-A Message to the Community-

MCPO Mayh3m

I feel bad whenever I see members who don't get a hello from other members, so I give them a hello. Maybe because you don't know them but you should get to know them.

It's always good to greet newcomers. This site is to make friends. Am I right?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I joined in August of 12, posted a THFE submission and left a while. I wish I had stated before Halo 4 came out because it sounds like it was a much nicer place before 60 threads were posted every day saying DMR/Boltshot nerfs.

I agree overall though, i hate a topic where someone has a rant then doesn't even look at the replies/ help people give them!

And side note, has there always been this many spambots?

• 2 weeks later...

I will try harder to be open to new members.

i will be the one to stop exclusion

and i will be a better person.

not just today but everyday

-Jam's new creed for this site.

PS: you know what? before i joined i had no freinds or people to relate to because im in a rural area. but being on here has helped me see that i am not alone and im not odd. being here has opened my eyes to thing new; a second family. we are the same we all love the halo universe, and i honestly see us all as one person. for that i am eternaly grateful to everyone on this site.

thank you

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

that would be part of why I stepped away from the community for a while. It seemed like every time I logged in, I'd read the last three things posted in the Shoutbox and it was nothing but fighting and people being rude. I didn't want to be around that so I left, started working, and doing other things. I sincerely hope that everyone takes this to heart. We are the only ones who can be held responsible for the changes in the community. We are a dysfuncitonal functional family. Let's make this work. Let's make this be great. 

Maybe It's because I haven't been here long enough to witness the glory days, but I don't see anything wrong. I mainly posted on Bungie.net before I joined here and let me just say those forums sometimes make this forum look like Mr. Rogers neighborhood in comparison. But that's what I love so much about this forum. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

when it comes to  a topic like this there are 2 kinds of people the people who like to side with the majority of people because one they are smart enough to know everyone will be happy if everyone agrees and then there are people who think its a good idea to speak their mind and only think about defending themselves when it really does not matter as much as they think it does

• 3 weeks later...

I completely agree with you Mayhem and Elite Sniper. 

I have almost been here  for a year now, and i have noticed a dramatic change in the attitude of the community. It's fantastic that we are receiving new members every day, but we must remember that everyone has their own opinions and those are to be respected. It is highly unlikely that you can change that persons opinions. This community has thrived for a good 2 years now, and it will continue to whatever the outside world throws at it.      

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see how many people took this to heart. I know I'm a couple months late, but but late than never I guess.

I actually left because things started to feel stagnant and messy around here toward that time of H4 release.

A lot of fighting and really hurtful moments.  And as DoctorB77 said it started to feel like waypoint, that is just spot on.

Waypoint is a great site but it's just a place to post things and not get involved you are but a microscopic piece in a giant puzzle.

Here it was and should always be a place where you feel you can really fit in.

And It has become that once again for me. :)

:heart: Thanks Mayh3m

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I joined midway through 2012, stayed active for a little while and stopped coming here altogether. Around 1 year and a half later, I'm back. I left any communities I was with back then, just didn't want any part of it anymore, but I'm here to stay with this website only and hopefully to involve myself more into the community as time goes by. Also, at the moment I won't be joining any game nights (Whatever you call them), because my Xbox broke and I'm waiting for new gen, it's just been me and my laptop. I'll try and keep myself active in the forums, for now all I can do is comment but hope to do more in the future, maybe even play with some of you people, eventually. ^_^

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...