Mark VI Armor in Prolouge

UNSC Peacekeeper

• 3 weeks later...

yeah but to hardcore halo players thant know everything there is the know about halo its a minor annoince

I would have to question that. OT- it's just an aesthetic change, just like his actual armour in game. Don't worry about it.

it showed what the spartans looked like when the covies attacked earth

Thats not what they looked like. They wore different armor at the time, and the armor in the prologue was the armor chief wearers during the campaign, which wasnt even developed at the time the prologue is taking place.

It could be... and im not saying it is or that this is backed up by anything... The storm covenant attacking a human colony and the last spartan II's were deployed there. It is Mark VI armour, just asthetically updated, so its possible thats Fred and Co fighting the Storm Covies since all the elites in the cutscene are wearing Storm Uniform. Cortana states in the mission Dawn that its not normal covenant gear. None of the spartans are named or numbered in the prologue so it could be any of the II's. All the weapons in the Cutscene are Halo 4 era, along with the marine armour which leads me to believe that it might be set during the time between halo 3 and 4. Id like to think it is this instead of a continuity error.

• Like 1

At the time we can assume the opening cutscene takes place those would have to be the Mark-IV suits (assumed). From what we have seen of the Mk.IV it is very similar to the Mk.VI, but bulkier, and without shielding. Those Spartans had shields, and it looked like the current Mk.VI, so I'm going to go with the thought that 343i did it because it would be easier to use something they had already than designing a new one to put in... the Halo purist in me was pissed at that either way, but to be honest I was nerdgasming to hard to the entire cutscene to give a damn about it.