THINGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED FOR HALO 4!!

lSilverHawk

Hi, alot of Halo fans have been complaining about Halo 4. 343 have made some mistakes and have caused major issues in this game. I'm a major fan of Halo. But for the first time. I actually thought Halo 4 was screwed. The're are so many annoying things about this game. I actually rage so hard over this like no other Halo game. All my friends have quit playing. It's going borderline and Halo 4 or the next Halo needs to be better, because I believe if it keeps heading in this track it will go down hill. So I've decided to address this issue and I hope somebody listens to this and takes it seriously. Especially 343.

Here is a list of some problems in this game.

Bolshot is OP (Why get a shotgun or a scattershot in your ordinance when you spawn with a bolshot)

Assault Rifle is OP (or atleast abit more powerful then any other Halo game)

Spawning with plasma nades.

Joining mid games

Weapons despawn to quickly.

Spawning with camo (noob combo = camo and bolshot)

No good connection and good connection search

No file share

Bad playlists

No veto

No 1-50 rank system

Auto pick up flag and can't drop it.

No custom maps online

Mantis is OP (Prefer a falcon instead)

Wepaon spawns are reandom (You can't learn weapons spawns)

Instant respawn

Kill cams need fixing (glitchy)

Spartan ops should be able to play offline

Armor abilities NEED BALANCING.

Now by reading this, you might think I'm just some player that's just winging about these problems. But these are actual problems. If you play this game and you're serious and like to 5 shot with the dmr and br, you will find that people spawning with plasma nades that spam them at you or run at you with assault rifles is annoying.

Here is a video link to why the bolshot is annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0cG0jGuTQ0

The bolshot is very stupid. It's only because you can spawn with it. I consider it as a power weapon. If you couldn't spawn with it, then It'd be abit more balanced. But since everyone has one all people do is camp around corners with camo and bolshot you. It's stupid. If you want to practice strafing and etc... It doesn't work against bolshots and assault rifles. It's very frustrating. This makes the game not enjoyable but annoying.

Please take this seriously. It's a serious problem.

If you agree or have anything else you would like to add, post it below.

Once again, please take this seriously.

Thanks.

Here is a link to the same post that I posted on Halo waypoint. It's become a big post and alot of people agree with the post and have some opnions. Please consider reading everything and what the community is saying. We want you to LISTEN. We've posted this to an MLG Pro Ninja's live stream and on the stream he stated that he agreed with the post on waypoint (same post as this one) SO PLEASE LISTEN 343

https://forums.halow....osts&m=2143578

Bolshot is OP -- EVERYONE knows this

Assault Rifle is OP -- At close range it should win, sucks beyond that

Spawning with plasma nades -- ? WTF is this problem

Joining mid games -- Just need to set the priority to NOT started games first, as it seems it's random

Weapons despawn to quickly -- This needs to be the case, at least in Slayer, the game would be filled with ordnance drops

Spawning with camo (noob combo = camo and bolshot) -- The radar still shows you where he is, don't see a problem here

No good connection and good connection search -- Agreed

No file share -- Doesn't effect me and most, we just don't care

Bad playlists -- This should be fixed soon, but agree with current one being bad

No veto -- Once you pick, you pick, you already get 3 freaking options!

No 1-50 rank system -- I don't see this ever coming back, well at least an in game value, which is a shame

Auto pick up flag and can't drop it -- This does change a large dynamic of the game, but at least they give you an over powered pistol. My problem with this is the damn FIRING jam on the 2nd shot after you pick up the flag. If you fire once and reload this never happens, if you pick it up and fire, the 2nd shot is really like the 4th.

No custom maps online -- This is a pain to find players maps, but customs will never be searchable it would destroy MM.

Mantis is OP - When shields are broke the front hatch should break off so you can get headshots or at least body shots on the driver. IT TAKES FOREVER TO KILL!

Wepaon spawns are reandom -- Randomly timed, but you know what's going to land on each map by now, that is pretty set.

Instant respawn -- At least 3 seconds in TS but should be 5 in all gameytpes

Kill cams need fixing (glitchy) -- This is the crappy framerate, still runs at 30, so what you see isn't what the host sees.

Spartan ops should be able to play offline -- I personally don't care

Things I think you missed:

Radar, MLG is fixing it with droping it all together but this removes the OP Boltshots. Players need to KNOW when to charge it, and if radar doesn't show them this, the gun becomes a skill based weapon.

Other Radar changes that would assist would be to drastically reduce the range to like 10 body lengths, seeing a guy across some maps or even halfway across a map promotes way to much camping. Force, people to win battles not because they have a pre-nade on someone, make them out shot the person.

