Windows 8... :(

Arctic Vortex

To be fair, Windows 8 is just as stable as Windows 7. Granted yes, the 8 UI is better suited to tablets, but Pro allows you to rollback to the older UI. Also you can find various tutorials for adding a "windows" style start button to the toolbar, to help you out.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

That black bar is called "Charms" I think. Its literally integrated into Windows 8 unless there is some setting or registry change you can make to disable it. It doesn't bother me too much though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

the funny thing about windows 8 is this at E3 2013 when ms was showing a game on PC they claim was not ported yet a windows 7 error came up :thumbsup:

Its pretty bad when MS doesn't even want to use their own products...

:question:

• 2 months later...

I don't know guys. It honestly does lag a lot if you don't have THE right specs. SSD works great if you boot Windows from it...

Regardless...

Wait a couple of weeks before updating to Windows 8.1, because a Microsoft employee we talked to claimed that it has too many errors. In the meanwhile, I'd recommend a program called Classic Shell, which I posted a topic about way back. Anyway, it allows for a start button, a list, or you can just have a start button that takes you to the actual start screen. Though, I brought this up because of your issue. This program allows for you to disable corners, that trigger the charm, multitasking, etc. The feature is there. But my friend, in this world, if you take advantage of every program, and of the internet, you'll find that these things make your life easier. For me, that "annoying" thing is actually helpful, and I LOVED seeing Windows evolve to this stage. I can't imagine Windows like it used to be anymore. That metro UI is beautiful, and simplistic. Just learn to love its beauty and elegance. If you don't, then by all means it is up to you. But, I advise that you take full advantage of Windows 8; it'll make life FAR MORE easier.

you may need to delete some stuff from your control pannel in your computer

you may need to delete some stuff from your control pannel in your computer

all you do is: 

press start

click control panel

then go to uninstall a program

and then delete the programs that you are not aware of that you downloaded

So is Windows 8.1 any good? So Windows 7 VS Windows 8 VS Windows 8.1 which one is the winner? Should I go from vista to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit or to Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit?

Upgrading to Windows 7 64-bit is a good way to go. Windows 8 sounds like a beautiful OS for a tablet, and I have no idea about 8.1. I've tried 8; it's nothing spectacular. It's a bunch of vibrant squares geared towards social networking, while Windows 7 still feels like an actual computer.