Day Z To Console's ?

SykoWolf

Day Z To Consoles?

As many of you already know, Day Z is a HUGE phenomenon. One of, if not THE MOST realistic Zombie Survival MMO's to date.

Although Day Z started as just a Mod, by creator Dean Hall, it is growing to be its own PC game. And He expects it may get a port to Consoles as stated in this article....

dayz_game1.jpg

Hall recently told Joystiq.com that “a console port would be very likely” but only once the PC version is “done – and by done, I mean finished its creative process”.

In the interview, Hall also discusses the potential delay. Due to hit PCs this very month, DayZ is proving to be a tricky one to finish as Hall’s team continue to make small yet fundamental changes to the game. The good news for console owner is that Hall says DayZ is now a “simpler game”, meaning that “the technology is simpler, having cut unnecessary and unused components from ArmA2, like advance AI and other stuffing.”

Syko's Note: I think this would be an excellent idea, cause i love Day Z, probably the best Mod on the market at the moment, very fun too play and Very well made.

Day Z is a Mod of the PC Game Arma 2, and is basically a Zombie survival MMO Simulation. Requiring realistic healing processes and zombies are quite powerful. Plus you have to be just as wary of other players who may kill you to take your stuff, so that they survive longer.

I don't think it would work on consoles to be honest. I'll make a list:

- It's an MMO: Part of what makes DayZ so fun is that you are playing in this massive word with about 100 people, consoles just simply can't support that. The PS3 had one game whose name escapes me which supported that many people, but every other aspect of the game suffered because of it.

- It's a simulation: Simulations do not work on consoles! In DayZ you have to balance many things at once, food, water, blood, injuries, temperature, and fighting zombies. Since it's a multiplayer game you can't just stop the game every time you go into a menu so you have to try to make all of those quickly accessible to a controller, I don't believe that is possible.

- It requires a huge amount of devotion time wise: DayZ is a game about wandering around this huge map looking for resources to help you survive the zombie apocalypse, this often takes several hours to gather up enough recourses so that you don't have to worry as much as your impending death. Consoles are not designed to be something which you will play for hours on end regularly, and that is exactly what is required in DayZ.

I don't think it would work on consoles to be honest. I'll make a list:

- It's an MMO: Part of what makes DayZ so fun is that you are playing in this massive word with about 100 people, consoles just simply can't support that. The PS3 had one game whose name escapes me which supported that many people, but every other aspect of the game suffered because of it.

- It's a simulation: Simulations do not work on consoles! In DayZ you have to balance many things at once, food, water, blood, injuries, temperature, and fighting zombies. Since it's a multiplayer game you can't just stop the game every time you go into a menu so you have to try to make all of those quickly accessible to a controller, I don't believe that is possible.

- It requires a huge amount of devotion time wise: DayZ is a game about wandering around this huge map looking for resources to help you survive the zombie apocalypse, this often takes several hours to gather up enough recourses so that you don't have to worry as much as your impending death. Consoles are not designed to be something which you will play for hours on end regularly, and that is exactly what is required in DayZ.

Thats game would be called MAG I believe.

What if Day Z was on the new Xbox?