What Kind of Vehicals Would You Like to See in Halo 5

Sam Jones

As for a forerunner crfat, the Omega-Class strike fighter (omega). An interceptor where the wings rotate around the body to turn instead of banking. It has the turret that watchers build (Without charge) and incineration cannon (Veeery slow recharge, very slow shot and inaccurarte. it takes two shots for vehicles). it is mainly anti-vehicle/air with limited anti-infantry. (The body stays horizontal, the weapons turn in a limited angle)

Alpha-class armour destroyer (Alpha)

A very slow and armoured tank that can even the odds- or breaqk them for whoever is driving. It is equipped with an incineration beam, a beam that deals the damage of the incineration cannon in the two seconds it fires. It takes 3 seconds to charge, then 2 to fire and 2 to cool down, making a fire rate of every 7 seconds. it turns slowly, and moves just fast enough to splatter at full speed and has no secondary gunner. The turret does not rotate sepearte from the vehicle (Like the scorpion)

Gamma-Class infantry fighter (Gamma)

Gamma's are forerunner transport vehicles. It has one driver, one gunner and two passengers. The driver can maneuver the vehicle in all four directions, much like the Spectre and Prowler. it is seperated into two main parts, connected with anti-gravity tech like how the weapons assemble. The driver sits in the front next to one passenger, with its head exposed. The gunner stands highest on a the same turret built by watchers but manually operated. The last passenger sits behind the gunner,

343i have introduced a "new" specie in the game but with no new vehicles for them. I like your ideas for forerunner vehicles BaconShelf!

Transport Hornet is missing, (or any other UNSC flying vehicle to counter the banshee), though the current maps for halo 4 isnt designed for it so maybe leave it to the next halo.

Somebody mentioned that a scarab would be nice, well its a big vehicle but a good encounter for the elephant,  Elephant vs Scarab gametype would be cool, but maybe leave it for the next gen, where there are more players on one server.

Somekinda covie transport are also missing, just like the prowler, spectre or shadow

Gorgon or locust (or chopper and revenant) as a covie encounter to the mantis.

As for now, all the vehicles in halo 4 today are all pretty weak since you can spawn with plasma nades etc. For example if you compare the normal warthog from halo 4 to the elder halos it isnt as scary anymore to see a enemy warthog running at you, all you need is two plasmas in your backpocket.

• 2 months later...

I think that through the series of Halo, that on the last one they will have it to were you could use almost every vehicle seen through out the games. Including the pelican, phantom and spirit. Here is a list of vehicles that will be listed in the very last Halo game:

UNSC

Warthog

Gaus Hog

Rocket Hog                                          

Scorpion                                              

Grizzly                                                  

Cobra                                                   

Wolverine                                             

Gremlin                                                

Mongoose                                            

Elephant                                               

Siege Bike                                            

Mantis                                                   

Elephant                                               

Hornet                                                  

Hawk                                                     

Sparrow Hawk                                       

Hawk                                                     

Some form of a VTOL aircraft I believe

Falcon                                                   

Pelican                                                  

Vulture(maybe)                                      

Long Sword(maybe)                                             

Short Sword(maybe)                              

Sabre

Covenant

Ghost

Chopper

Prowler

Revenent

Wraith

Anti-Air Wraith

Locust

Scarab(doubtful)

Vampire

Lich

Sereph

Phantom

Spirit

Banshee

Banshee Fighter

There may be more to them so far that I know of but I don't think so. If I missed any pm(private message) me about it and I will fix it. Anti-Air Wraiths were introduced in the campaign of Halo 3 if you go through the missions you will probably see them if you look.

I want a flying UNSC vehicle (Who doesn't) and maybe a one-person UNSC vehicle (Driver operates the gun as well, very similar to the ghost). I think there should be drivable mammoths as well. There should be a gametype where the objective is to keep control of the Mammoth (A teammate has to be in the driver seat to earn points) It would be kinda like Dominion, except it has only 1 objective and it would be the mammoth :D

• 4 weeks later...

Gorgon from halo wars kind of and anti air covenant mech

Hornet, falcon, hawk, vulture, light assault vtol, old pelican, banshee, vampire, orbital banshee, spirit, Seraph, phantom, and lich.

Wolverine, Cobra, Grizzly, Elephant, Rhino, Mantis, Cyclops, scorpion, Locust, scarab, shadow, spectre, revenant, aa wraith, wraith, mongoose, siege bike, ghost, chopper, prowler, shade, Longsword, gremlin, shortsword, Sabre, broadsword, Boarding craft, ODST Drop pod, ODST Squad Pod, Elite Drop pod, Heavy Drop pod, Bumblebee, Warthog, Ghausshog, old rockethog, missilehog, tthog, mammoth, attack jet ski, aa gun, mac cannon, and UNSC Turret, promethean vehicles, drone fighter, albatross, pod.

