Halo 5: Return of the Brutes?

Claptrap Killa

41 members have voted

1. 1. Brutes return

• YAH!
    • NAH!

I have an idea for Halo 5. Adding Brutes back in to Campaign and as a possible Multiplayer species, like the Elites in Halo 2, 3, and Reach. In the Campaign, it would be more like in Halo 2 and Reach, as in, not replacing the Elites, but being a more "heavy" than a leader class. Plus, adding back in the Brute Shot and Spike Grenades. Thoughts?

• Like 1

The brutes are nearly extinct during the period of halo 4. There is a civil war on Sanghelios where the brutes are basically being enslaved and killed. The only possible chance that the brutes will return is if the brutes ally with the arbiter's forces. This would also mean that the arbiter must be involved in the campaign as well as create an impact on the civil war on sanghelios. Yes, I would love the brute shot to come back but I still want to keep the concussion rifle. I want the mauler to be a brute side-arm that can be on par with the boltshot.(The mauler would have a faster rate of fire but a strength equivalent to about 1/3 of a boltshot. The spike grenades would be a welcome part of the halo 5 sandbox! I want a return of the chopper and the prowler. I want the brutes to be on the side of the arbiter and the infinity. As far as changing species would go kind of denies 343's input on the "spartan training". Additionally, if you could interchange species from elite to brute in war games people would complain about copying a Gears of War style in the Gears 3 multiplayer. There would also be a significant drop in speed when playing as the brute; something that doesn't appeal to me.

brutes are elites but with armor basicly damge sponges

elites use tatics to kill and can overwell players with just 1

brutes us brute force to kill oppents

i would like brutes to return but now that i say that no to sore so im going to say maybe and vote nothing

• Like 1

I agree with Delpen9 Maybe as allys with the Covie Separatists but not as Enemys, all though not all brutes are extinct just the ones in battle.

because Doisac is there home world maybe they find out about the storm covenant and join. But either way the brute shot would be awesome to put back as the concussion rifle sucks. But no vehicles exept for choppers. :nuke:

• Like 1

The only reason I would want them to return is to have their weapons and vehicles back. As far as facing them in the campaign and or Spartan Ops if it continues; they were stupid bullet sponges plain and simple. They never used any type of strategy, just rushing in and getting them selves and friendlies killed because of stupid grenade placement and friendly fire.

• Like 2

The Brutes are pretty much dead. The Survivors will probably never join the elites out of pure hatred. But, even if they were in Halo 5, they'll probably never be a multiplayer choice as they are too physically strong, and if you lowered their shields they would have an unfair weakness to headshots.

I can't believe people don't want Brutes back! It was so fun when they charged at you, you did a jump-step, and then stuck them in the face. I can definitely see Thruster Pack (if it returns) being a popular counter to their Gravity Hammer charge. Side note: I think the Gravity Hammer in the weapons cache on Midnight in Halo 4 is a hint that Brutes will be in Halo 5. Why would the Didact have a Brute weapon unless he was interested in them and thought they could help him reclaim his mantle?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I can't believe people don't want Brutes back! It was so fun when they charged at you, you did a jump-step, and then stuck them in the face. I can definitely see Thruster Pack (if it returns) being a popular counter to their Gravity Hammer charge. Side note: I think the Gravity Hammer in the weapons cache on Midnight in Halo 4 is a hint that Brutes will be in Halo 5. Why would the Didact have a Brute weapon unless he was interested in them and thought they could help him reclaim his mantle?

Because bringing back Brutes would ruin the story.

1.The Covenant lost the war in Halo 3, and the Elites (that are on the side of the Humans wich are the majority by far) are mopping up the remaining brutes.

2. Even if there were enough brutes left to fight, they would never ally with Jul Madama, Jul Madama is an Elite and ALL Elites hate brutes.

3. If we have to fight brutes again like in Halo 3, then that would defeat the purpose of Halo 3, Halo 3 was about finishing the fight, ending the war. Bringing back the Covenant in Halo 4 messed up the story, although technically they arn't actually Covenant. They arn't even an army. They are rogue pirates of traitorous Elites who hired grunts, jackals, and hunters. And they will not hire brutes, as Elites hate brutes.

Also, the Brutes, through war with Sangheili and hem devolving back to their clans eventually nearly wiped themselves out, after the war. The few that remained were in hiding or slaves under Sangheili rule. The hammer was only in 4 at all because 343 had to reimplement grifball. As much as I like the Jiraelhanae, I can not see any logical reason to return them; they are nearly extinct.

• Like 1

No, no more brutes I hated having to fight brutes in Reach, and 3 (mostly 3 though because they had those rocket turret..things) it always took me a long time to kill them in H3...please 343 if you love the campaign losers (i.e. myself) you'll keep Brutes away from Halo 5. :cray: Please

An acceptable plot point would be that the Elites will do whatever the Didact says without question (I don't believe he died in Halo 4). That would include aligning them with the Brutes, as both species would zealously follow his command without any hesitation.

