Windows 8... :(

Arctic Vortex

I got a laptop that came with windows 8..it looks different i don't really like it with all the apps in the screen so i made it look like w7 and a start button. I updated to 8.1 for free because it's more a big update for windows 8 it doesn't really look different it just fixes a lot of bugs.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: I am now using Windows 8.1 as we speak. It is faster, smoother, more secure and way more fun to use than windows 7. It took a while to get used to, and it is completely not what I expected, but it is awesome! And I love it. Microsoft made me eat my words on this one. Kudos to them. My only complaint is I want the start menu back, not just the start button. I also want Aero Glass back. And there is a few bugs that make it lock up/ freeze during certain instances. The mouse is still responsive, but no programs or apps work. And I cant restart or shutdown. I have to manually press the physical power button on my PC to get it to turn off.

But other than that its great. And its only gonna get better!

Windows 8 kinda stinks. Microsoft is following it's old pattern of good OS, bad OS. Windows 7 good. 8 baaaad.

Windows 1 Amazing innovation

Windows 2 Amazing innovation

Windows 3-3.3 Fairly impressive innovation

Windows 95 GLORIOUS INNOVATION

Windows 98 Good. Not the best, but good.

Windows ME Baaaaaaad.

Windows XP The most stable, the most impressive, the most useful and the beautiful. Finally an evolution in operating systems before all of the "next-gen" rabble.

Windows Vista/Longhorn BAAAAAAAAD.

Windows 7 Fairly impressive innovation

Windows 8 Bad. The result of a lack of passion and money-whoring.

Any pattern you see doesn't exist.

You mean "downgrade". Windows 8 is horrible.

Its bad, but its not that bad. It is meant to be used for touchscreen monitors, and tablets. But I agree, just like Vista, until it gets lots of solid patches, and gets properly integrated into devices, it isn't worth the upgrade.

Because even working properly, it doesn't bring enough to the table to be something great. Its just a minor upgrade. Plus its missing, the Start menu, and Aero Glass. Something Windows 7 had, which I loved...

No offense The Joker but XP sucks in comparison to windows 7. Although XP will do the trick if need be.

Some people will disagree with your statement. Many think that XP is actually better. I understand this is your own personal opinion but try make it clear to avoid arguments or word it differently. I personally agree that Windows 7 is better than XP.

• 2 months later...

That is for particular "apps" you open generally like the ones on the start screen. Ex. If you open up an mp3 or other type of song, on most machines it will have a stupid audio player open up who's icon vaguely resembles that of headphones. If you click in that corner you can switch between your desktop and the stupid audio player. Hope we are on the same page.

The only problem I have with Windows 8 is the UI. Metro does NOT belong in computers. It just feel weird. It's way better on windows phones and tablets. Heck, even on the Xbox it looks good. I also hate how they removed the start button orb

Other than those, it's actually pretty good. Especially in terms of performance.