Are You Ready For A Game-Changing Update?

Flippant Sol

ARE YOU READY FOR A GAME-CHANGING UPDATE?

Do you feel that the competition in Halo 4 is getting bland? Have you submitted a complaint and are waiting for a response? Some of you have ascended and have called out 343 Industries for their flaws. The question is, do you really think they have the guts to say yes or no? Well, that's not really the question, but you should still think about it. What if they say yes? Are you prepared to realize that your demands might RUIN the game? You should be careful, for what you may wish for.

The goal of Halo 4 is to bring an amazing story as well as a new wave of amazing multiplayer. They, referring to Bungie OR 343i, were after Custom Gaming in Reach, and now the focus is competitive. Something that many game developers think over is what should we expand, what should we contract, those kind of questions where the victim is experimented with.

So you think that 343i will take your ideas into careful consideration? Well today, I'm here to help you along the way to consideration. First off, don't have HATE or PROFANITY. That is a negative to your success. Then, think about the BENEFITS from your demand. What will we conquer, how will this affect future games, why is it a good choice, but then, you must think of some CONSEQUENCES from your demands. Don't say, it will suck, because that is self explanatory that you don't want something. It is easier to add an element and keep old gameplay features than to delete an element that will change it forever. Then, as any valid argument, correct ALL spelling like an english man, and SUM IT UP with a CONCLUSION.

• Like 2

I've been playing Halo online before there was even an Xbox Live (Gamespy servers). This is the most fun I've had playing Halo online since those days and Halo 2 of course. The only real beef I have is how cheap the Boltshot is, but I can easily get over it. 343 is on the right track, don't cave in to all the whiners and ruin the game ( I'm looking at you, Gears of War).

Ok this is there first game. it will have mistakes, lets see how any of you are when you have to make a new game were a loved company left off. For there first game they did good. Halo 4 had its flaws so did hao CE 2 3 reach and all the others in between. 5 will have mistakes to but it will be better. Put some faith into the company.

I personally love most of the additions 343 has made to Halo 4. I can understand their shift to competitive game play. Most of my experience with multiplayer has been stellar. However my love of Halo is rooted in the custom games experience. It is the custom games experience that kept me coming back to Halo 3 for years, and years. It kept me playing Reach every day till Halo 4 came out. I love that Halo has always been any game you could imagine. Its a racing game, a platformer, even a board game. I loved racing so much I started a Halo racing league. We start our 4th season this month with no race game type. KOTH is ok for clowning around, but a legit, competitive race requires functional checkpoints. We will push on, and keep hoping that 343 has not forgotten such a huge portion of their fan base.

So in short. While I love the effort 343 has put into matchmaking, having it come at the expense of custom games is too high a price. It is the custom gaming experience that sets the Halo franchise apart from every other game on the market. Its what has kept myself and thousands of other players in love with the Halo brand for so many years. I think all we would ask for is the game types we fell in love with playing Reach. Race, Speed Pile, Hockey, etc...

Thanks for reading

I always try to think of how the game would look if my suggestions were implemented. I've advised people to do the same thing on this very forum.

Since I actually have a LOT of suggestions and I'm confident all of them would drastically improve the game, I tend to be pretty long-winded. I will restrain myself and post only one for now.

Reduce shield recharge delay to AT MOST 4 seconds.

This allows players to begin fights at full strength more often, making the result of the fights more dependent on the actions and decisions of the players involved. As it is you spend a massive 6 seconds without shields, which means you have to hide a lot or you get killed more by people who didn't do any work to kill you. This is one of the greatest factors contributing to the "get one kill then die" design 343 wanted, and it's one of the easiest to fix.

I wish there were data available about how much time the average player spends in an average game with or without shields. I bet the percentage of match time that players spend without shields is shockingly close to the amount of time they spend with shields.

The amount of effort it would take to fix this and the amount it would improve the game is probably greater than anything else they could do as far as the ratio of effort to improvement. All they have to do is make the default recharge delay shorter in all gametypes and Halo 4 will become not only a much better game, but a much better Halo game.

I have other ideas, but if I got NOTHING else I want, this would be the one thing I think is most important.