The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

God there is so much stuff here. I'm not even going to try to read through all this lol

Anyway... I was thinking about Interactive maps. Would be cool to have more maps that feature some form of interactivity in them. Like Zanzibar from Halo 3, with the Gate lowering, and the Bridge lower button.

I know the new map Vertigo has 2 buttons that fry Player shields in the vicinity of platforms on the map, so that's a good step forward. Plus I remember someone at 343 saying like "It's about time we included Player activated events or whatever in future new maps" or something like that.

Want 343 to add : 

1.) True Skill Rank, posted for everyone to see like in halo 2.

2.) Bring back duel weilding.

3.) Way Way more weapon skins, Im talking 100's of  different skins, Exclusive skins for doing specific objectives, example: 2 head shots with one sniper shot unlocks a weapon skin.

4.)  Have an armor forge to completely customize your armor and color, not just a selected color scheme but you can chose any color you want.

5.)  More Mech's that you can use,  Have Mech classes one for taking out banchees, one for taking out Hunters and wraith, even one to take out a scarab. A Mech against forerunner tech since the UNSC now know the new enemies it will face. Go Big! even a 2 person mech like the scorpion & wraith.

Want 343 to take out:

1.) pointless to reach a point level 50 then unlock specializations, unlock them differently

as you play threw games the more objectives you do unlocks a specialization, get an amount of head shots unlocks specialization etc.. your game play reflect the specializations unlocked. Make it more challenging. 

From my topic on the Halo Waypoint forums:

(Disclaimer: these are my opinions)

Loadouts should not be as extensive/over-complicated as they are in Halo 4. Make it where your primary weapon choices are: AR, BR, or DMR (no reason, canonically or otherwise, why S-IVs are issued Covenant/Promethean weapons). Same goes for sidearms and grenades, so I think Magnum and Frags should be default and unchangeable (this gets rid of the problems with N00B combos, PP/Plasma grenades, and Boltshot at spawn). Resupply is now, or rather once again, a default characteristic (no reason to over-complicate the elegant "golden triangle" dynamic of firearm-grenade-melee that has been around since CE). That said, no support upgrades/tactical packages or AAs at spawn. Rather than having Sprint as an innate ability of all players, increase base player speed and allow the choice between Sprint and Evade as such (choose between increased mobility or maneuverability).

I feel that the Covenant arsenal should once again include the Needle Rifle (balanced to be the counterpart to the DMR, as the Storm Rilfe is to the AR and the Carbine is to the BR). Brute weapons and grenades should also return, with the Brute Shot (replacing Concussion Rifle), Mauler (replacing Boltshot), Spiker Rifle (heftier Spiker with Retro Lancer-like design), and Spike/Incendiary grenades. Brute vehicles, mainly the Brute Chopper, should also return.

The Promethean arsenal should receive a damage boost, making them more effective versions of their UNSC/Covenant counterparts. The Boltshot, however, should stay out of multiplayer.

Armor Abilities and weapons, not just a few power weapons, should be placed on the map. This puts more emphasis on map control and should remain a recognized staple of Halo.

Ordinance should only be able to drop Armor Abilities. That said, a few AAs that I think should return (or be made) are: Bubble Shield, Regen Field, Hologram, Active Camo (but with changes to promote movement rather than camping), Gravity Lift (substitute for Jetpack in multiplayer), and the EMP Mine (releases EMP to drop shields and stop vehicles, but doesn't kill). The thing that made Equipment work seems to be that they affected the map, rather than affecting how the player's worked. i think 343i needs to keep that in mind when designing/balancing AAs in the future.

Flood Survival (FireFight)

Ledgend1221, on 31 Jul 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:snapback.png

It's a good idea.

Adds more to Firefight.

I can see it like this:

You set the the options for the flood.

You set the weapons they spawn with and if they even have weapons.

You enable Pure flood forms or disable them.

AI:

You could have both UNSC and Covie AI.

Your choice: Elite or Spartan would determine which AI is your allie.

Have both UNSC and Covie AI spawn, setting up three way firefights.

Choose what allies and enemies you get and what weapons they have.

Hazards:

Dead bodies at start: For the flood to use.

Weapons and Ammo on map: Three way brawl anyone?

Sentinels: Sentinels sometimes appear and proceed to attack everyone on the map.

Armed Gunships: Phantoms and Pelicans have weapons that they use when they drop off units.

Allied Suppot: Things like weapon drops, ODSTs and Zealots.

Random Infections: AI allies ( and hostiles!) may randomly turn due to Flood spores.

Also, the maps could get a special backround and atmosphere.

For example, instead of just New Mombassa with the standard bullets and random explosians, we got NM with fires, that green, flood mist and visible Flood infections (Gravemind too if they want to).

These options allow the differeance between Fighting a war, having a chance at victory to fighting a losing battle, possibly being the last non-infected lifeforms on the planet.

the so called top posts are terrible I understand that it would be cool to be tons of species online and have big overpowered vehicles but the game would lose balance something I know I don't want so don't post anything that will kill in multiplayer and even solo campaign  because the halo campaign is no fun without super difficult legendary campaigns.

all I want is a falcon all halo 4 vehicles a smashing campaign some old weapons such as brute shot and other but also all of halo 4's weapons and finally a new unsc sniper zoom interface I really don't like the new one and how much kick back is on it.

• Like 2

1) Dual wielding

2) Flood return (but make it scary like dead space)

3) Massive battles. I know everyone was disappointed on the halo reach level tip of the spear. Giant battle takes place but we didn't even engage in it...disappointment.

