The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

I have no idea if this was mention for Halo 5 forge, but I think if there is forge that you should be able to make A.I.'s in forge! You could spawn A.I.s in forge and then in custom games you could fight them.

It wouldn't be hard to transfer campaign A.I. ability into forge. Wouldn't that be cool?

You could make videos of A.I.s fighting each other and players be on teams and it could be a war on halo. People could make You-tube videos or something of the sort and people could watch epic battles in progress.

So if they make A.I.s in forge, they will have made a game I will totally enjoy 24/7!

Competetive Multiplayer

In this post I will only cover multiplayer aspects to make it as short as possible

In my opinion Halo 5 should get a more competetive multiplayer. this means that there should at least be some competetice ranked playlists. With no loadouts and no random and requested weapon Drops. Because Halo's Arena style competetive multiplayer should be all about Map Control and pure Player Skill.

In general I don't mind the concept of customizable loadouts, but they cause a huge Problem. In order to maintain weapon balancing loadout weapons became very similar in use and function.
The Assault Rifle the Storm Rifle and the Surpressor were basically the same weapon just with a few changes. They all took about the same time to kill and had no Special use. Same goes for Battle Rifle, Designated Marksman Rifle, Covernant Carbine and Light Rifle.
Moreover the Halo 4 Plasma Pistol has not enough Ammo and is compared to other Halos to weak. The Boltshot on the other Hand is basically a oneshot weapon you can spawn with.
One more concern I have is that Dual Wielding can't work out with loadouts (in a competetive gaming Environment).

Now if there were no loadouts in all competetive playlists (and if there were no ordonance drops) we could have a broad range of different weapons that were all worth to fight over on the maps. (just like it was the case in older Halos)

let me give you an example: You start a match with a BR which is very similar to the halo 3 BR. It kills with 4 Bursts but it's hard to hit every bullet(unlike in Halo4) especially at Long range. You want to take out enemies at long range so you hunt for a DMR which is much better than the BR. This was in Halo 4 not possible because both weapons were loadout weapons which meant that they both have to be equal. If there are no loudouts you can make some weapons stronger and others weaker. And you can add very special weapons.

And yes, I'd like the return of dual wields BUT only if 343 manages to Balance them properly. In order to have dual wields you have to have weapons that do less damage. (like the Plasma rifle in Halo3 or the SMG) Of course sidearms like the Halo4 Magnum would be to strong. which means that there either has to be a second kind of weaker pistols or the Magnum has to be weakend.
I would rather like to see more new weapons and weapons from older games than Halo4 weapons made weaker just to make them dual wields but that's just my opinion.

Thank you for reading. If you have any Suggestion just contact me.

ps. @everyone who hasn't already: go and check out nakedElies YouTube chanel. He has many awesome Videos with suggestions for Halo5

Everyone check out Nak3d Eli on youtube.
He has made many awesome vids about Halo5 and I share 99% his opinion.

Multiplayer

"Get rid of either the DMR or BR, the DMR is clearly better in halo 4 making the BR redundant"

Actually, no the B.R. is not redundant. The DMR requires 5 shots MINIMUM to score a kill on a fully shielded player. The Battle Rifle is capable of killing with 4 trigger pulls, provided that 10 of the 12 rounds hit and the 11th or 12th round (fired on the 4th trigger pull) hit the target's head. The Battle Rifle is a mid to mid-long range weapon, which is where a rough majority of Halo 4 engagements take place. Two players working together with the B.R. make it highly lethal. One player need only expose himself long enough to get two shots off at a target, and have the second come out and place two more for an easy kill. Some of my friends refer to the B.R. as the noob weapon. The B.R. is, again, a mid to mid-long range weapon, whereas the DMR is a long-range weapon. It's less powerful than the Light Rifle (the only other headshot weapon capable of killing a target with only 4 trigger pulls) but compensates by firing slightly more quickly.

Competetive Multiplayer

In general I don't mind the concept of customizable loadouts, but they cause a huge Problem. In order to maintain weapon balancing loadout weapons became very similar in use and function.

The Assault Rifle the Storm Rifle and the Surpressor were basically the same weapon just with a few changes. They all took about the same time to kill and had no Special use. Same goes for Battle Rifle, Designated Marksman Rifle, Covernant Carbine and Light Rifle.

Moreover the Halo 4 Plasma Pistol has not enough Ammo and is compared to other Halos to weak. The Boltshot on the other Hand is basically a oneshot weapon you can spawn with.

