HALO IS DYING: 343i MUST ACT NOW

OutGunnd

I wouldn't say Halo is dying (The franchise is certainly alive and strong) but Halo 4 doesn't hold my interest as much as Reach did. It all comes down to personal preference, some people like the changes made and some don't... although there are some rather large issues 343 needs to address.

Not every single person who plays Halo 4 plays multiplayer, so just because MM stats are lower doesn't mean much. They were highest at release, then it tapers off over time. That's not dying, that's just how it goes. People play other games, they don't get on MM as much, etc. It doesn't mean they all got pissed at the game and quit. Over time a games population will decrease, it's normal, if not expected. It doesn't mean 343 failed, or that Halo is dying.

Not every single person who plays Halo 4 plays multiplayer, so just because MM stats are lower doesn't mean much. They were highest at release, then it tapers off over time. That's not dying, that's just how it goes. People play other games, they don't get on MM as much, etc. It doesn't mean they all got pissed at the game and quit. Over time a games population will decrease, it's normal, if not expected. It doesn't mean 343 failed, or that Halo is dying.

Halo 3 had a much larger fan-base and a higher population count compared to halo 4, That game was released in 2007 btw.

Yeah, cuz everyone sits around and plays the Campaign all day because it is so spectacular...

Real talk though, all of the players that swamped Halo 3's population have long since moved on to CoD and Minecraft. "Wave of the future", I guess.

Yeah, cuz everyone sits around and plays the Campaign all day because it is so spectacular...

Real talk though, all of the players that swamped Halo 3's population have long since moved on to CoD and Minecraft. "Wave of the future", I guess.

we all moved cause bungie and 343 have yet to make a amazing game as halo 3 or give us enough replayability.

Thie population thing is complete lie microsoft recently printed off the 20 games with the most activity cod blackops2 were top follwed by minecraft then halo4 reach scraped in the top 20 but halo3 wasnt even in it, that were official figures!! Numbers always drop o game after the first few days/weeks but to say its dyin I honestly dont know were ur lookin! id agree with quite a few of ur points although some are just little nitpicks, sprintin? Im so glad they made it standard instead of an armour power! but I still love the game an I aint about to stop playin it over these issues I think overall they did a really good job! Though I do say it isnt as complete as reach was I aint goin back!!!

"VERY on e of my friends play it STILL to this day, "FOR" the campaign, they bought it FOR the Campaign" that sounded to me like you had friends who are online everyday playing the campaign but i'm not trying to be rude just understand.

halo 2 revolutionized how multiplayer was i think i buy it for the multiplayer. The campaign is kinda difficult to follow if you didn't read the books sadly.

well are you not in anyway upset by the lack of multiplayer players on the game in a AAA exclusive game such as halo the population is just getting lower and lower? i mean i hope the title update is good or i'm scared of the future of halo i really am.

If you had read the book's, you would find the game and book's do not tally up.

I think Halo has hit a fork in the road, Halo 4 is a miss match if pure genius and complete crap. Mixing Halo with Call of Duty was a good idea but a mistake as the idea was not thought out very well at all. There is no balance, and the loadout's are completely stupid. Half the item's on the list should already be in the suit, but some bright spark at Bungie (half of 343 is Bungie, and we all know that the stupidity of Reach followed in to Halo 4, hence "Bungie") thought it was a good idea to have a loadout for "Wheelman". Yeah, as if a Vehicle is stronger, because you are wearing an inplant. "NO !!!"

Flinch. Another prime example of Bungie stupididty, and the list can go on.

Whether the game was rushed or not, realistic idea's seemed to have come from a Christmas Cracker, but while i still love Halo 4, it is sadly flawed beyond belief. I spend most of my time playing Sp-Op's, because i am sick of all the crap in MM, the unfair Ordanance Drop's, Armour Load Out's that seem to make no sense and over powered weopon's. The Assault Rifle now seem's to be more powerful than a DMR, where is the sense in that.

