talking about the new maps. but all too often I find myself caught on another player or a ledge by little more then say my elbow snagging them only to killed for that delay. And the quick kill times don't help this.

Anyone who hates Halo's collision system clearly has never played Call of Duty.

Running into a player/ With a player in Halo: Bump.

Running into a player/ With a player in CoD: Hey whatthef Lagg omg whfff fhoiduhgsddpoafifiofif ahh god, jeez, get away from me you people, god!

There are few aread around lvl's where I seem to get caught against a wall but I suppose the exist in all games, I suppose the pushing of players is not something to be fixed in this game but rather to be removed from the next.

Would be nice to see the old system back in place as at least everyone knows the score.

I don't encounter this in COD, and I play both games very much. In COD team players cannot move you, period. If you don't move, they won't move you by running into you.

When you run with them, or run together in a group when the match/round starts, they'll move you in that all the players try to squeese through areas, then you see the hilarious lag/choppy/omgwtf collision system.