The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

1 thrid person would scew halo

2 arby is onfirmed in halo 5

3 dual weliding should be out blace issues

if u dont know sparteen ops is firefight with a objetive i also find sprten ops more enjoyble than firefight

well i know you have your own ideas but here are mine!

Okay here is the thing... This is going to be very detailed (and long) okay here it goes. Firefight is not in halo 4 very bad, I know. It's just kill and run, but here are things i want to see!

*Teams, Friends Or Foes!

There are different teams and you can either help each other out for items and supplies. Or you could fight to live, and friend with some other teams. There are up to 30 players, 5 people in 6 different teams Rebels,Peace Protectors,U.N.S.C,Covenant Believer's,Forerunner Believer's,And also Modern Neanderthal's

(I'll talk about the teams later). Okay, Every team has there own info (shown as Chips cards), either take it or not the more you friend them and there off guard. You can take them off guard and stab 'em in the back! After that just keep going on with what your doing but they can get it back! 

*Events!

Every 5 levels an event happens there are 15 different events. Also every 10 levels a boss comes and fights. Also the Forerunners covenant and flood are all in it. 5 events for Flood, 5 for Forerunners, And 5 for covenant.

*Maps read the firefight post i made to see the rest!

• Like 1

a moment path for objects in forge. ( make a space ship then have it move on a track of in a line 

A forge world ( have a covenant base on one side of planet and UNSC on other then forerunner in middle

Motion path for forge ( build a space ship then have it move on a track or in a straight line)

Forge world ( a world for us to  run free on, make a a base on one side of the planet for covenant one in middle for forerunner and one on other side for UNSC. but have a portal system like the forerunners.

• Like 1

I think the perfect sequel is a real-time strategy first-person shooter hybrid game, using the Halo Wars mechanics for the commander and the classic first-person shooter and vehicle mechanics of the other halo games, in which the commander would build bases and armies and command those armies, exactly like Halo Wars, while a team of players allied to the commander function as special operations units on the ground, existing independently from the commander.

When matchmaking, there are two main categories to choose from, though others may web off this initial choice, being Commander or Player; this will ensure that when a game commences, everybody will be playing the role they wish to play and that these roles will be consistent throughout the whole game, which solves the many problems of changing positions as player and commander and prevents the ineffectiveness of inconsistently playing either role. A side note on the matchmaking process: perhaps flood and Promethean Races should be added to the Leader choice options, though I fear this may sacrifice the games simplicity.

Though any unit should be able to be played in First-person, for understanding and imagery purposes, assume that all players are Spartans. Plus, “players” will refer to the people playing fist person characters while “commanders” will refer to the base and army building position, even though it would also be played by a real, human, player.

A player has an economy system exactly like that of the commander in Halo Wars, one resource that increases in income rate as resources area acquires, except that the players will not have the authority to build supply pads. Instead, the commander can dedicate supply pads to supplying all or some of his allied players or simply give his players a lump sum of resources, like the “give supplies to friendly” ability in Halo Wars that the commander has when one of his supply pads is activated. With this system alone, the players would be very dependent on the commander, which would rob players of the potential to have significant impact on their teams performance if the commander is not performing well, so the players should have other means to acquire resources.

Other means for players to acquire resources should be gathering resource crates and utilizing map relics that provide resources, both of which are seen in Halo Wars. Finally the last and most prevalent means for players to acquire resources would be the combat reward system, a system that rewards players with resources for all combat oriented accomplishments, such as enemy kills, vehicles captured, bases captured or destroyed etc, which functions almost exactly like the point reward system of Halo 4, to which the players are able to receive ordinance; in this case, the ordinance would be delivered or fire-dropped in from the Spirit of Fire, the UNSC ship responsible for delivering airstrikes for the humans in Halo Wars, and may include ordinance of any weapon or unit which may then be under the player's command, be it giving orders like a Ghost Recon game or commandeering a vehicle, like the other Halo games. I think the players, with the sufficient resources of course should be able to call in, at least, basic airstrikes, similar to the human leader powers of Halo wars, which would not activate the cool down for the commander; the player should also be able to upgrade his airstrike capabilities using his own resources as well. Lastly, just like the commander is able to give resources to the players, the players should also be able to give resources to the commander.

Every time a player dies he will need to summoned by the Spirit of Fire or one of the commanders buildings. The player, if wishing to respawn as a spartan, will need to pay the resource cost of a spartan from his own resources to be deployed again. If the player has sufficient resources, before being deployed, the player may equip him or her self with desired weapons, equipment, armor and vehicles. The deployment process would be fire-dropped as an infantry unit from the Spirit of Fire, pelican-dropped from the spirit of Fire in a vehicle, or simply deployed from an allied commanders base if they have the sufficient buildings.

Stepping outside the imagery of the human faction, players of the covenant faction should be able to play and upgrade covenant leaders and their leader powers as seen in Halo Wars. The scarab should also be able to be utilized but the player will not be controlling the scarab directly. Instead, he would be controlling an infantry unit that is driving the scarab, which allows for enemies to commandeer the scarab or dispose of the scarab by infiltration and self-destruction, rather than destroying it wit overwhelming firepower, like in Halo Wars.

