Will boltshot and DMR be nerfed in January update?

AfricanBatman

Personally I think the boltshot either needs to be toned down in power or range. I getting quite tired of people killing me with that thing like its a friggin sniper riffle. The DMR I believe is fine where it it. Pit that thing against a battle rifle in mid-distance combat and the battle rifle seems to win. Now if you try to out-do a DMR with a battle rifle at long-range you have no chance and that would be a bad decision on your part. That's my two cents about it.

Who uses camo lol not op at all

Boltshot and dmr are fine, everyone has access to them, so what if they're best in their class. Most of the people that cry about Boltshot are just not good with it, dmr is obviously op but like I said why cry when you can use it, unless you're just not that good with it

Who uses camo lol not op at all

Boltshot and dmr are fine, everyone has access to them, so what if they're best in their class. Most of the people that cry about Boltshot are just not good with it, dmr is obviously op but like I said why cry when you can use it, unless you're just not that good with it

So why have other rifles in the game at all?

Or loadouts?

Just make everyone spawn with DMR a Boltshot, frag grenades and a jetpack.

BORING.

Balance is needed for ALL weapons, in its current build the DMR breaks balance.

Noob Combo in Halo CE: Plasma Pistol and the OP Pistol

Noob Combo in Halo 2: Plasma Pistol and Sniper Rifle

Noob Combo in Halo 3: Plasma Pistol and Carbine

Noob Combo in Halo: Reach: Armor Lock, Plasma Pistol and DMR

Noob Combo in Halo 4: Boltshot, Hologram, and DMR

The DMR was removed from MLG V1 Settings loadouts for a reason; it does MORE DAMAGE than the BR in the same amount of time. Don't even get me started with the boltshot. *goes up lift* *gets killed by camping boltshot user* *goes around corner* *gets killed by camping boltshot user* *runs out of ammo* *forced to use boltshot :fuuu: Both should be nerfed, while Carbine should return to it's place, and I'm tired of seeing people using holograms, the holograms need to look more fake.

The DMR was removed from MLG V1 Settings loadouts for a reason; it does MORE DAMAGE than the BR in the same amount of time. Don't even get me started with the boltshot. *goes up lift* *gets killed by camping boltshot user* *goes around corner* *gets killed by camping boltshot user* *runs out of ammo* *forced to use boltshot :fuuu: Both should be nerfed, while Carbine should return to it's place, and I'm tired of seeing people using holograms, the holograms need to look more fake.

You... you're getting owned by holograms? Lol, seriously?

I see maybe 1 hologram user per game, the Halo 4 noob combo is Boltshot, DMR, Promethean Vision dude, and it's the chassis of my primary mid-range loadout. Don't get me wrong, I love a good hologram, but it's hardly a game breaker. How is "walking forward without shooting or looking at anything" looking too real for you? I might spend 2-3 DMR shots on a distant hologram if I'm really not paying attention, but most of the time it's pretty obvious that they're holograms.

If it wasn't already obvious by your difficulties with holograms, I'll go ahead and point out that you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Since when is the sniper rifle part of any "noob" combo? Even in Reach when it was ridiculously easy to use you still had to get one without your teammates betraying you for it (Which they absolutely would). The "noob combo" in Halo 2 and Halo 3 was the same: PP + BR. There was no "noob combo" in Halo: CE because you didn't need anything but a pistol. It was accurate beyond the locking range of the plasma pistol. As for Halo: Reach I don't know that there was any "noob combo" so much as get a power weapon or die. I played it, I dealt with armor lockers, they only slowed things down without making them any harder.

So why have other rifles in the game at all?

Or loadouts?

Just make everyone spawn with DMR a Boltshot, frag grenades and a jetpack.

BORING.

Balance is needed for ALL weapons, in its current build the DMR breaks balance.

