The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

In Halo 5, one thing that I would love to make a return would be the alliance between the Elites and such. Also, In matchmaking they should have custom weapon skins so you could distinguish your weapon from other players weapons, and more guns and vehicles. Also, instead of going into 3rd person when you get assassinated, it's still first person. Everything else I agree to and please, more Easter eggs and funny dialog.

Things I want in Halo 5 (in no specific order):

MATCHMAKING/MULTIPLAYER:
How cool would it be to go into matchmaking and choose to host or join a custom game. Obviously if you host you choose the gametype and map. There it would be like playing customs but without the struggle of finding people or a game. It would be the best thing ever if there was any of the following: The Pit, Guardian, High Ground, Last Resort, Sandtrap, or Longshore. I want Nostalgia. Maps from Reach would be cool like countdown and spire. They shouldn't change a thing about them except for tweaking distances so it feels like the map hasn't changed. Vehicles should stay the same unless they add some that are like the ones that were originally on the map. Like in ragnarok in Halo 4 they added the mantis. I didn't like it they should have kept the wraiths on instead because why would you want to play a map if they add things that completely change the map. Instead of having about 8 maps to start with the game should start with close to 15 maps, and each have their own style, theme, and size. I am also getting bored with the lack of different environments. I would love to see some large-scale urban environments like destroyed cities, towns, or malls (or other large buildings). In Halo 3 and some maps in Reach i got a feeling of hopelesness because of the situation that matched up with the campaign which made the game even more intense. And seing destroyed buildings that mean something would bring this back. Halo 4 maps were great, mostly, but they lacked the right mood. I hate it when I join in the middle of a game because 99% of the time the other team is dominating me or the game is extremely laggy. I think you should only be able to join during a game if you were invited (unless its customs) so this wouldn't happen unless you're trying to help a friend. And whenever I play campaign, spartan ops, or firefight co-op there is a lag that makes it like I am sliding on ice and my shots and actions are delayed. I know it isn't my connection because I am normally leader in these and I almost never lag in matchmaking. This should be fixed. You should also join people that are within you and your group's kill death ratio(s) so you won't get this really campy and/or super MLG team that will just dominate you because they are either camping faggots or have way more skill than you. The same thing should happen with connection. The gametypes should sectioned off like in Reach ai: objective would contain oddball and CTF, BTB would contain large team games, and so on. You should also be searching for not only people with equal skill and connection, but with the same DLC. I bought the DLC for a reason and I don't like not playing them. There should be a gametype section that is DLC only (which includes all maps combined, and no specific DLC) which would be BTB and objective gametypes.  There has never really been a map that wasn't forged that is mainly for vehicles. I would love to see a map that is extremely large with forest, lake/river (every lake or pond is connected by a river or stream), and valley terrains that are collaged together (by that I mean that they each don't have a special section, but are mixed together so there is multiple terrain that switches for a more natural feeling like in Reach's forge world). There could be 2 scorpions, 2 wraiths, 4 ghosts, 6 mongooses, 4 warthogs, 2 helicopters, 2 banshees, 2 covenant jetskis, 2 turreted boats, 2 covenant turreted boats, and 2 jetskis. This would be the ultimate CTF and BTB map. Crashed ships would make the map really cool, but not falcons more like the beginning of Requiem in Halo 4. The ships would also add some mood to the map and maybe it could be derived from the campaign. The map should be as flat as forge world in most places except for the valley. There could be tunnels underground connecting parts of the map or maybe teleporters (not too many they mess up the gameplay). This map would be a cool gift for pre-ordering the game and EVERYBODY should get it no matter where they pre-ordered from. I want a map like this because vehicles are what seperates Halo from other games, but they are not put into maps that are great for using them. I think instead of being able to create x number of classes you should choose two or three perks that aren't sectioned off (so you can have any three you want for your type of playing). And then you should get to choose from a list of weapons at the beginning of a game like in Reach.

GENERAL:
Yes the forge environments are awesome but i would like to have a map that has island/ocean, forest, desert, canyon, and mountain biomes that are each the size of forge world that include small buildings and bases. Of course these environments would be blended together so it didn't look like they were just placed there and look like crap. The environments need to have a shape too; this includes hills, ravines, bumps, inclines, waterfalls, ditches, and cliffs. I hate it how Forge Island is only three flat islands, I do like having the flat areas but I would also like to build into the environment.  This would be cool as a BTB map that the transport is vehicle based, therefore loads of vehicles on the map. And to forge on it you clear all. It would be so cool to have sea vehicles and more air vehicles. An aquatic warthog and mongoose (as in a jetski and turret mounted boat) along with covenant sea vehicles. A helicopter (or 2) that resembles a Blackhawk and its covenant copy. Maps would need to be made with lakes or rivers for these vehicles to work like in the previous topic. Maybe even a vehicle that could be on land and water (call it the platypus lol, or the bullfrog/ turtle) it wouldn't have powerful guns if at all because it would be too over powered. The human air vehicles should have floaters at the bottom so they can't sink and would just float in the water. I would love to have a grappling gun in Halo, I understand why there isn't though. Also more of each type of weapon, it is boring only having one sniper and close ranged weapon for each class of guns. And bring back weapons from other games that were lost like the SMG and missile pod. And a really cool weapon idea is a cross between the grenade launcher in Reach and the plasma pistol and the rail gun in Halo 4. It would be charged up and shoot a big plasma pistol shot that can be shot long ranged with accuracy, therefore it would be scoped, and when it hits it would EMP everything in a certain radius around it. This would be really good to use on big vehicle based maps like in number 2. Another weapon would be a cross between the boltshot from Halo 4 and the DMR. It would do normal DMR damage but the longer you charge it the more damage it does. For instance when you don't charge it you would kill a normal spartan in about 4-5 shots but when it's medium charged ( 2 seconds ) it would take 2 shots and when it is fully charged ( 4-5 seconds ) you would blow up a ghost in one shot. Another weapon would be like a moltov but with a better spread and explosion. This would be a great anti vehicle grenade because the explosion would do damage and then cook them until they get out of their vehicle, because the fire would stay for a few seconds. I would love to see a total of about 50 guns in Halo 5. I love customizing my armor in Halo, but I feel like there is less and less each game. This includes armor effects, which I could live without. I think there should be more colors to choose from also, and maybe even an armor skin. There should be a lot more colors (please no color mixer) so the armor colors would match the visor color (also more visor colors). I don't like it how black is always a dark grey and it never looks like black. The black should be close to the midnight visor color in Halo 4 except not polished. Also the colors of the armor don't stand out enough. Having grey as your primary and forest or green as your secondary in Halo 4 didn't make the colors stand out (along with many more combinations). The colors NEED to stand out from eachother in Halo 5. Swimming (with a kill depth) would make the game a lot more adventurous, and you don't have to be able to go under water just tread water or breast stroke around so the only way you would die would to be hit by a boat, shot, or pushed under water by something. Including doors and bridges that can be opened and shut would make games a lot more interesting. Maybe that could be in an invasion or dominionesque gametype so when you capture it you can make it harder to be raided. You should be able to live stream your games to youtube to lessen the work to make a video. Interacting with your game should be easier to do and you should get a bonus for doing so, like getting the emblems, XP, and armor for finding glyphs in the game and putting them in Halo Waypoint (I personally loved this feature, it made it easier to level up if you didn't have time to play hours on end). Easter eggs in campaign (skulls in Halo 3) should reward you with an awesome prize(s). I liked the backgrounds for Halo: Reach, but not for Halo 4. I liked how it showed the mountains, plants, and rainbows on the title screen with big REACH letters sitting in the background, and it showed cool battle scenes and panning images that were different for each section (forge, theater, matchmaking, customs, and campaign). I don't like the hologram being the main image for Halo 4, and how everything is blue. Reach had lots of different colors that blended well and really set the mood, but Halo 4 lacks that.   I think that being able to choose so much of your class was too much. I think it would be much better if it was made so you go into armor customization and could choose 3 things; 2 perks and an ability. These would be used in any gametype that they are allowed in. You would be able to change them anytime you want like the classes and have to purchase them with ingame points. The armor should also be bought with ingame points and things like stances and emblems would be unlocked with commendations. You should also be able to choose many different types of assassinations that are bought with ingame points. You should still start out with the basic ones but the purchased ones would be even cooler and fancier. 

FORGE:
Forge is getting better and better each game, but I fell it is lacking things. I want there to be more diverse piece textures. You should be able to change between wood, stone, and metal textures instead of having everything be metal (metal doesn't blend with the environment and it makes things seem out of place). A higher budget and more pieces would make it even better. You should also be able to change vehicle color like the mongooses in Reach, but for every UNSC vehicle. It would be awesome if you could choose which weapons and abilities were allowed on the map so if one weapon would be too overpowered it wouldn't be a problem. You should be able to switch between the times of day (dawn, noon, dusk, and night) along with weather conditions (foggy, rain, snow, clear, cloudy) to intensify your maps features. Lighting doesn't matter too much for me, because in Halo 4 it screws up sometimes. For an example with closed rooms the objects glow and so do the people.

CAMPAIGN:
 I loved how the Halo3 campaign was on Earth most of the time, but I didn't like the lack of large cities. I think there should be more urban environments to play in that would intensify gameplay. You would be able to explore these cities and take many paths to your checkpoint. There would be snipers on the buildings and medium to close ranged troops on the ground, and maybe even in vehicles. A mission that is in the ocean with boats as the main transportation, like Shutdown from Halo4 but on the ocean. I also think that it would be cool to have some air vehicles that could be used as transportation so you aren't overpowered by the covenant banshees that will most likely be above. Maybe you could travel from small island to small island destroying enemy supplies or something. The Arbiter back. I liked playing against brutes and grunts in Halo3, and enjoyed being the Arbiter in co-op. The flood should also be a small part of the campaign. Grunts should be able to be infected by flood also. The elites shouldn't just stand and groan when they're being killed. When they see you close range ( especially the sanghellis ) they should charge at you with a sword and throw things out of their way ( and their whole body will be in movement ) even grunts, which would be funny. And when they get you they throw you or smash you into a wall, but this should only happen about 60% of the time. I want this because elites are getting more pathetic each game. You can walk past them and assassinate them with ease. Their is no fear when you see and elite going in your direction unless you're playing legendary with skulls on. Brutes should agro like they did in halo 3 when you shot their armor off, but they should be even faster and stronger.   I felt like the campaign in Halo 4 was a lot more dull than any other Halo campaign. There wasn't any big battles that you had to fight through and interesting environments. I liked how in Reach you traveled around the world doing major missions in abandoned and destroyed places (so I pretty much didn't like Requiem) and the same in Halo 3. Halo 5 needs to have in depth environments like Long Night of Solace and New alexandria from Reach and The Ark and Covenant from Halo 3. These missions included what Halo is all about; unique scenes that include huge skyboxes and backdrops with massive changing environments that include large scale vehicle battles and indoor firefights. I felt that Halo 4 lacked most of these in each mission. Instead of fighting 50 enemies at a time you only fought 10-20 enemies in a small environment. When you walked through any place in Reach or Halo 3 you could look around and see this story behind everything. You got a hopeless feeling which is what Halo is about. The cutscenes were dramatic and improved the mood, although Halo 4 did an okay job at this it wasn't enough for me.