I think that through the series of Halo, that on the last one they will have it to were you could use almost every vehicle seen through out the games. Including the pelican, phantom and spirit. Here is a list of vehicles that will be listed in the very last Halo game:

UNSC

Warthog

Gaus Hog

Rocket Hog                                          

Scorpion                                              

Grizzly                                                  

Cobra                                                   

Wolverine                                             

Gremlin                                                

Mongoose                                            

Elephant                                               

Siege Bike                                            

Mantis                                                   

Elephant                                               

Hornet                                                  

Hawk                                                     

Sparrow Hawk                                       

Hawk                                                     

Some form of a VTOL aircraft I believe

Falcon                                                   

Pelican                                                  

Vulture(maybe)                                      

Long Sword(maybe)                                             

Short Sword(maybe)                              

Sabre

Covenant

Ghost

Chopper

Prowler

Revenent

Wraith

Anti-Air Wraith

Locust

Scarab(doubtful)

Vampire

Lich

Sereph

Phantom

Spirit

Banshee

Banshee Fighter

There may be more to them so far that I know of but I don't think so. If I missed any pm(private message) me about it and I will fix it. Anti-Air Wraiths were introduced in the campaign of Halo 3 if you go through the missions you will probably see them if you look.

shadow, scarab, cyclops, and i think you were looking for light assault VTOL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If its a vehicle in the halo universe i want it in halo 5.

agreed. i just want a game where 343 says "f*** it, let 'em play with EVERYTHING that has EVER existed in the Halo universe" i want it ALL.  that, or at least make it easier for people to make weapon/veh/ level mods (keep that out of Match making of course)

Maybe a jet-like vehicle? Kinda like a UNSC version of the Banshee. Maybe a Mammoth as well. There should be a gametype where the teams should fight over the mammoth. If a player is driving it, points will be added to his/her team's score, kinda like the scoring system in Oddball. Now THAT would be an awesome gametype!

• Like 2

Maybe a jet-like vehicle? Kinda like a UNSC version of the Banshee. Maybe a Mammoth as well. There should be a gametype where the teams should fight over the mammoth. If a player is driving it, points will be added to his/her team's score, kinda like the scoring system in Oddball. Now THAT would be an awesome gametype!

i like that. sounds fun. i actually had a similar idea only more like invasion. elite team has a lich that hovers over the battle field that spawns them and orbits the map. spartans start on ground base with aircraft. the objective is for the spartans to board the lich and plant a bomb, while the elites have to defend.

• Like 1

i like that. sounds fun. i actually had a similar idea only more like invasion. elite team has a lich that hovers over the battle field that spawns them and orbits the map. spartans start on ground base with aircraft. the objective is for the spartans to board the lich and plant a bomb, while the elites have to defend.

That sounds awesome. You know what they could do? They could have the ship hovering over the battlefield, like you said but the Spartans have to survive for a time limit (They'd get about 5 lives each, and it should take about 2m 30s.) then a gravity lift will come down. Spartans have to board the ship and deactivate a shield door, then destroy the ship. Now THAT would make for an INTENSE Invasion gametype.

This is a post to see what kind of vehicals you guys would like to see. Such as new vehicals that you thought of or vehicals that you would like to return in Halo 5. So if you have any ideas for a new vehical, or a returning vehical, the post a reply.

(This post is not for conversations)

The Spectre from Halo 2.

i thought of 2 ideas like some of the ideas listed a long time ago back in march april and may or so.

one is what id call the bulldog which would be motorcycle with 2 chain guns on the side with only one driver and would go faster than the warthog and mongoose.

halo_bulldog1.JPG

24864-160.png

http://ibotmodz.net/forum/topic/4214-demonicsandwichbulldog-motorcyle/

then the second vehicle i thought of a while ago was a second version of the ghost. i mean we have three warthog types don't we? so why not ghost too.

this ghost would act like the original ghost did in halo 1 would be red colored like the brute plasma rifles. it is called the stalker. what it does is instead of it using jets it uses active camo for a certain time and this active camo is like the original halo active camo where you can go as fast as you want and stay invisible for a certain amount of time. so the ghost would act like that and can sneak behind eemy lines then shoots brute plasma rifle bolts. it also moves slower and to make not OP in takes three hits to splatter a spartan or promethian or elite then one for grunts and jackals so those are my ideas and id love to have the chopper falcon hornet and revenant back as well

I'd like to see a Locust in Halo 5 honestly, it could totally work with some adjustments to how the mantis is. 

The Locust would likely be a little slower than the Mantis. However, I'm sure this could be compensated with by offering the Locust a little extra endurance making it a little harder to kill as well. In terms of weapons for the platform, I'd suggest the possibility of a similar but enlarged variation of the covey sniper from Reach, a beam that would over-heat given that it was held down too long, but would also grow in power as the trigger was held(It would absolutely NOT function as the spartan laser does). Now the thing to this would be that just like the Mantis, the gun would have to reload, right? Well, top that I'd offer the solution of its' reloading mechanism be something similar to that of the covey's plasma repeater, where it would vent the weapon more so than reload it. However, if you were to simply hold the button down until the beam over-heated, it would take longer for the weapon to cool enough to return to a usable state (as it had indeed, over-heated and not simply been vented prior to said event). 