One more concern I have is that Dual Wielding can't work out with loadouts (in a competetive gaming Environment).

Now if there were no loadouts in all competetive playlists (and if there were no ordonance drops) we could have a broad range of different weapons that were all worth to fight over on the maps. (just like it was the case in older Halos)

let me give you an example: You start a match with a BR which is very similar to the halo 3 BR. It kills with 4 Bursts but it's hard to hit every bullet(unlike in Halo4) especially at Long range. You want to take out enemies at long range so you hunt for a DMR which is much better than the BR. This was in Halo 4 not possible because both weapons were loadout weapons which meant that they both have to be equal. If there are no loudouts you can make some weapons stronger and others weaker. And you can add very special weapons.

And yes, I'd like the return of dual wields BUT only if 343 manages to Balance them properly. In order to have dual wields you have to have weapons that do less damage. (like the Plasma rifle in Halo3 or the SMG) Of course sidearms like the Halo4 Magnum would be to strong. which means that there either has to be a second kind of weaker pistols or the Magnum has to be weakend.

I would rather like to see more new weapons and weapons from older games than Halo4 weapons made weaker just to make them dual wields but that's just my opinion.

Thank you for reading. If you have any Suggestion just contact me.

ps. @everyone who hasn't already: go and check out nakedElies YouTube chanel. He has many awesome Videos with suggestions for Halo5

Everyone check out Nak3d Eli on youtube.

He has made many awesome vids about Halo5 and I share 99% his opinion.

"In general I don't mind the concept of customizable loadouts, but they cause a huge Problem. In order to maintain weapon balancing loadout weapons became very similar in use and function."

To be fair, Halo technically comes nowhere close to having anything like some of the weapon redundancy you can find in the Call of Duty or Battlefield games. The trick is knowing where a weapon is best suited, i.e. range, situation, etc.

"The Assault Rifle the Storm Rifle and the Surpressor were basically the same weapon just with a few changes. They all took about the same time to kill and had no Special use."

Actually no, and I can say this because as someone who's tool of destruction is almost always his fist in most standard games (minus SWAT, vehicle use, etc.), I took the time to experiment with the weapons and learn their strong and weak suits, where they work best at, which is important since I tend to engage enemies in CQC. To answer this point, the Assault Rifle and Storm Rifle are probably the closest to each other in terms of functionality of any two weapons in the game. But there are still advantages of each. The assault rifle is more effective at the optimal mid-range of engagement than the Storm Rifle, but at mid-close range the storm rifle is slightly more lethal (though as a side note, you can get a melee kill with either weapon if you hit the target six times). The suppressor has the shortest range of them. It's not a mid-range weapon but a close-range weapon. The Assault Rifle and Storm Rifle are no match at close range against a suppressor.

"Same goes for Battle Rifle, Designated Marksman Rifle, Covernant Carbine and Light Rifle."

Again, the trick is knowing where the weapons work best, how they're balanced, etc. The Battle Rifle is a mid-range weapon. The Covenant Carbine is more of a mid-long range weapon, whereas the DMR and Light Rifle are long range weapons. The B.R. will win in a basic mid-range engagement, but the Covenant Carbine is still useful, since it's ability to fire rounds quickly ensures its useful at a wider variety of ranges. The Light Rifle is the only other weapon capable of a 4-shot headshot kill in Halo 4 besides the B.R. It's power is compensated for by the fact that this power is only while the weapon is zoomed-in. Even though it has a 3-round burst function while zoomed out like the B.R., it is far weaker than a B.R. zoomed out, yet more powerful than an individual round from a DMR while zoomed in. This makes the Light Rifle impractical at short to mid-range engagement. At long range, it's power is compensated for by a more clearly visible 'trail' and a slower rate of fire than the DMR.

"Moreover the Halo 4 Plasma Pistol has not enough Ammo and is compared to other Halos to weak. The Boltshot on the other Hand is basically a oneshot weapon you can spawn with."

It's true that the plasma pistol, in Halo 4, only seems to fill the role of being a cheap weapon for lowly Ungoy and a loadout solution to try to address enemy vehicles. In my opinion, a boost to the speed at which the round travels would be a huge plus, as well as a buff to the homing ability to make it more useful (even though the homing ability itself still makes no sense technically, but who cares, right?). The Boltshot would need to be buffed a little if the Brute Mauler ever made a return, as the Mauler was an easy-to-use shotgun-like pistol, whereas the Boltshot's charge-up means it requires careful timing (not a problem for people who always operate close to the enemy like me, but more so for others). The simplicity of the Mauler would mean the Boltshot would need to be buffed for slightly greater one-shot -kill-range when charged up, lest it become obsolete. And the Boltshot still had a standard headshot round that is useful on occasion.