MAKE IT FOR THE FANS NOT THE NOOBS:

Halo 4 wasn't made for the people who would stick with Halo through thick and thin. Key elements of the game that fans loved were removed from the game. I think that they should stop taking things out and only bring things back. They should also focus on improving things that were already in the game. Halo: Reach is a great example; it was supposed to be Halo's last big bang before the series ended (thankfully 343 picked it up), therefore they put 99% of their focus towards improvement. The hornet turned into the falcon and they added the revenant. Forge world came in with huge improvements towards forge, and customization was improved overall. They added way more armor and some nostalgic pieces (like the combat evolved and Halo 3 helmets). They added way more weapons that were taken out and the biggest multiplayer thing removed was dual wielding, but loadouts soothed me. That is what 343 should do. They shouldn't throw away the broken things, but simply repair it. 

Edited by AT0MICpotato

I want "descoping" i'm surprised that it wasn't in Halo 4 it's just a must for a halo game in my opinion. Also I think the ability to spawn enemies on forge maps would be fun or if they just made forge like Far cry 3's map editor would be amazing! Think of it you could make any map/terrain you could ever want, its really the next and only step for forge.

I was playing this morning and thought of another greeear addition. Insted of displaying "scavenge ammo on the bAttlefield" apon empty clips, why not "hold X to enter hand to hand" till you find another gun to pick up. Loove halo, soooo sick of this goldeneye jack whackin "melee" combat. Why not have crazy ass soul caliber/ street fighter controls till you pickup a gun. Were spartans afterall : /

Living/controling rvb style fight scenes in spartan ops pretty much. A jump X kick B grab/ human shield style then y as punch. Maybe keep RB as knife triggers block then hold Y to pickup a gun. chea

I'll come in and Mo-Cap every transition combination between punch grab kick knife and jump / armor abilitiy to have that as an option. Probably even still love the game too.

1) Less linear HUGE levels, and the ability to tackle MULTIPLE simultaneous objectives in any order you choose, even objectives changing based on your current objective completion or location within a level (more replay value like farcry3)

2) Dynamic levels which change in terms of environment such as snow, rain, lightning, storms, floods etc that have an impact on the battlefield and hence gameplay also return to a HALO ring!

3) A larger focus on exploration and discovery of new information/ npc scenes playing in game

4) The return of the true pure form forerunners/prometheans before they were composed as the ultimate enemy sort of like mini bosses and more dynamic interesting enemy AI MAKE THE ENEMIES SPEAK ENGLISH AGAIN!!! (esp grunts)

5) Flood and Flood infected Forerunners

6) Arbiter

7) More unique weaponry from Forerunners and not a "light" version of human weapons

8) Super pissed and revenge driven Master Chief with new abilities eg sprint and shoot at same time, dodge roll out of danger things that he would do for real

9) A much darker even more serious story with perhaps playable flashbacks of the human-forerunner battles wud be amazing and add a lot to the story thinkof them as playable Terminals!!!

10) Death of Sarah Palmer please! (By Master Chief) Less focus on Spartan ops and then more on HALO6

11) Ocean battle-it's about time!!!

12) Grenades that actually explode like HALO1

13) Randomized always different enemy placements and enemies that patrol throughout very expansive areas

14) More extensive terminals that play on the spot and of course the two Didacts in game

15) Unlockables for beating levels on legendary and additional content with every skull activated such as concept art, development vids etc

16) A campaign of 12hrs and not 6 and less on legendary! AND a save anywhere feature

17) More rock-oriented gameplay music such as rock anthem for saving the world when you ascend from the slient cartogrpaher in H1 get the blood pumping!

18) Return of Cortana in HALO 6

19) Really thought out Kinect features such as you asking questions to your "cortana replacement AI"

20) True 1080p and PLEASE HALO5 AT 60FPS!!!!!

Please please please I cannot stress enough how much more 343 needs to give control to the PLAYERS.

Halo 3 was in no way the best halo, but I played it faaar more than any other halo, because of the forge & custom games. Forge was brand new, shiny, and had that new car smell, and it had everybody excited. I was so excited for the improvements to it with reach, and hardly any happened. However, they did improve, and it worked great! Halo 4 came, I was expecting more minor improvements. NONE. Actually got downgraded with the lack of a formal infection game type as it was, among other things. Halo 3 was one of the most hyped games of all time BECAUSE OF FORGE. Remember that? Allowing the players to use their imagination keeps the game far more interesting for far longer.

The single best thing you can do, is make sure that players can do LOTS with forge, and make it easier for them to connect with other custom games users. Try to keep forge simple, but let us go as far as we have the time to go!

So how can you do this?

1) the simplest part; bring back more custom games options! The setup now doesn't even allow for half of the old infection variants we used to enjoy! Add more options! Let the infected players have more options, & in general just add every freaking option you can think of.

2) the (possibly) hardest part; COMPUTER PLAYERS. This always makes me think back to my days playing on a wow all GM private server. Let us put down enemies or friendlies! Let people spawn characters such as elites, customize them, give them an allegiance number. (Ex. 1 is spartan's side, 2 is covenant, 3 is forerunner. 4 would be nuetral to all 3, you attack it & it attacks you, but otherwise it's just there. Combinations of numbers would make them friendly to multiple teams)

3) the (possibly) medium part; you've probably got this a lot, but there's 3 parts to part 3:

1: More objects! Halo 4 had such a small selection of objects. Just that! More stuff! Rocks, trees, all sizes of blocks, bunches of buildings, towers, etc

2: TERRAIN EDITING! Just simple terrain editing. Make hills, flatten areas, make holes.

3: More objects, in a different sense. Let us spawn more of one object type. Saying "oh you only get 100 building blocks" limits things so much. And included in this, higher budgets! Yet again, all of what I'm asking here is more options and less restraints

If any of this advice is taken, I'm sure you'll have me playing halo 5 for years to come. Because I played halo 4 for about 50 levels in multiplayer and one single player play through, made a couple forge maps, and got tired of it and went back to reach & halo 3.

Nice job on everything other than forge though ;)

I kind of just want a Reach style loadout system. Instead of all of these tactical packages and junk, just have us choose a Primary, Secondary, and Armor Ability before we spawn. Or bring back Halo 4's system, but without the Grenade or package options. Just a base primary, secondary, and AA system would make it more classic, but still modern in it's own right.

What I want:

What I want in Halo 5:
1. Transport flying and ground vehicles in campaign AND multiplayer (like from the first mission of Reach)
2. Grenade launcher
3. EMP-stun grenade
4. Deployable shield from Halo 3 / Bubble shield
5. Falcon
6. Forge pieces with multiple skins (Forerunner, UNSC, Covenant, wood)
7. A special magnet piece for forging with magnet points on 1, 1/2, 1/4 in all directions
8. Posibility to walk upside down in a gravity volume
9. Forge world min. triple the size of the FW in reach and up to 32 people in a custom game (I know its' possible, 343!)
10. A covenant land vehicle that can carry scarab(s)
:D

11. Elephant/Mammuth in MP or Forge

12. Ability to drop flares/smoke grenades (for marking territory, landing zones for falcons, pick-ups)

13. Team colors Black and White for custom games

14. Firefight with up to 8 people

15. Emblems on forge-pieces

What I don't want:
1. Ordinance drops in MP

2. Better maps in DLCs as in the actual game

3. Big team slayer maps and small BTB maps

4. Custom loadouts with grenade, weapon customization, tactical and support package in MP (IT'S NOT MENT TO BE IN HALO ANYWAY)

5. Forerunner weapons with so much power

6. Special radar icons for vehicles and their rotation

7. To see John's face

8. 343 trying to change Halo

9. Too much ammo in campaign

10. Sometimes very hard and sometimes very easy parts of campaign

Update

Ideas and suggestions for Halo 5 if you like help me get this directly to 343 thanks

More missions at least 10

Longer missions

Bring back MASTER CHIEF, Covenant, Drones (I want to see different classes of drones maybe having a bigger one that’s harder to kill) and Brutes (not necessary on the same faction) and maybe the flood if all of them werent destroyed. PLEASE BRING THEM BACK

A.I to be scarier and more brutal example elites yelling, open their mouths pushing  things , sprinting towards you, moving arms in fury ,if you stick them to search for the grenade trying to take it off(in some cases) and be more interactive talk to each other(work work work)

New enemy class or specie of heavier and darker enemies

Improve A.I intelligence especially friendly AI make them a little bit smarter as they go in a suicidal way most of the times and stand no chance

What happened to the comments of Cortana like keep your head down there s two of us in here during gameplay they added to the experience

Although it was nice to hear more from Chief he seemed a little too talkative and he didn’t used any of his cool phrases

Lowering gun on Xbox live

More varaity in design we always saw the same 3 types of elites General, Space and Zealot and an occasion Spec Ops put the others Minor, Ultra,

Ranger, Field Marshall and the Officer back (and for Legendary just make them tougher) same thing with grunts (and bring back the effect that if you killed some grunts there life support would through gas and the explode), Marines and Spartan armor was always the same and there were no ODST´s

The unic blue blood of covenant back as I didn’t see it in the game

Flashlight or night vision back in campaign

Old weapons back (smg, fleam througher, plasma rifle, rocket torrent, brute weapons if they came back, fire bomb and weapons introduce in Halo 4 plus new ones)

Bring equipment back but as grenades emp grenade radar jam grenade, trip mine etc

Returning viachels (hornet, falcon, spirit, brute chopper, transport warthog, scarab it would be nice to see them in campaign and use some of them either on campaign or multiplayer)

Original remastered theme (miss that halo feeling the guitar riffs etc)

1 or 2 boss battles in campaign not quick time events

More assassinations and variants for airassasinations, flagassasinations, ballassasinations

Skulls back in campaign (you can always turn them on and off) but it was fun to killing enemies with them and finding them in campaign

In split screen both screens to occupy the whole screen and no to leave that huge black margin at the sides

I want ranks to have names example SR 1-5 is recruit and it’s shown like this SR 4 Recruit

EASTER EGGS lots of them (grunts freaking out, singing, pictures etc)

Spartan Ops 2.0(with better spawns for 1 player) it was a great innovating idea that should improve as it has that much potential and it would be great if you could join it with the new upcoming halo TV series

Firefight 3.0(with a A.I Flood variant kind of like zombies, with the old Flood design and the new one introduced in Halo 4) it must came back

Rewind button for theater (things going backwards)

More forge pallete varaiety (human, covenant, forunner, flood infested structures)

Ability to choose weather in forge (fog, rain, sunny) or time of the day

Lights that emit light in forge (lamps, roof lights)

Buttons and doors with a timer for forge

Power ups back (overshield and camo halo 3 camo)

Sings with things like UNSC, floor 1 basement etc to identify the places we build

Ability to join parts example you join two pieces that then you can move and drag it as 1

More quantity of certain objects like barriers, crates and some other objects

Zoom back in Forge

Bigger forge world with better terrain to build in or give us a terrain editor to make caves and other stuff (depending of the length of the change you

take money from the budget)

15 maps on disc like in halo CE with varaiety (desert, snow, space, under water base, and close with quarter’s maps for MLG plus big ones for BTB)

Go back to maps with weapons strategically placed in it and no indicator to where they are

Ability to drop the flag in CTF (that way we can pass it to teammates)

Grab granades of dead bodies by default like in halo 3                                                                                

More armor pieces (ODST, CQB, Mark V, Security, Grenadier, Pilot, Haunted  and new ones)

More emblems and backgrounds new ones

Halo 2 or 3 ranking system based on skill in which you could get de-ranked

A web page or in waypoint to watch worldwide stats

CSR to be visible

Returning Halo game modes slayer FFA, VIP, team slayer, race, assault, invasion

Playable elites

Plasma weapons ammo drops to fast reduce it

Reduce AR bloom, reticle spread

Weapons to spawn with more ammo

Bring back thruster pack (best armor ability) but add a meter or 2 of more thrust

Dominion in space with ships (pelican, saber, banshee, linch, space phantom) and huge maps

Weapons to stay longer on the ground before despairing

Remove graneade indicator (we never had that and it took skill to know where the grande they throw you landed to doge it)

Remove personal ordenance or leave it for some game types having Halo 3 slayer and infinity slayer

Remove tactical and support packages they suck and are perks from cod

Remove loadouts (go to back AR, Magnum) or if you leave them take out the tactical and support packages that’s the really bad thing you did

Don’t remove good things we had or have been improved (like the red crosses or game types becasue just a few people play them)

Come up with something to reduce lag problems (dying with less shots, falling off man canons etc)

THANKS for READING

Some of my Halo 5 game ideas: (DISCLAIMER: I DID NOT READ ANY PREVIUS POSTS WHEN POSTING THIS! NOR DO I EXPECT ANY OF THESE TO BE IMPLEMENTED INTO THE GAME, as it is ONLY SUGGESTIONS!)