4) Opening cut scenes that correspond with each multiplayer game type. Such as slayer opening scene that shows you and your team Spartans falling from a drop pod, pelican or something. Something to hype the opening battle

5)  Bring back invasion

6) Play as different royals in game types (ODST, elites, brutes, Prometheans, marines etc) sounds good with invasion

7) More customizable armor verity such as adding on tactical knives, ammo packs, place emblem where wanted, etc. we want to feel we can actually fully customize our Spartans the way we want. I want my Spartan to look like he's built for war.  fully customizable flood armor, fully customable covenant armor, promethean armor, ODST armor, Marine armor. whoever we play as in whatever game type

8) find a way to make each player customizable spartan color and armor stand out without confusion in multiplayer. We’ve see enough of blue vs. red which I love but I want to stand out more.

9) Different verity of beating campaign levels like sneaking threw assonating or guns blazing. Different routes or paths to give replay value

10) Bring back TRUE SKILL in multiplayer like halo 2 and 3

11) Bring back CLANS

12) a game type with more people for big team battles with huge maps. example 25 vs 25 with squads broken up into 5s each squad plays a role for the outcome of the whole team

13) Campaign should always give you a reason to replay. Skulls, hidden Easter eggs

14) I want to see more diverse multiplayer maps. Example a city map that actually looks and feels like a city with you in the middle. Not some back ally. I want to feel the halo universe around me lol

15) More diverse campaign levels like halo 2.

16) Give us weather. Storms, blizzards, sand storms, and etc in multiplayer.  Something that makes the map feel alive.  (A map inside the gravemind with pulsing walls and oozing surfaces

17) Bring back the ODST weapons. it can change the dynamic of the game. Example the silencer SMG but weaker and shorter distance in multiplayer. Silencer pistol.

18) Longer campaign

19) Campaign levels that don’t always require you to push a button then go here bush another button then go back and push the same button scenario.

20) Give us a unique way of responding like a pelican coming and dropping you back off or a drop pod dropping you back into battle. This is war let’s make it feel like war!

May be thinking small here...

Auto Forge and Auto Invite for Customs

I don't think too many new Halo players are hardcore forgers, and this might just be a cool thing to put in for the hell of it. If auto forging were implemented in Halo 4 it would only be pretty basic. Manual forging would still be way more creative and advanced. The way I think of it is that you would press the Y button at the Forge lobby screen to toggle between auto and manual forging. In auto forge you would have to option to set the dynamics for around 4 or 5 different forerunner monitors (like 343 Guilty Spark). One monitor might have options for auto-building the map's structure by placing ramps, bunkers, and etc. Another one may have settings for how the map will play (auto forging should probably only work for one gametype at a time). So if someone is auto forging a slayer map there will be settings for "general weapon palette", "max / minimum power weapons", "vehicle palette", "racy" (meaning spawn times for weapons are really fast or something), "paced" (meaning weapons spawn times are slower), and etc. For Custom games there should be an option to automatically invite recent players who you last played a game with. And this is a map generator. Not a "map maker". The map would be generated before you spawn in.

Pinging

I think this would be a cool element to add. In most playlists players would not be able to see where weapons, grenades, etc. are on maps via their HUD unless they're within 15 meters of them. When players press up on the d-pad while looking at items like weapons a waypoint will show up on all other team-mates HUDs telling them where the item is. This could also apply to vehicles and objective items like flags. And if more interactable environments like gates, bridges, passage ways, and etc. are implemented again like in Halo 3 and Halo 2 then pinging could also be used to alert team-mates of their status.

Bring back equipment along with armor abilities

But I don't think equipment should be available in loadouts. They should be map pickups only. Personally I think that the promethean beam turrets should have replaced the auto-sentry armor ability in Halo 4, but it would be an equipment. This is kind of like what the OP said in his post.

Bring back the Revenant...but a little different

I had some pretty interesting vehicle battles with the Revenant in Halo Reach. Battling the wraith from mid range while dodging its mortars, zipping up close and around it to distract it from my team-mates and then retreating back to our battle line again...that was pretty cool for me. If some form of it returns I have an idea for it. This thing would be much smaller, maybe the same size as the ghost and with about the same or even less health. It would look like a spider with 4 legs, maybe like the locust, but much more agile. When it fires its gun it fires a three-round shot of red plasma mortars that explode on impact, and when it boosts it pulls its form into a ball for a short time and rolls at breakneck speed for abut 2 seconds before changing back to battle-form again. It would be awesome to see something like this in the next Halo. Maybe it could also have a bonus for splattering people like the Brute chopper from Halo 3 did. An electrical field could show up around it making it super deadly for splattering people and small vehicles.

Edited by Planet Etrius

Forge

1. Offer more variety in Forge items. 

2. Flat grassy map with large boundaries.

3. Offer the ability to customize what time of day it is (morning, before noon, afternoon, night).

4. Offer the ability to spawn backdrops like ships and planets in the skybox around the map.

5. Offer the ability to edit map settings so that certain Halo songs play at specific objectives.

Also add...

6. Bring back Precision Editing.

7. Allow us to change themes of objects independently (Forerunner, human, Covy, Flood, Etc.)

8. Give us an Undo button.

9. Give us a "remove all" button and make one for each thing separately. Like "Remove all Weapons", "Remove all Vehicles", "Remove all Scenery".

10. Allow us to add bots to maps, or at least non moving or thinking A.I. Like let us put 20 or so flood combat forms just standing inside a research test tube. Or let us place as many or as little fish that swim away as we want and where we want in water.

11. Let us customize water. Like water clarity, purity, color, deepness, temperature (Steaming hot spring or icebergs), water current speed and direction, Etc.

• Like 2

It would be cool if you added space battles,but not only controlling fighters,also if you could controll all the ship's systems,board other enemy ships and hijack them,pass from your ship to other friendly ships and Mac Stations and control the cannon and pass from space to ground and deploy reinforcements for the battle in the ground and the same to the enemy until you win or lose the battle and gain control of the planet,but your enemy also can attack your planets.It's a long shot, but if it happened it would be very, very cool as a multiplayer mode or a campaign part.

