LightRifle Needs to be Buffed

Flame Haze

Or at least make it so it can shoot a bit faster,im not sure if i just **** with it or what cuz everytime i get in a gunfight with a Br or dmr or even a AR i loose wile im using the Lightrifle...i really think it needs to be buffed while not zoomed in i mean >.> cuz when its zoomed in its pretty strong XP

• Like 1

All they really have to do is remove the massive flinch you get while getting shot while using it. And I'm not sure of this, but does anyone else think you have to lead your target? It doesn't feel like hitscan to me since it's nearly impossible to hit someone strafing at a distance. Maybe I'm just not used to it, but it could also use a little bit more aim assist, I think.

Does it????

I think the LR is pretty much perfect, it is dead accurate, its got ood kill power and is very easy to use.

It might be a bit slow and poor unscoped but it is a long range rifle at the end of the day, its more a case of the DMR (its equivalent being too good).

I have a lot of kills with it in BTB and find it fine as is.

Does it????

I think the LR is pretty much perfect, it is dead accurate, its got ood kill power and is very easy to use.

It might be a bit slow and poor unscoped but it is a long range rifle at the end of the day, its more a case of the DMR (its equivalent being too good).

Does it????

How the crap is the Light rifle easy to use?

The Light Rifle actually has some pretty impressive balance on it if you really look at it from a logical standpoint. Let me make a small little bullet list to expand upon.

• Kills quickest when scoped
  • kills slowest when not scoped
  • Has lower aim assist

So in theory it is a very situation dependent weapon. It fills a very specific niche within the precision weapons arsenal. It's increased kill rates at longer distances allow it to dominate the other weapons at those ranges. Granted you could still lose the battle if you don't have the skill to make up for the lowered aim assist. On paper, if you can make up for the aim assist nerf then you can easily win at the longer distance battles.

The trap that you and many others are probably falling in to is that they try and bring the Light Rifle up to the front lines of the battlefield and engage in BR, DMR, and Carbine wielding opponents in close range strafing battles. The problem with that is that it really benefits the DMR user to play un-scoped. The Light Rifle doesn't have the stopping power to compete effectively without being scoped and when scoped have trouble keeping up with the enemy as far as strafing and shooting is concerned.

My suggestion to you is to try and use the Light Rifle at a further distance. Don't put yourself in a position where you have to play un-scoped as that is a significant handicap to the Light Rifle. If you have to fight un-scoped then perhaps you could pack a sidearm that could compliment that play style. I'm not entirely sure but I believe the Magnum is actually pretty competitive against both the DMR and the BR in those 1v1 gunfights. Also you could pack grenades to try and thin the enemy's shields out and give your Light Rifle such a head start as far as damage is concerned that it cannot lose (hopefully).

If all else fails then you could try the Firepower package as that would allow you to carry another primary weapon out into battle. That way you could have an Assault Rifle to compliment your Light Rifle. The Light Rifle is actually very balanced and 343i has provided the effective means to minimize it's weaknesses. It's just a matter of finding a loudout that works for you and sticking with it.

• Like 3

It's good the way it is, only needs 1 scoped shot to be a 4sk and it melts shields, people just need to get used to it more. Only "buff" I think would be good for it would be a more visible reticle, it's a bit hard to see right now especially zoomed in

Glad I am not the only one with the reticle issue, thought I was going blind.

The lightrifle actually owns face. It has insane aim assist when you don't scope with it. I commonly get headshots all the time with it unscoped and I'm just sorta aiming at thier heads. And when it's scoped it's a 4 hit kill, and a two hit to unshielded enemies. I really like the light rifle.

Wow...apparently many of you are saying the weapon lacks aim assist? I think its the most aim assist heavy weapon in the game when it isn't scoped in. Besides the beam rifle.

How the crap is the Light rifle easy to use?

It is very easy to use no bloom no issue same for each shot, it has lower aim assist but that is not an issue for me personally.. the only improvement would be the reticle is almost invisible against certain backgrounds which can be annoying as hell.

You get used to the unzoomed use and although it is a bit weak it is still effective enough to get the kills where required.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In a 1v1 fire fight I usually lose to the DMR. I can sometimes out shoot someone using a BR with the Light Rifle. The LR excels at long range while scoped. It wasn't meant to be a close quarters weapon. If you're trying to run and gun with the LR then it's your fault for getting beat by using it. When using the LR I tend to sit back and pick people off not do head to head confrontations.

Yeah the LR is definitley a long range weapon first and foremost, it good for say sitting on the hill in ragnarok and just hitting enemies from afar, that said however it is very annoying how fast it eats ammo!! maybe more ammo would be nice but thats the only improvement I would make.

This is how I got my first perfection thanks to the LR. A ammo boost would be a gladly accepted improvement for it. I'm able to get maybe 3 kills 4 if I'm lucky and I'm pretty much out of ammo.