Weapons: Overall, some nice new weapons, as with any video game, might be appreciated. Some new things that the halo community seems to want are old things, like Dual Wielding. But another good thing is more specialized weaponry, somewhat like the sticky detonator, something that has a wierd trajectory, or has a special effect or range. Some ideas of mine are:

NEW WEAPONS

-Stasis Rifle: A medium to short range gun that shoots a trackable projectile about the speed of a concussion rifle, in a straight line, that creates a bubble of slowed space. Projectiles, personnel, and vehicles going through it move at a 50% speed in all aspects (Bullets would lose 50% damage,a s they arn't technical pojectiles, but instant shots), and once they exit this zone they resume their original speed. It also slows health/shield regen.

-Burst Mines: A kind of grenade, actually, that you plant on the ground, walls, or vehicles, and can deal a 30% shield damage explosion, that you have to blow up in order, and one can hold 4 at a time. This can be used as a deterrence tactic for hallways or bridges. A balance for this could be one can't throw another grenade type until the placed Burst mines are detonated.

-Machete: A human energy sword, with lunge and everything, but with a unique slashing range, like a cleave.

-Plasma Bolos: A almost crossbow-like gun the Covenant would use, probably mostly Jackal used, that shoots a growing bolo of energy. This bolo causes 75% shield damage when an orb impacts a player, and the plasma chain between the two orbs causes less damage the father it is away from the target. Scoping with this weapon makes the bolos launched be vertical instead of horizontal, and hitting a vehicle causes an EMP effect, and also some looseplasma rounds equivalent to uncharged Plasma Pistol shots to shoot randomly from the point of impact.

OLD WEAPON CHANGES

-Energy Sword: A slower attack, less durability (Charge, or however you want to call it), and a cleave effect, as in any player the attack that is a SWING would hit would be hit, not just who the reticle is on.

-Boltshot: More like a mauler with the charge up, not a shotgun, so it gets REALLY balanced.

-Dual Wielding AT A COST: With a return of dualwelding, if implemented, dual wielders would have to sacrifice reload speed and accracy of their weapons to dualwield, as it would in real life. Meleeing while dual wielding would cause one to still drop their left hand weapon.

VEHICLES

New:-Forerunner vehicles, such as War Sphinxes, that are about the size of a scorpion overall, but like the matis, have shielding, and shoot an incineration cannon as the main weapon, and a sentinel beam as their secondary, but move really slow.

-Flyable forerunner vehicles, like the Sentinel Tank in Halo 2 during the library run in the Arbiter's saga.

Old:-Bring back Shadows (Halo 2 transport vehicles), Falcons, Hornets (Not the rocket ones, the machine guns), and Revanants.

SPECIES

This is a harder one to explain.

-Promethians: Like in Halo Reach, the customzable elites had armor sets and slight stat differences compared to Spartans. Promethians, if scaled down (No fiat-panda sized shoulder/back attatchment), could have their own armor sets like elites, boast much stronger shields, but die much faster without the shields, an are slightly larger than elites, and when inside vehicles, they compress down, but fill the space more.

-Covenant: Bringing back the Locusts would add another aspect to the game. Elite wise, adding them as a playable species again would be nice, if balanced correctly.

-Flood: Yes, in the game the flood are beaten back, "wiped out", but in the stories and lore, even terminals, the flood originated OUTSIDE known space even for forerunners. This means they could potentially return. With this, in the campaign, seeing some flood-infected forerunners running around in the campaign would be nice.

CAMPAIGN AND GAMETYPES

Campaign: The campaign is really nice already, but lengthening it, and adding diversity choices, would really help. These choises could include whether or not you help a certain faction, or do something to a certain npc during gameplay, or if you did nothing at all and this generator happened to blow up, or this ship or facility is lost, and it affected what vehicles and weapons you get later in the game, or immediately. A

Also, factions. There are indeed rebel humans alied with kig-yar (Jackals), and grunts and brutes. Seeing the rebels take a shot in both being enemies and allies at certain points in the campaign would be nice. Such as they could start out being allies, but if you hurt enough of them or kill enough they could turn on you and the UNSC.

GAMETYPES: VIP: BRING IT BACK!

-Flood: Change it so it's a subtle or mutation game, so theres the possiblity flood can use weapons or be too mutated and have to use a claw (or maybe even a ranged flail of sorts).

-Invasion: Invasion would be a good returning feature, if it was balanced more than it was in Halo Reach. If Halo Reach had the active join in, and more... fair spawning (spawn protection, so people in banshees and tanks or with swords couldn't camp spawns), it would have been FAR more popular.

-Large Scale Battles: With the new system, the Xbox 1, the capability for player numbers could be increased. Seeing Big Team Battle would be a normal, 8v8 match, but upping the capacity to a maybe 16v16, or even 32v32, wuld make it a Wargame matchmaking type, which also allows for immense map capabilities.

MAPS & FORGE

Forge: If one adds the ability to change weather, tectures, and even maybe a MUGH larger budget than now, also lowering or raising the water level of individual sections that are parented (IE a set of water on height level 4 can't rise to a height level5 or up, but raising a height level 6 water beyond a boundary it can be contained in raises all other water levels to level 6). Also boundary editing, so one can edit their maps boundary for kill, and softkill, and actual invisible walls, in a 2d menu with an overview of the map, and also set a heigh limit for this too, in a menu.). Also add in interactive objects, like a door, elevator, escalator, ladders, holographic or 2d map displays, and channel circuits and buttons/levers (These are activators that can be given a cooldown in terms of seconds, and when activated makes all objects move to on or off. On or Off refers to state 1 or 2, so when on, the object is in position A with a certain color, but in off the Object is in position B, with maybe a color change. Same thing with Vehicles. Adding a circuit system to the vehicles would also allow for certain vehicle functions in a submenu to be turned off or on, like turning left or right or shooting, or HONKING.)

Maps: More large scale and smakk scale maps. Also, do retro-remakes of old maps, like Blood Gulch, and Lockout, and such, and EVERY popular map, in halo 5 graphics, with halo 5 functionality.

Misc Ideas

-Holiday Events: During halloween, or Christmas, and other festivals/holidays from around the world, special weapon skins (And maybe even models) and projectile appearaces could be unlocked, same as armors.

-Increased Customization: The unlock function as it stand in Halo 4 is fine, but the overall application is a bit blocky. Being ably to select rght and left shoudlers is a start, but pack (The two canister things in the suits) and torso armor separation, right and left arm armor, right and left leg armor (Not unlike the leg addons in Halo Reach, but more one plate could be smaller, taller, and such.

-Warzones:Nonstop slayer/objective matches that can hold 32 people per team (dedicated servers specifically for these MASSIVE zones could allow it) or just FFA matches in different maps and community maps, where one leaves with XP/credits (however it is used in Halo 5) that matches how much they did and how well.

-Loadouts: Get rid of Active Camo, make it more like it was before, a powerup on finds on the field. Also, add more unique armor abilities and such, such as one you can use in a vehicle to boost it's speed, or repair it slightly over time, or one that allows almost a grapelling rope ability that allows one to pull people closer or pull them to vehicles (As in if it hits a player, pulls the player to them, and out of a vehicle if they were in one, but if they hit a vehicle they rush to the vehicle.).

These are just some ideas of mine, don't know how well they would pan out, but it's just what I got!

I would like to see many more easter eggs from the Machinima Community added in single and/or multiplayer. I would like to see dual-wielding added back for the small arms weapons. A better soundtrack would be nice. Add back the elite/grunt allies. If a new A.I. is added in, perhaps s/he should provide more of a comic relief role. A clan feature similar to that in Halo 2, but with more ranks or customization. 

I would really enjoy it when the classic Halo vehicles would get some kind of features and, of course, more vehicle-health. Just imagine there would be, lets say, a Mongoose with a little, bulletproof frontshield or you could rip of the warthogs turrent when the vehicle itself is highly damaged.

What more important to me is (if the current loadout-system reappears) that the plasma-nades get kicked out of it, I mean, vehicle-battles are one of the factors that made Halo this great.

And my beloved Plasma-Rifle, plasma-Repeater and Needle-Rifle should reapear (or a Carbine with Needles attached to it :hope: ), God how I miss those guns.

If they decide to bring back the brutes, it would be awesome if dual-wielding would be brought back, but with limited and balanced combos (like 2 plasma-pistols only, or a plasma-rifle and a plasma-pistol and so on...).

A new focus-rifle would also be nice, I loved the idea behind it being a rip-off of the sentinel-beam  :turned:

Multiplayer Changes

1. Ordinance Drops deploy in the same area of the map every game.

2. Players each have an Armor Drop, which spawns a preselected armor ability and can only be used once every match.

3. Weapons deploy in the same area of the map every game.

4. Vehicles can take more damage.

5. Offer option to join games in progress. Comes with an overview of possible matches, including score, gametype, and map.

6. Larger hitboxes for vehicles, allowing for more consistent “splatters.”

7. Offer more variety in multiplayer maps.

8. Separate social and ranked playlists.

9. Add visible 1-50 rank in ranked matches, while keeping the CSR in social matches.

10. Remove instant spawn and bring back five-second respawn.

11. Bring back all previous guns and offer new ones that each has their own unique use.

12. Bring back all previous matchmaking playlists like including Big Team Battle, One Flag, Multi-Team, Team Doubles, Slayer Fiesta, Action Sack, and Griffball.

13. More rewards for winning matches than for personal kills.

14. Penalty for exiting matches is the deduction of all points gained unless the player had a kill/death ratio below .5 when he left.

15. Bring back Hornet to be flown in multiplayer matches.

16. Allow Pelican to be flown in multiplayer matches.

17. Smaller maps like the Pit from Halo 3 for small gametypes like team doubles.

18. Shots can force snipers out of their scopes.

19. Bring back the option to pick up and drop objectives like flags and oddballs.

20. Increase the time weapons remain open to interaction after spawning.

21. Bring back races for player customization.

22. Remove grenade indicators.

23. Be able to adjust lab compensation.

24. Overcharged plasma pistols slow down vehicles, without fully disabling them. Two overcharged shots will fully disable a vehicle.