• Like 1

It would be cool if you added space battles,but not only controlling fighters,also if you could control all the ship's systems,board other enemy ships and hijack them,pass from your ship to other friendly ships and Mac Stations and control the cannon and pass from space to ground and deploy reinforcements for the battle in the ground and the same to the enemy until you win or lose the battle and gain control of the planet,but your enemy also can attack your planets.It's a long shot, but if it happened it would be very, very cool as a multiplayer mode or a campaign part.

It would be cool if you added space battles,but not only controlling fighters,also if you could controll all the ship's systems,board other enemy ships and hijack them,pass from your ship to other friendly ships and Mac Stations and control the cannon and pass from space to ground and deploy reinforcements for the battle in the ground and the same to the enemy until you win or lose the battle and gain control of the planet,but your enemy also can attack your planets.It's a long shot, but if it happened it would be very, very cool as a multiplayer mode or a campaign part.

But they already announced Battlefront 3.

I actually made a topic similar to what your saying

• 2 weeks later...

I want any guns they didn't put in halo 4 from reach and any other halo game, IN halo 5. As well, night vision in master chief campaign , including a flash light. It needs more troops in the campaign with master chief. In halo 4... It was too little, plus make em smarter cuz they literally stink at sniper (enemies or friendly). Will be nice if there was a burst on the carbine if the needler rifle, does come back or just make a burst weapon from the covenant . Any vehicles that wasn't in halo 4 from any other halo games , put it in halo 5. Oh yeah , more ammunition in the guns , please. 42 bullets in a dmr is too low. Keep it at 60 like reach. Make it like reach limit ammunition.

The Big font means it's a must to me the even bigger faunt is even more of a must to me

What I want in Halo 5 is

-Playable Elites and O.D.S.T.s in multiplayer

-Dual Wielding

-Smgs, Missle Launcher, Flamethrower, Mauler

-Flyable Pelicans, Falcons and or Hornets

-Arbiter what not suprised?

-Smarter Ai for allys in Campaign like better driving and shooting

-Better armor

-Hayabusa armor

-Firefight

-I want the credit system back

-Better crash impacts for example when a vehicle blows up or crashes there should be a hole in the floor or wall

-weather affects in forge like rain, snow, hail, fog

-placable smoke and fire 

-a promethian vehicle

-a promethian sword kinda thing

-a way to drop your weapon with a press of a button

-interactable items in forge-when you press a button a bridge extends or a door opens

-changeable visor color exactly how the armor primary and secondary color works

-night and day affects in forge

-placeable enemies in forge

-big flat circular grass space

If you have any questions or answers about about any of my demands or can tell me why these couldn't happen contact me on xbox live my name is NachoBear6970 it would really help :D

Here is an idea that has been torturing me this evening while watching professional players massacre each other in FFA matches...

A 1v1 match may be depending solely on one's skills and  decisions. It also takes the players in an all-out-experience. 1v1's are the simplest matches as far as competitive multiplayer goes. But what if you were dependent of someone else in order to make progress? Someone that analyzes the situation and creates an output for you to follow in order to beat your opponent. Of course, not so dependent that you have no involvement in the game whatsoever. Where you are allowed to make a couple mistakes but not too many.  Here's   my   idea:

Make a gametype where two players pair up in a team to beat the other(s) --Kind of like a Double Team match, but not quite-- One of the players that forms this team will not be playing as a spartan. This player will have about most knowing of what is going on in the map. (Weapon spawns, structures, grenades, etc.) This player may have the ability to float around the map (Dunno if this is actually a good dynamic) or simply put a screen with his partner on it along with a "mini-map"(?) dissecting the entire map itself. In this Mini-map, this player will have the chance to know the other team's location (This could also be debatable) along with the spawned weapons currently on the map. The spartan player on the team will merely have its normal HUD unlike his team partner. 

Let's just call these two the Slayer and the Recon guy so that I can explain myself for now.

-Of course, in this gametype, a microphone for at least one of these players is a must and could not be played properly otherwise. 

-Weapons should spawn randomly across the map to make them unpredictable to both the Slayer and the Recon guy. (I know not a lot of people liked the random weapon drops in Halo 4, but hear me out!)

-Maybe give the slayer guy the ability to see your "recon" guy's face (Just like Cortana... Yup) only if  both players wish to do so using the Xbox One's Kinect.

-Give the Slayers limited lives, since unlimited lives would pretty much hinder the purpose of the gametype. 3 to 5 lives... tops it.

- Maybe up to 3 teams can play at the same time, since 4 of them could become chaotic. Also hindering the gametype's purpose.

-If implemented in matchmaking, microphone usage should (or shouldn't?) be mandatory. If not mandatory, the game will have to recognize those who do and those who don't have a microphone and the separate them in a Microphone & No-Microphone teams. being the one with the microphone the Recon guy. If there were a pair with microphones, simply let the game pick out who-does-what at random.     Or other than all that, you could let the team members decide who does who. (In a Microphone & No-Microphone scenario) If both players choose to be the Recon guy, then the game will automatically pick the one WITH the microphone to be the Recon dude.

Please do criticize my idea as much as you wish.

That shouldn't be to hard to code, right? ...right?

