The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

• 2 weeks later...

I trust the community well enough to know that it has given a lot of just feedback on how halo should be to 343. So I am just going to stick to one thing here. I am also glad to hear rumors that 343 is taking the community into consideration now more than ever. If I had to add anything I would say, it would be:

Online Halo 2 Clan System this one is pretty much self explanatory. I can't imagine 343 wouldn't know what this is and how it works, but in the "good old days," I feel like this was a huge factor in how the community developed. Sure we have our communities in halo 4 and in reach that pertain to clan websites and little clicks, but this could really help keep players invested and coming back for more. Most people that i have discussed this with online (even randoms) have agreed that this would be something that they would like to use. I have never had any background in game development and networking, i'm not necessarily sure how much work this undertaking would be but it would be another really good incentive for the community. Maybe jazz it up a little bit though 343? if you decide to do it anyways? much thanks. 

I trust the community well enough to know that it has given a lot of just feedback on how halo should be to 343. So I am just going to stick to one thing here. I am also glad to hear rumors that 343 is taking the community into consideration now more than ever. If I had to add anything I would say, it would be:

Online Halo 2 Clan System this one is pretty much self explanatory. I can't imagine 343 wouldn't know what this is and how it works, but in the "good old days," I feel like this was a huge factor in how the community developed. Sure we have our communities in halo 4 and in reach that pertain to clan websites and little clicks, but this could really help keep players invested and coming back for more. Most people that i have discussed this with online (even randoms) have agreed that this would be something that they would like to use. I have never had any background in game development and networking, i'm not necessarily sure how much work this undertaking would be but it would be another really good incentive for the community. Maybe jazz it up a little bit though 343? if you decide to do it anyways? much thanks. 

heh, post "404"

Here's a campaign idea for you guys down at 343 working hard. If you need any other characters, do not forget about Gunnery Sergeant Buck. Include him as a spartan IV who could be chosen just like Sarah Palmer. Us halo fans would love to see this and It would give you guys a chance to work with the amazing actor Nathan Fillion. I can

almost guarantee that he would be for the idea, he loves halo!

• Like 1

@CannibalisticTurtle Why do you feel so strongly about Personal Loadouts? I don't like them in their current form because of the long-ranged primaries at spawn (discourages map movement and outperforms automatics at anything but CQC), Plasma Pistol/Boltshot secondaries (gimmicked sidearms with lackluster damage and unbalanced overcharges that destroy vehicular combat and offer 1-shot-kills), Tactical Packages/Support Upgrades (perks), and Armor Abilities at spawn (they make combat too random and go against "equal starts" in Halo). Keep in mind that "equal" and "identical" are two different things. These parts of loadouts can be removed, allowing only choice between AR/BR/Storm Rifle/Carbine, Magnum/perhaps a "Needle Pistol"? (like a miniature Needle Rifle balanced to be the Magnum's counterpart), and maybe Frags/'Stickies' (I know there's a lot of hatred for Plasma Grenades at spawn, but that's due to them being unbalanced compared to Frags). If Frags had a larger blast radius and retained its short fuse and ricochet factors, while Plasmas had a smaller blast radius and did less damage to vehicles, I think they could be balanced and equal. Armor Abilities should be placed on-map with limited usage "charge", similarly to how Halo 3's Equipment worked, but not necessarily a "one-use-only" deal.

Halo ideas

1.  Top secret ONI ODST Spartans with armor and tech significantly superior than that of the UNSC Spartans and the Master Chief himself.  These ONI ODST's turned Spartan number in the thousands and have an agenda of their own.  They are quick to attack any who interfere with their plans, covenant and UNSC alike.  In other words...THEY DO NOT EXIST!

2.  We find out the Librarian had put the seeds of life for Forerunners on the Halo rings.   As they all died off their race would flourish again along side the rest of species that occupy the galaxy.  

We find out that the  Prophets and the Brutes have imprisoned these new Forerunners in hope of finding the Forerunner weapon stash the Elites are trying to find.

Technologically, Forerunners are on par with humanity and know nothing of their past history.

3.  Things that should return:

Every race of the Covenant (plus new races) with each having two distinct subgroups like jackals and skirmishers to keep from fighting the same looking enemy each time.  

Every weapon and vehicle from Halo:CE to Halo 4 

Noble six survives!

BRING BACK DEPLOYMENTS!!!