Mentioned nothing about the Incineration Cannon, WTF is that even doing on maps that don't have vehicles, let alone why was this even added into Halo?

No on map weapons or ammo dumps/pick-ups? Running out of ammo is the norm on all decently sized maps. A good game on Complex has players running around with magnums as the battles generally take place from long range and after 4 battles you're out of ammo if none were close range.

Change Bumper Jumper back to the way it was before launch, the X was grenade and L-Trigger was armor ability!

HALO 4 NEEDS MORE VARIETY WITHOUT DILUTION

Unnecessary repetition causes boredom and disinterest. IMO, I believe this issue is hurting Halo 4 the most, therefore some careful changes to the playlists should occur in order to address the problem without creating another... such as a significant dilution of the player population amongst the playlists by creating too many.

Take a look at how Halo 4's population numbers have dwindled incredibly fast as a form of evidence in regards to the effect of disinterest that I'm referring to as the cause.

http://www.halochart...kpopulation/all

THE PLAYLISTS:

https://forums.halow...spx#post2127896

THE MAPS:

Another area that desperately needs additional variety is in the amount and diversity of maps. Don't be afraid to use the Forge yourselves 343i! Forge existing maps. Create something new and re-name it. Plus, start including the custom game or forge only maps as well as different versions of them too.

THE FORGE & CUSTOM GAMES:

https://forums.halow...table--343.aspx

Other notable issues that need attention...

THE MATCHMAKING:

• Continue improving the game's stability.
  • Ensure that lobbies don't start games without even teams.

THE DMR:

I understand and appreciate both the ideas of slightly lowering the DMR's RoF and/or reducing its effective range, but I still think the best solution for the game is to actually buff the DMR a bit and make it into a Power weapon instead. I think it should be made into a regular 4 shot kill weapon (3 to break shields + headshot) while slightly lessening its current rate of fire. It's range should be maintained, but I do think that most of the weapons in Halo 4 are in severe need of a bullet magnetism reduction and that includes the DMR as a Power weapon.

IMO, these changes would make the DMR an official mini-sniper option. And as an obvious upgrade over all of the starting precision weapons, it'll act in a similar fashion to how the SAW is an upgrade over the starting automatic weapons. This change would also mean that there would now only be one primary precision weapon option per the 3 different weapon factions (Human=BR, Covenant=CC, and Forerunner=LR), similar to the offering of fully automatic primaries, the secondaries, and the grenades.

Now, contingent on the DMR becoming a power weapon a few tweaks should also be made to the Light Rifle, which easily fills the void as the dominate medium-long range weapon in the absence of the DMR. I propose that the solution given to the LR be that it receives a reduction in its zoomed-in range to match closer to the ranges of the Battle Rifle and Covenant Carbine. This causes all of the precision loadout weapons to compete in the same effective ranges with their own set of niches and drawbacks.

The powerful strength of the LR (4-shot kill w/ zoom) has to come with a big risk/reward trade-off which is that a user is forced to deal with the flinch effect and when used in the un-zoomed state the user is faced with using the least effective precision starting weapon. I believe those two drawbacks do manage to provide a fair trade-off in order to justify it's major strength.

BR = A sort of jack-of-all-trades option for the precision weapon. It doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, but no significant strength either.

LR = The fastest TTK when able to land hits while zoomed in, slowest TTK when firing unzoomed. Hardly more accurate at distance then the other precision loadout weapons.

CC = The fastest TTK in the unzoomed state, but its TTK is also contingent on the player's trigger finger ability which has to take advantage of it's fire rate. This can make it a more handy weapon then the BR for certain circumstances, but the weapon's big downsides are that it uses much more of its ammunition to earn the player kills, in fact a good portion of its ammunition from a magazine clip has to get used thus requiring a lot more reloads which of course leaves the player vulnerable more often.

I recommend this solution over the idea of just reducing the DMR's fire rate because I think it will help Halo 4 become less of a campy stalemate, especially on the bigger maps. It'll force players to press their opponents and be more mobile. Allowing for more map movement and position jockeying verses leaving players capable of sitting back and accurately landing deadly fire from afar which causes games to get bogged down and campy. I can think of two maps in particular which would see significant improvement in the gameplay on them because of this change... Ragnarok and Complex. Basically, let the true long range weapons be power weapons, but this also means that 343i would need to take precautions to prevent to many long range power weapons from appearing in a game at the same time, because it'll be that much harder to counter people who have them.