Edited by JafeT7cool

what i would like is

1. drivable pelicans longs swords and phantoms liches saraphs and possibly forerunner air vehicles

2.return of halo 3 troop warthog and can sit in the back and covenant shadow from halo 2 that carried ghosts and put them in

multiplayer return of hornet falcon and halo wars hawk a covenant air vehicle that can carry people like the litch but MUCH smaller and forerunner vehicles and return of revent and AA wraith

3. change war games back to match making don't see why not

4. larger multiplayer maps with more forge possiblities

5. forge world

6. every game type has a catagory just for forge world

7. forge world with environment control tool (kinda like far cry map editor) withe these tools: arctic all water turns to ice but on certain spots if u stand to long ice brakes and you fall all ground turns to snow and it snows almost to blinding level in higher places, volcanic instead of water its lava so you can even go in shallow parts and all ground turns black and you can set fountains of lava desert no water everything is yellow like sand with cracks in the ground and an occasional sand storm taking out all shields and disabling vehicles but you can set this on or off and which direction it comes from and obstacles can block it flood (my favorite challenged by volcanic) brown murky water flood bubbles or spore things (like in halo 3 where if u pop them flood came out) and you can place tendrils that come out of the ground and grab and throw players and vehicles or flood holes that flood come out of and every few deaths depending on map game settings a flood comes out and turns bodies into flood elites or spartans and forerunner which is all forerunner themed no dirt or rock just metal the water it normal but wont kill you so you can fight under water and pillars you can place that will every few minutes will open and shoot an emp burst if you die (just like game settings for flood) a box comes out and takes the body to turn into a promethian

8. old skins for npcs and armor like halo 3 elites that actually look like menacing threatening enemies (or allies) old skins for jackals like the halo 1 mask but better and not fat jackles and halo 3 grunts the hunters are good though

9. return of dual wield defiantly dual wield

10. return of spiker mauler plasma rifle(why was this ever taken out) brute plasma rifle(halo 2 red plasma rifle that shot very fast) plasma repeater not storm rifle beam rifle from halo reach but better sentinel beam smg silenced smg and dual wield energy swords (or just in campaign)

11. return of arbiter

12. we NEED more playable species defiantly elites possibly flood versions of them but body parts don't come off Promethean or actual forerunner and brutes

13. less armor WAY less armor allot seemed like a waste of time only have like 10 or 15 sets for each species

14. all species start with 2 sets of armor

15. each species has a armor of a special character (tarturus didact arbiter) and they are all unlocked from legendary campaign

16.elite armors not in set suits full customization like Spartans same with any other species for multiplier

17. elite armor should start with combat and assault the other 8 are 1 halo 3 ascetic but updated 2 halo 2 honor guard 3 reach ranger 4 halo 2 counsler 5 reach spec ops 6 3 commando 7 halo 2 heretic (without gas coming off) and 8 halo 3 arbiter (legendary campaign when you first meet arbiter half way through)

spartan armor as always mark vi instead of cqb it should be mark v 1 halo 3 cqb 2 halo 3 eva 4 halo 3 hayabusa (kitana from legendary ending) 5 reach odst 6. halo 4 rogue 7 halo 3 recon 8 halo reach hidden skull (with armor that has a matching skin)

promethian starts with night and halo legends forerunner combat armor... 343 can think of the others but i ask for commando promethian and battle wagon ( glowing spikes on back) and 8 being didact

flood start halo 3 elite flood and odst flood 1 flood brute 2 juggernaut but smaller (halo 2 juggernaut was never put in but it was supposed to) 3 smaller flood tank form 4 elite flood but with your elite armor and tendrils out the back 5 flood spartan same as previous elite flood but with no helmet like halo 4 flood 6 flood promethian forerunner (uses your promethian armor) 7 a flood completely covered in tendrils with a few hanging off the back and they open up for eyes 8 flood with tendrils wrapping around each other forming the arms and legs secondary color is certain tendrils that create a design and the color of the eyes

brute starts with halo 2 brute and halo reach brute 1 major 2 stalker 3 jet brute 4 honor brute 5 brute fuel rod cheiften 6 reach chieften 7 hammer cheiften 8 halo 2 tartarus

18. armor attachments but no upgrade or anything just for style

​19.no load outs for multiplier to much like cod BUT keep load outs but only in firefight and able to unlock ALL weapons and armor sets kinda like halo 2 but just armor not a profile

20.an ai partner that comes with you in firefight and certain game modes and you can give it its own armor sets and firefight load outs what weapons it would pick up ect.

21. return of firefight with COMPLETE control of the squads and customization of what they have (examples i would use are odsts with base soldiers using dmr squad leader using shotgun and a secondary like support squad [reaches elite with grunts ect] of marines with snipers and their leaders have smg and they have a vehicle like a warthog [optional of course] and they come down in pelicans armed with heavy guns like halo 3) if the wave has a time limit for the next wave if they have air support from hornets or banshees or even halo wars swarm or sentinels, like in war games make after you get a certain amount of points you can all in a weapon a vehicle or allies (allies vary from what species you are spartans get odst elites get jackles or grunts promethian gets crawler or forerunner flood gets flodd allies and brutes get jackles grunts or brutes ect) and AT LEAST one forgable firefight map where you place the spawn areas for players the enemies vehicles weapon drops ect

22. a game i like to call "ground control" a game mode were theres 2-5 players can be flood forerunner elite spartan or brute each get a small base and walk over to a build spot and build a structure for supplies or recruitment or vehicle manufactureing. upgrading the base recruiting building vehicles and sending troops somewhere is controlled at a terminal near the command center  basicly halo wars on a smaller scale but on the ground with your troops upgradeing gives you new weapons at the recruitment building new vehicles better call for air support ect turrets are built near buildings and at base gates your ai partner which i mentioned earlier will always follow you and is as strong as you if fallen can be revived to win destroy enemy base core

22.instead of having to install the disc for multiplayer and wait a freakin hour keep everything on 1 disc or let the other disc just be played instead of haveing to install

23. return of enforcer (halo 2 mini boss) and able to control one possibly? return of skirmishes flood buggers (drones) that can carry allies and engineer

24. put WAY MORE EFFORT into the campaign focus less on multyplayer and more on the story

