Xbox 720 to Allow Control From Mobile Devices rumor

Dog

Xbox 720 News

782e4066c0227262ce9d22c584e14c6d.jpg

Source-Examiner

The Xbox 720 could be featuring many things, but one in particular looks to be the ability for a person's SmartGlass tablet or mobile device to seize control of the next-generation system.

According to a report from VG24/7 on Thursday, the Xbox division of Microsoft seems to have added the home automation company, id8 R2 Studios.

Apparently Microsoft has acquired the small company and all of its patents regarding home-entertainment startup technology and electronic device control.

The company was supposedly in negotiations with Apple and Google before signing with Microsoft and it looks to provide additional digital services through TVs.

Some believe Microsoft will use the company and its tech to help bring additional services to the Xbox and its successor, with perhaps the ability of being able to control your home console with your tablet or mobile device.

R2 Studios is allegedly going to be bringing a group of its own employees to Microsoft, and this could be interesting to see how it impacts the Xbox 720.

No official word has been given from Microsoft as far as how they are looking to utilize the company's tech, but various inferences can be made from the acquisition.

Would you want to see control features for the Xbox 720 to include tablets and mobile devices?

I don't get the point of this, what's so good about being able to control your Xbox from your phone? Just use your controller.

Well, it would be pretty cool to get an actual qwerty keyboard that didn't make your controller feel heavy. lmao

But for actually playing games? I lawl at the thought.

The concept is cool, but M$ had better amp up their security if any mobile device that has the app can tap into the system. The idea for the controller is cool, but I'd like to see someone do a 360 noscope with one of those. I hope it never comes to that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

please someone tell me that we can use the 360 controller because if they wont do that then i will never buy the new xbox. besides, halo 5 wont be the same with that weird wii u controller. unless they give you the ability to play games on the controller and take it with you anywhere you want without being near the main console like the ps vita, then i would change my mind.

• 1 month later...