4.  Bring back firefight and Spartan Ops.

Have a career mode incorporated into that game mode where you start off as a marine private and depending on what route you want to take advance to an ODST or a Spartan.

5.  We need a longer campaign and a free range open world. The Arbiter needs to return introducing his home world.  We need a explanation on to why we are fighting the Elites again.  

6.  Implement the cover system, using a blind fire option as well as a lean and peak/shoot.  go prone as well as crawl...no dive.

7.  Give armor customization a purpose, increasing and decreasing stats depending on which equipment is attached.  This will give the player a chance to choose what tactics they would like to use; stealth, run & gun, heavy weapons, etc.

8.  Introduce the lore on Precursors and their technology and philosophy.  How they relate with the Forerunners

9.  Express just how big the Milky Way Galaxy is.  Where the UNSC and the Covenant only occupy a very small portion.  This opens up the possibilities for more allies and enemies or even a war between two opposing factions and UNSC and Covenant get caught in the middle.  The Flood is a universal enemy but it would be interesting to see them allied with another group.  

10.  Chakas, Riser and the Lord of Admirals should make an appearance as ghosts in Forerunner machines.  Begin to reveal ancient human technology but only as information on how to acquire.  NO WEAPON STASH!!!

I don't know what it was exactly about the Halo 4 audio that made me want to punch an orphan, but I would like it if they didn't make everything sound so crunchy. I also would really like it if all the music didn't sound like trash and I want the old sounding grunts. I would really appreciate it too if they all looked how they used to! I think the Arbiter would be a great idea for Halo 5 as well.

I for one think that 343 Industries should add all the weapons from all the halo games into Halo 5, to make an epic battle between the new enemies in Halo 5, as you all saw in Halo 4 that there was some new enemies such as The Dictator and many more, such as the planet's protection aliens. As for the allies, I suggest some new characters and some of the old. Such as Cortana, Dr.Halsey, Serina, (cortana and serina possibly teaming up some way or another) or Master Chief saving Cortana in some way. There are many possibilites for vehicles in Halo, though. I do want the Banshees in, the warthog, the pelicon, and many other old vehicles mentioned throughtout all the Halos, including new inventions of the human mind, possible that Dr.Halsey creates a new type of vehicle, or something. I also think we should have more plasma weapons but this time more deadlier. Such as a Plasma Machine Gun, which can easily burn you up if you don't have the right stuff.  But thats just me...

hello, I'm a great fan of halo,this is my opinions:

- Have a real map editor (like Far Cry 3 in more sought). Possibility of placing AI, events (such as trains, cars that move on their own)

- Return of the Baptism of Fire

-Added defense mode of baptism of fire(or another mode of the same kind). by cons for dead players I think have an important role , every minute  they can send  marines , weapon or equipment see a power-up , or send the auto turrets , a barricade or something . Or rather they play against the other teams , it becomes like the gravedigger and can send parasites (including some that could temporarily controlling ) on the battlefield enemy, which would create big fights between human, covenant and parasite. Like that the team with more dead in a team ,increases more luck for the survival of this team,the dead player have the right to support their team, despite their small numbers.

Repeat my message to the forum 343 industries if you are agree with me .thanks

-It would be nice if we can Put the emblems of Reach and halo 4

,put of tattoos, stickers on the spartan. Choose several races covenants(hunter,grunt,elite,raptor), several class humans (marines,spartan) same the Prometheans might be controlled.

that would be cool a city with roads, building or a blank map where we could place the buildings and edit the building (make holes, doors, windows), trace its roads ,place the brokens cars, add land to extend the map,place the tunnel ,put the civils,the cars ,trains and aircrafts that move automatically

I have the best idea EVER!!! :awesome:  When the Halo Wars started, it was kinda a surprise, at least when some of the planets that humans inhabited were invaded, that was a surprise.

So, here is my great idea. When the planets that humans lived on were invaded, it was a surprise. So, some of these planets that were invaded were evacuated. In fact, they were evacuated rather quickly... somewhat. So, because the evacuations were rather quick and somewhat chaotic, there was probably a lot of confusion. Because of all the confusion and chaos, not everyone on the planets that should have been evacuated, were evacuated. Instead, some of the people on the planets would have most likely have been left behind. What would the people left behind do after they knew that they could not leave the planet? They would be civilians and some soldiers and would possibly have grouped together to form small groups.