25. an ending like the first 3 halos with a race or a boss battle what i would like  for an ending would be to have a race then when you get to like an escape pelican frigit or a stolen covi or Promethean ship a boss shows up maybe didacts hand or a proto grave mind (like in halo wars)or a promethian or didact himself that when you fight maybe he has enemies come in from the ground if its a flood or teleport or fall from pods if hes didacts hand and you have allies coming out of the frigit or pods crashing with elites and marines in them, just imagine fighting a proto gravemind with flood coming out of the ground and a orange red tinted sky with pods falling in large balls of fire in the distance and odst pods and elite drop pods coming in to help you out while you fight on top of a flood infected mountain in a ancient forerunner tower in the desert of the destroyed ark or under ground with the ceiling opening and doors all around opening with enemies and allies fighting each other like a massive firefight or what looks like a final stand for a planet even in a large room with mendicant bias helping you sending in sentinels or even an enforcer to help you kill the didact it would be FANTASTIC to have a campaign like that. but i really like how halo 2 had enemies and allies coming in randomly

so yes there is my list its not in order of what i like its random but these are my top 25... in random order so thanks for reading i put allot of thought into this especially the campaign ending and ground control of how the game would work

what i would like is

1. drivable pelicans longs swords and phantoms liches saraphs and possibly forerunner air vehicles

2.return of halo 3 troop warthog and can sit in the back and covenant shadow from halo 2 that carried ghosts and put them in

multiplayer return of hornet falcon and halo wars hawk a covenant air vehicle that can carry people like the litch but MUCH smaller and forerunner vehicles and return of revent and AA wraith

3. change war games back to match making don't see why not

4. larger multiplayer maps with more forge possiblities

5. forge world

6. every game type has a catagory just for forge world

7. forge world with environment control tool (kinda like far cry map editor) withe these tools: arctic all water turns to ice but on certain spots if u stand to long ice brakes and you fall all ground turns to snow and it snows almost to blinding level in higher places, volcanic instead of water its lava so you can even go in shallow parts and all ground turns black and you can set fountains of lava desert no water everything is yellow like sand with cracks in the ground and an occasional sand storm taking out all shields and disabling vehicles but you can set this on or off and which direction it comes from and obstacles can block it flood (my favorite challenged by volcanic) brown murky water flood bubbles or spore things (like in halo 3 where if u pop them flood came out) and you can place tendrils that come out of the ground and grab and throw players and vehicles or flood holes that flood come out of and every few deaths depending on map game settings a flood comes out and turns bodies into flood elites or spartans and forerunner which is all forerunner themed no dirt or rock just metal the water it normal but wont kill you so you can fight under water and pillars you can place that will every few minutes will open and shoot an emp burst if you die (just like game settings for flood) a box comes out and takes the body to turn into a promethian

8. old skins for npcs and armor like halo 3 elites that actually look like menacing threatening enemies (or allies) old skins for jackals like the halo 1 mask but better and not fat jackles and halo 3 grunts the hunters are good though

9. return of dual wield defiantly dual wield

10. return of spiker mauler plasma rifle(why was this ever taken out) brute plasma rifle(halo 2 red plasma rifle that shot very fast) plasma repeater not storm rifle beam rifle from halo reach but better sentinel beam smg silenced smg and dual wield energy swords (or just in campaign)

11. return of arbiter

12. we NEED more playable species defiantly elites possibly flood versions of them but body parts don't come off Promethean or actual forerunner and brutes

13. less armor WAY less armor allot seemed like a waste of time only have like 10 or 15 sets for each species

14. all species start with 2 sets of armor

15. each species has a armor of a special character (tarturus didact arbiter) and they are all unlocked from legendary campaign

16.elite armors not in set suits full customization like Spartans same with any other species for multiplier

17. elite armor should start with combat and assault the other 8 are 1 halo 3 ascetic but updated 2 halo 2 honor guard 3 reach ranger 4 halo 2 counsler 5 reach spec ops 6 3 commando 7 halo 2 heretic (without gas coming off) and 8 halo 3 arbiter (legendary campaign when you first meet arbiter half way through)

spartan armor as always mark vi instead of cqb it should be mark v 1 halo 3 cqb 2 halo 3 eva 4 halo 3 hayabusa (kitana from legendary ending) 5 reach odst 6. halo 4 rogue 7 halo 3 recon 8 halo reach hidden skull (with armor that has a matching skin)

promethian starts with night and halo legends forerunner combat armor... 343 can think of the others but i ask for commando promethian and battle wagon ( glowing spikes on back) and 8 being didact

flood start halo 3 elite flood and odst flood 1 flood brute 2 juggernaut but smaller (halo 2 juggernaut was never put in but it was supposed to) 3 smaller flood tank form 4 elite flood but with your elite armor and tendrils out the back 5 flood spartan same as previous elite flood but with no helmet like halo 4 flood 6 flood promethian forerunner (uses your promethian armor) 7 a flood completely covered in tendrils with a few hanging off the back and they open up for eyes 8 flood with tendrils wrapping around each other forming the arms and legs secondary color is certain tendrils that create a design and the color of the eyes

brute starts with halo 2 brute and halo reach brute 1 major 2 stalker 3 jet brute 4 honor brute 5 brute fuel rod cheiften 6 reach chieften 7 hammer cheiften 8 halo 2 tartarus

18. armor attachments but no upgrade or anything just for style

​19.no load outs for multiplier to much like cod BUT keep load outs but only in firefight and able to unlock ALL weapons and armor sets kinda like halo 2 but just armor not a profile

20.an ai partner that comes with you in firefight and certain game modes and you can give it its own armor sets and firefight load outs what weapons it would pick up ect.

