Halo 5: Toggle First and Third Person When on A Passenger Seat

Diego DGFG

One thing I loved about Halo C.E. was that when you got on the passenger seat of the warthog, you could see in first person. It gave the game a new sense of realism and just looking to your left and watching your partner drive gave going on the passenger seat a whole new level to it. I don't seem to get why they took it off, maybe to cover more ground. Anyways, I wanted to bring back the first person on the passenger seats of vehicles.

I suppose many people like 3rd person too, so I thought why not toggle it? Maybe press the zoom button to get to first person, or just adjust it on the game settings. Now, when you're on first person maybe your gun could do a little bit more damage due to the fact its harder to see. Also, I've noticed that spartans on the Hog are sort of standing up (In a sort of crouched position). Maybe when you press the crouch button you could take cover behind the glass and then shoot again.

Lastly, with this I also think that giving the warthogs a little more resistance could be better. This way they could be far more dangerous and not get blown up all the time. I was hoping this could also add to the mongoose, Wraith/Tank turret, and/or any future vehicles with the same potential (Think of the Halo: Reach Falcon). For driving I'm not sure. It would look epic though. Seeing your hands move the steering wheel, the glass breaking in your face the more you take damage, and the buttons on the screen. Maybe you could even make a little line in the interface that shows the Warthog's health.

Well, thanks for taking a look at this. It would be great if it could be integrated to Halo 5 and future Halos. I don't think it'll be a problem because you could toggle it on/off (But then again I don't know if that could be possible). I would be grateful if any of these are added.

Thank You

Gamertag: Diego DGFG

• Like 1

I would only accpept it if they did it with all but make it work for both. Battlefielf 3 did terrible in this regard

Vehicles susceptible to infantry is purpioseful so they are able to be took down with concentrated fire. its balancing

I'm actually more for just removing the 3rd person perspective in favor of a 1st person perspective. This would benefit gameplay in several different ways.

This would benefit strategy and revive the role of vehicles in Halo. Now not only could a Warthog be used as a transport vehicle and a mobile machine gun turret. It could also be used as a super mobile sniping platform. This combination would be deadly and just what is needed to bring the Warthog back up to speed with the other vehicles.

However this probably would hinder the abilities of Rocket launchers and other weapons that are best fired from the third person perspective. (easier to aim)

I guess it's really just a battle of which is more important to you.

Good post OP

:)

I really do miss the first person perspective in the side seat. I really did add that sense of realism to the passenger seat. But I do have to say it is eaiser to fire the rocket launcher from third person so I guess a toggle wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm interested to see what 343i will do with that concept.

• 4 weeks later...