Halo 4 in production.

iTzF1R3M4N

• 1 month later...

I lol'd at this comment.one of worst games of 2010? Really? Because Bungie dared to be different? Everybody hates Reach, absolutely staggering. I wonder if people would of hated Reach so much if it was a Master Chief story and not a Noble team.

i completely agree with you bro. People hate on reach for evolving from the Halo standard which hadn't changed for like 6 years. Normal gamers get tired of playing the same friggin thing 6 years straight!

Except that those button glitches were not meant to be in the game, and they gave players a cheap advantage over others.

Again, they took skill and became part of the game. Perhaps, you werent good at a BXR or doubleshot. So when people used them on you, you hated it. Thats my theory.

Again, they took skill and became part of the game. Perhaps, you werent good at a BXR or doubleshot. So when people used them on you, you hated it. Thats my theory.

Well your theory is incorrect. I dislike them because they're cheap and I consider them cheating and being a dishonest player. I dislike when someone uses something like an exploit to gain the advantage over another player. I find it disrespectful towards the fellow players and the game to resort to using a cheap button combo to win your fights. I would respect someone if they beat me fair and square by using their weapon, grenades, and movement properly. I do not and will never respect someone as a player if they use button glitches to gain the upper hand against me or any other players. Instead of using things like the BXR and doubleshot, you should attempt to win your fights without them. If you are unable to do so, then you honestly lost the fight. Resorting to these button combos, to me, isn't being an honest player. It's like cheating to me. But hey, you can obviously tell something like what you stated without anything to base it off of apart from me disliking your wonderful button combos... Not every player who played Halo 2 liked the button glitches, and I'm one of those players.

- Ms. Mystic

I lol'd at this comment.one of worst games of 2010? Really? Because Bungie dared to be different? Everybody hates Reach, absolutely staggering. I wonder if people would of hated Reach so much if it was a Master Chief story and not a Noble team.

I agree. I salute them for trying, but it was a failure. The story was under-developed, the AA's took out a good deal of some of that basic Halo gameplay, the Elites were removed from normal playlists, but it had just as many good points. 343 needs to use it as a lesson and it will ultimately lead to the creation of the perfect Halo game.

I agree. I salute them for trying, but it was a failure. The story was under-developed, the AA's took out a good deal of some of that basic Halo gameplay, the Elites were removed from normal playlists, but it had just as many good points. 343 needs to use it as a lesson and it will ultimately lead to the creation of the perfect Halo game.

Amen. I've never thought of it that way. Very nice perspective of thought.

Well your theory is incorrect. I dislike them because they're cheap and I consider them cheating and being a dishonest player. I dislike when someone uses something like an exploit to gain the advantage over another player. I find it disrespectful towards the fellow players and the game to resort to using a cheap button combo to win your fights. I would respect someone if they beat me fair and square by using their weapon, grenades, and movement properly. I do not and will never respect someone as a player if they use button glitches to gain the upper hand against me or any other players. Instead of using things like the BXR and doubleshot, you should attempt to win your fights without them. If you are unable to do so, then you honestly lost the fight. Resorting to these button combos, to me, isn't being an honest player. It's like cheating to me. But hey, you can obviously tell something like what you stated without anything to base it off of apart from me disliking your wonderful button combos... Not every player who played Halo 2 liked the button glitches, and I'm one of those players.

- Ms. Mystic

Well how is it cheating when every player had the ability to do so. Just because you chose not to (or couldnt do it) doesnt mean I cant use it. Towrads the end of Halo 2s time I couldnt go into a game without being BXRd or doubleshot. Good for you for stickin to your guns, I just think they played a part in the game, even if they were a glitch and would like to see them back.