25. Bring back Dual wielding.

26. While respawning, your player is injured and dying.

Firefight Changes

1. Bring back this cooperative campaign mode.

Spartan Ops

1. Play as Spartan II soldiers from their training on Reach to their missions against the Insurrection and the Covenant.

Forge

1. Offer more variety in Forge items. 

2. Flat grassy map with large boundaries.

3. Offer the ability to customize what time of day it is (morning, before noon, afternoon, night).

4. Offer the ability to spawn backdrops like ships and planets in the skybox around the map.

5. Offer the ability to edit map settings so that certain Halo songs play at specific objectives.

Campaign

1. Bring back remastered soundtrack.

2. Add music using more string instruments and choruses.

Prologue

The Master Chief is at ONI HQ in Sydney, Australia attending a public inquiry into the New Phoenix Incident. During the conference, he reunites with his comrades Kelly and Fred, who reveal that they have been commissioned to train Spartan IV soldiers aboard the Infinity. The Chief also meets Admiral Lord Hood, who was summoned to testify on behalf of the Home Fleet that was responsible for protecting earth when the Didact destroyed New Phoenix. Although Hood defends himself by claiming that the Didact was too powerful for him to intervene, the panel nonetheless denounces him for incompetence. Later, Hood privately confides to the Chief that Prime Minister Dr. Ruth Charet intends to appoint Vice Admiral Ysionris Jeromi to his position, forcing him to consider resignation. The report following the public inquiry recommends immediate action against the Covenant Remnant and the traitor Dr. Halsey in order to recover the complete Janus Key. The scientist is believed to be hiding on Sanghelios with the Remnant leader, Jul ‘Mdama. Admiral Serin Osman orders the Chief and Blue Team to execute Jul ‘Mdama and Halsey, curious to see if John is still loyal to the scientist.  She then issues her artificial intelligence Black Box to the Chief as a replacement for Cortana, having secretly ordered it act as a homing beacon for local UNSC forces in the event that John defects. Osman also grants the Chief access to classified ONI files detailing the Spartan IV soldiers and their career resumes, knowing that his former childhood companion Parisa is among them. When the Chief asks why she gave him access to encrypted files, Osman replies that it would be appropriate for him to know the men and women he is serving with. However, Osman secretly intends to use Parisa as leverage to compel the Chief to kill Halsey, since failing to do so would result in her division being sent into combat to complete his mission.

The Prisoner – Chief

The Infinity arrives at Sanghelios in the midst of the Sangheili Civil War and helps the fleet under Thel ‘Vadam repel the Covenant Remnant ships. While the majority of the Remnant fleet retreats through slipspace destined for the former human colony world of New Llanelli, they leave a significant ground force on Installation 02, alternatively designated Beta Halo, which is in orbit around Sanghelios. The Sangheili Remnant on Beta Halo converge on the city of Ramos, which was built by the Sangheili when they first set foot on the inactive ring three millennia ago. Meanwhile, the Infinity lands on Sanghelios in the state of Vadam, which has since been ravaged by the Sangheili Civil War. There, the Chief meets Thel ‘Vadam, Kaidon of the state of Vadam and Arbiter of the New Covenant. Thel says that his clan is growing weaker due to the Covenant Remnant gaining support, and asks Captain Lasky to hunt down and execute Avu Med ‘Telcam, leader of the Servants of Abiding Truth. Since the Covenant loyalists do not know where he is currently hiding, Thel leads the Chief to question a Sangheili prisoner in a deep pit. His name is Raas ‘Jaramee, an old accomplice of ‘Telcam who aided in the initial rebellion against Thel. He appears blind and badly burned, which Thel says was his punishment for treason. ‘Jaramee says that ‘Telcam is hiding on New Llanelli, while his associate ‘Mdama is still leading Remnant forces in Ramos.

Beta Halo – Chief

Hours after leaving Vadam, the Chief and Spartan Blue Team ride an Albatross into the atmosphere of Beta Halo, landing in the jungle outside Ramos. After encountering resistance from the Covenant Remnant, the Chief leads Blue Team into battle outside Ramos, executing several Sangheili rebels, including former Shipmaster Buran ‘Yatul, one of ‘Telcam’s close conspirators. After pressing through a series of Forerunner ruins in the jungle, Blue Team encounters ‘Mdama seeking shelter in a Sangheili temple. Despite Thel’s warnings that attacking the sacred ground would cause resentment throughout the Sangheili leadership caste, Osman orders Captain Adam Del Rio to bombard the Temple with the Infinity’s MAC.

Ramos – Chief

‘Mdama is confirmed dead when Blue Team inspects the wreckage of the Temple and finds his body. However, Dr. Halsey is nowhere to be found. Due to the potential political ramifications of allowing humans to desecrate sacred ground, Thel requests that the Infinity leave the system at once, offering to blame the attack on the Jiralhanae cell in Ontom, a neighboring state with no ruling Kaidon. Before the Chief boards the Infinity, he holds a final conference with Thel, informing him that ‘Mdama holds a piece of the Janus Key, which could reveal all hidden Forerunner artifacts in the galaxy. Thel, knowing that ‘Telcam would use the key to usurp him, agrees to travel with the Infinity to New Llanelli to retrieve the other piece of it. He appoints his ally and countryman Rtas ‘Vadum to the temporary position of Kaidon while he takes a small fleet of ships and prepares to leave with the Infinity. However, before they can do so, the Jiralhanae cell in Ontom attacks the state of Vadam, forcing the allied fleet to liberate the city and eliminate the Brute invaders. While confronting a dying Brute Chieftain, the chief learns that his Jiralhanae cell made a deal with an unnamed human faction to invade Vadam in exchange for Forerunner technology. Before the Chief can learn the name of the human faction, the Chieftain dies. With the state of Vadam secure, and the rebellion on Sanghelios eliminated along with the Jiralhanae threat, the allied fleet transitions to slipspace and sets course for New Llanelli.

Repel Borders – Chief

En route to New Llanelli, the allied fleet is attacked by a Promethean vessel that attempts to board the Infinity. The Chief repels the invaders and destroys the vessel by detonating a HAVOC nuclear device inside its core, causing the slipspace channel to fail and stranding the fleet in an unknown star system with seven suns. Entering the atmosphere of an ocean planet rotating around the nearest star, the Infinity comes across a Forerunner structure emanating an aurora-like light. The Chief inspects the small island and the tower itself, encountering several benign Sentinels whilst fighting hostile Promethean Knights, who appear to be guarding a piece of Cortana, the AI having been composed after the destruction of the Didact’s ship. Activating a cartographer, the Chief views a starmap, which shows that the other fragments of Cortana are scattered throughout New Llanelli, the planet having originally been a Forerunner colony world before humans settled it thousands of years later. Because of the damage caused by the rapid slipspace exit, many of the UNSC ships that lacked shielding are repaired in orbit, delaying the mission for two days. After the Chief is extracted back to the Infinity, he uses BB to view the encrypted files given to him by Osman, discovering that Parisa is serving in the battalion of Spartan IV soldiers aboard the Infinity. He remembers meeting her five years ago during the Covenant invasion of New Mombasa, even recalling the time they spent together as children. However, he forces himself to forget her, knowing that Spartan II soldiers are prohibited from revealing their identities to anyone outside ONI Section III.

New Llanelli – Chief

After the repairs are finished, the allied fleet enters slipspace again and arrives in the Brunel System, only to find three abandoned Covenant rebel cruisers orbiting New Llanelli. Landing in the ruined human city of New Wales, the Chief and Blue Team are shocked to discover that most of the Remnant composed themselves, believing the Prometheans to be gods. After entering the ruins of a human skyscraper, the Spartans encounter human members of Kilo Five, a division of ONI. They appear to be hiding from the composed Sangheili whilst secretly supplying living Sangheili with modified weapons for the purpose of supplanting ‘Telcam. The Chief and Blue Team confront the leader of the human personnel, who reveals herself to be Naomi-010, a Spartan II employed under Kilo Five who was tasked by ONI with spying on ‘Telcam and undermining his efforts on New Llanelli. Osman apparently gave her this order after she learned that the Remnant had discovered a composer on the former human colony and were using the device on themselves, thus rendering the pact made on Sanghelios obsolete. Both human groups agree that ‘Telcam must be dealt with, but refrain from discussing the fate of Dr. Halsey, whom unbeknownst to them is being held with freedom of movement aboard ‘Telcam’s flagship, Path of the Righteous. While the crew of the Infinity, including Captain Laksy, argue for an immediate assault against the Remnant to execute ‘Telcam and retrieve the other piece of the Janus Key, Naomio-010 believes this will compromise her group’s covert mission and lose them potential Sangheili allies behaving as moles within the Remnant. However, she eventually complies after she receives an order from Osman telling her to let the assault begin but also to execute Blue Team once they locate the Janus Key, thereby eliminating any evidence of ONI involvement in the supplying of enemy forces. Despite Majestic also being present in New Llanelli to witness ONI supplying enemy troops, Osman decides to spare them, believing that they can be kept quiet about her organization’s activities while also being used to tie loose ends. She tells Commander Palmer to pair Majestic with Blue Team on their mission to infiltrate Path of the Righteous, later ordering DeMarco to execute the Spartan II soldiers if they are seen colluding with Halsey, reasoning to him that years of service have weakened their mental faculties and made them more susceptible to defection.

Janus Key – Chief

The Infinity begins its assault on New Llanelli by commandeering the Remnant cruisers left in orbit and landing them in New Wales. They then broadcast that they are Sangheili reinforcements from the Remnant cell on Hesduros as a distraction, while they deploy UNSC soldiers through the ships’ gravity lifts into the city. Moments before the commencement of the attack, Blue Team and Majestic infiltrate the grounded Path of the Righteous and place improvised explosives throughout vital areas of the ship whilst evading Prometheans and Remnant Sangheili. Just before the team prepares to leave the ship and detonate the explosives, the Chief uses a computer terminal to view the control room in order to confirm that ‘Telcam is indeed onboard, and observes the Sangheili conversing with an unrestrained Halsey. Abandoning Majestic, Blue Team, and his mission, the Chief enters the control room, mortally wounding ‘Telcam and leaving him for dead whilst evacuating Halsey with the Key of Janus. When Majestic informs Palmer that the Chief failed to execute Halsey by detonating the explosives as planned, she reports it to Osman, who orders the team to kill the both the doctor and Blue Team. Meanwhile Halsey, who has yet to tell the Chief that ONI is trying to kill her, secretly hacks into the explosives Majestic planted throughout the ship in order to eliminate the Spartan IV team pursuing them. She sets them to explode in two minutes, giving the Chief enough time to evacuate the ship but not enough for the pursuing Majestic. As the Chief reaches the hangar bay, he reunites with Blue Team and together they search for transport.