Overall, what I want in a game is the perfect balance of simplicity, to allow for easy operation, and complexity, to allow for varied strategy, which Halo Wars and the classic Halo games have mastered; so, to bring these two games together would be truly and literally fantastic.

To all the readers, please give feedback and criticism to both the idea and concepts and my writing skills so I can refine them and, if Possible, keep your reply messages concise for my reading convenience but certainly not at the cost of quality contribution. Hopefully, if this is refined and becomes renowned enough, it will become something that a game studio, be it 343 industries, Ensemble Studios, Bungie etc., will find worthy and interesting enough to create. Call me crazy but it may just work.

Thank You, very much.

welll i also have some ideas like

gametypes/modes

i want something like halo wars was like but this would be a mode call spartan wars where you have to build up a base and get money call supplies and you have to train units and upgrade them through stages that take 5 to 10 min. this also has a storyline to it.

I LOVE the idea of mixing Halo Wars and classic Halo mechanics together to make a Halo Real-time strategy First-person Shooter hybrid. You can Read and contribute to my full forum post about the idea but basically a multiplayer game would consist of a commander playing a standard game of Halo Wars while four or so other players are playing spartans in a first person view on the ground of the battlefield, among the commanders armies. I think this game would be masterpiece.

Alongside these amazing ideas, from a no life point of view. (That would be me.) I think Halo 5 needs more "incentives" to play longer. 

Halo : Reach has commendations (Reason I still play it.) Halo 4's Commendations were laughable, and the rank is laughable. CSR? Sure, it's harder, but where's the reward for getting 50's? 

So H5 just needs some incentives like the Haunted Helmet from Reach or getting 50's in every playlist like H3 for Recon.

I really think a mixture of Armor (for reaching Max Rank) and EXTREMELY cool armor effect or helmet, nameplate, skins etc for getting 50's  in  playlists AND something for reaching 100% commendation progress.

I would be on that like a fat kid loves cake.

Good ideas above. Also, I just have to say (again), as a Forger, I want the Forge to have some truly impressive upgrades--there have been several really good ideas proposed by myself and others over the years (going back to H3 when phased was still a glitch) that they can choose from. I think 343 needs to realize more than Bungie did that much of what brings players to Halo is the Custom Gaming.

So, 1. the Forge needs some truly refreshing upgrades, and; 2 The Custom Games options need to be expanded to allow more innovative customization, and; 3. When I create a specific gametype within, say, Slayer, I would like to see that specific gametype show up in the Forge advanced options such as with spawns, objectives and objects. That is my two cents (again).

CV

I would like to see Invasion, Firefight, and a truly stellar multiplayer Flood playlist.

Invasion, but with Flood infested ships :().

I want the Flood back, I second your Flood playlist wish,

and I want 343 to do what Bungie never got up the courage to do, which is signficantly upgrade the Forge and expand customization tools for custom gametypes and Forge customizing options.

I suspect limiting the power of the Forge has to do with DLC, which is to say, $$. I don't think that players will stop buying the DLC if the Forge is drastically improved. If aything it will push the 343 peeps to step up their own end of map creativity. 343 has a grand opportunity to pull Halo back up to the top. The artwork is a massive jump up from Reach, in my opinion, so it can only get better. The forge community is a very important part of the overall Halo community, so making essential changes to the Forge experience is a no-brainer.

Ideally I would like to see multiplayer on one disk (with a long campaign), spartan ops/firefight one one, and Forge on a disk of it's own. Having Forge on it's own disk would give 343 the room they need to expand it's capabilities, and extra room could have weapons/vehicle storage, etc.

CV

A few things for halo 5

Campaign:

1- keep your weapons between missions, it would be kinda nice for those back-to-back, no resupply missions,or to be able to choose your starting weapons for a mission.

2- Explore the various factions fates, how did Humanity return to power, what are the Sangeheli doing, The fate of the Covenant Loyalists

3-Space warfare, fighting in starships, and in space battles, maybe have a mission where you leave your dying starship  and jump over and turn enemies ships guns against them

4- Dynamic choices- example choose between taking out AA or vehicle support, which can affect weather you have to face wraiths later, or you can get Pelican resupply. Gives campaign replayability, different choices new mission every play-through.

5- Maybe see action as a normal soldier, or ODST against the URF insurectionests (rebels)

6- Infiltration missions (where detection= failure)

7- A point where your gun jams/becomes useless, and you have to fight hand-to-hand or improvise

Enemies:

1- Bring back the covenant Loyalists

2- Human Rebels (from the books)

Weapons:

1- Dual Wielding- I know its hard to code but its sooooo coool, and fun to use!