As per the secondary armament, I'd suggest the possibility of it being a covey equivalent to the rocket pods: Fuel Rods. Now, a lot of folks seem to think that fuel rods aren't that great, but hear me out. Fuel rods, while they may not necessarily be a one hit kill capable weapon on vehicles (though it has happened) they still provide a wonderful amount of support for the statistics of the provided vehicle platform. The fuel rod is more than capable of propelling other vehicles away quite well, as well as providing a solid defense against incoming infantry. The launcher itself would likely function in a way quite similar to that of the Mantis rocket-launcher, but may have a slightly (and do I mean EVER so slightly) reload speed given its'  slightly lower overall power/damage.

To be fair, the Locust would not be able to crouch (as it has non-segmented legs, see H.W.) such as how the Mantis can, so as opposed to the B button (or equivalent pc/whatever keybinding) crouching the Locust, it could slightly raise it, providing the main body of the station were actually set slightly lower in the legs with supports that may enable the main chassis to be raised making it move at an even slower rate in exchange for a slight height advantage (such as peering over a small hill etc, enabling it to possibly get a bead on an incoming vehicle, or even, a saving grace laze that may just do that last little amount of damage to drop a hog loaded with a flag/bomb carrier).

I think that just about covers the main thought, obviously there are things that can be argued about it and that's perfectly a-okay by me. A big thanks out to my buddy spartan_J03 who actually got me to jump on here and toss something in. He's a trooper lol.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a Locust in Halo 5 honestly, it could totally work with some adjustments to how the mantis is. 

The Locust would likely be a little slower than the Mantis. However, I'm sure this could be compensated with by offering the Locust a little extra endurance making it a little harder to kill as well. In terms of weapons for the platform, I'd suggest the possibility of a similar but enlarged variation of the covey sniper from Reach, a beam that would over-heat given that it was held down too long, but would also grow in power as the trigger was held(It would absolutely NOT function as the spartan laser does). Now the thing to this would be that just like the Mantis, the gun would have to reload, right? Well, top that I'd offer the solution of its' reloading mechanism be something similar to that of the covey's plasma repeater, where it would vent the weapon more so than reload it. However, if you were to simply hold the button down until the beam over-heated, it would take longer for the weapon to cool enough to return to a usable state (as it had indeed, over-heated and not simply been vented prior to said event). 

As per the secondary armament, I'd suggest the possibility of it being a covey equivalent to the rocket pods: Fuel Rods. Now, a lot of folks seem to think that fuel rods aren't that great, but hear me out. Fuel rods, while they may not necessarily be a one hit kill capable weapon on vehicles (though it has happened) they still provide a wonderful amount of support for the statistics of the provided vehicle platform. The fuel rod is more than capable of propelling other vehicles away quite well, as well as providing a solid defense against incoming infantry. The launcher itself would likely function in a way quite similar to that of the Mantis rocket-launcher, but may have a slightly (and do I mean EVER so slightly) reload speed given its'  slightly lower overall power/damage.

To be fair, the Locust would not be able to crouch (as it has non-segmented legs, see H.W.) such as how the Mantis can, so as opposed to the B button (or equivalent pc/whatever keybinding) crouching the Locust, it could slightly raise it, providing the main body of the station were actually set slightly lower in the legs with supports that may enable the main chassis to be raised making it move at an even slower rate in exchange for a slight height advantage (such as peering over a small hill etc, enabling it to possibly get a bead on an incoming vehicle, or even, a saving grace laze that may just do that last little amount of damage to drop a hog loaded with a flag/bomb carrier).

I think that just about covers the main thought, obviously there are things that can be argued about it and that's perfectly a-okay by me. A big thanks out to my buddy spartan_J03 who actually got me to jump on here and toss something in. He's a trooper lol.

heh, we talked about this last night so you pretty much know what im gonna say.

i like pretty much all of that, i would just add a bit of refinement to one aspect. The fuel rod gun secondary. i imagine it being maybe double the clip size of the mantis rocket pods. functionally, i think it would work best if modeled after the infantry version rather than the banshee or hunter iterations (to fast, to powerfull).

Now, would this thing be firing from one central port, or 2 on either side? I ask because that could affect the fire rate.

There are so many vehicles, but obviously we are not going to get them all. A few things I would like that weren't in Halo 4 are the Scarab, Hornet/Falcon (any UNSC aircraft), Locust (maybe) and any older vehicle such as the Spectre from Halo 2 or the Revenant from Halo Reach. Hopefully they will bring at least one thing we like into Halo 5. I feel there are going to be quite a few new vehicles in Halo 5.