Guess you found all the other halo games boring because everyone started with the same thing in all of them

Not saying the other rifles don't have a purpose, just best overall

PV might be the best if you're new but if you use it well jetpack or thrust are the best AAs

How is Hologram nooby? If you get messed up due to a Hologram thats on you.

What? how is the DMR not "that bad" it has the fastest kill time for precision weapons, Excluding the light rifle zoom and the pistol, and the most acuracy, bullet magnetism, aim-assist, and usage. How can you possibly claim it is not "that bad." The DMR isn't hard to use at all, the Carbine is super hard and it doesn't have any compensation and you still claim it is "just fine". Again I ask you, how is that DMR "not that bad?"

Honestly, Im being serious here. The DMR is pretty good. But player skill is a HUGE factor. My Tool of Destruction is the BR, and I have a 3KD so dont tell me its some begin all end all gun because its not.

i agree these people just arent good enough to use their favorite weapons and so they complain.
  • Like 2

Who refuses to use a weapon because they think it's OP? Wouldn't intelligent people want to use that weapon more?

-1 OP's logic

Disclaimer: I'm not picking sides in this.

True everyone would like to use a OP weapon. This becomes a mess however, and even in real life people put restrictions on weapons of war. Any intelligent person could use a rocket laucher to kill a guy standing ten feet away, but even a 'not so bright' one can realise if he pulls the trigger that things go "boom."

If you want to make a claim that you're smart because you can use a easy weapon so be it. Show some people you really are smart by beating them at there own game.

As for the OP, you are a hard-headed. Your type dissipoint me because I see them too often. The type of person that just can't play the game because they are not very good at it, and expect the game to change for them to suit there needs. Pathetic..

^^^

Sigh, its people like this who disregard weapon balance and are too hard headed to see that there are other people besides DMR users, who want a FAIR Battle instead of a STACKED battle, I agree to the fact that player skill makes a very huge difference, however, this does not mean that BR and Carbine users arn't crippled. Lets look at it this way, on a skill scale of 1-100, 2 players are at very similiar levels, 49 and 50 , lets say player A represents the 49, lets say player B represents the 50, Player A uses the DMR, an OP gun which earns him a +1 on the scale, Player B uses the BR so he earns +0. Now, both players are at an equal playing field. ( Notice that the skill floor is huge for all halos so +1 is a huge deal). People don't want to play with a cripple, so they use the default DMR. Now, to say that people are too bad to use the BR and/or the Carbine, so they cry for a change is correct for some people. Although, the majority ( I do think) wants the BR to have its own distinctive advantages so there can be the variety that 343 promised us.

Now, back in my MW2 days, there was a weapon that made me want to slam my controller across the room. This was the UMP45. It was downright OP, but I got away with using other weapons, still, I was beaten and battered by the weapon. Why? Because I couldn't help it! The gun was stronger. If my shots all connected and his all connected I would lose every time. Same thing with the BR and the DMR! The type of comment you posted enrages me everytime I see one. When I see comments like this I see: arrogance, stuburness, immaturity, and the attempt to dodge the fact there is an imbalance! If something is imba shouldn't we change it? Hopefully the answer is yes. The comment quoted above me is a true sign of bias. The DMR is undeniably over powered. You can check the stats yourself. Its way too good. Whether you like or agree with it or want it or hate it or not, this must be changed.

Neither of those guns needs anything done to them. My main loadout is the one the OP listed, but I use 2 or 3 others about equally. And I do about equal with all of them. I kill DMR users all the time, same with Boltshot. Neither gun has anything wrong with them. DMR does not trump sniper rifle, not if the sniper is used the way it's meant to. If you mean you rush into a fight trying to snapshot and use a sniper like a DMR, which is the only situation I can think of that you could legitimately claim that, you aren't playing the game the way it was meant to.

In other words, AfricanBatman, maybe rather than advocating fixing the game, you should fix yourself, because none of your posts indicate a problem ANYWHERE else.