Three Betrayals – Chief

As Blue Team prepares to commandeer a Phantom from the ship’s launch bay, Majestic arrives and engages them, forcing them to flee in the aircraft. DeMarco then learns that Halsey hacked into the explosives and set them to detonate within seconds, and orders Majestic to jump from the hovering cruiser fifty feet to the ground. They do so, barely escaping the ship as it explodes above them, the wreckage nearly crushing them. As Majestic recovers on the ground and Blue Team flies into unmarked airspace with Halsey, the UNSC troops hidden throughout New Wales and the surrounding area engage the Remnant and Prometheans, driving them back within minutes of intense combat. With Majestic hunting Blue Team, and ONI eliminating the Sangheili it formerly supplied with weapons, the third betrayal comes when the Didact reveals himself to the UNSC ground forces. He had apparently survived the fall into the slipspace conduit, later transitioning back into normal space with the aid of his advanced Forerunner combat skin, before entering the orbit of New Llanelli. It was there that he found the Remnant, along with ‘Telcam, and chose to spare them as his followers. He then used them to construct a second composer from his stored knowledge of the first, before convincing them to use it on themselves in order to achieve salvation and become gods in the afterlife. With the Didact’s leadership, the Prometheans rally the fleeing Remnant and put up heavy resistance against the UNSC, using the composer to digitize several human soldiers. The UNSC begins a retreat back to the commandeered cruisers, taking heavy losses from the pursuing Prometheans and their Remnant allies.

Didact – Thorne

As the UNSC beats a hasty retreat back to their commandeered cruisers, the Infinity makes landfall and unleashes its MAC cannons against the Promethean forces, devastating them and allowing the human ground forces to launch a counterattack. Fireteam Majestic, led by Thorne, destroys a group of Scarab walkers guarding an armored Harvester mining vehicle, which later turns out to be a Yanme’e hive. Seeing that the Didact has surrounded the composer behind a makeshift plasma shield, Majestic commandeers the Harvester and uses its laser on the barrier, disabling it. The composer is then destroyed when Majestic sets improvised explosives throughout the Harvester and drives it into the composer, escaping just as they detonate the devices remotely. Realizing that his composer was destroyed, and that his forces are helpless without it, the Didact retreats to a solitary Forerunner structure atop a snowcapped mountain neighboring New Wales. There, he activates a device that will supposedly reawaken a dormant Forerunner population hidden beneath the surface of the planet, but instead unleashes the flood. Despite the best efforts of the Prometheans to beat back the infection, they are overwhelmed nonetheless and destroyed. Seeing his forces fall to the flood, the Didact resolves to at least destroy the humans on New Llanelli, and releases several thousand hidden cultures of dormant flood spores spread across the planet. The UNSC, discovering that Didact has released the flood, hastens the retreat to their ships. Del Rio reports the incident to Osman, who orders him to extract the Key of Janus before withdrawing his forces from New Llanelli and bombarding the planet from orbit. Meanwhile, down beneath the planet’s surface, the reawakened flood cultures begin forming a proto-gravemind from the assembled corpses of humans and Remnant warriors. The Didact seals himself within the Forerunner mountain facility, choosing to wait until the infection destroys the humans before it starves to death.

Reckoning – Chief

After entering unmarked airspace, the Chief lands his phantom near a Forerunner pillar on a desert plain. There he confronts Dr. Halsey about her aiding the Remnant, forcing her to reveal that Osman had her execution ordered. When he asks why, Halsey says Osman resents her for abducting her as a child for the Spartan II program; she also frequently voiced her discontent against the immoral actions of the doctor during her work in ONI. The Chief vows to protect her long enough to defeat the Didact and possibly clear both of their names. In orbit, Thel has received word that UNSC forces are in full retreat, and that a “parasite” has been released from Forerunner holding facilities beneath the planet’s surface. He takes a squad of Sangheili Honor Guard and flies to the surface of New Llanelli to assist the humans, fighting off the flood as the humans flee to the cruiser’s gravity lifts.

Damned – Thel

After assisting the evacuation of the human ground forces, Thel falls into a crevice where he finds the roots of the gravemind growing. Abandoning his Honor Guard, Thel follows the roots underground to a large chamber housing the gravemind. It tells Thel that there are still Forerunners alive on other planets, “neither dead nor alive, but in eternal slumber.” He then goes on to say that the Didact is seeking to resurrect the hibernating Forerunners by assembling the pieces of the Janus Key. The Gravemind offers its help in aiding Thel against the Didact, but the Sangheili warrior rejects the offer before attempting to battle the creature. However, he is nearly overwhelmed by the flood and instead returns above ground. On the surface he finds a crashed banshee and flies it to the Chief’s last known location, the Path of the Righteous. Reaching the wreckage of the ship, Thel witnesses the Chief arrive in his commandeered phantom with Dr. Halsey and the rest of Blue Team. He asks them why they haven’t withdrawn to the human-controlled ships, since his Sangheili fleet is preparing to glass the city of New Wales in order to contain the Flood. The Chief says that he needs to destroy the Didact, and Thel agrees to go with him. Dr. Halsey then decides to flee the planet in a human frigate they found grounded near the wreckage of Path of Righteous, and Chief orders the rest of Blue Team to escort her. When he asks Halsey where she is going, she says she intends to visit the hidden insurrectionist cell on the moon Titan. She further states that the only way the Key of Janus can be used is by inserting it into the Absolute Library, which she does not know the location of. Leaving it in the hands of the Chief is, in her opinion, safer than bringing it with her to a human outpost, where it could draw the Didact’s forces near. As she leaves in the frigate with Blue Team and evades the allied ships in orbit, the Chief and Thel board the phantom and leave the wreckage of the Path of the Righteous.

Kilo-Five – Chief

As the Chief flies the phantom towards the Forerunner mountain structure, the aircraft is pursued and shot down by members of Kilo Five, severely injuring Thel. Although the Sangheili warrior sadly admits that he would prefer to die in battle than return to his ruined homeworld, the Chief tries to carry him. This, however, worsens Thel’s wounds and forces the Chief to leave him under a tree near the shoulder of the mountain, as he cannot move without assistance. While conducting reconnaissance of the surrounding valley below, the Chief catches sight of Naomi-010 and her ONI escort, who appear to be headed for the mountain. He engages them from the high ground, holding them off until three hundred Spartan IVs enter the area from space using HEV pods, ordered by Osman to execute the Chief and any of his accomplices while securing the Forerunner mountain structure as a fallback point from the flood. Retreating up the mountain pursued by Naomi-010, the Chief evades and then ambushes the Spartan II, triggering a flashback from his training in the forests of Reach. It was there that he fought against members of Tango Company in a competition of Capture the Flag, and also where he helped free Naomi from a barracks held by the Marines. Returning to reality, the Chief spares the injured Spartan II and asks her how many Spartan IIs are left, to which she replies there are thirty. She also reveals all of Kilo Fives activities on Sanghelios and New Llanelli, and how they had tried to provoke a Sangheili civil war to help humanity recover and gain supremacy. Naomi then dies from her wounds in John’s arms. The Chief then throws her into a deep glacial chasm to prevent her from being consumed by the Flood. Returning to the tree where he left the Arbiter down near the valley, the Chief discovers that his body is missing, and that a trail of blood was left leading towards the Forerunner structure.

Showdown – Chief

After following the blood to the summit of the mountain above the clouds, the Chief reaches the frontal façade of the Forerunner spire, which appears similar to those he encountered on Requiem. Before he can approach it any further, one of Thel’s cruisers infected by the Flood crashes in his path, allowing thousands of Combat Forms to swarm the summit. Several Remnant Orbital Insertion Pods arrive to reinforce the Didact’s position, battling the Flood and the Chief. The remaining Promethean Knights guarding the Didact exit the spire to assist the Remnant. Battling his way through the carnage of the three armies, the Chief finally enters the structure and confronts the Didact. The Forerunner reveals that other members of his race are still alive in stasis on various installations. After his kind fled the galaxy following the activation of the Halo Array, many of his supporters, including his Prometheans, chose to enter a “millennial slumber” in order to outlive the forces of the Librarian, who had apparently survived the ring activation. He then claims that he released the parasite to cleanse the galaxy of humans, himself and his Promethean Knights immune to the infection. When the Chief says the Flood will consume all sentient life including the humans, the Didact counters that the genetic information used in the first reseeding of the galaxy can be used a second time to repopulate it after he activates the Halo Array. Battling the Didact and his remaining guards, the Chief manages to beat back the Forerunner long enough for the Flood to breach the facility and distract the Prometheans. Fleeing from the Chief, the Didact triggers a slipspace portal with his suit and enters it, leaving the remaining Prometheans and his human adversary to their fates. He exits the portal back on Beta Halo, walking alone towards an immense flat Forerunner artifact that appears to be an ark portal.

Absolute Record – Chief

The Flood reaches the room housing the Prometheans and proceeds to overwhelm them as the Chief escapes in a lift to the top of the spire. Overhead, he sees several Covenant loyalist ships fire upon the land below, glassing the already ruined city of New Wales to prevent the infection from spreading. Due to the intelligence of the Gravemind, the Flood is coordinated and dangerous, aiming to infiltrate the allied fleet and escape New Llanelli. Reaching the top of the spire, the Chief discovers a Forerunner device similar to a cartographer, which emits a map of the galaxy showing millions of yet undiscovered Forerunner installations after he inserts the Key of Janus into it. The Chief deduces that the machine is the Absolute Record, mentioned earlier by Halsey before she left the planet. When he presses his hand, covered in the Didact’s blood following their struggle in the lower spire, across the machine’s interface, the symbol for Forerunner appears on the galactic map. Thousands of stars glow bright orange, showing the locations of the dormant Forerunner populations. The Chief then realizes that the Didact, having known of these populations prior to entering the Cryptum, did not need the Key of Janus to discover them, instead seeking a way to reawaken them. Before he leaves, the Librarian appears in a vision to him, telling him that the Didact is headed for Delta Halo to activate the dormant Forerunners, and gives him a significant portion of the pieces of Cortana that were scattered throughout New Llanelli, manifested in a small handheld Forerunner information storage device. She says that prior to transferring ancillas into Monitors, their ‘souls’ were stored in pieces of technology such as these. She says that the pieces of Cortana are still unassembled, missing other integral parts of their original programming, but assures him that they can be refit together if the Chief finds the “organic source of the ancilla,” in this case Halsey. Regretting having let the scientist flee the planet too early, the Chief decides to find her after defeating the Didact once and for all in order to revive Cortana. Before he leaves the vision, he asks the Librarian is she is still indeed alive as the Didact claimed, to which she replies yes, but not in the world inhabited by the Chief. She was one of the few Forerunners who left the galaxy after taking shelter in the lesser Ark during the firing of the Halo Array, her semblance in the vision being an ancilla cloned from her brain that she left in the systems of several installations as a lasting legacy, the purpose of which was to help the descendants of humankind. Leaving the vision, the Chief finds the Flood have reached his position, and is nearly killed before the Arbiter arrives in a Broadsword and evacuates him from the roof of the spire.

