I wanted to drive the mammoth :(

Seeker of Truth

In the level Reclaimer, you work as a scout/gunner on the Mammoth. I can understand why they didn't allow you to drive it in the Campaign. But I was kind of hoping it would at least appear in a multiplayer map. There could have been two mammoths that served as mobile bases, like the elephants in Halo 3. Maybe the team who destroyed the other team's mammoth first would be the winner...who knows? Was anyone else kind of let down by the absence of the mammoth from multiplayer? Just throwing it out there.

• Like 1

In the level Reclaimer, you work as a scout/gunner on the Mammoth. I can understand why they didn't allow you to drive it in the Campaign. But I was kind of hoping it would at least appear in a multiplayer map. There could have been two mammoths that served as mobile bases, like the elephants in Halo 3. Maybe the team who destroyed the other team's mammoth first would be the winner...who knows? Was anyone else kind of let down by the absence of the mammoth from multiplayer? Just throwing it out there.

Very sad at the lack of any Elephants/Mammoths on multiplayer. CTF on sandtrap was the best BTB gametype. I loved the dynamic bases, so unique and not replicated since. Come on 343, cant be much to ask for a new map with moveable bases?

Well I previously would have said that they would never let us drive a Pelican but they let us do that. So the way I see it there is always the off chance that if it's around long enough or desired enough they would include it in the game. However, I think that do to the bulkiness of the Mammoth it may be very unwieldy in terms of control. Perhaps they might add the Elephant (Mammoths smaller cousin) instead? The Elephant can almost compete as a competitive multiplayer vehicle (Hell, it'd take more skill and teamwork than any currently in MM). I doubt the Mammoth could.

I don't think that anybody could watch this vehicle and say that it would not be an epic idea for a multiplayer gametype. Why they didn't try to pursue the more interesting things that could be done with Elephants after their relative popularity and uniqueness in Halo 3 is beyond me.

• Like 2

When I heard about the Mammoth I thought it was just going to be an upgraded elephant (which in Halo 3 I had so much fun with gametypes where one team would hold off inside the elephant and the other team would attack or another where both teams are in elephants and they would collide and fight it out by hopping on the other elephant.) I was so happy.....then I turned the corner :shok: SOOOO big so I knew then it wasn't going to be in multplayer.....but I was very disappointed.

It is good that we cannot drive it because there are parts of the mission where you got to enter into big shield and destroy it by inside.If you were driving the Elephant, you could splat all enemies in the shield without being hurt a single time.Also, you could destroy wraiths and gosts so easily( only by splatting them lol).

But I agree that it would be nice in matchmaking :)

It would be cool in a multiplayer map, but i think it would be too big to place in a map. The biggest map wouldn't be able to hold it. Maybe they could make a map INSIDE the mammoth. A close quarters map.

True, although they could always make a bigger map :P

I mean, look at the size of the largest multiplayer maps in Halo 2 compared to the size of the largest multiplayer maps in Halo: Reach and Halo 4.

Halo Reach's Forge World is probably 2-3 times bigger than Blood Gulch or Headlong.

True, although they could always make a bigger map :P

I mean, look at the size of the largest multiplayer maps in Halo 2 compared to the size of the largest multiplayer maps in Halo: Reach and Halo 4.

Halo Reach's Forge World is probably 2-3 times bigger than Blood Gulch or Headlong.

True. It would be pretty epic. Mammoth fights...

I agree with Admiral Ackbar, it's way to big for even the biggest map on Halo 4. 343i should add one huge map and the mammoth in the map. That would be awesome!

It is good that we cannot drive it because there are parts of the mission where you got to enter into big shield and destroy it by inside.If you were driving the Elephant, you could splat all enemies in the shield without being hurt a single time.Also, you could destroy wraiths and gosts so easily( only by splatting them lol).

But I agree that it would be nice in matchmaking :)

I guess they could modify it a bit, make it a bit easier to steal.

The last time I played Halo 3, it was capture the flag. I forgot the name of the map, but it was the one that had the flags on the elephants. I snuck around the combat to the other team's elephant, and instead of taking the flag, I grabbed the elephant. I then drove the elephant all the way across the map, still avoiding the red zones, to our elephant. Once I got close enough, we simply captured the flag until it was game over. It was hilarious the amount of crap-talk was heard in the post game lobby. xD This can be verified by certain forum members, but it was a while ago and I don't remember who those members were exactly. I think Archangel Tyrael was one of them.

Anyways, the point of it is that the elephant isn't that difficult to steal, but once I grabbed it no one touched me. Some tried, but I had one teammate with me, and they got slaughtered by the turret. If they had any sort of teamwork though (the other guys on the team must have muted the ones with mics, because one of them was screaming about the elephant getting stolen xD) they would have easily overtaken us and got their elephant back. So it's easy to steal, but easy to steal back as well. It's not much of a stretch to assume the Mammoth would be the same way.

I wanted to drive the Mammoth too. :/

The last time I played Halo 3, it was capture the flag. I forgot the name of the map, but it was the one that had the flags on the elephants. I snuck around the combat to the other team's elephant, and instead of taking the flag, I grabbed the elephant. I then drove the elephant all the way across the map, still avoiding the red zones, to our elephant. Once I got close enough, we simply captured the flag until it was game over. It was hilarious the amount of crap-talk was heard in the post game lobby. xD This can be verified by certain forum members, but it was a while ago and I don't remember who those members were exactly. I think Archangel Tyrael was one of them.

Anyways, the point of it is that the elephant isn't that difficult to steal, but once I grabbed it no one touched me. Some tried, but I had one teammate with me, and they got slaughtered by the turret. If they had any sort of teamwork though (the other guys on the team must have muted the ones with mics, because one of them was screaming about the elephant getting stolen xD) they would have easily overtaken us and got their elephant back. So it's easy to steal, but easy to steal back as well. It's not much of a stretch to assume the Mammoth would be the same way.

I wanted to drive the Mammoth too. :/

The map was Sandtrap. That's usually how it went. The elephants drove at each other. And the games usually ended really fast lol

I don't think it would be that hard to steal the Mammoth. It would be harder in my opinion to keep it once you had it.

Well the Mammoth is big enough to hold several players, so I'd expect at least a few players if not the entire team to be on the Mammoth at the same time. Then again, your teammates might just wait for you to die and then take the controls themselves.

Well the Mammoth is big enough to hold several players, so I'd expect at least a few players if not the entire team to be on the Mammoth at the same time. Then again, your teammates might just wait for you to die and then take the controls themselves.

You'd have the same problems you encountered with the Elephant in Halo 3. When a team worked together you could do some damage with the elephant. When a team didn't work together it usually got stolen and didn't do any damage whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...