"One more concern I have is that Dual Wielding can't work out with loadouts (in a competetive gaming Environment)."

Actually, it can. Weapons like the standard SMG (I'd be happy if the ODST SMG also made a comeback though it couldn't be dual-wielded), are capable of being dual-wielded whereas weapons like the Assault Rifle cannot. This creates a unique incentive for some players to want to spawn with dual-wield-capable weapons in the hopes that they can acquire a second dual-wield-capable weapon. An overarching purpose for dual-wielding is to compensate for the individual weapon's shortcomings, i.e. the SMG is obviously no match for the Assault Rifle or Battle Rifle at mid-range, and certainly wouldn't beat a suppressor at close range. Some players will want dual-wield weapons, others will prefer standard primary weapons. Player choice is preserved, even expanded, without sacrificing gameplay.

"Now if there were no loadouts in all competetive playlists (and if there were no ordonance drops) we could have a broad range of different weapons that were all worth to fight over on the maps. (just like it was the case in older Halos)"

I still see that even now. I see people making a point to gun for spots where ordnance drops will occur or where a good weapon will spawn. Not all good weapons are available by ordnance drop. Ordnance drops don't make standard respawning weapons set on the map inferior, since placed weapons can have their capacity and spawn-time controlled...plus it doesn't put a waypoint over the weapon, which is helpful in some cases.

"let me give you an example: You start a match with a BR which is very similar to the halo 3 BR. It kills with 4 Bursts but it's hard to hit every bullet(unlike in Halo4) especially at Long range. You want to take out enemies at long range so you hunt for a DMR which is much better than the BR. This was in Halo 4 not possible because both weapons were loadout weapons which meant that they both have to be equal. If there are no loudouts you can make some weapons stronger and others weaker. And you can add very special weapons."

The issue in discussions about the B.R. vs the DMR is that people ignore the fact that these are two different weapons designed for two different ranges. Using a B.R. against a DMR at range isn't a smart move. Using a DMR against a B.R. at mid-range isn't a smart move. Broader weapon specialization (lots of weapons filling different ranges and roles) makes combat overall more diverse and dynamic, rather than risk stagnating it with redundancy, which Halo games have always tried to avoid. In another thread, I even mentioned past Halo weapons that can be brought in a new Halo game and I explained why they wouldn't cause redundancy. This really comes down to understanding the different roles and qualities, as well as shortcomings, that different weapons have. It's not necessarily a matter about stronger or weaker weapons. After all, you can have the SMG and Assault Rifle in a game. The Assault Rifle is stronger than the SMG and has better range, but the SMG isn't counted out because it compensates with a higher rate of fire making it more lethal at close range. It comes down to knowing the weapon's strengths and weaknesses, rather than quantifying it with a power number, so to speak. This is true even of the heavy weapons. The Fuel Rod Cannon is the weakest of the three regarding individual round strength, but it carries a larger number of rounds, making it most effective against infantry, yet slightly useful against vehicles. The Rocket Launcher is the more-balanced weapon, capable of effectively wiping out infantry and really hurting heavy vehicles at the cost of total round capacity and only two shots before needing a reload. The Incineration Cannon is the most powerful of the three, the one weapon with the ability to kill anything in the game with a single well-placed shot (and its cool to see infantry evaporate). But this power comes at the cost of one shot per cooldown (the weapon's reload) and only carries up to 5 blasts.

I hope this commentary helps some.  :chaingun:  :hide: 

How about a health monitor of some sort (like in Mass Effect 2) where we can know how close our Spartan is to death but still have the same regenerating health and shields like normal. This would be useful in multiplayer, but more so in Spartan Ops and Campaign. Just because Gen. I Mark VI and Gen. II variants come with the on-board medical gear, it seems odd that Spartans don't still have access to some sort of health monitor beyond their shields...

• Like 1

More smaller arena style maps -with weapons placed-  made for 4v4(2-8players) competetive multiplayer.

Social and ranked playlists like in Halo 3.

some with and some without loadouts/ armour abilities/ weapon Drops/ sprint/ etc

at least two very competetive classic playlists (one objective the other one slayer) without custom loadouts and random or player requested weapon Drops. Weapons and bonuses/armor abilities should be placed on the map

Get rid of Support packages and tactical packages!