Escape From Hell – Chief

Flying the Broadsword over the burning planet, the Chief asks Thel how he managed to commandeer the aerodyne, to which he replies that it was among the equipment left in the camp abandoned by Kilo Five at the base of the mountain. After descending the cliff, he had managed to use his suit’s stealth abilities to evade the Flood and reach the vehicle before flying it to rescue the Chief. The two lands the Broadsword on a hill overlooking the grounded Infinity, intending to infiltrate the ship before it takes off, since it is the only means they have of leaving the planet. As they prepare to leave, Spartan IV soldiers arrive and prepare to battle them. Among them is Parisa, whom the Chief recognizes immediately. Knowing that she is unaware of his identity and would readily kill him as a traitor, the Chief allows himself to be arrested by her squad. When the Chief is brought aboard the Infinity and met by Lasky, he reveals that ONI had conducted black ops to subvert Sangheili peace and had committed treasonous crimes against the UNSC. Lasky reluctantly agrees to release the Chief on those terms. When Palmer finds out, she doesn’t argue but warns that due to ONI’s influence in the UNSC War Council, he could be court martialed for subordination, to which he replies that it no longer matters in the scheme of defending the galaxy from the Flood and the Forerunners. Majestic and Crimson, along with most of the Spartan IVs, object to letting the Chief onboard due to the losses they suffered by him, and threaten to mutiny against their officers. The Chief is able to pacify them by relating to their collective sufferings and saying that he lost most of his unit throughout the course of the fabled Human Covenant War, along with his AI companion Cortana, effectively losing his entire “family.” Understanding John’s grief and realizing that his altruism helped save humanity and the universe several times over, the audience of Marines and Spartan IV’s feels a strong solidarity towards him and agrees not to mutiny. As the Infinity leaves the planet, now burning and surrounded by the Sangheili fleet, John tells Del Rio that Didact is headed for Beta Halo to reawaken Forerunner stasis capsules hidden throughout the galaxy. The Captain, however, refuses to comply and blames the Chief for the deaths of his Spartan IV crewmates and various members of the UNSC Navy, forcing the Chief to restrain him in the ship’s brig. While many of the crew still supports John, including Majestic, others are still angry towards him for killing their comrades and incarcerating Del Rio, including Crimson. Conspiring amongst themselves against the Chief and his supporters, Crimson vows to follow the execution order authorized by ONI that Majestic had failed to carry out, deciding to kill the Spartan in the heat of battle when he is distracted. Before the Infinity transitions to slipspace, Thel gives orders to his ships to glass the entire planet three times over to ensure that the parasite is contained, and tells his commanders that he is heading to defend their homeworld with the humans.

Millennial Awakening – Chief

Arriving in the Sanghelios system, the Infinity and several Sangheili Loyalist ships make landfall on Beta Halo, this time on the side of the ring opposite the city of Ramos, where the Didact has taken control of local Sentinel and Promethean defenses to secure a large Forerunner artifact ten miles in diameter. A fleet of Remnant ships has also joined his cause, led by the former Sangheili prisoner ‘Jaramee, who escaped incarceration amidst the confusion caused by a second Jiralhanae incursion into Vadam. Rtas has already gathered a fleet to engage the Remnant over Beta Halo, and forms a plan with the humans to provide a distraction while the Infinity attacks the Remnant from the side. The warship lands on the surface of the ring and deploys a large tank column from its ventral loading bay, followed by several Marine battalions. As the column pushes towards the artifact with the Infinity following overhead, the human ships engage the Remnant fleet hovering above the artifact, causing several of them to crash around the tank column. The artifact is revealed to be flat, similar to the portal leading to the lesser ark near Voi in Kenya. As the tanks cross it, lead by the Chief at the vanguard, they cause the Prometheans and Remnant guarding the edges to route towards the center. In the chaos of the battle, the tank column becomes scattered amidst the debris strewn across the battlefield, allowing Crimson to attack the Chief from afar using sniper rifles and rocket launchers. They nearly succeed in exploding his tank until he abandons it and hides behind the remains of a Banshee. Recognizing them for a Spartan IV fireteam, the Chief assumes that they were sent by Osman to kill him, and promptly eliminates them. After reporting the incident to Lasky, the Chief reunites with the rest of the UNSC forces. Reaching the center of the artifact, the tank column finds the Didact surrounded by a Forerunner shield. He activates the portal, causing the center of the artifact, which is two miles in diameter, to descend below ground. A blinding light emerges from the opening in the ground, causing many of the soldiers to turn away. Soon after the Didact disappears, the shield surrounding the shaft fails, allowing the UNSC forces to advance towards its edge. The Chief jumps from his tank into the opening and falls several hundred feet to the floor, where a slipspace portal has been activated. Entering it, he receives a vision of the Forerunners after the firing of the Halo array, depicting them as they fought amongst themselves about whether to kill the prehistoric humans rescued on the lesser ark, or to let them prosper. Eventually, a war broke out, and the warrior-servants who had supported the Didact were forced to retreat to secret slipspace capsules to escape the life-workers commanded by the Librarian. The life-workers then proceeded to reseed the galaxy and finally disappear, as described by the Librarian. Exiting the vision, the Chief finds himself in a habitable dyson sphere housed within a slipspace bubble. He confronts the Didact, whose suit was damaged during the battle with the humans, preventing him from using his telekinesis to restrain the human soldier. The Chief fights and kills the Didact in a fierce duel, before taking fire from an unseen adversary and being forced to retreat through the slipspace portal back to the ringworld. As the Chief readies his rifle along with his countless comrades surrounding the portal, a powerful wind is emitted, causing several of the vehicles to be thrown backwards along with their occupants. Humanoid figures emerge from the portal, Forerunner warrior-servants reawakened from their ancient sleep. They then proceed to nearly annihilate the human ground forces, causing a widespread retreat from the ringworld. The Chief watches from the bridge of the Infinity as Forerunner ships reactivate throughout the ring, piloted by their Forerunner makers. The Chief tells Lasky that although the Didact is dead, his warrior-servants and Prometheans are continuing his legacy of annihilating humanity.

Epilogue

In the epilogue, the ruins of the Sangheili fleet around New Llanelli are shown, suggesting that the flood escaped the system.

Here's my suggestions for Halo 5:

COMBAT IMPROVEMENTS

-Improve/Revert enemie combat's layout to a more hostile way, back in halo 2 where everything was killing each other rather than focus on the player, i spend hundreds if not thousands of hours doing deathmatches between groups of aliens in all difficulties and random sets of skulls used for experimentation, it was alot of fun to me back then, reliving moments like this would be nice for us campaign players. Moments like this should be found more often, so the player can actually have fun by grabbing some popcorn and watch two alien groups kill each other in a team deathmatch. Or simply jump in and wipe everything out of the map.

-Elites should be living up to their names, not otherwise. These aliens were scary like hell in Halo 2, and starting from Halo 3 onward, they just kept being dragged down and that old feeling isn't the same anymore, even brutes lost the charm quite a bit, but not as much when both are compared. Elites should be insane like in the old days, have them take off their swords and sprint towards players with the 1 hit kill swing they do. Have them roar as in a way "I'M KING OF THE HILL, STAND ASIDE DEMON!". Have them push objects and friendly units aside when sprinting towards the player, anything that stands in their way should be pushable to the side when they go berserk/rage mode. Have them deflect some of the bullets shot at them when they sprint towards the player while carrying the sword, it would make sense to have an "energy" blade that is actually physical to deflect some of the bullets shot at them. Have the elites open their mouth while sprinting towards the player, as in a way if they were screaming (not annoying screams, screams of the kind that shows he is being serious and not playing around anymore), this could reveal a weak spot if the player manages to get rid of the shields on time and aim carefully, hell this could even be an achievement where one stands against the lion, so to say. "HEAR ME RAWR" --- "Shoots bullet to the teeth in order to shut him up".

-[iF] brutes make an appearence, have them act similiar to Halo 2, again. The ones that came after Halo 2 were dumb gorillas that were just far too easy to get a hold of. Halo 2's brutes were amazing, the berserk mode they had was quite an achievement in the series, i just loved to see these guys go "Hit like a truck" mode and push everything into a corner and beat them to a pulp, brutes should be like this, not some dumb monkeys who go guns blazing and get killed rather easily without much effort. The only one that actually lives up to the name is the hammer brute, those are sneaky and can pack a punch when necessary. These should also overthrow a player whenever we get too close, most importantly if they go berserk. They should also push everything aside when necessary, if they want to get to the player in close combat, incase they want to get serious. Could also have these guys become slightly more resistant to damage impact made by enemies (unless headshot/critical/explosion)

-Hunters, these guys should be able to overthrow players with ease, not by their slow heavy packed hits, but by ultimate destruction that themselves carry in the armor, honestly, these guys carry a ton of armor, each time they swing their protection arm and it lands on the ground, the player should be overthrown with a shockwave or "screen shake effect", the explosions themselves should do something similiar so that players think twice before showing themselves face to face with these guys and think more about keeping their distance.

-Masterchief, whenever he lands a long distance drop, he should cripple on the land, in return, the ground impact could devastate nearby weak troops with a stun or something alike. Masterchief is known by many to be a walking tank, plus his armor weights alot right? Let's be honest, wouldn't this be something worth to see?

-Promethean knights, i can't say much about these aliens for a fact that i only played halo 4 for campaign and half and got bored (full normal + half legendary, got bored midway), the way they act are nice i got to admit, but would be nice to improve them aswell in order to make them scarier than they are, i admit that the first appearence was actually somehow frightning at first but then it's all basic stuff of shoot and kill, they barely do anything serious to scare a player.

-[iF] flood makes an appearence, keep them as they were in halo 3, not really as scary as previous titles, but the way the alien race worked like was brilliant. Consuming everything in it's path and turning them into flood species.

-Grunts... what can i say about these littles dudes? I got no clue, perhaps make them have more interaction with the warzone, when being pushed around by bigger allies, they start panicking or saying funny things.

-Jackals and similiar subtypes, they seem to be fine to me, other than that they are slow like hell... They should be the scout unit, run fast and do small support in the frontlines, nowadays i barelly see them do anything serious other than the sniper relatives, which can be deadly opponents, as usual.

-[iF] sentinels make an appearence, i expect them to be as annoying as ever. Whenever a player shield goes off and u get some cover to regain the shields, these robots take off your cover and stop you from regaining shields, typical thing they used to do in the past, it was annoying at times but provided a challenge to the player, we have to out maneuver these sneaky flying robots and stop their "you can't hide from me" type of approach.

-Humans, most of the time i find it silly that most UNSC/marines are so... short in general. I don't know about this, but having random sizes of various units would nice, i'm pretty sure we humans don't have the same body shape, weight and height. So having subclasses within the human military forces would be an improvement, look at the Reach's noble team for example, having a setup of this kind in-game would be an improvement, such as having a close combat specialist who uses shotgun and has high skilled hand to hand combat. Or a demolition unit who's experienced with blowing everything up... or even an engineer that could try and repair vehicles in a bad shape to a point where they could drive us somewhere. Or a medic that takes care of your wounds in battle when necessary.

-Spartans, yup. The super soldier, everything humans do, with a -super tag in their abilities, see a marine packing a punch on a non experienced elite infantry with meele combat? Have spartans do the same with higher ranks and vehicles, again they are "walking tanks" right? They should be able to stop lightweight vehicles with a meele strike if timed properly by making it loose control entirelly and it goes off in a random direction (good for laughs, force someone to drive down a cliff/boost against a wall would be fun).

-And for last in this list, i suggest making an addition of a companion, in a physical form to halo 5, it doesn't need to be shown early in-game, heck it could even be optional... like accepting the aid of the arbiter in a early stage of the game. Option you take would take no effect in the storyline whatsoever, perhaps new cutscenes but the end results would be equal. 

WEAPONS/ITEMS/ABILITIES

-alot of removed weapons need to return, plus dual wielding should make a return.

-would be nice to have weapon attachments that we players can use with different guns, like having a supressor, or a scope, or a nade launcher attached to the gun, nightvision, infrared/heat vision and so on...

-new special ammo additions for various purposes, like having ricochet bullets for closed off areas (similiar to how needler projectiles work, except real bullets for crowd control), or electrical stunning bullets (targets with no shield get lock-stunned for a few seconds), there's more things to go on about...