From a multiplayer standpoint, the Brute weapons are excellent at diversifying gameplay and are one of the driving causes to Halo 3's success. Also, as many people would like to have the option to play as Elites and Brutes and even Prometheans (whatever iterations of Prometheans may be present after Requiem's destruction), it must be understood that this variation can ruin competitive multiplayer unless executed correctly. The answer may lie in adding a new gametype altogether. The inclusion of Invasion in Halo Reach was innovative, but not done in the best way. If the mode was re-envisioned as something more like Gears of War's Overrun mode, that would allow for a less competitive playstyle (similar to the way Infection/Flood is handled) that would allow players to choose between several races of the Covenant and/or Prometheans. Imagine a team playing as suicide grunts, jackal snipers, elites, and even earning up to being things like Brute Chieftains or Promethean Lancers, all while the other team plays as Spartans trying to defend or attack an objective.... Glorious!!!

• Like 1

With a better less gung-ho AI, point taken about them not playin well with others. There apes, apes are smart, climb trees n ****. Watch a couple male baboons hunt, stratagy! They should have stealth stalker units that drop outta trees! As far as the fact that there almost extinct, "alot can happen in 4 years"

With a better less gung-** AI, point taken about them not playin well with others. There apes, apes are smart, climb trees n ****. Watch a couple male baboons hunt, stratagy! They should have stealth stalker units that drop outta trees! As far as the fact that there almost extinct, "alot can happen in 4 years"

Smiled when I read the Cortana quote, but you're right. They can still be around, and if they are, the Didact could certainly recruit them with ease. He obviously knows at least something of their current state, as evidenced by the Gravity Hammer in the Campaign. The only one in the whole campaign is on his ship.... I'd like to think it was more than just an excuse to have the Hammer for Grifball

On a side note, the Brutes' aggressive nature and "gung-**" attitude is what made them enjoyable to fight. The threatening banter, the "full-frontal-assault" mentality, and the berserk brutes desperately trying to kill you in any way they can... It brings back so many memories. Makes me wish the Covenant still spoke our language.

I've been thinking about the return of Brute weapons. It would be awesome, but I can't help but think that the Spiker may need an overhaul, similarly to how the Plasma Rifle was re-envisioned as the Storm Rifle. Imagine having a more rifle-looking automatic Brute weapon with a large bayonet sticking out under the barrel (think Retro Lancer from Gears of War). I could imagine it having a lot of damage, but also having reasonable spread, since the Brutes are not known for their accuracy. I also think that Brute weapons should do a bit more melee damage and, before anyone says that that's crazy, let me tell you that's what Bungie had done to an extent in Halo 3.

Dont get me wrong, i loved the gung-hoe. If they were just a little more sneaky. See 4, get ready for 4 and go in only to be surrounded by 8. Some of the brutes in odst, all invisible jump jettin around in the pitch black. Without VISR i woulda been fecal-mattering.

.w00t no censor

• Like 1

Ah yes, the black nights of navigating the enemy-occupied streets of New Mombasa. I remember them fondly. Even though I got burned to death by a few Stalker Brutes throwing Incendiary Grenades at me before I realized they were there, only to be shot in the head by a Mauler pistol... Good times. I would trade the Boltshot to have the Mauler back any day.

• Like 1

The brutes are nearly extinct during the period of halo 4. There is a civil war on Sanghelios where the brutes are basically being enslaved and killed. The only possible chance that the brutes will return is if the brutes ally with the arbiter's forces. This would also mean that the arbiter must be involved in the campaign as well as create an impact on the civil war on sanghelios. Yes, I would love the brute shot to come back but I still want to keep the concussion rifle. I want the mauler to be a brute side-arm that can be on par with the boltshot.(The mauler would have a faster rate of fire but a strength equivalent to about 1/3 of a boltshot. The spike grenades would be a welcome part of the halo 5 sandbox! I want a return of the chopper and the prowler. I want the brutes to be on the side of the arbiter and the infinity. As far as changing species would go kind of denies 343's input on the "spartan training". Additionally, if you could interchange species from elite to brute in war games people would complain about copying a Gears of War style in the Gears 3 multiplayer. There would also be a significant drop in speed when playing as the brute; something that doesn't appeal to me.

Or they side against the arbitor

The elites were more of a challenge in halo:reach. in halo 4 a simple breeze could kill them.

They were kill bots in reach!

Because bringing back Brutes would ruin the story.

1.The Covenant lost the war in Halo 3, and the Elites (that are on the side of the Humans wich are the majority by far) are mopping up the remaining brutes.

2. Even if there were enough brutes left to fight, they would never ally with Jul Madama, Jul Madama is an Elite and ALL Elites hate brutes.

3. If we have to fight brutes again like in Halo 3, then that would defeat the purpose of Halo 3, Halo 3 was about finishing the fight, ending the war. Bringing back the Covenant in Halo 4 messed up the story, although technically they arn't actually Covenant. They arn't even an army. They are rogue pirates of traitorous Elites who hired grunts, jackals, and hunters. And they will not hire brutes, as Elites hate brutes.

They also hate humans but both sides of the civil war are willing to get help from the humans

they are also in the intro