I would like to see a Pistol similar to Reach's Magnum: damage comparable to AR but not as percice as a DMR. 2x-skope. high frequency but not as high as the covernant carbine's. 6 shots to kill -> great for finishing someone of with Little or no shield. easier and faster to use in Close combat than DMR. eg for giving headshots after hitting with a Punch or granate.

moreover I'd like a second Kind Kind of pistol which is made for dual wielding -> less damage and recoil and no zoome

it would be nice in multiplayer and single player / forge you can edit as many vehicles scarab phantom pelican and even when one enters the vehicle or in the settings can decide whether one can enter the vehicle and use the third person or the first person as battlefield and that there were fighters ( seraph saber broadsword etc ...) is also a new halo for the pc would be great because you could create mods and if you like you can use them fans can edit and this would attract a lot of people and I think the old fans will would be more than satisfied.

you could also do that one can decide whether to be a grunt who may have high damage resistance high and low speed the same thing with hunters while the elite high-speed high damage but low defense be able to use vehicles in several ways thanks to the ability to unlock gadgets that was purchased with the vehicle as to a scorpion can be added as a gadget that can launch a rocket that does high damage and can be a guided and
can engage aircraft .
and maybe add a higher physical objects from a sniper rifles as there is not just one but more than one of each one that maybe has some advantage over the other .
would be a good idea to replace the rank of halo 3 which were great because it was obvious complicated I suggest you put in Anticheat vistri server because I have seen some people flying without jetpack or maybe shots fired in bursts rpg (sorry for bad language)

I would like to see in Halo 5

#1  more realistic colors, and if they can add an option to change to  traditional colors.

#2 Use the Kinect every Xbox one has one and their are a lot out their on the Xbox 360. When I say this I don't mean for stupid motion controls. it's the little things that can make the game better like, lets add face to the UNSC marines from  friends(send your pic sample from your Kinect in the game to friends with the game), voice control your A.I. marinas like hold or advance little commands like that.

#3 Bring back 3D game play like in Halo Anniversary Edition as an option, this way people with 3D TV's can play it and those with out don't have to worry about it.  Halo Anniversary Edition was one of the best 3D game I've played.

Keith

Don't know if I've posted in this thread before or not (I probably have) but I've got a few things I'd like to see / wouldn't like to see in Halo 5...

So, here's what I'd like to see in the game:

• Power weapons spawning on map @ start, respawning regularly
  • Weapon skins like those in Halo 4, but they're unlockable
  • Higher frame-rate so sprinting doesn't wreck your camera
  • More emblem customization options (Black Ops 1 & 2 got that really right)
  • More character color customization options (I'd like to make custom colors, not just presets)
  • The race game mode! I was disappointed when it wasn't included in Halo 4
  • FIRE FIGHT! Spartan Ops just wasn't up to par
  • Monthly / weekly / daily challenges like those in Halo Reach
  • DUAL WIELDING!

And here's some stuff I don't wanna see in the game:

• Ordnance drops, power weapons spawning on map are enough
  • Customizable classes, I liked it when everyone spawned with a game mode's pre-set guns
  • Well, it's not something I want completely eliminated from the game, but less forge maps in matchmaking
  • Kill cams... and if they have to be included, at least make them better! H4 kill cams SUCKED

And that's all I can really think of right now!

Dedicated servers are a must this day in age, a game is competitive only if it is balanced. Not having dedicated servers will abolish any hope of the game being a huge competitive title like those we see on P.C in Dota 2, LOL and SC2.

All 3 of those game are hugely popular competitive titles which set the benchmark for any game aiming to be competitive. The things they all have in common are dedicated servers, balanced gameplay, constant updates, high skill caps, ranked matchmaking and developer support.

So lets look at what Halo 4 had:

Halo 4 had Developer support, constant updates and after one year we had ranked (which was fail because the game was not competitive) and eventually we had custom games with balanced gameplay.

Overall the game was imbalanced due to heavy advantage to host, imbalanced weapons, poorly balanced load outs and minimal skill cap with such high rates of aim assist/bullet magnetism, no de-scope and SPRINT (I explain below why sprint has no place in halo).

Halo 4 was a casual game and in the modern day games, competitive titles take the cake and play on for many years.

