A Soldiers Faith(A Halo based Story)

Harbinger

A Soldiers Faith

By: Harbinger

Introduction

The date is December 6th 2551 and there is a new enemy afoot that make the Innies look like wimps, The Covenant. Harvest was like something out of a nightmare. The first people really started getting scared was when Corbulo Acadamy was attacked very few survivors....these things the Covenant only seem to want to wipe us out and every human is up in arms. This story is about a 18 year old boy named Gunnrey Crumrine who is now boarding a UNSC recruitment vessel from New Mombasa

Chapter 1: The Ride

Gunnrey stepped aboard the vessel crowded looking at the other potentiel UNSC Soldiers. Thinking to himself, "Some of these people might not return home, maybe none...." He brushed off the thought with a little head shake and looked around. "Now where to sit...." Just then a guy maybe late early 20s gestered for Gunnrey to come sit by him. He had one blue eye and one green eye and stood around 6"10". He looked trust worthy so he sat down. Gunnrey:"Thanks man shuttles a bit crowded." Mystery man:"No prob." Gunnrey."I'm sorry wheres my manners Gunnrey Crumrine." *holds hand out for shake* Mystery man:*shakes hands*"Nice to meet you names Jake Bauer." Gunnrey: "Yea I didn't really read into this to well where exactly are we going?" Jake: "We're going to Corbulo Acadamy it just reopened and we're the new batch." Gunnrey: I heard about that place got completley destroyed by the Covenant few survivors." Jake:"Yea." Gunnrey: "Well I didn't get much sleep so if you don't mind I'm just going to rest abit wake me when we get there." Jake: "Alright."

P.S. Criticism is completely welcome it will only help me. :D

NOTICE: Note you can put one character in an if its good enough I may put him/her/it in my story. Follow these as a basis.

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Back story:

Weapon or weapons of choice:

When creating your character try not to give him a position in the story I will decide where he goes. But feel free to suggest what he could be thank you. :D

• Like 4

Lieutenant Stephen Bragg

Appearance: Rough Tough and ready for business. Scar running all the way down face through left eye. No left eye. Does not wear an eyepatch.

Personality: A total jerk. As the commander of Gunnrey's squad, he picks on anyone and everyone, and in a mean way.

Weapon of choice: Words.

Lieutenant Stephen Bragg

Appearance: Rough Tough and ready for business. Scar running all the way down face through left eye. No left eye. Does not wear an eyepatch.

Personality: A total jerk. As the commander of Gunnrey's squad, he picks on anyone and everyone, and in a mean way.

Weapon of choice: Words.

Hmmmm....seems nice but I'm not sure if I'll make him the commander of the Squad....I'll think on it.

Name: Samuel "Dexter" Lawsing (you can change up the name if you want)

Appearance: Skinny and nervous young man. He's shaky when he fights but he's strong-headed when working a terminal. Dexter simply doesnt have time for war, with all this technology at the palm of his hands.

Personality: Very intelligent but his cowardice severly hurts his character. He prefers staying away from head to head combat causing him to be more diplomatic than most people. Although his fighting ability is lacking, his quick intelligence is impossible to miss. He's the man you want handling the technical work while you're fighting off the enemy.

Back story: Dexter lives by, "let the past settle, so we may focus on the future." As a result, Dexter's past is only summed up in little clues brought about by his friends. As life continues, Dexter slowly unveils his past. He wants to forget his childhood, but he is haunted every night with nightmares of what used to be. Will Dexter reveal his past, before he reaches his final hour? I don't know! it's your story, you tell me.

Weapon or weapons of choice: The standard Assault Rifle or a terminal

P.S Nice story so far. I'm interested to see where this goes, especially if you're implementing player-made characters. My character, is that one super intelligent weakling that always happens to be in the warzone. Most soldiers feel as if it their moral duty to protect him. But, it's your story. You can always kill him off when you feel like it. Anyways, good luck on the next chapters.

Overall, +1 like for you. Keep it up! :awesome:

Name: Samuel "Dexter" Lawsing (you can change up the name if you want)

Appearance: Skinny and nervous young man. He's shaky when he fights but he's strong-headed when working a terminal. Dexter simply doesnt have time for war, with all this technology at the palm of his hands.

Personality: Very intelligent but his cowardice severly hurts his character. He prefers staying away from head to head combat causing him to be more diplomatic than most people. Although his fighting ability is lacking, his quick intelligence is impossible to miss. He's the man you want handling the technical work while you're fighting off the enemy.

Back story: Dexter lives by, "let the past settle, so we may focus on the future." As a result, Dexter's past is only summed up in little clues brought about by his friends. As life continues, Dexter slowly unveils his past. He wants to forget his childhood, but he is haunted every night with nightmares of what used to be. Will Dexter reveal his past, before he reaches his final hour? I don't know! it's your story, you tell me.

Weapon or weapons of choice: The standard Assault Rifle or a terminal

P.S Nice story so far. I'm interested to see where this goes, especially if you're implementing player-made characters. My character, is that one super intelligent weakling that always happens to be in the warzone. Most soldiers feel as if it their moral duty to protect him. But, it's your story. You can always kill him off when you feel like it. Anyways, good luck on the next chapters.

Overall, +1 like for you. Keep it up! :awesome:

I like this character very much. :D

• Like 1

Here's a good character idea

Name: Mike Jones

Appearance: Has short, black hair, and is shorter than most. More on the chubby side.

Personality: He is strong, and good at work. He has some combat skills, but mostly hates working. He isn't the smartest, but he's also not too stupid to come up with a plan. He's a good shot, but again hates the work. He was forced to go, he didn't go bye choice. He's also not the nicest guy, but he can be kind when needed. He was never that good with technology, and often confused many technological devices.

Back story: Mike was always a strong kid, and always lazy. He was born to a family with two sisters and an older brother. He was taught from a young age that its important to be strong, and that's what he focused on. He also was the disappointing child because of his laziness. He also, miraculously graduated high school. Shortly after the war he was drafted, he would not have joined up otherwise.

Weapons of choice: A standard issue Designated Marksmen Rifle, and Shotgun. Sometimes he uses a combat knife.

Here's a good character idea

Name: Mike Jones

Appearance: Has short, black hair, and is shorter than most. More on the chubby side.

Personality: He is strong, and good at work. He has some combat skills, but mostly hates working. He isn't the smartest, but he's also not too stupid to come up with a plan. He's a good shot, but again hates the work. He was forced to go, he didn't go bye choice. He's also not the nicest guy, but he can be kind when needed. He was never that good with technology, and often confused many technological devices.

Back story: Mike was always a strong kid, and always lazy. He was born to a family with two sisters and an older brother. He was taught from a young age that its important to be strong, and that's what he focused on. He also was the disappointing child because of his laziness. He also, miraculously graduated high school. Shortly after the war he was drafted, he would not have joined up otherwise.

Weapons of choice: A standard issue Designated Marksmen Rifle, and Shotgun. Sometimes he uses a combat knife.

Sounds like a chubby version of Grif. :troll: But in all seriousness good job. :yay:

• Like 2

Name: "Butch" no last name or nothing just butch

Appearance: 6,11

Personality: Calm/laid back

Back story: *under the highest security possibly no access just like a ghost* "bacon"

Weapon or weapons of choice: knives/sniper

Name: "Butch" no last name or nothing just butch

Appearance: 6,11

Personality: Calm/laid back

Back story: *under the highest security possibly no access just like a ghost* "bacon"

Weapon or weapons of choice: knives/sniper

Well I may have to tweek it a bit....but thanks I'll use him. :D