msgeo9.jpg

Back in the good ol' days of Halo 3 (2007-2010), I used to be a Forge machine. I'd make tons of maps that were eye candy, and played amazingly. I'd get full lobbies of 16 people regularly. It was a blast. Did I mention I had over 10,000 custom games played? Well, now I have.

:)

In 2010, Bungie released Halo: Reach. Custom games weren't as spectacular to me as they were in Halo 3... I had played just over 100 custom games... Not nearly as much... :(

Then a new god was born Halo 4 came out... Oh Halo 4, how I love you so. With Bungie passing the torch on to 343 Industries, a new mindset was born. (Yes, I know some of 343i's employees were former employees of Bungie)... Dynamic ("(of a process or system) Characterized by constant change, activity, or progress") lighting was introduced, allowing players to create some spectacular maps with nice lighting.

We've taken advantage of this. >:]

Our goal was to make a map that would keep player's on edge at all times, while making a creepy environment.

With dynamic lighting (thank you 343i!), this was a simple task to accomplish. Though I had to work around the ($10,000) budget on "Impact", and not break the lighting (if you put down too many objects, the dynamic lighting literally shuts down and the whole map glows white...), my goal was accomplished and 'Slaughter Subway' was born!

We've torn through multiple versions of the map and have play-tested it with randoms online, and now feel happy with the finished product. So I thought I'd come to my favorite forum and see if anyone would like to try it out for themselves?

My GamerTag: Faulkzor

Friend's GamerTag: XavierTheLazier

Just shoot me a friend request and send me a message like "Slaughter Subway Request" so I'll remember why you added me, and I'll invite you next time I play the map.

It's currently 2:31 AM and I haven't slept yet... So that's all for now. I may add pictures of the map lat*zzzzzzzzzz*

• Like 1

I'll have to check this out sometime!

Sounds epic :D

Sounds good. :)

I guess I oughta check it out as well. You should submit this to The Halo Forge Epidemic if you want to try your luck.

I've have. :) I've also sent it to ducain23 & Halo4Follower. Hopefully at least 1 approves. :)

I wish I could see some pictures. But that name is so awesome. I could say it all day. Slaughter subway...slaughter subway :D

Well, I could snag some quick ones with my iPhone... Sad thing is, I have had a HD PVR for over a year now and haven't used it once. I'm so damn lazy. :(

how did u over come the "glow"???

The "glow" occurs when there is too much on your map and the lighting engine can not handle it. The objects that use up the most lighting are any object under the "Impact" category. Click

to learn about ways to avoid breaking the lighting. :) It's the video I used to learn about it.

thanks, oh for people thinking about checking out this map......

DO IT!!!!!!

it is awsome. its dark and perfect for game types w/o motion sensors, i promise u u will jump! lol

Thanks man. Glad you enjoyed it. :) My friend and I are trying to get as many maps out there as we can (before the File Browser is 100% functional and ges over whelmed with "Download to get instant SR130 rank!!1!1!1!" maps...), while putting fourth effort to make each map have a unique type of play style, and still make you jump. :) We're currently in the works of our second map and will hopefully be able to play test it as soon as possible. With exams coming up, that probably won't be for a while though...

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you will be just as impressed with our second map. :)