21. return of firefight with COMPLETE control of the squads and customization of what they have (examples i would use are odsts with base soldiers using dmr squad leader using shotgun and a secondary like support squad [reaches elite with grunts ect] of marines with snipers and their leaders have smg and they have a vehicle like a warthog [optional of course] and they come down in pelicans armed with heavy guns like halo 3) if the wave has a time limit for the next wave if they have air support from hornets or banshees or even halo wars swarm or sentinels, like in war games make after you get a certain amount of points you can all in a weapon a vehicle or allies (allies vary from what species you are spartans get odst elites get jackles or grunts promethian gets crawler or forerunner flood gets flodd allies and brutes get jackles grunts or brutes ect) and AT LEAST one forgable firefight map where you place the spawn areas for players the enemies vehicles weapon drops ect

22. a game i like to call "ground control" a game mode were theres 2-5 players can be flood forerunner elite spartan or brute each get a small base and walk over to a build spot and build a structure for supplies or recruitment or vehicle manufactureing. upgrading the base recruiting building vehicles and sending troops somewhere is controlled at a terminal near the command center  basicly halo wars on a smaller scale but on the ground with your troops upgradeing gives you new weapons at the recruitment building new vehicles better call for air support ect turrets are built near buildings and at base gates your ai partner which i mentioned earlier will always follow you and is as strong as you if fallen can be revived to win destroy enemy base core

22.instead of having to install the disc for multiplayer and wait a freakin hour keep everything on 1 disc or let the other disc just be played instead of haveing to install

23. return of enforcer (halo 2 mini boss) and able to control one possibly? return of skirmishes flood buggers (drones) that can carry allies and engineer

24. put WAY MORE EFFORT into the campaign focus less on multyplayer and more on the story

25. an ending like the first 3 halos with a race or a boss battle what i would like  for an ending would be to have a race then when you get to like an escape pelican frigit or a stolen covi or Promethean ship a boss shows up maybe didacts hand or a proto grave mind (like in halo wars)or a promethian or didact himself that when you fight maybe he has enemies come in from the ground if its a flood or teleport or fall from pods if hes didacts hand and you have allies coming out of the frigit or pods crashing with elites and marines in them, just imagine fighting a proto gravemind with flood coming out of the ground and a orange red tinted sky with pods falling in large balls of fire in the distance and odst pods and elite drop pods coming in to help you out while you fight on top of a flood infected mountain in a ancient forerunner tower in the desert of the destroyed ark or under ground with the ceiling opening and doors all around opening with enemies and allies fighting each other like a massive firefight or what looks like a final stand for a planet even in a large room with mendicant bias helping you sending in sentinels or even an enforcer to help you kill the didact it would be FANTASTIC to have a campaign like that. but i really like how halo 2 had enemies and allies coming in randomly

so yes there is my list its not in order of what i like its random but these are my top 25... in random order so thanks for reading i put allot of thought into this especially the campaign ending and ground control of how the game would work

some i copy pasted from my halo follower stuff but here is my profile http://forums.halofollower.com/index.php?/user/101-skorched-skulls/

also realistic damage on npc like while shooting an elite the hit after his shields go out lets say you shoot him in the right arm he'll step back hold his arm and not shoot for a few seconds  or you shoot him in the leg he kneels down and shoots while crouching shoot him in the face (not with persision weapon) he drops his gun and covers his face for a while  but hunters are unaffected

• 2 weeks later...

Things I want in Halo 5 (in no specific order):

MATCHMAKING/MULTIPLAYER:
How cool would it be to go into matchmaking and choose to host or join a custom game. Obviously if you host you choose the gametype and map. There it would be like playing customs but without the struggle of finding people or a game. It would be the best thing ever if there was any of the following: The Pit, Guardian, High Ground, Last Resort, Sandtrap, or Longshore. I want Nostalgia. Maps from Reach would be cool like countdown and spire. They shouldn't change a thing about them except for tweaking distances so it feels like the map hasn't changed. Vehicles should stay the same unless they add some that are like the ones that were originally on the map. Like in ragnarok in Halo 4 they added the mantis. I didn't like it they should have kept the wraiths on instead because why would you want to play a map if they add things that completely change the map. Instead of having about 8 maps to start with the game should start with close to 15 maps, and each have their own style, theme, and size. I am also getting bored with the lack of different environments. I would love to see some large-scale urban environments like destroyed cities, towns, or malls (or other large buildings). In Halo 3 and some maps in Reach i got a feeling of hopelesness because of the situation that matched up with the campaign which made the game even more intense. And seing destroyed buildings that mean something would bring this back. Halo 4 maps were great, mostly, but they lacked the right mood. I hate it when I join in the middle of a game because 99% of the time the other team is dominating me or the game is extremely laggy. I think you should only be able to join during a game if you were invited (unless its customs) so this wouldn't happen unless you're trying to help a friend. And whenever I play campaign, spartan ops, or firefight co-op there is a lag that makes it like I am sliding on ice and my shots and actions are delayed. I know it isn't my connection because I am normally leader in these and I almost never lag in matchmaking. This should be fixed. You should also join people that are within you and your group's kill death ratio(s) so you won't get this really campy and/or super MLG team that will just dominate you because they are either camping faggots or have way more skill than you. The same thing should happen with connection. The gametypes should sectioned off like in Reach ai: objective would contain oddball and CTF, BTB would contain large team games, and so on. You should also be searching for not only people with equal skill and connection, but with the same DLC. I bought the DLC for a reason and I don't like not playing them. There should be a gametype section that is DLC only (which includes all maps combined, and no specific DLC) which would be BTB and objective gametypes.  There has never really been a map that wasn't forged that is mainly for vehicles. I would love to see a map that is extremely large with forest, lake/river (every lake or pond is connected by a river or stream), and valley terrains that are collaged together (by that I mean that they each don't have a special section, but are mixed together so there is multiple terrain that switches for a more natural feeling like in Reach's forge world). There could be 2 scorpions, 2 wraiths, 4 ghosts, 6 mongooses, 4 warthogs, 2 helicopters, 2 banshees, 2 covenant jetskis, 2 turreted boats, 2 covenant turreted boats, and 2 jetskis. This would be the ultimate CTF and BTB map. Crashed ships would make the map really cool, but not falcons more like the beginning of Requiem in Halo 4. The ships would also add some mood to the map and maybe it could be derived from the campaign. The map should be as flat as forge world in most places except for the valley. There could be tunnels underground connecting parts of the map or maybe teleporters (not too many they mess up the gameplay). This map would be a cool gift for pre-ordering the game and EVERYBODY should get it no matter where they pre-ordered from. I want a map like this because vehicles are what seperates Halo from other games, but they are not put into maps that are great for using them. I think instead of being able to create x number of classes you should choose two or three perks that aren't sectioned off (so you can have any three you want for your type of playing). And then you should get to choose from a list of weapons at the beginning of a game like in Reach.