The biggest problem with Halo is sprint and below I will try to explain why:

Sprint's effects on the game go a lot deeper then the obvious complaint made about players running away wen they should have died. People can sprint off-spawn to finish a weakened player which lowers the punishment for dying and make trading kills more prevalent. Previously , a victor could regain their shield and get ready fir the next encounter by obtaining new weapons or positions in te downtime - an advantage to the winner. This works well as an appropriate disadvantage for dying.

Sprint wreck the advantage because you or a respawning ally can run straight back to the winner of the previous fight and finish him off. It removes the downtime to regain shields and prepare for the next encounter.

These issues disrupt the flow, depth, integrity and intelligence of the game. They cause more anger then enjoyment and these are the only obvious effects.

Sprint completely destroys the scale of the game. This is the real underlying problem with sprint.

Scale refers to the dimension of a map, in relation to the dimensions and abilities of a Spartan. Halo gameplay has been consistent in the past regardless of weapons, kill times, maps, gametypes, grenades or perks, because the scale was done right.

-Box height vs Spartan & jump height.

- Box width vs Spartan & strafe width.

- Hallway width vs grenades explosion radius.

- Average encounter distance vs melee & average weapon effectiveness range.

- Map & line of sight distance vs grenade throw distance & weapon range.

- Distance between cover vs Spartan speed. (this is very important, too much distance between cover and you can't move without dying, too little and you can't kill anything, which is equally as bad)

Geometry Proximity:

Areas and geometry need to be close to each other to provide interesting, strategy and unique combat tactics using verticality. The further areas get from each other the less verticality and synergistic-use there is between tem. Snipe tower on Lockout is a perfect example of close areas and geometry creating interesting, strategic and unique combat opportunities. However when sprint is add te tower becomes "too small". So you enlarge the tower but now the exact properties that made it good are lost, it becomes too horizontal and has too much distance between each area for it to work well in combat.

These are just a few examples of how scale dramatically affects the game. If any component in any the above examples it too much or too little, the game will have huge problems. This is why sprint is such a big problem - the game has to balance sprint, against itself. it has to sacrifice the integrity of all the properties above, in order to make sprint "work".

The average encounter distance is also increased which means a lot of the components that make Halo so unique and successful are made less viable; Circling players, strafing, jumping, melees, tactical grenades, close quarters combat strategy. These aspects cannot thrive or have much effect when the distances are increased to account for sprint. The game ends up functioning like another generic long-distance shooter with no flavour.

When a player tries to hold a position down to run a flag, to protect his base, to kill other players, or to land shots across map to hep his team mates, sprint makes it ver hard to.

For example Midship's pink tower in halo 2: To use the tower you need to first defend it so you don't get assassinated or caught off guard by a flank. With no sprint you have small windows of opportunity to shoot from it as players cannot sprint up there, all it take is a periodic check to see if anyone is moving in on you. With sprint added, you need to be continually checking, and have no time to fire from the tower to other areas of the map.

The power position value is diminished which remove structure, variance and direction from the map.

This works everywhere - the idea that players have to constantly check their back and be on the lookout for players running into their area, instead of actually playing the game. it makes it very chaotic, unstructured, at time random, and completely ruin and chess-like mind games that happened in previous title. This is why Halo has been failing so much, the lack of combat structure and strategy makes it boring no matter what gizmos and gadgets you're using.

I play online chess on the same very simple board I always have, they could add rockets and guns to my chess pieces and try spice up the game, but I only play for the immense game of strategy chess is, and Halo once was.

Sprint overall reduces the strategic values of Halo creating a dull FPS where whomever has a better shot wins rather then the player who makes the correct decisions.

I have no objection to sprint being a "loadout" or "armour ability" in gametypes like big team battle and maps that are huge, but in the competitive arena that makes Halo the stand out FPS of our generation, it needs to be non-existent, maybe experiment with putting a power up for sprint on a map at some point in competitive but please don't ruin the strategic arena FPS we used to love.

Highly unrealistic suggestion and almost certain that its not going to happen, but if it were up to me..

Multiplayer back to CE/2/3 format. No perks, boost, apples, bananas, no prematch bull**** that gives you certain advantages over others. The power of halo's multiplayer was that it was stripped down to the core of what multiplayer is. The battles got decided by skill and map knowledge alone. Everyone has equal opportunities to dominate a game. The best player were...the best players.

Those random ordnace drops are also infuriating. They make no sense at all. The only reason why this was brought to the table was probably to make it more easier to come back when you and your team face a better opponent. But the whole point of facing better opponents is that you try to become equally good if not better by playing a lot and understanding the game to it's core. Not because you've been given a SAW at random.

