Gamertag: Fraw Lawk

Map: Prometheanball_Rock

Gametype: Prometheanball

Player count: 8 - 16

EDIT: I forgot to touch up some parts of the map with aligning the spawn areas and extra. I apologize for releasing before fixing it. But It's now up again as of 1/7/13 4:00pm (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).

Whats up everyone, this is Fraw Lawk with my second Halo 4 map but its a minigame and its called "Prometheanball"! This map is one out of many maps that I'll be making for this minigame. Its basically paintball but you'll use a suppressor for your weapon and a hardlight sheild for your armor ability. The map is symmetrical and holds up to 16 players because I just love big battles especially with the paintball idea. The damage modifier is at max, the damage resistance is at its lowest so if you get hit by a measly suppressor bullet, you'll die, and there one life so be careful! It's really fun to make an enemy player kill himself by shooting at your hardlight sheild, ricocheting back at him/her. My inspiration came from Darth Human with his Crash-up Derby minigame. The fact that one player survives, takes control of the arena and wins feels so satisfying that I'd come up with something similar except adding teamplay and making it paintball style. Have fun!

post-52225-0-04370600-1357535404_thumb.jpg

post-52225-0-39014600-1357580341_thumb.jpg

post-52225-0-85660600-1357709604_thumb.jpg

post-52225-0-05314800-1357709635_thumb.jpg

post-52225-0-43797000-1357709653_thumb.jpg

post-52225-0-83502100-1357709667_thumb.jpg

post-52225-0-96454100-1357709692_thumb.jpg

post-52225-0-82876000-1357709719_thumb.jpg

post-52225-0-85195000-1357709748_thumb.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to touch up some parts of the map with aligning the spawn areas and extra. I apologize for releasing before fixing it. But It's now up again as of 1/7/13 4:00pm (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).

• 2 weeks later...

Cen45 here. Some personal ideas:

-Don't make it 1 live that is just aggravating to sit through. Why dont you make a waiting room where you can view the map. Or a more complex idea have a second arena where all the dead people play. Any make it king of the hill and it goes until 1 person in arena 1 is alive and then it checks arena 2. You can do this with spawning in kill areas. Also with the first idea if you can make it look like an arena you could have the dead people be the fans.

-You could also change the game type. I know this is the idea you had in mind but in my mind the more complex the more replay value the game has. I would prefer a game with multiple classes all with slow traveling bullets so the theme is kept. This would keep the game from being to simple. Or you could place weapons or abilities on the map, or both. You could also add different game modes because the core concept of 1 hit kill and slow bullets is the real theme of paintball or promethean ball.

-Also adding to or making another course would be beneficial. Making a map with really fun gameplay is really hard and I have never really done it. But your map was too flat and spread out. I did only ever play it with 12 people max but it did not feel like smooth gameplay I would suggest something with more cover, complexity in its levels, not open empty space, defined routs instead of really wide ones, make all areas equally traveled not just emphasis a bridge and ignore other paths. Also asthetics are big especially if your game is as simple as this one is.

-You need a theme which will be difficult but you can get to it with better efficiency of piece use. I would suggest impact because of its pieces price, and dynamic lighting. Also find a theme that is widely known. Star Wars, LOTR, UNSC, Earth. This will enhance your aesthetics when people recognize your structures. Some themes do not fit right so you really have to know all the forge pieces and be able to come up match peices before you settle on a theme.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...