GENERAL:
Yes the forge environments are awesome but i would like to have a map that has island/ocean, forest, desert, canyon, and mountain biomes that are each the size of forge world that include small buildings and bases. Of course these environments would be blended together so it didn't look like they were just placed there and look like crap. The environments need to have a shape too; this includes hills, ravines, bumps, inclines, waterfalls, ditches, and cliffs. I hate it how Forge Island is only three flat islands, I do like having the flat areas but I would also like to build into the environment.  This would be cool as a BTB map that the transport is vehicle based, therefore loads of vehicles on the map. And to forge on it you clear all. It would be so cool to have sea vehicles and more air vehicles. An aquatic warthog and mongoose (as in a jetski and turret mounted boat) along with covenant sea vehicles. A helicopter (or 2) that resembles a Blackhawk and its covenant copy. Maps would need to be made with lakes or rivers for these vehicles to work like in the previous topic. Maybe even a vehicle that could be on land and water (call it the platypus lol, or the bullfrog/ turtle) it wouldn't have powerful guns if at all because it would be too over powered. The human air vehicles should have floaters at the bottom so they can't sink and would just float in the water. I would love to have a grappling gun in Halo, I understand why there isn't though. Also more of each type of weapon, it is boring only having one sniper and close ranged weapon for each class of guns. And bring back weapons from other games that were lost like the SMG and missile pod. And a really cool weapon idea is a cross between the grenade launcher in Reach and the plasma pistol and the rail gun in Halo 4. It would be charged up and shoot a big plasma pistol shot that can be shot long ranged with accuracy, therefore it would be scoped, and when it hits it would EMP everything in a certain radius around it. This would be really good to use on big vehicle based maps like in number 2. Another weapon would be a cross between the boltshot from Halo 4 and the DMR. It would do normal DMR damage but the longer you charge it the more damage it does. For instance when you don't charge it you would kill a normal spartan in about 4-5 shots but when it's medium charged ( 2 seconds ) it would take 2 shots and when it is fully charged ( 4-5 seconds ) you would blow up a ghost in one shot. Another weapon would be like a moltov but with a better spread and explosion. This would be a great anti vehicle grenade because the explosion would do damage and then cook them until they get out of their vehicle, because the fire would stay for a few seconds. I would love to see a total of about 50 guns in Halo 5. I love customizing my armor in Halo, but I feel like there is less and less each game. This includes armor effects, which I could live without. I think there should be more colors to choose from also, and maybe even an armor skin. There should be a lot more colors (please no color mixer) so the armor colors would match the visor color (also more visor colors). I don't like it how black is always a dark grey and it never looks like black. The black should be close to the midnight visor color in Halo 4 except not polished. Also the colors of the armor don't stand out enough. Having grey as your primary and forest or green as your secondary in Halo 4 didn't make the colors stand out (along with many more combinations). The colors NEED to stand out from eachother in Halo 5. Swimming (with a kill depth) would make the game a lot more adventurous, and you don't have to be able to go under water just tread water or breast stroke around so the only way you would die would to be hit by a boat, shot, or pushed under water by something. Including doors and bridges that can be opened and shut would make games a lot more interesting. Maybe that could be in an invasion or dominionesque gametype so when you capture it you can make it harder to be raided. You should be able to live stream your games to youtube to lessen the work to make a video. Interacting with your game should be easier to do and you should get a bonus for doing so, like getting the emblems, XP, and armor for finding glyphs in the game and putting them in Halo Waypoint (I personally loved this feature, it made it easier to level up if you didn't have time to play hours on end). Easter eggs in campaign (skulls in Halo 3) should reward you with an awesome prize(s). I liked the backgrounds for Halo: Reach, but not for Halo 4. I liked how it showed the mountains, plants, and rainbows on the title screen with big REACH letters sitting in the background, and it showed cool battle scenes and panning images that were different for each section (forge, theater, matchmaking, customs, and campaign). I don't like the hologram being the main image for Halo 4, and how everything is blue. Reach had lots of different colors that blended well and really set the mood, but Halo 4 lacks that.   I think that being able to choose so much of your class was too much. I think it would be much better if it was made so you go into armor customization and could choose 3 things; 2 perks and an ability. These would be used in any gametype that they are allowed in. You would be able to change them anytime you want like the classes and have to purchase them with ingame points. The armor should also be bought with ingame points and things like stances and emblems would be unlocked with commendations. You should also be able to choose many different types of assassinations that are bought with ingame points. You should still start out with the basic ones but the purchased ones would be even cooler and fancier. I especially loved how the armor in Reach included things like bullets, grenades, and other decorative things on the armor so it wasn't just a slab of metal. That is something really cool that Halo 4 lacked.