1.Firefight:

Although this originated in ODST, my main memories lie in Halo Reach. Not only would it be nostalgic, but it's one of those game modes you can just keep on playing (Mostly Corvette). Messing around with the settings was fun, like using the bottomless clip beam rifle or running around with x300 shields.

2.No Shiny Stuff:

Alright, I don't mean scenery. What I'm trying to say is that one of the things I didn't like was how everything seemed new and shiny. If you were really in war being shot at by lasers and rubble blasting in your face, you would have faded and/or scratched armor (Again, Halo Reach did this well). It was cool at first, and I know War games is a simulation, but still.

3.Weapons:

Is everything dropped with an ordinance? I miss having to find the weapons around the map, not calling in an overpowered weapon every few kills.

4.ODST:

What happened to they guys/gals? I have to say, I was super excited seeing the return of ODST armor in Halo 4, but was still a little confused after seeing no signs of them in actual gameplay. 

Custom Games Matchmaking [Waiting since Halo3]

Halo 3-esque forge with more features = Adding Ai [Ai as in everything from UNCS Grunts, to enemies, to campaign bosses]

New Forge Mode: Campaign Forge

[Lets you go into a campaign mission, choose a checkpointed section, or area, and build there and complete the mission how you would've liked too, or just use that area to make a game mode in]

Remove armor abilities from starting load outs and make them pick up if you still choose to keep them in.

Make the DMR a pick up, not the BR.

Dynamic Animations such as juking to the left or right as you hit jump. [More like a juke/jump]

Graphics.

Coop.

Fun mode where you get to play as an ODST. [Maybe as an activated skull, or a custom setting.]

I am all in for an open world Halo! Sprint should stay in and ADS only makes sense. How does everyone expect Halo to grow if all they want is for 343i to take steps back. Every single FPS is using sprint and ADS why should Halo be an exception. I even noticed while playing Far Cry 3 walking up to a wall your character lowers his weapon due to the obstruction. This doesn't even happen in Halo 4! Your weapon stays perfectly level. Halo is supposed to be at the top of all FPS's so if everyone keeps begging 343i to keep Halo how it is how are we supposed to expect it to maintain the mantle? 343i please drive the innovation forward! Titanfall, COD, Destiny and others are all breaking new ground...PLEASE!...don't stay in the past. Move forward...break ground...and turn Halo into what we all know it could be.

I don't necessarily want it in as I don't really care. But I could see Elite returning in matchmaking if it turns out that Sanghelios is a major location. What I would want is a good amount of elite armor permutations as they have some pretty awesome armor.

I'm also hoping for some open world type mechanics or whatever you want to call it. I'm not entirely sure what I mean by this either. :P What I was thinking is that there would be the typical campaign level orders. But instead of just linear do this the maps would be far more open leaving you with a variety of paths to complete the mission. I also think side missions could work in here, like go find these missing marine or whatever.

If the series is going to go towards and open world game it is not ready to do it in one big leap. Especially considering a big part (presumably) is trying to bring Cortana back. Doesn't seem right to go explore a hill for 3 hours.

While I was writing that I was thinking of ways to incorporate an open world game. Totally unrelated to Halo 5, but I think it would be awesome if we played as some rogue Elite who sort of works as a bounty hunter/mercenary. The character would go hopping around planets in the galaxy hunting targets and what not. Each planet could also have its own open world, not massive, but big enough to be interesting.

Edited by WonderWombat

....wish I'd seen this yesterday before I posted my thread, apologies on that. I'll just copy and paste the bulk of my OP. Apologies for the following wall of text.

" FORGE TEXTURES : FORGE already allows you to change the color of an object, via, well, ITEM COLOR. Adding another category in that same option grid, TEXTURE, would it be possible to change the look of the item from the same tired Forerunner piece to say, on a ramp, for example; WOOD , STONE SLAB (one big piece of stone) , STONE BRICKS (stone bricks stacked and shaped), PLASTER (solid plain wall), WOOD PANEL (panels of wood) STEEL PANEL (panels of steel), and such, to help really give each map it's own feel? Updated Magnets : The magnet system in HALO 4 is a great addition, and can allow for brainstorming in amazing speed, but, it can be imprecise at times. So, why not modify the simple toggle of MAGNETS from on and off, to something more....utilitarian? My suggestion, MAGNET STRENGTH, with settings of NONE, showing no magnets in place, to BASIC, showing the HALO 4 Magnet grid, followed by POINT, where any hard edge point (sharp corners and the like) hold the Magnet points, and ending with FULL, where every edge of an item is covered in individual magnet points, allowing the user to place the items for certainty by "climbing" the magnet points until they reached the desired point. (this will be useful later, as well.) ITEM STATES : This is another aesthetic option for items, that would allow one to show FORGE pieces in damaged states, (think of Sword Base from Halo REACH BETA to Sword Base release), and in the same option grid as COLOR and TEXTURE, show options as "Clean", (no damage) "Scorch" (flame residue) "Bullet" (bullet holes) or other options and combinations. This could also be treated how the "Jersey Barrier" items can take damage and degrade, and show in gameplay.

