T3NAC10US M

Gamertag: T3NAC10US M (3,1, & 0, are numbers)

Map name: Outpost: Icarus

Gametypes: Slayer and KOTH

The map is on my file share.

post-59094-0-26337200-1357880627_thumb.jpg

Outpost: Icarus is a small semi-symmetrical map surrounding an open central area. There are two main "bases" where each team spawns to start the game. One base is almost entirely enclosed and features two long hallways for close-quarter combat. The two hallways lead to the central room with a station console that has a teleporter in the center, also the shot gun spawns in this room to aid in the close-quarter hallway combat. the teleporter takes you to the structure below the window in the middle room, giving that team quick access to the center of the map but also opens the center room up to intrusion. The second base consists of a three story tower with a sniper spawning on top. This base is alot smaller than the other base but it has easier acces to the central features of the map. The middle of the map has an initial sword spawn which is replaced by a random spawn afterwards that spawns either rockets, SAW, needler, or sticky detonator. There is a boltshot and a railgun also.

post-59094-0-35879800-1357880585_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-42745100-1357880603_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-58760800-1357880610_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-81468700-1357880614_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-69943400-1357880618_thumb.jpgpost-59094-0-79760500-1357880622_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, time for my review, however it will be a bit short as I have two maps that I said I would look at. I'll start with the positive feed back for this map and tell you the good stuff and then move onto the negative points later on.

Right, well obviously the map is impressive from a first glance, it looks very well forged with some interesting concepts that I haven't considered myself and probably wouldn't have thought of doing had I not seen it which makes it somewhat unique. The ramps are smooth the lay out is as described smallish and quite comfortable for a 4 v 4 scenario.

The aesthetics are great, the map looks like a believable space station and the use of cannonmen on the sides of the centre platform really give off that look as if they are holding the weight so great job there.

The map has some interesting looks to it and you did well to make sure players cannot take too much advantage over the structures that are walk-able. The structures on the outside are able to support players who jet pack onto them for the advantage however the main building where people would most likely camp on top if allowed too has a soft kill barrier around it which covers it quite nicely leaving no chance for players to exploit it.

Falling off the map is clearly dealt with an instant kill which is always nice as no-one wants to watch a Spartan fall for 7 seconds when they could be re-spawning and be back in the game, so that was a nice touch and one which all maps built on impact that do not use the surface should have.

The weapons spawns are good and you haven't gone crazy playing anything unfairly or placing too many power weapons on 4 v 4 map. Weapons are within east access to both sides leaving a fight scenario to determine which team gets that weapon.

Right, here are some negative points. I like the Sword spawning in the middle of the map however the rest of the weapons are not set as ordinance drops and are regular weapon placements which I noticed we placed well enough for me to spot but for some newer players who don't see them right away may never learn the weapon spawns as regular players will have the advantage. I usually stick to all ordinance as it helps newer players find their way around but it is really up to you.

The teleporter in the bottom that leads inside the main complex isn't placed facing forward which could leave players entering it from an angle confused when coming out the other side, I would advise adjusting that slightly. :)

I took a look in forge to check weapon re-spawn times and they are very fair also, not too long or too soon, just right. I did however notice you placed a random ordinance on the sword spawn which got stuck in mid air while I was looking around in game as I never picked up the sword, but I'm sure that wouldn't even happen in game. ^-^;;

(It's nice that the sword does NOT re-spawn, I like when some weapons don't re-spawn as it keeps things interesting.)

The spawns are okay but I would advise taking another look into the spawn placement for your map. The initial spawns are placed apart so you spawn for the most part by yourselves rather than equal distance away from your team. That could lead to unfair advantages as players closer to some weapons will get them every time and others won't. I would advise you to place them all as one group rather than separated in the corridors.

Re-spawns are okay as well, not amazing, but pretty good. You have plenty of re-spawn points on the map however they are not governed by any re-spawn zones. You don't have any re-spawn zones around them so the spawning for the most part will be rather broken and slightly unfair in some cases spawning players in the opposite base or away from their team which could make it difficult to set up other game types.

Lastly this isn't a big issue I just have a personal prefference as almost everyone does so I'll be blunt and just say it.

"I don't like the gold colour" xD

So having almost all the buildings with the cream and gold really bugged me when I was looking around. I think the map would like nicer with team 3's colour of vivid yellow rather than the pale gold colour of team 7, it just doesn't do it for me. :(

Right, well that just about wraps up this review, I hope all/any of the information in this map review helped you, I was very pleased with the map itself, I think it looks great and if the spawns are set right you could probably use the One Flag CTF game type on this map as it looks like it would work really well with that. But as always it's been a pleasure and I rate this map a 4 out of 5.....(maybe 4.2 if you change the gold lol)

Thanks again and I hope to see an update soon.

The Sigma AI