THE BOLT SHOT:

Secondary weapons play specific roles. The Magnum is essentially a poor man's precision weapon and in comparison, it has a limited magazine, a shorter effective range, plus a quicker and much bigger bloom effect, but it does have a fast RoF. The PP is kind of a specialty weapon in that its major niche is its overcharged EMP effect. The Bolt Shot's major niche is its 1SK capability at close range. In relation to the CQC power weapons its suppose to have noticeable drawbacks, but I don't believe those drawbacks are significant enough, therefore the focus to fix the weapon should be on providing ideal drawbacks to its key purpose.

First, remove the semi-firing capability of the Bolt Shot, so that it's only a charged shot weapon and modify it so that it operates similarly to the human Railgun. The firing mechanism should become fully automatic once triggered, meaning that pulling the trigger will enact the weapon's charging and it will continue to charge until firing off a fully charged shot. This prevents players from being able to fire the weapon at their leisure and makes timing crucial. Going hand-in-hand with this change should also be slight increases to the weapon's charge time and cool-down period. The cool-down aspect should be mandatory, similar to the Incendiary Cannon, so if you swap from the Bolt Shot after firing it it'll still need to perform its cool-down animation when swapped back for reloading. Any final mods should involve carefully tweaking the range and swap speed.

THE SPARTAN LASER:

Bring back its lethality. Make it closer to the Halo: Reach and Halo 3 Spartan Laser.

disclamir this is my option lol

Bolshot is OP (Why get a shotgun or a scattershot in your ordinance when you spawn with a bolshot) yes this boltshot needs a range nerf and when u fire a charged shot a reload but a buff in fire without charge a bit aybe

Assault Rifle is OP (or atleast abit more powerful then any other Halo game) the ar is the most blaced ar yet all other ars in other halos where underpowerd

Spawning with plasma nades. nothin wrong with that frags a good option 2

Joining mid games we need this its annoying but live with it becase whn u join your making someones game

Weapons despawn to quickly. becase the lighting system cannot cope with it for to long i hear

Spawning with camo (noob combo = camo and bolshot) camo is blanced it easy if u try to see a camo user

No good connection and good connection search im not to sure now

No file share it bhing fixed

Bad playlists no such thing

No vetovoting is alot better voting is the evoltion of veto

No 1-50 rank system its coming soon

Auto pick up flag and can't drop it. its a good thing u have to thing befor mindless ley picking up the flag flagum

No custom maps online fixed

Mantis is OP (Prefer a falcon instead) yes we need to flacon back but the mantis is not op in thetrailer i thought it was but now i see its not

Wepaon spawns are reandom (You can't learn weapons spawns) yes u can try it

Instant respawn its another good thing in slayer sppeds up gameplay

Kill cams need fixing (glitchy) i know it nned a fix but what u gonna do

Spartan ops should be able to play offline i think that as well but 343 has reasons

Armor abilities NEED BALANCING. untro

You sound like a terrible player who just gets killed by other noobs.

Most of the stuff is actually ok unless you're either retarded or a noob (I'll let you decide!).

Yes things like the spawning are a bit screwed up but you give the impression of a 9 year-old who rages and cries at everything...

Also this isn't an offical 343 Industries forum so your voice isn't going to be heard by them!

Well I pretty much agree with the vast majority of your opinions except for a few.

No veto

Why would you need veto when you already get to vote on the map you want to play on?

Also that video to me is proof that the Boltshot is not that OP.

You sound like a terrible player who just gets killed by other noobs.

Most of the stuff is actually ok unless you're either retarded or a noob (I'll let you decide!).

Yes things like the spawning are a bit screwed up but you give the impression of a 9 year-old who rages and cries at everything...

Also this isn't an offical 343 Industries forum so your voice isn't going to be heard by them!

....Nuff said. Your pathetic...

Do you guys know that the OP came here and posted his thread in a calm and reasonable manner, and then provided logic for his opinions?

I'm just going to quickly state that many of these issues are known and are being addressed soon.

Also, the reason that the AR is more powerful in this game is because no one ever used it in any other game because it sucked so much. It's finally a viable weapon now.

Most of the new mechanics are fine. The killcams are a bit slack, but oh well.

BTW, try to hold the Boltshot charge-shot for longer than three seconds. It DOES fire itself after about three seconds. You can't hold it all day. Where do you get that idea? Sure you can cancel the charge, but after it charges fully, it will fire unless you switch weapons. Exactly like the Railgun...

Wait, the assault rifle OP? The Blostshot I can understand but the AR?! I'm still waiting for them to bring back the 60 bullets mag AR from Halo:CE. And I know they reduced it for balancing issiues but wouldnt it be sweet to have that bullet hoze in your hands in multiplayer?