-new grenade types, i miss the spike grenade, having lesser types of grenades would be awesome (being lesser means they wouldn't be deadly when thrown). Like electrical field grenade that would drop everyone's shield slowly or simply stop shield recharge within the aura, aura would bypass any object standing in the way. Or homming leech grenade type of thingie, throw a grenade on the ground, it would go up close an personal against the target, like a tiny robot that explodes on impact, or attaches to the enemy, revealing any nearby units hiding behind structures, stuff like this...

-having more meele based gear would be awesome, i feel that we got alot of ranged gear and little to nothing meele gear introduced in the game, having a shield like the jackals that deflect shots for a while then recharge. Making swords dual wieldable with the ability to deflect bullets while sprinting forward. Introduce a new meele weapon for humans, like a machete or a 1 handed axe, when it's about to break it can be thrown at a target for one last use, this along with a long duration physical shield (no recharge but could pack a punch into battle, once broken, it's gone). Same goes with promethean gear, release a combination of close combat weaponry like the one they use in halo 4, i believe they use a deflector and a stabby-stab in it.

-introduce more different types of guns, we got to see some new additions in the past, which were removed, again, for no reason. We had the flamethrower, the missile pod, we even had armor abilities that did electrical damage. Creating more guns based of elements like this would be nice, we got too many plasma & bullets based weaponry, got some explosive/energy type, we got little to none fire/electrical/gravity weapons, could even include other types and i might be missing something too.

VEHICLES

I got to admit, having too many vehicles would be hard to implement an use for all of them in single player, though having that many of them would not be that much of a problem for multiplayer i guess...

I think all vehicles introduced so far should be, somehow playable in multiplayer. Create specific vehicle themed war maps, like out of space battles. Or long terrain maps for big terrain/flying vehicles that various species use. Smaller maps would obviously still contain the smaller types, etc.

Vehicles used in campaign should be limited, or perhaps always give the option to somehow obtain a specific vehicle from a place to another. Like getting to a warzone and all we see there is ghosts, wraiths and banshees, when we get there we have an option of using mongoose/warthog/tank or we climb one of the hills nearby and find a wrecked pelican with a machine gun, or even a hornet/falcon.

There should be new alien vehicles also introduced for the prometheans/forerunners w/e. Said vehicles should be of their own league, like instead of boost a teleportation device, instead of levitating or running on wheels, it would float, instead of creating explosion impacts it would decimate anything it touches, like pulverizing enemies, vehicles or random objects. or simply have the ability to pierce through anything.

Like having a tank with said abilities that shoots a blast of charged light, that blast would pierce through any vehicle, creating a "hole effect". Objects could have the same deal here, smaller objects/enemies and smaller vehicles could be pulverized into dust with said blast. This is tier 1 "gunpowder", it needs to pack a bigger punch than the previous tiers right? :D

Shadow. Not sure if many of us remember Shadows, but you fought several of them in the highway tunnel in Halo 2. They're large, dark purple, transport Ghosts, and have a plasma turret on top. Having those back in Halo 5 would be awesome, at least at some point in the Campaign on your side.
Locust. Scarabs, I believe, are too powerful to make driveable. However being able to drive a locust would be a good compromise. I'll bet it would make a good counterpart to the Mantis.
Seraph*. These are pretty tough opponents in Halo Reach, and would be pretty good for use in space maps.

I agree with all the above. Shadows never got used for anything, which is a real shame. They are part of the resupplying of ground forces, after all. Spirits and Phantoms can't get EVERYWHERE...

Locusts are something I've been waiting a long time to see in FPS games, and would be a great toy to drive around. (Mini Scarabs! ^^)

And Seraphs played a big role in the intro of Ghosts of Onyx, proving to be far deadlier than the Banshees. Now THEY would be a challenge!

In regards to the rest of your post,Seeker of Truth, I agree, too. Instead of the standard Flood we all know and semi-hate, the Pure-strain Flood we see in Infection mode would prove a good change. Flood with armor abilities would be far more dangerous than the standard Flood using the zerg-rush tactic.

Theres one thing ive always wanted to do in halo.... and that is play as

THE FLOOD!!!

not like they did in halo 4 i mean the real flood. ex: play as a flood spore or an infected elite or marine you know the original flood.

Actually lets just say play as every species pretty much forerunner covenant flood human all of them.

Also i had another idea but this would probably take a LONG time to do but, in some star wars games they have ship battles in space.

What i was thinking is like have a game mode (or something) where you can possibly pilot the ship and board the other ship and take it over or destroy it so pretty much a space battle (in lamest terms).

Like it could be UNSC frigate vs a covenant cruiser etc.

Anyway these are some ideas for halo 5 it would be awesome if they would add this and pretty much everything in this whole post.

Please reply and tell me what you think guys!  :laughing:

~AwesomeNinja TM

I'm most likely going to be happy with what 343 produce, but when Halo 4 shipped I was a little annoyed that there was no Mk IV helmet. This helmet has been in Halo since the first game and to leave it out felt like the game was trying to evolve and change way too quickly. I was also annoyed as on both Halo 3 and Reach I would wear this Helmet. So please 343 bring back the Helmet. I would also like to see the SMG make a return to the Halo franchise.

Sorry I meant Mark V in the post above.

1. Alright, don't bring cortana back to the story, she is dead and it would seem like a shortcut if 343 brought her back, her death was supposed to scar the player, it shows that the halo franchise has created characters who the audience connect with, highlighting their success.

2. One of the defining points of the halo games before 343 was the soundtrack, halo 4 didn't have the same feel, though i did enjoy it. However the large majority preferred the old epic soundtrack.

3. Bring back some of the old vehicles remodelled: spectres, choppers, maybe revenants, the warthogs are great, keep all the originals too, maybe a few promethean vehicles.

4. FLOOD!

5. A super hard killer level involving flood which is sure to make people rage quit, as that is the essence of halo games!

6. Slightly better friendly ai driving perhaps, i would like a level where I could fire the turret, even on heroic and still survive the first two minutes! (lol)

7. LARGE forge specific map. 

8. A sandy blood gulch/ coagulation remake.

9. Another different playable race for multiplayer; such as the brute.

10. In firefight: the option to play as various races of the enemy in firefight, or to drop off with them in the dropship, rather than spawn, and have to wait till the next round. 

<p>Also:</p>

<p>1. Option for bots in mp/ firefight (marines, hidden snipers, etc.)</p>

<p>2. Dedicated transports (pelicans/ phantoms) w/ open/closing travel compartments (depending on altitude), and weak spots that can be shot at with heavy weapons enough times to kill the driver/ blow up the engine, such as vents, or a open door in the pelican, leading to the cockpit. </p>

<p>3. A new flood form or two...</p>

<p>4. Vehicles from other halo games (specifically halo wars) such as the vulture in campaign, or as a flyable fly-by (ordnance) in firefight. Vampires and locusts could also make an appearance, perhaps as enemy vehicles, if not drivable.</p>

Dear 343i,

I am a simple fan of the Halo franchise with ideas of ways to further improve the game you have inherited. I greatly enjoyed and am still enjoying your latest installment, but have found a few things that could be changed to further revolutionize the Halo multiplayer experience for your next title. I do, however, understand that you have a very capable staff that has more comprehension in regard to weapon balancing, sandbox gameplay, etc. Please continue reading this and, at the very least, consider the suggestions.

Weapons

The additions to the Halo sandbox in Halo 4 injected new life into the multiplayer experience. Power weapons like the Scattershot, Binary Rifle, and Incineration Cannon made the tried and true combat more diverse. However, many of the previous games’ weapons have been left behind from the Great Journey into the “Reclaimer Trilogy”. In truth, I obviously don’t know what’s going to happen canonically in the next Halo games, but I do know that the Covenant remnants include the Brutes, more specifically the Halo 3 era Brutes. Reintroducing Jiralhanae technology, even creating a new weapon, would further allow more diverse gameplay. The return of the Brute Shot, Spikers, Maulers, and Spike Grenades would bring a sense of nostalgia to the screaming hordes of Halo 3 lovers and further pacify players with the inclusion of assassination animations using the signature blades on said weapons.

Also, a return of dual-wielding could be used to reclaim Halo from the Fall of Reach. Bringing back the SMG, Brute Spiker (sorry for repeating myself), Mauler, and include two M6- series UNSC sidearms would allow more diverse combos. Two M6 variants to consider are the M6C/SOCOM of Halo 3: ODST and the M6H of Halo 4. In regard to integrating dual-wielding back into the gameplay, consider the following: individual sidearms (assuming their inclusion in loadouts) obviously do less damage than primary weapons. When dual-wielding, players cannot throw grenades, melee/assassinate, use armor abilities, and have a longer reload time. These countermeasures should help prevent overuse of this tactic, but not make it useless.

Also, while on the topic of sidearms, perhaps the movement speed should be increased when having a single sidearm equipped, as well as increase the melee speed. This could also be used for melee weapons like the Energy Sword and Gravity Hammer. An additional melee weapon such as a UNSC machete/kukri (similar to Emile’s from Halo: Reach) or the forearm of a Promethean Knight would surely be a welcome addition.

Armor Abilities

The invention of armor abilities has helped shape how players engage in combat in more recent Halo games. Halo 4 definitely improved upon the concept from Reach, but a few alterations can still be made. The Hardlight Shield, while far better than the abused Armor Lock, still does little more than postpone inevitable deaths in most cases. Perhaps a shield should not take the form of an armor ability, but a weapon. Canonically, the Spartan IIIs would salvage point-defense gauntlets from fallen Jackals, due to the lack of MJOLNIR armor being standard-issue to these “budget” Spartans. The surviving Spartan IIIs were offered to become IVs when the program was started, so it is possible that these experienced soldiers still use these shields when available and that this tactic can spread throughout the Spartan IVs. Considered a power weapon, the Jackal Shield could prove to be a game changer in the War Games scenarios. In terms of operation, the shield could take a specific amount of damage before diminishing. The shield would then go on a recharge period, similar to the cooldown of some Covenant weapons, but can only recharge from complete collapse a given number of times. Possible experimentation could be the inclusion of a secondary weapon being used, as if the shield were dual-wielded. This would prevent the use of grenades and melee while being more heavily protected.

Vehicles

Vehicles have always been an integral part of the Halo experience, from the iconic Warthog to the wailing Banshee. Some vehicles have been left behind, but are sorely missed. I am sure you are aware of the community’s want of a UNSC aerial vehicle, such as the Hornet, and will certainly try to deliver. Back to the subject of the return of the Brutes, why not bring back the Brute Chopper as well? It was a better analog to the Warthog than the Ghost, in my opinion, and would fit nicely into the ever-growing sandbox of the Halo games.

Spartan Ops/ Firefight

Although I enjoyed the addition of Spartan Ops, I couldn’t help but feel like it had more potential. Firefight in Halo: Reach had many ways to customize the experience, something that may or may not work for Spartan Ops if it returns. In any case, the return of Firefight couldn’t hurt, especially if it included Brutes, Prometheans, or even the re-emergence of the Flood. A gametype in Matchmaking similar to Overrun Mode in Gears of War could also fill the void left by Firefight. Playing as the enemy Elites or Brutes would further the variation of gameplay opportunities that Halo offers. Invasion in Halo: Reach was very similar to this concept, but was not executed as well as it could have been. However, I’m sure that, with your experience and assets, you could further improve upon this gametype, following the basic formula of Gears of War’s successful iteration of an “Overrun” mode.