And Koffe, the DMR is not more powerful than the BR. It's just better at long-range fighting. Do a test sometime and see how much worse the BR recoil is. I have, and would put the figure at something around 4.5x worse. In more close-quarters fighting, I consistently lose to BRers that are about equal in skill to me. At longer ranges, I consistently win. There is no imbalance, there are different strengths and weaknesses. Don't expect every gun and loadout to play the same because they don't fill the EXACT same roles. Learn the game and weapons before you go and nerd rage on forums like this.

The one thing I wonder about is the Covenant Carbine. It doesn't seem to have any real advantages, beyond firing fastest. It's basically the assault rifle of the rifles, and at that point I'd almost rather use a storm rifle. I still use it on small maps, and it's good, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's imba, just that grouping it with the rifles is a little bit/almost misleading. I just wish it were a little more rifle-like.

• Like 1

^^^

Sigh, its people like this who disregard weapon balance and are too hard headed to see that there are other people besides DMR users, who want a FAIR Battle instead of a STACKED battle, I agree to the fact that player skill makes a very huge difference, however, this does not mean that BR and Carbine users arn't crippled. Lets look at it this way, on a skill scale of 1-100, 2 players are at very similiar levels, 49 and 50 , lets say player A represents the 49, lets say player B represents the 50, Player A uses the DMR, an OP gun which earns him a +1 on the scale, Player B uses the BR so he earns +0. Now, both players are at an equal playing field. ( Notice that the skill floor is huge for all halos so +1 is a huge deal). People don't want to play with a cripple, so they use the default DMR. Now, to say that people are too bad to use the BR and/or the Carbine, so they cry for a change is correct for some people. Although, the majority ( I do think) wants the BR to have its own distinctive advantages so there can be the variety that 343 promised us.

Now, back in my MW2 days, there was a weapon that made me want to slam my controller across the room. This was the UMP45. It was downright OP, but I got away with using other weapons, still, I was beaten and battered by the weapon. Why? Because I couldn't help it! The gun was stronger. If my shots all connected and his all connected I would lose every time. Same thing with the BR and the DMR! The type of comment you posted enrages me everytime I see one. When I see comments like this I see: arrogance, stuburness, immaturity, and the attempt to dodge the fact there is an imbalance! If something is imba shouldn't we change it? Hopefully the answer is yes. The comment quoted above me is a true sign of bias. The DMR is undeniably over powered. You can check the stats yourself. Its way too good. Whether you like or agree with it or want it or hate it or not, this must be changed.

I don't Think I insaulted you. There is no attempt to dodge a fact, and santa is not real. Let me give you a few facts. Did you know that over 90% of computer related issues are user related? When I see this issue about a "imba" I see that there is no 'hardware' issue. It's user related. Weapns have speciffic roles to play in every aspect of the game.

D.M.R. - Long range

Battle Rifle - Medium Range

Assault Rifle - Short Range

There is no skill factor that grants a 'plus 1' because it's all based on ever changing varibles in the game. You don't attepmt to contend with a D.M.R. at long range with a Assault Rifle.

We are talking about facts right? Not opinions.

COD is a game where you weapons have different values such as reload time, power, range, and accuracy. Ofcourse if he is using a weapon that has more power, and you're hiting at the same time he is going to kill you first. You counter this with either more power or give your self a higher rate of fire. This a a simple factor of DPS. if you don't know what dps is it stands for Dammage per second.

I was not reffering to you Oni. I was reffering to the comment saying we are all too bad to use the BR and the Carbine. FACT, the DMR kills faster than the BR this is a tested fact. You can find this fact on many test videos. Next, as I have said before, the DMR is more accurate, this is a fact. I made the COD reference to prove a point, there are guns that have more power than the UMP45, however, it has the fastest DPS in the game (excluding snipers and noobtubes). You're right about the +1 example, I didn't specify the combat variables well enough. Siubijeni, just because you do = with all of the weapons, doesn't mean there isn't an imbalance. You probably don't do = with all of the weapons anyway, it probably just haven't made a large enough difference for you to notice. Now, people reading this comment, I want you to STOP and check this out

(I strugled to get a reliable kill time)

As you can see, the DMR looks better. Now, instead of ignoring this comment, now tell me how I'm wrong after seeing the video. If I see someone say something that this video proves wrong, then I will post the link. After this I hope you are informed on what should be an obvious choice.