I want Halo 4 to be a campaign that I actually WANT to play over and over. I want it to be a game that is made even more epic by reading the books (like Halo CE was), but I also want it to be more into the book than Halo CE was. I want to see where Master Chief goes when he gets airlifted, I want to be able to tell which characters in the book are which in the game, and I want to be simply amazed by the campaign. Granted, I love Halo Matchmaking, but I started playing Halo without an internet connection, so the campaign has always been important to me. The first time I played Halo CE was shortly followed by the second and the third. Same with Halo 2 and 3. I want to have fun in the campaign, be able to go ways that aren't necessarily obvious like in Halo 2, and kill things in new and exciting ways like in Halo 3. That's all I ask, is an epic campaign to reignite the Halo series. Reach's campaign, in my opinion, was a flop. It was like the game designers in charge of the campaign hadn't even picked up a single Halo book when they made that campaign. It felt reading an essay some kid wrote on the last day of school to me. My only hope is that I can honestly say that Halo 4 is one of the more epic campaigns that I've ever played. That's what I want for it, anyway.

• Like 1

follow in the ways of halo 2, and no one will be disappointed.

You mean not properly polish and finish the game, cut out a lot of things, and not test the game properly to check for bugs and glitches? I don't know about you, but if they "followed the ways of Halo 2", I'd be very very disappointed.

• Like 1

You mean not properly polish and finish the game, cut out a lot of things, and not test the game properly to check for bugs and glitches? I don't know about you, but if they "followed the ways of Halo 2", I'd be very very disappointed.

Follow the ways of halo 2 and ms. Mystic will be disappoint

For me, meh

follow as in gameplay/engine. halo 2 was easily one of the best fps ever, and i along with many others played the campaign over and over and over. obviously they are going to polish graphics and bugs. LOL. why would i literally be talking about remaking the game??

follow as in gameplay/engine. halo 2 was easily one of the best fps ever, and i along with many others played the campaign over and over and over. obviously they are going to polish graphics and bugs. LOL. why would i literally be talking about remaking the game??

Why would they use such an old engine? They have the Halo: Reach and Halo 3 engines to use, as well as whatever they come up with themselves. There is absolutely no reason to use the old Halo 2 engine. Using an engine doesn't necessarily mean using the same gameplay, just so you know. I think that's why some people are like "DON'T USE THE HALO REACH ENGINE", because they think it will automatically mean the game will play exactly like Reach.

Why would they use such an old engine? They have the Halo: Reach and Halo 3 engines to use, as well as whatever they come up with themselves. There is absolutely no reason to use the old Halo 2 engine. Using an engine doesn't necessarily mean using the same gameplay, just so you know. I think that's why some people are like "DON'T USE THE HALO REACH ENGINE", because they think it will automatically mean the game will play exactly like Reach.

Not exactly like, but pretty darned similar. A game engine exists to abstract the (sometime platform-dependent) details of doing common game-related tasks, like rendering, physics, and input, so that developers (artists, designers, scripters and, yes, even other programmers) can focus on the details that make their games unique. Engines offer reusable components that can be manipulated to bring a game to life. Loading, displaying, and animating models, collision detection between objects, physics, input, graphical user interfaces, and even portions of a game's artificial intelligence can all be components that make up the engine. In contrast, the content of the game, specific models and textures, the meaning behind object collisions and input, and the way objects interact with the world, are the components that make the actual game. To use a car analogy, two cars with the same engine but different everything else would still run remarkably similar, but be different at the same time. The reason a lot of people don't want the Reach engine used is because it has a LOT of fails. AI driving over cliffs, drop ships going underground, and plenty other examples (see Fails of the Weak for more).
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i think a little de-limbing would be kinda cool, i mean think about it, explosions are bound to tare people limb from limb, even if its just from an energy sword, idk it would be an interesting concept to think about.

Indeed it would, but the suits are designed to maintain an airtight seal under most circumstances, and the suits they are wearing in Halo 4 are even more advanced than any other Halo game, so it's not likely that it's going to happen. Plus, I don't want to watch Master Chief get dismembered over and over because I am still getting used to legendary. -.-

Wow this topic is OLD.

Nevertheless, I would hate to see large amounts of gore in a game like halo. Not only would it drive some players away because of it's obscenity, but it would not fit in the environment. It's just like completly obstructable objects, some things are just simply not meant to be in halo. Halo only needs to stick with it's slight bloodiness, and I think everybody would be happier then.