FORGE:
Forge is getting better and better each game, but I fell it is lacking things. I want there to be more diverse piece textures. You should be able to change between wood, stone, and metal textures instead of having everything be metal (metal doesn't blend with the environment and it makes things seem out of place). A higher budget and more pieces would make it even better. You should also be able to change vehicle color like the mongooses in Reach, but for every UNSC vehicle. It would be awesome if you could choose which weapons and abilities were allowed on the map so if one weapon would be too overpowered it wouldn't be a problem. You should be able to switch between the times of day (dawn, noon, dusk, and night) along with weather conditions (foggy, rain, snow, clear, cloudy) to intensify your maps features. Lighting doesn't matter too much for me, because in Halo 4 it screws up sometimes. For an example with closed rooms the objects glow and so do the people.

CAMPAIGN:
 I loved how the Halo3 campaign was on Earth most of the time, but I didn't like the lack of large cities. I think there should be more urban environments to play in that would intensify gameplay. You would be able to explore these cities and take many paths to your checkpoint. There would be snipers on the buildings and medium to close ranged troops on the ground, and maybe even in vehicles. A mission that is in the ocean with boats as the main transportation, like Shutdown from Halo4 but on the ocean. I also think that it would be cool to have some air vehicles that could be used as transportation so you aren't overpowered by the covenant banshees that will most likely be above. Maybe you could travel from small island to small island destroying enemy supplies or something. The Arbiter back. I liked playing against brutes and grunts in Halo3, and enjoyed being the Arbiter in co-op. The flood should also be a small part of the campaign. Grunts should be able to be infected by flood also. The elites shouldn't just stand and groan when they're being killed. When they see you close range ( especially the sanghellis ) they should charge at you with a sword and throw things out of their way ( and their whole body will be in movement ) even grunts, which would be funny. And when they get you they throw you or smash you into a wall, but this should only happen about 60% of the time. I want this because elites are getting more pathetic each game. You can walk past them and assassinate them with ease. Their is no fear when you see and elite going in your direction unless you're playing legendary with skulls on. Brutes should agro like they did in halo 3 when you shot their armor off, but they should be even faster and stronger.   I felt like the campaign in Halo 4 was a lot more dull than any other Halo campaign. There wasn't any big battles that you had to fight through and interesting environments. I liked how in Reach you traveled around the world doing major missions in abandoned and destroyed places (so I pretty much didn't like Requiem) and the same in Halo 3. Halo 5 needs to have in depth environments like Long Night of Solace and New alexandria from Reach and The Ark and Covenant from Halo 3. These missions included what Halo is all about; unique scenes that include huge skyboxes and backdrops with massive changing environments that include large scale vehicle battles and indoor firefights. I felt that Halo 4 lacked most of these in each mission. Instead of fighting 50 enemies at a time you only fought 10-20 enemies in a small environment. When you walked through any place in Reach or Halo 3 you could look around and see this story behind everything. You got a hopeless feeling which is what Halo is about. The cutscenes were dramatic and improved the mood, although Halo 4 did an okay job at this it wasn't enough for me.

MAKE IT FOR THE FANS NOT THE NOOBS:

Halo 4 wasn't made for the people who would stick with Halo through thick and thin. Key elements of the game that fans loved were removed from the game. I think that they should stop taking things out and only bring things back. They should also focus on improving things that were already in the game. Halo: Reach is a great example; it was supposed to be Halo's last big bang before the series ended (thankfully 343 picked it up), therefore they put 99% of their focus towards improvement. The hornet turned into the falcon and they added the revenant. Forge world came in with huge improvements towards forge, and customization was improved overall. They added way more armor and some nostalgic pieces (like the combat evolved and Halo 3 helmets). They added way more weapons that were taken out and the biggest multiplayer thing removed was dual wielding, but loadouts soothed me. That is what 343 should do. They shouldn't throw away the broken things, but simply repair it. 

the so called top posts are terrible I understand that it would be cool to be tons of species online and have big overpowered vehicles but the game would lose balance something I know I don't want so don't post anything that will kill in multiplayer and even solo campaign  because the halo campaign is no fun without super difficult legendary campaigns.

all I want is a falcon all halo 4 vehicles a smashing campaign some old weapons such as brute shot and other but also all of halo 4's weapons and finally a new unsc sniper zoom interface I really don't like the new one and how much kick back is on it.

So you don't care about anything plot-related? 

Playable Elites worked perfectly well in Halo 2 and 3. There is nothing that will prevent 343 from making them balanced. 

I honestly just want some of the vehicles from halo wars to be either invloved in the game or to be actually drivable. Out of them all I want the grizzly tank. It may be massive, but it could be used for only a specific map like the elephant or only for forge. If that is too excessive than I would love to see the cobra, which could be faster and more mobile than a scorpion, but not as heavily armed and armored.

Or maybe use the grizzly for a specific campaign mission like the mammoth in halo 4, except you can fully contol it.

1. Cortana:  The Librarian alluded to how the Forerunners attempted to bridge the organic and the digital realms through the composer.  Although this clearly didn't work in accordance with their original intention of securing flood immunity, Cortana will most likely have survived in this digital realm and also will no longer be rampant.

2. Linda, Fred, and Kelly:  These characters deserve to be in Halo 5.  They have endured the entirety of the Human-Covenant War and each character has a depth that will contribute significantly to the plot.  Besides, Master Chief after suffering the loss of Cortana also deserves to reunite with his childhood friends.  Playing certain missions as part of a team (as the original Spartans were intended to do) would also be a lot of fun.

3.  The Return of the Pre-Cursors (non-flood form):  The Librarian wanted the Ur-Didact to see the error of his ways and help humanity attain the mantle.  I believe after realizing that all the other Forerunners have perished and with the advent of an extra-galactic Pre-cursor invasion that humanity will along with the Ur-Didact take the leadership role in uniting the races of the galaxy against the Pre-cursor threat.  This would actualize the Librarian's desire for humanity to inherit the mantle from the Forerunners.