GAMEPLAY

MOVEMENT : Halo's movement is great as is, but there's one game that gets me more involved through it's movement system, that's easily translated to HALO with no change of controls needed.... the Battlefield series. Slides and vaults and ladder climbing all bring me into the game and make for even more adrenaline moments, all which could be recorded easily with the XBOX ONE. These movements can be added with no trouble, and no changes to controls, really. SPRINTING is now a constant on Halo's control scheme, so, CROUCH from a SPRINT could make one slide into the crouch, yes? Possibly even prone. (not sure on that one, but, HOLDing CROUCH could function to make one prone, I suppose, and either JUMP, SPRINT, or CROUCH could rise your Spartan). As for Vaulting, (mantling, climbling, what have you), why not just HOLD JUMP towards an appropiate edge to have your Spartan (a SUPER. SOLDIER, mind you) just lift himself over that edge? Finally, ladders. May sound pointless, but it would be a simple addition that could allow map makers and machinima makers more leeway with layouts and rooms. How to make a ladder work in HALO 5 or 6? No, not the "Floating Walk" of Halo 1. "HOLD X TO USE" or whatever your Vehicle entry system is. Spartan's need not be defenseless during this, either, with full head tilt allowed, and a forced pistol, for defense or offence. Ladders could also be assembled in pieces from FORGE, with Magnet systems, with certain items having an option grid of whether or not they are a LADDER item in game. From RAINBOW SIX (mentioned shortly after this) we could also take WALL LEAN and COVER systems. Again, not much needs changed. Approach a wall, look at it , and click in your scope, to take COVER against it. LEANS and BLIND FIRE are easy additions from that simple addition. This may cause issues when strafing an entry way, but, if it snaps you into cover, it's not like it's causing you harm. CUSTOMIZATION : Another title that is a great FPS, that offers customization of ones armor, even their face, and adds tactical combat to the basic "SHOOT GUN RESPAWN" recipe, is the RAINBOW SIX titles (well, the VEGAS ones, anyways). If next gen consoles are as powerful as reputed, then, it should be able to handle sixteen players a match who may, if desired, have used the KINECT to scan in their face, as RAINBOW SIX did with the XBOX LIVE VISION camera, onto their Spartan's, and with a simple "X TO TOGGLE" when customizing their HELMET's, have gone into battle without one. "But what about all the vaccum enviroments that you come across?" Force helmets on those maps, which is why it's a TOGGLE, and not selection in the HELMET menu, so they still are showing a helmet they like. Go a step further, like RAINBOW SIX did, and have mouth movement during speech through the headset. Small impact on gameplay, GREAT impact on immersion and Machinima purposes. STANCES : Halo 4 implemented the STANCE cards, to show your Spartan in the player lobby, and while great, I feel an oppurtunity was missed, as Halo 4 also brought Weapon Commendations into the HALO game series. So, why not, if I've "Mastered" a weapon's commendations, give me two or three STANCE cards featuring that weapon, letting me show a little more of my preferences and style in the lobby? ARMOR / WEAPON SCHEMES : What I mean here, is, for more variety and showcasing, why not have certain armor chest pieces apply a skin to certain weapons? For instance, a Knight armor chest might change the energy sword to a broad sword, complete with new sheath, and the Hardlight Shield to a tower shield, while the Gravity Hammer into a greatsword. (for fun, let's through the FLAG graphic on the back for a cape), or, bring back the Katana armor, which would not only change your energy sword to a katana, but also change the look of your knife in assassinations, to a tanto or kunai? A BRUTE armor chest (perhaps a Brute Chieftain's armor) could change the gravity hammer into a large club. These would NOT effect gameplay, as they are only skins, after all. I'm out of time, so I can't go into detail of a proposed new gametype, a mix of FORGE and THEATRE, which would be for Machinima makers, turning the SCOREBOARD into an EMOTE selection, ranging from holstered weapons to waving, sitting, or more, but, what I have listed, I hope will cause other's to share their own thoughts and hopes, and maybe some opinions of my own. These are all changes that would not alter gameplay too far, while opening the game to even more potential directors and architects."

