Hey guys,

Though i may be new to the 343i forums, i've got some great ideas to share for Halo 5. What if you were able to have your own customized assassinations in matchmaking? How amazing would that be?

The creater tool would kinda be like a WWE game (don't judge me for playing them) where you could create your own unique customizable "finishing move." You're given a huge list of Starting Moves, Secondary Moves, and Finishing Moves, like a three-tier system. You would be able to choose a starting type of move where you grab the enemy SPARTAN, a secondary type where you say, drop him to the floor, raise him over your head, tackle or body slam him, and a finishing blow of a stab, a crack of the spine/neck or the blow of a bullet. All selections would be compatible with each other and there would be a set amount of time that you're assassination would have to take in order for the multiplayer aspect of it be balanced.

Now when you get assassinated, you can gasp at each unique creation that each person makes. It would add that much more into the Halo Sandbox and be a fantastic touch to the franchise.

I've thought of a real cool one where the SPARTAN grabs the other one by the neck, choke-slams him and makes a finishing jab of the knife to kill his opponent. :D

-Nerdboy132

• Like 2

I have some idea's i'd like to have for assassinations, but I think it'd be better to unlock and choose different assassinations. a creator would be overly complicated. and nothing would stop people from making a half second one so they kill you before your team can react.

About the very short assassination issue, there would be a set amount of time that you MUST fill inorder for the assassination to be qualified as one. That would eliminate that issue.

343 really needs more innovation, and I think this would a very cool new aspect.

• 5 weeks later...

I am not a fan of WWE to begin with. Not judging you, just dont like it period.

That being said, I see a lot of programing required for this and a lot of it is just fluff when they could be adding in better and more important things. Customizing your assassinations might seem like a cool idea but have you taken into consideration all the factors that play into each animation?

The rate a player moves changes the animation. The way the player being assassinated is moving also affects the animation. If your jumping and the other player is standing there is another different animation. Both being in the air is another different one.

There are too many factors already that lead to different animations. I am content with what we already have.

Hey guys,

Though i may be new to the 343i forums, i've got some great ideas to share for Halo 5. What if you were able to have your own customized assassinations in matchmaking? How amazing would that be?

The creater tool would kinda be like a WWE game (don't judge me for playing them) where you could create your own unique customizable "finishing move." You're given a huge list of Starting Moves, Secondary Moves, and Finishing Moves, like a three-tier system. You would be able to choose a starting type of move where you grab the enemy SPARTAN, a secondary type where you say, drop him to the floor, raise him over your head, tackle or body slam him, and a finishing blow of a stab, a crack of the spine/neck or the blow of a bullet. All selections would be compatible with each other and there would be a set amount of time that you're assassination would have to take in order for the multiplayer aspect of it be balanced.

Now when you get assassinated, you can gasp at each unique creation that each person makes. It would add that much more into the Halo Sandbox and be a fantastic touch to the franchise.

I've thought of a real cool one where the SPARTAN grabs the other one by the neck, choke-slams him and makes a finishing jab of the knife to kill his opponent. :D

-Nerdboy132

It would be cool but I've never felt the need to change my assassinations. i think 343i time and money would be better spent else where

It would be cool but I've never felt the need to change my assassinations. i think 343i time and money would be better spent else where

Would take them very long to create some new animations for different assassinations. would take them maybe a day of hard work. Maybe in Halo 5 we'll see some new ones.