I do play MM, from time to time, and was excited to see the return of Sniper's, yeah, until "Flinch" reared it's ugly head. In one game, i had perfect head shot's lined up, and i was hit, i flinched and ended up looking at the bird's, instead of getting back to my target, 7 to 8 time's, in that one game. To say it is frustrating is an understatement.

343 should have been a new game's maker with new idea's, and not bring bad idea's from a previous game and mutating them into even badder idea's. As if Armour Lock was not bad enough, they really out did themselves on the Load Out's in Halo 4.

I must admit, it was a good idea, but they over thought it and ruined it beyond it's capacity. Item's that the Armoured Suit should already have is a complete lunatic idea. Wheelman, and the other brainless item's have no sense to them at all.

Halo 5 hopefully is thought out better, or i am afraid, Halo will die with 343.

• 1 month later...

It's not dying, it's just degrading in quality.  It's sort of like TV shows, after a certain number of seasons the show has degraded in quality to the extent that it just has to stop.

The thing is, games can keep going IF the developers take an active role in improving factors which bother percentages of their audience.  But it's been awhile since real community service has been a priority for the Halo franchise, at least in my opinion.

It's really the joint fate of the gaming industry though.  It's part of what happens when the focus becomes money instead of quality.  The first few Halo's (mostly Halo 1) reflected the work of a small, dedicated team of individuals whose primary interest was to make a good game.  After that it became more so about making a game people would buy.  This trend continued until we ended up where we are today, where "hype", "advertising", and "short term enjoyment" are the primary concern of the developers.

• Like 1

Funnily enough I agree with you at some Multi-Player problems. But hardly any other complaints. Halo is not dying though! It's just been ruined quite a lot. If it gets made back to what Reach was like: I will be furious!! I kind of hated Reach. If Halo 5 is fixed and is more like Halo 3's and 2's multi-player I will be over the moon: and I think quite a lot of other players will be as well. This is how I think in percentage about your complaints:

Multiplayer: 67%

Custom games: 75%. PS: There is file share and people don't just do Flood on customs: anyway Flood is cr*p Living Dead was well better.

Forge: 29%. PS: There is Forge World (Forge Island) well now there is. There is no Elephant in H4 anyway but if there was Mammoth's on Forge..........:)

Spartan Ops: 50%  each way. I totally agree with the map variations. Huge letdown? No, but in someways yes. The story is brilliant.

Theatre: 19%

Campaign: 5%

Also your right on your last paragraph. However, I think of it as different: do 343 ever even have a look on the forums? Because it kind of seems that all the work we put into those topics and posts is useless if they don't check some of it out!!

It's not dying, it's just degrading in quality.  It's sort of like TV shows, after a certain number of seasons the show has degraded in quality to the extent that it just has to stop.

The thing is, games can keep going IF the developers take an active role in improving factors which bother percentages of their audience.  But it's been awhile since real community service has been a priority for the Halo franchise, at least in my opinion.

It's really the joint fate of the gaming industry though.  It's part of what happens when the focus becomes money instead of quality.  The first few Halo's (mostly Halo 1) reflected the work of a small, dedicated team of individuals whose primary interest was to make a good game.  After that it became more so about making a game people would buy.  This trend continued until we ended up where we are today, where "hype", "advertising", and "short term enjoyment" are the primary concern of the developers.

Your totally right dude. Moreover, your also right about games move on, and the producers all ways try to change in order to improve. Personally I think 343 might of changed it a bit too much!

this game is about ten times better than reach. i get that its not halo2 or h3 but come on, will anything ever liive up to those ones? if u dont like settings/playlists play customs. there is a huge customs comunity for mingames and competitive were tu can play on some amazing forged maps as well as change the rules to your liking. wit h5 they just have to make sure the playlists are ready before launch, the campaign is sick and that u can see ur trueskill/csr in the lobby rather than waypoint.

huge impovement over reach imo. all fps are getting a wee bit stale too. we need some new consoles...

also if they ad a custom games lobby poting section to the menu of h5 i would jizz

• 3 weeks later...