HUD customization

EliteSniper

I don't know if this has been posted before, I apologize if it does. So, what if you could customize your own helmet HUD for your Spartan? Like change the color, outlines or add your own design to make it look awesome. But if this isn't possible, every helmet should have a different HUD, but everything should look clear when wearing it. Ok, now there might be some problems, like the Gugnir helmet lol

But I'm sure it can be tweaked. What do you think on both ideas?

• Like 3

Can't be done. The widgets for the HUD are locked and are not able to be edited. The source for all HUD resides in the globals.globals tag which is locked in either the mainmenu or shared.map files. Editing or allowing the editing of this would em an that players would need to be able to create new encryption signatures to map files, and the map files would have to be the same all across the board.

Only solution would be giving each specific helmet it's own HUD attachment. Good idea though, I always have wanted to have my own personal hud over LIVE and not just locally modded.

It would be nice to change the color of it and the design from maybe a list of selections but as far as adding your own design into the game that would create a lot of problems like the previous two posters have said. It would be a nice addition to the game but, just being able to change the color or possibly design from a list that 343i has made for you to pick from and that is all.

I wouldnt mind having altered colors for the HUD as some times I loose track of things on it due to the maps colors. I honestly would prefer an active HUD which changes colors according to whatever I am looking at. So if I am looking at snow the HUD has parts in black to be an easy read, then if I go to looking at a gunmetal blue wall it changes to have a gold or brighter color so things show up easier.

I know it will never happen as movements are too fast to track but there it is.