why you fight elites again in halo 4

Shadow Killer

thats kinda the answer,and kinda not.

That covenant fleet in halo 4 is controlled by a dictator, Arbiter is trying to kill him,but his ships are basicly destroyed. The elites go to the one with the better ships

Ok here you go:

The covenant you are fighting are called "The Storm" They have had no relations to the war between the humand and the covenant at all! They only have a few meetings with a prophet in a decade and the only thing they do is catch up with each other. While the war for earth rages on these "storm" covenant have been waiting outside of this forerunner planet waiting for it to open and defending it from other species. They worship forerunner technology and anything forerunner related. Thats why they teamed up with the didact so quickly. Hope this explains it a bit.

Ok here you go:

The covenant you are fighting are called "The Storm" They have had no relations to the war between the humand and the covenant at all! They only have a few meetings with a prophet in a decade and the only thing they do is catch up with each other. While the war for earth rages on these "storm" covenant have been waiting outside of this forerunner planet waiting for it to open and defending it from other species. They worship forerunner technology and anything forerunner related. Thats why they teamed up with the didact so quickly. Hope this explains it a bit.

I'm sorry but that isn't it;

after the war, the Sangheli knew the Forerunners werent gods. but not all of them liked humanity-

at the same time. ONI was starting a civil war on Sanghelios by selling the Servants of Abiding Truth (a zealot group) weapins captured such as plasma rifles, pistols, swords, cannons etc. Unaware of this, Lord Hood was establishing negottions with the Arbiter. But in a weapons dealing, One certain elite known as Jul M'dama was captured by Naomi- 010. He was then taken to the shield world of Onyxwhere he was interrogated and tested upon. He played dumb, following orders etc and was eventually allowed to walk on the planet inside an expplosive harness which would detonate if removed. With him was a ~Huragok. He pretended to be religous still, wandering forerunner temples and asking questions about the foreruners. Eventually, he decided to escape. He asked the Engineer to loosen the harness a little because it was uncomfortable. then at a forerunner portal, he threatened to detonate it if the engineer didnt activate the portal. The engineer, obssesed with caring for onyx reluctantly removed the harness and activated the portal. He, by chance managed to land on a Sangheili occupied planet. The clan there, who had lost conatct many years ago was surprised to find a shipmaster in their keep, this is when he told them the stroy of the war and their realisation. Later, he went out t get fresh air, joined by the Kaidon, he examined the portal he arrived through.His talks with the Huragok had paid off, as well as his portal exminations. Together, they realized they were coordinates to Requiem... And the didact. They immediatly began arming warships to the planet, where they waited, for three years trying to crack open the planet. When the Master chief and the forward unto dawn arrived. Then begins the story of Halo 4...

They were formed AFTER the Human-Covenant war.

This is from the books Glasslands and The Thursday War. The third book isnt out yet so that will ahve to be updated but i beileve that is the closest answer i have seen in this thread. hope this helps everyone. :D

Ok here you go:

ah I didn't read all the books yet

ah I didn't read all the books yet

It was not that. Did you read my post? And his saying he didn't know but was based off his friends false knowledge? (Sorry for sounding like a prick but it bugs me when I explain something and people don't listen)