Boltshot vs Mauler

Admiral Ackbar

Yes you can Spawn with a Boltshot. But you were able to get the Mauler right away and get the first kill of the match with them. That is basically like spawning when the first kill of the match is with a Mauler.

Assuming it was actually on the map you were playing. Say the pit for example. You could go mauler. But there were two shotguns as well as many other options that would most likely kill you before you would kill them. My problem with the boltshot is too much power for ease of access. If you were on a map with no mauler well then you had no option to have it and if you were the mauler god you had a problem. When I first started Halo 4 and had a magnum that was just an awful experience. Now that I have had my time The boltshot is not that bad but it could use a range nerf.

To whomever said duel mailers was weaker than the shotgun.

Dual wield maulers did 110% dmg where the shotgun only did 100%

Dual wield maulers had a shorter kill range. If a shotgun and dual maulers met, the shotgun could fire first and win. Feel free to go back and check it if you find the time.

MLG maulers were a different story, but there was no shotgun in MLG other than a mauler so they would never meet.

• Like 1

Dual wield maulers had a shorter kill range. If a shotgun and dual maulers met, the shotgun could fire first and win. Feel free to go back and check it if you find the time.

MLG maulers were a different story, but there was no shotgun in MLG other than a mauler so they would never meet.

Ahh, I thought you said it had more damage my bad.

The mauler and boltshot are wildly different. Honestly this sounds like a troll thread.

First off. you couldn't spawn with a mauler. Secondly, to get a one hit kill you needed to get ANOTHER mauler. And lastly YOU COULDN'T SPAWN WITH A FRIGGIN MAULER.

The mauler was the superior weapon as it was actually balanced. And could be used with other dual weild combos for interesting effects.