If you’ve read through to this part, I sincerely thank you for your open ears, eyes, and minds. I know that some of the things I have mentioned are more challenging than others, and that you already have your own ideas for what directions to take the franchise. I just wanted to voice my opinions on what has made Halo great in the past and what can make it greater in the future. I know that the Halo universe is in very capable hands and wish you all the best of luck.

Sincerely,

A fan not only of Halo, but of 343i

• Like 1

Updated

Ideas and suggestions for Halo 5 if you like help me get this directly to 343 thanks

More missions at least 10 I want the biggest and most memorable campaign of all Halo games, worth of replaying it over and over again

Longer missions

Bring back MASTER CHIEF, Covenant, Drones (I want to see different classes of drones maybe having a bigger one that’s harder to kill) and Brutes (not necessary on the same faction or side) and maybe the flood if all of them weren’t destroyed try to bring the Flood back in particular. PLEASE BRING THEM BACK

A new enemy similar to the guta´s would be nice (huge, colossal enemy)

A.I to be scarier and more brutal example elites yelling, open their mouths pushing things, sprinting towards you, moving arms in fury, if you stick an enemy them to search for the grenade trying to take it off (in some cases) and be more interactive talk to each other (work work work), make new dogging animations for bullets (sig sags patterns, turn a rounds  kind of basketball drivels)

Improve A.I intelligence especially friendly AI make them a little bit smarter as they go in a suicidal way most of the times and stand no chance

What happened to the comments of Cortana like keep your head down there s two of us in here during gameplay they added to the experience

Although it was nice to hear more from Chief he seemed a little too talkative and he didn’t used any of his cool phrases

Balance dual wilding for players and if you can’t add it to friendly and enemy A.I 

More varaity in design we always saw the same 3 types of elites General, Space and Zealot and an occasion Spec Ops put the others Minor, Ultra, Ranger, Field Marshall and the Officer back (and for Legendary just make them tougher) same thing with jackals (barely any skirmishers or other types of them) grunts (and bring back the effect that if you killed some grunts there life support would through gas and the explode) also make these last two in some class harder to kill as there are always a 1 headshot kill, Marines and Spartans armor was always the same and there were no ODST´s

The unic blue blood of covenant back as I didn’t see it in the game

Old weapons back smg, fleam througher, plasma rifle, rocket torrent, brute weapons if they came back, fire bomb and weapons introduce in Halo 4 plus new ones (don’t remove them add)

Bring equipment from Halo 3 back but as grenades EMP grenade radar jam grenade, trip mine etc

Returning viachels (hornet, falcon, spirit, seraph, brute chopper, transport warthog, scarab it would be nice to see them in campaign and use some of them either on campaign or multiplayer)

Flying parts were great in Halo 4 but didn’t offer to much freedom of movement like in reach they were to linear

1 or 2 boss battles in campaign not quick time events

More drivable viachels in campaign (forklift, trucks etc)

More assassinations and variants for airassasinations, flagassasinations, ballassasinations

Ability to assassinate hunters when they lose their back armor

Skulls back in campaign (you can always turn them on and off) but it was fun to killing enemies with them and finding them in campaign

In split screen both screens to occupy the whole screen and no to leave that huge black margin at the sides (fix this)

I want ranks to have names example SR 1-5 is recruit and it’s shown like this SR 4 Recruit

EASTER EGGS lots of them (grunts freaking out, singing, pictures, RvB etc)

Spartan Ops 2.0(with better spawns for 1 player the spawns always left you way back in front of enemies or even sometimes ahead in the mission) it was a great innovating idea that should improve as it has that much potential and it would be great if you could join it with the new upcoming halo TV series

Firefight 3.0(with a A.I Flood variant kind of like zombies, with the old Flood design and the new one introduced in Halo 4) it must came back it is better than Spartan Ops and as it offers more options of game play and replayability

Rewind buttons for theater (things going backwards)

More forge pallete varaiety (human, covenant, forunner, flood infested structures) it would be great if you re-did what we have (new design) and add new pieces

Bushes and plesable grass for forge(more natural pieces)

The delay from going to Forge mode to player mode remove it and just generate the light the time the player asks to by making it an option in the Forge menu

Power ups back (overshield and camo halo 3 camo that doesnt blur of when you move fast and dosent leave dots on the radar)

Sings with things like UNSC, floor 1 basement etc to identify the places we build

Ability to join parts example you join two pieces that then you can move and drag it as 1

Zoom back in Forge

Bigger forge world with better terrain to build in or give us a terrain editor to make caves and other stuff (depending of the length of the change you take money from the budget)

15 maps on disc like in Halo CE with varaiety (desert, snow, space, under water base, and close with quarter’s maps for MLG plus big ones for BTB) Halo 4 is amazing but as we have very few maps it can get a bit repetitive

Go back to maps with weapons strategically placed in it and no indicator to where they are

Grab granades of dead bodies by default like in Halo 3                                                                               

More armor pieces, not just some and a variant (ODST, CQB, Mark V, Security, Grenadier, Pilot, Haunted, Sniper, robotic, capes and new ones) and bring armor effects back (invent new ones and put old ones don’t remove) more stances

More emblems and backgrounds

Halo 2 or 3 ranking system based on skill

CSR to be visible

Returning Halo game modes slayer FFA, VIP, team slayer, race, assault, invasion (don’t remove add)

Teammates indicator to turn yellow (when they are firing) or orange (when taking damage) like in previous games

Playable elites with customizable armor

Plasma weapons ammo drops to fast reduce it like in Halo reach

Reduce AR bloom, reticle spread

Weapons to drop with more ammo as they get empty really fast

Torrents overheat way to fast reduce it  

Bring back thruster pack (best armor ability) but add a meter or 2 of more thrust

Dominion in space with ships (pelican, saber, banshee, linch, space phantom) and huge maps

Leave personal ordenance just for some game types having Halo 3 slayer and infinity slayer

Remove loadouts (go to back AR, Magnum) or if you leave them take out the tactical and support packages that’s the really bad thing you did

Don’t remove good things we had or have been improved (like the red crosses or game types, good weapons,)

Come up with something to reduce lag problems (dying with less shots, falling off man canons etc)

Don’t take the story to the side that the Chif is getting old (that would suck) take out the years of crio sleep and that the evolution the Librarian did

to him made him grow old slower or live longer

Take your time and don’t rush the game

Updated

More missions at least 10 I want the biggest and most memorable campaign of all Halo games, worth of replaying it over and over again

Longer missions

Bring back MASTER CHIEF (he should also get a new armor), Covenant, Drones (I want to see different classes of drones maybe having a bigger one that’s harder to kill) and Brutes (not necessary on the same faction or side) and maybe the flood if all of them weren’t destroyed try to bring the Flood back in particular also make them harder to kill. PLEASE BRING THEM BACK

A.I to be scarier and more brutal example elites yelling, open their mouths pushing things, sprinting towards you, moving arms in fury, if you stick an enemy them to search for the grenade trying to take it off (in some cases) and be more interactive talk to each other (work work work), make new dogging animations for bullets (sig sags patterns, turn a rounds, kind of basketball drivels)

A new enemy similar to the guta´s would be nice (huge, colossal enemy)

What about the other tiers (precursors) that came before the forunners and all of the treasures in the galaxy that with the other piece of the map they can find

Improve A.I intelligence especially friendly A.I make them a little bit smarter as they go in a suicidal way most of the times and stand no chance

Balance dual wilding for players and add it to friendly and enemy A.I  

More variety in design we always saw the same 3 types of elites General, Space and Zealot and an occasion Spec Ops put the others Minor, Ultra, Ranger, Field Marshall and the Officer back (and for Legendary just make them tougher) same thing with jackals (barely any skirmishers or other types of them)and grunts (and bring back the effect that if you killed some grunts there life support would through gas and the explode) also make these last two in some class harder to kill as there are always a 1 headshot kill, Marines and Spartans armor was always the same and there were no ODST´s

The unique blue blood of covenant back as I didn’t see it in the game

Old weapons back smg, fleam througher, plasma rifle, rocket torrent, brute weapons if they came back, fire bomb, sentinel beam and weapons introduce in Halo 4 plus new ones (don’t remove them add)

Bring equipment from Halo 3 back but as grenades EMP grenade radar jam grenade, trip mine etc

Returning viachels (hornet, falcon, spirit, seraph, brute chopper, transport warthog, scarab it would be nice to see them in campaign and use some of them either on campaign or multiplayer)

Flying parts were great in Halo 4 but didn’t offer to much freedom of movement like in reach they were to linear

1 or 2 boss battles in campaign not quick time events

More drivable viachels in campaign (forklift, trucks etc)

Ability to assassinate hunters when they lose their back armor

In split screen both screens to occupy the whole screen and no to leave that huge black margin at the sides (fix this)

EASTER EGGS lots of them (grunts freaking out, singing, pictures, RvB etc)

Spartan Ops 2.0(with better spawns for 1 player the spawns always left you way back in front of enemies or even sometimes ahead in the mission) it was a great innovating idea that should improve as it has that much potential and it would be great if you could join it with the new upcoming halo TV series

Firefight 3.0(with a A.I Flood variant kind of like zombies, with the old Flood design and the new one introduced in Halo 4) it must came back it is better than Spartan Ops and as it offers more options of game play and replayability

Rewind buttons for theater (things going backwards)

More forge pallet variety (human, covenant, forunner, flood infested structures) it would be great if you re-did what we have (new design) and add new pieces

Bushes and plesable grass for forge (more natural pieces)

The delay from going to Forge mode to player mode remove it and just generate the light the time the player asks to by making it an option in the Forge menu

Power ups back (overshield and camo halo 3 camo that doesn’t blur of when you move fast and doesn’t leave dots on the radar, custom power ups)

Zoom back in Forge

Bigger forge world with better terrain to build in or give us a terrain editor to make caves and other stuff (depending of the length of the change you take money from the budget)

15 maps on disc like in Halo CE with varaiety (desert, snow, space, under water base, and close with quarter’s maps for MLG plus big ones for BTB)

Halo 4 is amazing but as we have very few maps it can get a bit repetitive, plus apart from this it would be awesome if you could make remakes of guardian, blood gulch, heaven and other classic maps last resort, narrows etc

Grab granades of dead bodies by default like in Halo 3                                                                  

More armor pieces, not just some and a variant (ODST, CQB, Mark V, Security, Grenadier, Pilot, Haunted, Sniper, robotic, capes and new ones) and bring armor effects back (invent new ones and put old ones don’t remove) more stances

More emblems and backgrounds

Halo 2 or 3 ranking system based on skill

CSR to be visible

Returning Halo game modes slayer FFA, VIP, team slayer, race, assault, invasion (don’t remove add)

Teammates indicator to turn yellow (when they are firing) or orange (when taking damage) like in previous games

Playable elites with customizable armor

Plasma weapons ammo drops to fast reduce it like in Halo reach

Reduce AR bloom, reticule spread

Weapons to drop with more ammo as they get empty really fast

Torrents overheat way to fast reduce it  

Leave personal ordenance just for some game types having Halo 3 slayer and infinity slayer

Don’t remove good things we had or have been improved (like the red crosses or game types, good weapons, fine editing)

Don’t take the story to the side that the Chif is getting old (that would suck) take out the years of crio sleep and that the evolution the Librarian did to him made him grow old slower or live longer 

Take your time and don’t rush the game