Anyway, that is not what I am telling you. Some of the people that would have been left behind would have been soldiers. These soldiers would try to survive for as long as they could and they probably would form groups with other soldiers that they found. These groups of soldiers would simply stay and live on the planet because they would not be able to leave. And, of course they would keep their weapons and armor and all that to survive.

Now, what am I getting at? Well, I read that in Halo 5, Master Chief would be able to go to different planets. When he goes to these different planets he would most likely be by himself... with no one else... all alone. And, you all know that it is cool when playing Halo and you get help from other UNSC soldiers, right? RIGHT.  :w00t:

Know, what I am saying is, when Master Chief is fighting... a lot of "stuff", wouldn't it be cool if he was fighting and out of no were he heard gun fire or yelling or something like that. And, when master Chief looks to see what it is, he sees that it is a small group of UNSC soldiers that are helping him... we will just say that these soldiers were spying on Master Chief and that is how they figured out who he was and where he was and that he could use some help. 

I also, thought that Master Chief could end up finding these people himself. He could be like walking through a forest or a ruined city or something. And, while he is walking, he could stop because of a noise. Then, he would start to look around, get his gun ready to fire, and a split second before firing, he would see who he was about to fire at, some former UNSC soldiers who were left behind after the planet was evacuated.    :thumbsup:  What do ya think?

I have the best idea EVER!!! :awesome:  When the Halo Wars started, it was kinda a surprise, at least when some of the planets that humans inhabited were invaded, that was a surprise.

So, here is my great idea. When the planets that humans lived on were invaded, it was a surprise. So, some of these planets that were invaded were evacuated. In fact, they were evacuated rather quickly... somewhat. So, because the evacuations were rather quick and somewhat chaotic, there was probably a lot of confusion. Because of all the confusion and chaos, not everyone on the planets that should have been evacuated, were evacuated. Instead, some of the people on the planets would have most likely have been left behind. What would the people left behind do after they knew that they could not leave the planet? They would be civilians and some soldiers and would possibly have grouped together to form small groups.

Anyway, that is not what I am telling you. Some of the people that would have been left behind would have been soldiers. These soldiers would try to survive for as long as they could and they probably would form groups with other soldiers that they found. These groups of soldiers would simply stay and live on the planet because they would not be able to leave. And, of course they would keep their weapons and armor and all that to survive.

Now, what am I getting at? Well, I read that in Halo 5, Master Chief would be able to go to different planets. When he goes to these different planets he would most likely be by himself... with no one else... all alone. And, you all know that it is cool when playing Halo and you get help from other UNSC soldiers, right? RIGHT.  :w00t:

Know, what I am saying is, when Master Chief is fighting... a lot of "stuff", wouldn't it be cool if he was fighting and out of no were he heard gun fire or yelling or something like that. And, when master Chief looks to see what it is, he sees that it is a small group of UNSC soldiers that are helping him... we will just say that these soldiers were spying on Master Chief and that is how they figured out who he was and where he was and that he could use some help. 

I also, thought that Master Chief could end up finding these people himself. He could be like walking through a forest or a ruined city or something. And, while he is walking, he could stop because of a noise. Then, he would start to look around, get his gun ready to fire, and a split second before firing, he would see who he was about to fire at, some former UNSC soldiers who were left behind after the planet was evacuated.    :thumbsup:  What do ya think?

5.  We need a longer campaign and a free range open world. The Arbiter needs to return introducing his home world.  We need a explanation on to why we are fighting the Elites again.  

The books explain this. ONI camptured Jul' Mdmaa and experimented on him. He then found out that humanity was planning to betray the elites and wipe them out anyways. After escaping, Jul' came across a group of Sangheli monks that still followed the way of the great journey, who he convinced (he kinda lied to them) into serving under him to fight the humans again. they didnt touch on this at all, not all of the elites are fighting us again. The arbiter is leading his own band of resistance against Jul', and sanghelios is a civil warzone.

Alright so I am going to break this down here...

I know a lot of people like the feel of Halo 4 gameplay and everything that comes with it.  Then again, there are also people like me who absolutely love the Halo 3 gameplay.

What I think Halo 5 should have is a classics playlist.

Bare with me on this here:

First off, have the matchmaking menu set up like Halo 3 so it is easy to navigate and you have more options for customization throughout and can give that diversity feel.

