What Kind of Vehicals Would You Like to See in Halo 5

Sam Jones

heh, we talked about this last night so you pretty much know what im gonna say.

i like pretty much all of that, i would just add a bit of refinement to one aspect. The fuel rod gun secondary. i imagine it being maybe double the clip size of the mantis rocket pods. functionally, i think it would work best if modeled after the infantry version rather than the banshee or hunter iterations (to fast, to powerful).

Now, would this thing be firing from one central port, or 2 on either side? I ask because that could affect the fire rate.

I hadn't  really thought about the other two types of Fuel rods but I definitely agree that it should be modeled after the infantry variant of the weapon. As per clip size, I'm not opposed to it having something small like two extra launches (lets face it, we can unload an infantry fuel rod in less time than it takes for a mantis to fire two to three of its rockets), coupled with the previously mentioned slightly faster reload speed I'd think it was decently equivalent to the power that the rockets hit with. Also note that because the fuel rods would be the infantry version, it's long range capabilities would be lower but still possible. Where as the Mantis' secondary armament is its' long range weapon, the Locusts' would be it's primary. As per where they are mounted though, it's hard to say really but I'd almost imagine the pod(s) be mounted on either side of the main chassis of the Locust (three and three IF it has two more rods than a Mantis does Rockets) and that they would actually alternate fire (left, right, left, right etc) as they cycled. 

Hadn't really brought up it's anti-close range capabilities though previously (Mantis' Stomping melee) but I'd suppose that if the button to crouch raises you, that button would bring the locust back down...forcibly of course. Unless anyone else has any suggestions on that one of course lol

Hadn't really brought up it's anti-close range capabilities though previously (Mantis' Stomping melee) but I'd suppose that if the button to crouch raises you, that button would bring the locust back down...forcibly of course. Unless anyone else has any suggestions on that one of course lol

wow, thats awesome. i can see it now "Victory crouch your way to the top!"