I was not reffering to you Oni. I was reffering to the comment saying we are all too bad to use the BR and the Carbine. FACT, the DMR kills faster than the BR this is a tested fact. You can find this fact on many test videos. Next, as I have said before, the DMR is more accurate, this is a fact. I made the COD reference to prove a point, there are guns that have more power than the UMP45, however, it has the fastest DPS in the game (excluding snipers and noobtubes). You're right about the +1 example, I didn't specify the combat variables well enough. Siubijeni, just because you do = with all of the weapons, doesn't mean there isn't an imbalance. You probably don't do = with all of the weapons anyway, it probably just haven't made a large enough difference for you to notice. Now, people reading this comment, I want you to STOP and check this out

(I strugled to get a reliable kill time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj1jyTcAtdQ

As you can see, the DMR looks better. Now, instead of ignoring this comment, now tell me how I'm wrong after seeing the video. If I see someone say something that this video proves wrong, then I will post the link. After this I hope you are informed on what should be an obvious choice.

Can't see the video.

No such thing as accuracy at a certian range because of aim assist. Once the curser is red for both the dmr/br the shot(s) connect.

You... you're getting owned by holograms? Lol, seriously?

I see maybe 1 hologram user per game, the Halo 4 noob combo is Boltshot, DMR, Promethean Vision dude, and it's the chassis of my primary mid-range loadout. Don't get me wrong, I love a good hologram, but it's hardly a game breaker. How is "walking forward without shooting or looking at anything" looking too real for you? I might spend 2-3 DMR shots on a distant hologram if I'm really not paying attention, but most of the time it's pretty obvious that they're holograms.

If it wasn't already obvious by your difficulties with holograms, I'll go ahead and point out that you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Since when is the sniper rifle part of any "noob" combo? Even in Reach when it was ridiculously easy to use you still had to get one without your teammates betraying you for it (Which they absolutely would). The "noob combo" in Halo 2 and Halo 3 was the same: PP + BR. There was no "noob combo" in Halo: CE because you didn't need anything but a pistol. It was accurate beyond the locking range of the plasma pistol. As for Halo: Reach I don't know that there was any "noob combo" so much as get a power weapon or die. I played it, I dealt with armor lockers, they only slowed things down without making them any harder.

In Halo 2, the Sniper Rifle was good, TOO good. Bungie added some sort of super auto aim assist, and headshots were really easy!

Can't see the video.

No such thing as accuracy at a certian range because of aim assist. Once the curser is red for both the dmr/br the shot(s) connect.

Ever heard of spread? If somehow you can't see the vid, then you can search for it on youtube, just search DMR VS BR. Its not the aim-assist that makes it accurate, it is the lack of spread for the DMR.

Ever heard of spread? If somehow you can't see the vid, then you can search for it on youtube, just search DMR VS BR. Its not the aim-assist that makes it accurate, it is the lack of spread for the DMR.

Well it's a single shot weapon.. You don't have s p r e a d with a single shot.

Well it's a single shot weapon.. You don't have s p r e a d with a single shot.

When it blooms you have spread. What i mean is, not every shot goes directly in the center when bloomed okay? Do you get what I'm saying now?

P.S Have you seen the vid yet? Or are you too lazy to look it up or look at it?

DMR Requires skill...... much more skill then Carbine,BR or the storm Rifle, otherwise it wouldn't be called the marksman rifle......

If you say it Doesn't require skill it's only because your sick of being owned by people who DO know how to use it. It's a simple fact man...

Adapt and move on, just like with EVERY other Halo Game....

• Like 1