The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

Once again, I want a motorcycle in Halo. It could easily replace mongoose, it would be lighter, and faster, and we could actually bring back wheelies from Halo Combat Evolved, and Halo 2. And I love this colour so much ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I want their to be:

A UNSC vehicle in Forge

A badass-tastic campaign

Lot o' armor effects (like in Reach)

Multiplayer maps that aren't recycled from campaign levels

A ranking system kind of like in Halo Reach (Not like Halo 4 where it's like SR75 or whatever)

No "Generating Lighting" in Forge 

And finally I want to be able to spawn in and drive a Pelican, Phantom and Scarab in forge :D

I don't want:

A game that doesn't contribute to the story 

A game that's not fun to play

Edited by Anarchy
  • Like 1

I'm sorry to be negative but this doesn't feel like Halo. I see Spartans but this doesn't play like it at all, company's desire to be more like Call of Duty and implement similar mechanics bothers me. Don't get me wrong but I do enjoy CoD but I play Halo to get away from the monotony of CoD. The overall fluidity of the game isn't there, Halo is notorious for how smooth the gameplay is. Br/DmR battles do not feel natural, my shot cursor seems to move slower than my body and no matter how high of sensitivity I put my controls at, nothing changes. The BR doesn't feel like a BR either, it's shoots three rounds, but I do not notice it one bit. Boosts and ground/pound make my button layout more annoying than ever. Why can't I throw a grenade with LT, Melee with B, Reload with X, Scope with the thumbstick?! I understand the concept of straying away from the norm and making something different but let's not forget how this game was built and how pivotal it was to first person shooters. I loved the Halo 2 Anniversary addition and felt like that was the type of game I was to expect in Halo 5.  

• Like 1

-More blood and gore effects (can be disabled for queasy players). I'm talking blood oozing out of freshly killed enemies and bodies being blown apart or peppered by explosions. This is an M rated game already, there's nothing to lose by adding some realism. I know it's too late to add this into Halo 5, but maybe Halo 6? 

-Please take out those clips of Spartans posing and high-fiving before and after multiplayer games. It's so cheesy. Are Spartans futuristic super-soldiers or douchey frat bros? Show something heroic and cool like shots of them dropping in from orbit or a pelican or something and then charging into the fight. Do you really think humanity's strongest warriors should act so boyish?  

-The automatic call-outs are a good idea, but some of them are annoying. Keep the Spartan voices flat and serious instead of injecting silly personalities into them. It's less distracting to hear "Sniper Rifle Acquired" than "I GOT SNIPES"

-What's the point of shoulder charge if it doesn't do any more damage than a regular melee?

-Prophet's Bane needs to have its ammo count reduced. It's just too oppressive as it is. I feel like whichever team gets it first almost always wins the game. This is just anecdotal though. 

-Ground pound is insanely funny to use, but needs a buff to be a viable mechanic. It's too easy to dodge and its range is too limited to be practical. Increase its damage and splash radius, increase its range, increase flight speed, but also increase its charge-up time to prevent abuse as a way to travel or escape, and maybe even have it deal some damage to the player using it. At the moment it's just too underpowered to be useful as anything other than a funny way to try and kill people while drunk with friends. If you try to get kills with ground pound, you will perform much worse in that game than if you didn't. 

-The main menu music is not bad by musical standards, but it doesn't sound like Halo. It's got that generic, uninspired, cliche "hero" feel to it that's been used in countless superhero and war movies. Still, it's better than the bizarre main menu theme from Halo 4. I don't even know what to say about that one. Can you guys just pick Marty up? Even for just a couple songs?

-Make the thruster bursts a bit more flashy. Visually speaking they could use some more umph. 

-Why are the crosshairs in the DMR's scope a sickly, nauseous yellow? It gets washed out against light sources and clashes with the color scheme of the rest of the human weapons. 

-There seems to be a delay between landing a kill shot on an enemy and getting confirmation of that kill. It just doesn't feel right, as if it's not registering as fast as it should on the killfeed and medal tracker. Even the dying animation seems delayed to me. Could just be me though, idk. 

DEV feedback:

Killcam is useless and has low integrity for showing a true POV from your opponent. Just keep the classic deathcam where one could immediately look out for teammates while waiting upon respawn.

Controller settings should ALWAYS be now fully customizable and the game should do away with all other schemes besides maybe a recommended default layout. At least give the option to customize controller settings in addition!

Consider that campaign and MP DO NOT require the same dynamics. Halo would stand out most significantly if the DEVS made campaign uniquely different than MP. The campaign shouldn't be limited to the same kind of playability to that of MP and vice versa. In other words, consider being open to both parts of the game to being completely different so as NOT to limit quality and innovation, but rather enriching both elements of the game independently.

• 5 months later...

NO SPIT SCREEN CO-OP?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm seriously thinking about canceling my pre order because I can't play it with my wife when it comes out. I'm a veteran fan, playing sense the first halo ce and that feature has been key in my family through every game thus far. And I'm not the only one everyone I know is seriously disappointed about this. Your gonna loose so many fans due to this.

• Like 1

NO SPIT SCREEN CO-OP?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm seriously thinking about canceling my pre order because I can't play it with my wife when it comes out. I'm a veteran fan, playing sense the first halo ce and that feature has been key in my family through every game thus far. And I'm not the only one everyone I know is seriously disappointed about this. Your gonna loose so many fans due to this.

Just to quickly, and cleanly clarify - We are NOT the legitimate 343 Industries. We are a community forum who are very big fans of Halo, and other games in the industry. 

I mean, of course. You are entitled to your opinion and that is a good opinion, if you ask me. But just at least be wary of the fact that we are just fans. You can always use the official split-screen thread on Waypoint to show your disgust towards the issue. 