So, there's that.

I know this is late, but I think It would be nostalgic for me and a lot of other players to feel the old Halo feel again. Like the original Halo music NEEDS to come back. It made Halo.... well Halo. The title screen doesn't feel right without it, if that makes sense. The game doesn't have the Halo awe to it without the soundtrack. I want to open up the game and feel like I'm back in the Halo universe. And obviously we're far into the game to go backwards in multiplayer; but it seems to me that it would be a great idea to at least have gametypes based off of old Halo ie. no armor abilities, no classes, old maps/vehicles, etc. Nothing was very old Halo player friendly in Halo 4 which is why it lost most of the Halo community in my opinion. I also missed being an Elite in multiplayer, first game without it in awhile. In my opinion if they want to bring the Halo community back, they have to bring Halo back. 

The Reach way of lobbying coming back, NO PLAYER CARDS !

Because it was easier to see all the players in the game...

My idea is that Lets say the player like the BR... So lets say he gets 500 kills with his BR he unlocks a new cool BR Stance and maybe Skin.

Let say he gets 200 assists with his BR he gets a new stance and a skin.

Lets then say he unlocks all available BR skins he unlocks a cool new endgame BR skin and stance.

This could be done for all weapons

Like 100 kills with a fuel rod you get a cool fuel rod stance and if possible you could also have skins for power weapons too. :)

Edited by Caboose the Ace

Having just finished the single player Halo 4 game (I don't PVP, I just like the Halo storyline, and prior to Halo 4, I've only ever played Halo 1-3), I signed up for this forum specifically to post what I'd like to see (and not see) in Halo 5. :)

1) Get rid of the Prometheans, or make them flesh and blood. The whole Robot/AI/"digital intelligence" thing is just . . . unsatisfying. The covenant is fun to kill because well, probably because I'm a horrible person and the idea of a family of grunts holding a funeral for a slain member that I ran down and melee-ed to death because they aren't worth wasting the ammo to kill them just makes me giggle. The Flood was fun to kill because an invasive parasitic organism that causes you to rise as a zombie offers a primal fear against disease to fight against. I realize it's all pixels, but it's still less fun to destroy robots unless they have established personalities like Guilty Spark, Glados, or the Transformers. Having said that, please don't take the low hanging fruit by making Cortana one of the villains of Halo 5.

2) FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY ADD MORE COMEDIC RELIEF! Angst and tension are fine in small amounts but this is a game about being a superhuman space marine playing alien shoot em up. The cowardly grunts, just about every word out of Sgt Johnson, Cortana's wit, and the fact that the gravemind looked like the plant monster from little shop of horrors kept the games from getting too serious. Halo 4 had some humor, but I would like to see a return to Halo 1 & 2 levels of humor in Halo 5. You can leave the ultra-seriousness and teenager levels of dramatic angst to other, lesser, game franchises.

3) Please make the single player game longer than 8 hours to complete on normal difficulty. I realize that's probably not going to happen, but I'm finding it harder and harder to justify spending the amount of money I spend on groceries for an entire month on a game if it has so little offline single player content.

4) On an entirely cosmetic note, please bring back the shiny blue plasma rifles. They were pretty, and I miss them.

So, I've just added another thing to my list of wants, thanks to a youtube I'm subscribed to named TheCrazedSpartan! He recently made a video talking about the idea of implementing a custom weapon skin creator being implemented into Halo 5 (one kind of similar to Forza's custom paint system that allows players to give their in-game cars awesome paint jobs).

I think it would be a great feature and that it would allow people who aren't master forgers to be more creative! I initially wanted more pre-made weapon skins like those in Halo 4 but now that I've seen this video, I really want the ability to create custom skins.

1. HIGH TTK, I don't want to play a sequel to Titanfall.  Low TTK ruins FPS.

Campaign mode like StarCraft II with Jim R.  MC with his own ship being able to explore planets with main objectives and side objectives.

Multiplayer where Clan/Guilds can square off on an epic level.   Several planets/maps simultaneously, each planet is a hardpoint, each Faction possesses a carrier and each Faction must capture all 3 planets to be able to assault the opposing carrier (space battles).  This would be a beautiful blend of RPG, FPS and RTS.