Second, have the normal playlists like the Halo 4 and Halo Reach style fighting, THEN have a classic playlist.  Bringing back Classic slayer, classic snipers, classic team doubles and lone wolves.  Have it feel almost exactly like Halo 3.  I know for a fact that millions of players would love it.  Halo 3 just became available free to download with gold on the marketplace October 16th.  Before then, the halo servers had about 5,000 players on it at once.  Now that it is free with gold, there is about 17,000 or more people on it at a time! 

I also strongly believe that the old ranking system should be brought back into the mix.

You start off as a recruit and you get 1 experience point per match and need to gain true skill levels to get to certain ranks.  To me that is the perfect system as it limited boosting with the large servers, and it also allowed players to have two different challenges when trying to get to that beloved General grade 5 rank at 50 true skill and 5,000 experience. 

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the old custom games styles!!!!

I literally quit playing Halo 4 altogether because I couldn't get all my friends together and play the good ole fat kid that everyone knew, or play a normal game of zombies.  I spent hundreds if not thousands of hours playing custom games, mainly infection, when Halo 3 was popular and if that comes back with the new forging abilities, I will spend that much time and then some!  And I am sure many will as well!

What I want:

1. Playable Elites

2. Return of The Arbiter

3. Precursor enemies and weapons (if not H5, then 6)

4. Physical remnants of the prehistoric humans discovered

5. Explanation of where 343 Guilty Spark's remnants went, and what that crashed ship from the anniversary terminals was.

6. Didact alive

7. Halsey and the janus key as a major plot element.

8. The Flood.

What I don't want:

1. Brutes (that chapter's closed, leave them alone).

• Like 1

As stated, I would absolutely love for NPC's to be present and able to be placed in Forge mode, to have some type of enemy/friendly NPC spawn points! That way if we players played the edited map on a certain game type, such as slayer or another, NPC's could be fought as well. In a way I want players to be able to create, for lack of a better word, "Tower Defence" maps with the enemy spawn points, where we, the players, would be attacking the enemy base that has the spawn points in it or something like that.

To have the pelican and many other vehicles present in forge mode would be amazing as well

I am a huge fan of armor customization/ Cosmetic customization of my spartan/elite, I would like to see many options and more customization for armor pieces, armor/emblem colors (Possibly a Color Slider/More color options), and maybe more customizable emblems or their locations on your spartan or elite.

As stated, I would absolutely love for NPC's to be present and able to be placed in Forge mode, to have some type of enemy/friendly NPC spawn points! That way if we players played the edited map on a certain game type, such as slayer or another, NPC's could be fought as well. In a way I want players to be able to create, for lack of a better word, "Tower Defence" maps with the enemy spawn points, where we, the players, would be attacking the enemy base that has the spawn points in it or something like that.

To have the pelican and many other vehicles present in forge mode would be amazing as well

I am a huge fan of armor customization/ Cosmetic customization of my spartan/elite, I would like to see many options and more customization for armor pieces, armor/emblem colors (Possibly a Color Slider/More color options), and maybe more customizable emblems or their locations on your spartan or elite.

and think about it, being able to recreate the battle of Helm's Deep, where you and your freinds go against NPC's while you storm whatever Keep, Castle, Beach, or anything you want to destroy as its filled with NPC Covenant, Forerunners, Flood (the flood could attack you), or maybe even enemy Marines, what if you could change the team color or maybe just the enemy/friendly type settings for a game type? The possiblities would be endless and the game would never get old, you could download other peoples maps and it would be amazing! 

• Like 1

Promethean Dragon:
Forerunner Skycraft V-TOL:

This Aircraft would have something in common with the Light Rifle. It has two modes.
First mode or Hover mode works similar to the Hornet, It has a Launcher that Fires Incineration Cannon Blasts but has long recharge time, and some soupped up dual suppressor cannons. The second mode is like the banshee, it has its manouverability and trick, but at the cost of the Incineration cannon launcher. Pressing "Y" would activate these changes and the respective tricks are the same. 

UNSC wolf:
One man scout vechicle:
This Bike style vechicle would act like a UNSC ghost, but its base move ment speed is faster but it has nno boost ability, but it has explosive shots much like the brute chopper.

Storm Locust:
Storm Mech 

Technically not a new vechicle but new to Mainstream games, the locust would provide a storm alternative to the mantis.