Thanks, and best regards. - T.I.M

You know what I want? :)

BETTER CUSTOMISTATION!

For all its faults Halo reach had an awesome customisation system!

So why cant Halo 5?

Right now the Halo 5 customisation is very limited and a massive step back from Halo Reach.

And I want that to change.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

I think they should add in the Haunted Helmet from Halo Reach. It was a really cool helmet and seeing how they are bringing back Carters armor from the game I think it is a small possibility. Honestly I was hoping that they would bring it back and make it to where you can only get it if you are an inheritor on Halo Reach because it was a real pain to get the highest rank in the game. A lot of people worked hard for it and I just thought maybe it should be passed down to Halo 5. If not, they can easily make a very hard task to get the Helmet in Halo 5.

It would also be cool to bring back the Original Recon Armor, and Hayabusa.

I know they were both favorited in Halo 3 so it wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm sure they can make the Armors look badass.

Hope you guys like my idea.post-90870-0-57825400-1435520489.pngpost-90870-0-78882000-1435520816_thumb.pngpost-90870-0-42961800-1435520832_thumb.png

• Like 1

^

Hardly anyone worked hard for it. :D

Most Inheritors I met sucked, why? Because they were boosters and would leave their Xbox on all day and night to get to max rank.

This isn't Recon from Halo 3 or the Katana sword thing, where people had to actually work for. All this was, lets see who can leave their console on the longest.

The Reach ranking system rewarded time.... but from that, boosting arose.

Anywaywho, that's enough Reach ranting.

I would like to see the helmets you mentioned return, however I doubt all of them will be in the game.

^

Hardly anyone worked hard for it. :D

Most Inheritors I met sucked, why? Because they were boosters and would leave their Xbox on all day and night to get to max rank.

This isn't Recon from Halo 3 or the Katana sword thing, where people had to actually work for. All this was, lets see who can leave their console on the longest.

The Reach ranking system rewarded time.... but from that, boosting arose.

Anywaywho, that's enough Reach ranting.

I would like to see the helmets you mentioned return, however I doubt all of them will be in the game.

Yeah I agree. People did boost to get their inheritors and the reach ranking system was like you said just rewarding time. I always ran in to bad players that had inheritor.. Ranking truly did not matter in this game. But hopefully (although not likely) they could bring back these armors. :yay:

• 1 month later...

It would also be cool to bring back the Original Recon Armor, and Hayabusa.

Yes, yes, yes, so much yes! Recon kinda lost it's novelty, but that doesn't mean it can't be added again. :D Hayabusa, definitely one of my favourite armours released. (Yes it was 'nooby' but I liked the style of it. ^_^ )

• 3 weeks later...

What I do want in Halo 5 Gardians:

-The sound FX of the Spartans shields going down and the alerting noise going with it from the open beta

-An option to toggle armor around the waist on or off and the options to choose from different waist armor

What I don't want in Halo 5 Gardians:

-The new sound FX for the Spartan shields going down and the new alert sound that gos with it

Otherwise I think that does it for me I'll add more replies if I find more things I want and don't want... Please take into consideration if a lot more people agree with me because I know I'm just one person so there has to be a lot more people agreeing with me. Thanks.

What I do want in Halo 5 Gardians:

-The sound FX of the Spartans shields going down and the alerting noise going with it from the open beta

-An option to toggle armor around the waist on or off and the options to choose from different waist armor

What I don't want in Halo 5 Gardians:

-The new sound FX for the Spartan shields going down and the new alert sound that gos with it

Otherwise I think that does it for me I'll add more replies if I find more things I want and don't want... Please take into consideration if a lot more people agree with me because I know I'm just one person so there has to be a lot more people agreeing with me. Thanks.

For some reason it duplicated sorry about that

• 2 months later...

NO SPLIT SCREEN FOR STORY LINE OR ONLINE PLAY!!!? 343 HAS TAKEN AWAY ONE OF THE BIGGEST PERKS HALO HAS.THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP OR YOU WILL  CONVERT LOYAL HALO PLAYERS TO COD.IM PRETTY SURE WE ALL KNOW WHY HALO 1-2 WERE THE #1 GAMES FOR MULTILPLE YEARS IN A ROW.I REMEMBER HAVING 2 XBOXS IN ONE HOUSE AND HAVING 8 FRIENDS ALL PLAY TOGETHER.ITS A SAD DAY WHEN YOUR FRIENDS COME OVER AND YOU ALL WANT TO PLAY BUT HAVE TO TAKE TURNS AND THE GUY GOING LAST HAS TO WAIT HOURS FOR HIS TURN TO PLAY.IF THIS DOESN'T GET FIXED,ME AND ALOT OF FRIENDS WILL NOT BE BUYING THE GAME AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.HALO WILL B FORGOTTEN AND THE NEXT COD WILL B RELEASED.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Bring back infection game mode. I enjoyed playing it back in halo reach. How about a slayer game mode with only the assault rifle and no shield. That might attract more of a audience who like games like cod...and maybe a ops mode like odst or even like the one in halo reach, i spent hours playing those would be nice to play with friends and have the option to revive your friend like in the campaign. Have a last boss like the boss in the campaign.

Btw in the ops mode have the option to use your cards for different guns etc..might have more of a reason to keep the cards to try to finish the ops mode.

• 3 months later...

how about to add some spice ya know we have the secondary colours of Spartans remain even in team slayer.

it unlikely people will get confused because the primary color is still blue / red / the teams colour but it gives friends an easily identifiable ally amongst the randomers on your team and allows people to retain their identity through colour as well as armor

thought it would be cool unless this is heresy then i never said it XD.