What do you dislike about Halo 4 Matchmaking?

Hater

This thread is not to show my hatred toward Halo 4, it is to show what I dislike about Halo 4. I love Halo 4, but there are some things that I dislike about the game. This is completely opinion based and if you disagree with me, that is fine.

1. Ranked playlist - As most of you know, there is not a true skill rank system. That means that you can do bad the whole game and still rank up. This is alright, however, there should be a split between playlists; a social playlist, and a ranked playlist. The social playlist being for players who just want to have fun. Ranked playlist for people who want to compete competitively with each other. There would be different ranks for the the two playlists. I feel that this will comfort the players' gaming style.

2. The maps - I feel that Halo 4 has had a major let down for the maps. Especially for the 4v4 maps. There is only five maps, but only two of which i feel comfortable playing on; Adrift and Haven. Complex is just a DMR camp fest, Abandon is a tower of power map, and Solace is just too open. I feel that the community forged maps should come back into gametypes, much like Halo: Reach.

3. Weapon Balance - For me, there is not much diversity between the weapons used. The main weapon used is obviously the DMR. The reason being is for the lack of weapon balancing. It has the fastest killing time for anyone loadout weapon except the assault rifle at close range. It can practically snipe someone from across the map. It also has insanely good accuracy due to its easy to use reticle. It eliminates the use of the other loadout weapons.

I have now stated what I dislike about Halo 4. The list could go on for hours, but these are my main concerns. In the replies to this thread, please tell me, what are your dislikes for Halo 4?

No ranking system for the exact reason you stated above, no weapon diversity, again for the exact same reason you stated above although I've been using the BR lately and have been getting good results. Forge maps haven't been put into rotation for MM yet. Boltshot shotgun blast being able to kill outside melee range. Flood being absolutely terrible, bring back regular Injection.

Severe lack of playlists, getting rid of Team Snipers was a bad move on 343i's part. If they want to keep the community happy they need to stop experimenting with fan favorites. Halo 3 easily had almost 20 playlists and this game only has what 9-10 max currently. If this doesn't change when this big January update hits then there's gonna be some problems.

Spartan Ops challenges are too easy to complete. Needs to be both daily and weekly challenges. Have separate loud outs for War Games and S. Ops.

Increase SR cap or add more specializations.

• Like 1

SPAWNS SPAWNS SPAWNS.

The spawning is really screwed up!

Every game when playing everything from SWAT to Dominion

I get a player spawn behind/infront of me or I have spawned infront/behind someone else...

Also the ordnance should not do damage as it can really be annoying when a teammate uses it!

The list of flaws in the game is nigh endless. That being said, even I'M tired of talking about it. I'm simply going to kick back and wait and see what happens in the TU and hope that they at least get some of the issues, if not fixed entirely, at least headed in the right direction. Until that point, I'll just be running from time to time with friends and we'll see how it sorts out. Dubs and grifball are supposed to be out shortly and those are 2 of my favorite lists to play. We'll see how it goes. If they implement the new smaller and mid sized maps into swat, I'll probably get back into that as well. We'll just have to see how it goes.

• Like 1

spawns, weapons, ranking system. basicaly just a incentive to want to do anything in the game now i want 343 to give me a reason to put halo 4 in and play hours and hours like halo 3 but so far i'm not seeing it 1-2 games i'm raging and playing other games. the games i'm raging my team is winning to thats the worse part lol.

• Like 1

This thread is not to show my hatred toward Halo 4, it is to show what I dislike about Halo 4. I love Halo 4, but there are some things that I dislike about the game. This is completely opinion based and if you disagree with me, that is fine.

1. Ranked playlist - As most of you know, there is not a true skill rank system. That means that you can do bad the whole game and still rank up. This is alright, however, there should be a split between playlists; a social playlist, and a ranked playlist. The social playlist being for players who just want to have fun. Ranked playlist for people who want to compete competitively with each other. There would be different ranks for the the two playlists. I feel that this will comfort the players' gaming style.

2. The maps - I feel that Halo 4 has had a major let down for the maps. Especially for the 4v4 maps. There is only five maps, but only two of which i feel comfortable playing on; Adrift and Haven. Complex is just a DMR camp fest, Abandon is a tower of power map, and Solace is just too open. I feel that the community forged maps should come back into gametypes, much like Halo: Reach.

3. Weapon Balance - For me, there is not much diversity between the weapons used. The main weapon used is obviously the DMR. The reason being is for the lack of weapon balancing. It has the fastest killing time for anyone loadout weapon except the assault rifle at close range. It can practically snipe someone from across the map. It also has insanely good accuracy due to its easy to use reticle. It eliminates the use of the other loadout weapons.

I have now stated what I dislike about Halo 4. The list could go on for hours, but these are my main concerns. In the replies to this thread, please tell me, what are your dislikes for Halo 4?

1. Don't really mind either way.

2. I kind of agree, but at the same time it's not that much of a difference from past Halo titles during release, so it doesn't bother me that badly.

3. Again kind of agree. It would have been nice if they had made each weapon useful in certain situations (or at least made them all as useful as each other) rather than having a few weapons dominate over most.

Main thing I disliked was the vehicles. They made me sad. Specifically my scorpion. :(