2- SMG Bring-it-back

3- Plasma Rifle- theres a reason it was in every EVERY halo game until 4 ( its Iconic)

4- Weapon customization (your on the right path with re-skins) but keep it original

Vehicles:

1- UNSC air vehicle

2- a UNSC ghost like vehicle

3- destructable weapon hardpoints (because removing a scorpions cannon is so amusing)

Other:

1- weapon dropping walk with it down

2- Possibly unarmed/ knife/ meele only combat (maybe a button pressing till one player screws up)

3- Arbiter, and the elites, and other characters for multi-player use.

4- Keep working on armor customization- bring back Reach armor add-ons

5- open custom game playlists, join-able from matchmaking in-progress.

6- FORGE WORLD!

7- bringing back firefight is a good idea

8- keep things realistic adding armor flashligts or night vision or infared needing maps

9- more of those little real world things (reaching out and pressing a button, tripping, ect)

10- more assassination types and animations

11- keep adding on to forge make it bigger, better, if you think its impossible, Halo finds a way

• Like 1

Firefight just HAVE to return and evolved. I mean after beating the campaign on every difficulty at least twice in Halo 4 I was quite bored since i don't have Xbox live, remember 343industries, there's people that DON'T have xbox live :) Now to the proposals: In the new firefight I'd like to play as all the Covenant races not only Elites but all kinds of Elites: General, Zealot (My personal favourite) etc, all kinds of Brutes, Hunters, all types of Grunts (Okey maybe not grunts but this is all ideas ;) ) and all types of Jackals. Also i would like to see that the UNSC have troops aswell so it would be more like a battlefield and like in "Battlemode" (If you would call it that) I'd like to see that the player could command the AI to follow, attack target, throw grenades etc, and maybe the player could ingame order troops and vehicles (In Phantoms/Pelicans)  and airstrikes maybe and this maybe would cost some kind of money so you can't spam the best of the best all the time. Imagine you as a Elite leading a Spec ops team in a UNSC base and get behind the enemy killing them with your energy swords... Oh the glory! (Energy swords are going to be in the game right?) Also I would like to see that in firefight you can upgrade your troops and vehicles damage/armor/reload speed/accuracy/maybe abilities/running speed etc... Maybe even choose what kind of weapons your troops are going to have... Also I would like to see the Flood and Prometians playable and in Firefight/Battlemode (Also Battlemode and Firefight should be chooseable which you want to play) imagine a 1vs1vs1 (UNSC vs The Covenant vs The Flood) or a 1vs1vs1vs1 or maybe a 2vs1 (the alone faction would of course have more "money" or/and upgrades) Thank you 343industries for reading this and I know it's hard to code and script all this but well you asked for ideas and here you go :D I hope I gave you some kind of inspiration atleast. (Please bring back firefight! ;) ) All the best, Eric.

This is how i imagine the introduction to the campaign should be.

Introduction to game:

You are a spartan (obviously) that has just landed on a UNSC ship. This ship could be Infinity but it could be another frigate exploring the outer reaches. This ship is like Infinity in the sense that there are hundreds of spartans aboard. The ships mission is classified and you have no idea why your there. So you land and you and the 6 other spartans you're with are greeted by the ships commanding officer. He/She decides to put you right into training pinning you against your fellow spartans. This sequence can introduce how the game is played, for new players, such as controls, looking around, weapon changing etc...the usual. So you fight in against your team, learning haw to play and ALL OF THE SUDDEN! the hallagram battle field turns off and you feel the ship is shaking. An alarm begins to go off because the ship is under attack so you and your team go to join the other spartans in defending the ship.

First level(s):

During the fighing you witness spartans being killed left and right by the enemy (which could be the covenent or more promethians) You see 4 or your team mates die in various brutal ways so you and your team gets pushed back. your team leader gives you orders you  to go protect the captain in the control room. you work your way over experiencing death all around you and the brutal force of this enemy. you get to the command room and you speak with the captain and he gives you an AI and tells you to go to a certain part of the ship. Your character is reluctant because you fell you should protect him but you decide to go. You and your AI named Sienna work your way through the battle till you make it to the back of the ship. Sienna directs you to a door and opens it up for you... inside there are slip space capsules that you woke up in as master chief in  Halo 1 and 4 but this one is different; it looks bigger with more parts to it. You put sienna into one of the capsule controls and the it happens.

Cut scene/next level:

The machine connected to the capsule grabs your arms and legs, removing your armor. Sienna tells you to calm down but you keep struggling against it. After your armor is removed it forcefully places you into the capsule, locks you in and injects you with some sort of substance. then BLACK. You start to slowly regain consciousness and the capsule opens but you can hardly see because everything is blurry. the machine picks you up from the capsule and put on a new kind of spartan/forerunner hybrid armor. you fall to your hands and knees (no helmet on) and try to regain strength. Then you hear the capsule right next to yours open up and let another spartan out. but you're still looking at the ground. You hear him walkover to you and he say "On your feet spartan". as you look up you see the spartan standing there. He calmly puts his helmet on just as you were looking up  so you don't get to see his face but you realize it's Master Chief in his iconic armor with forerunner upgrades.  He puts his hand out and helps you up and you notice the ship around you is destroyed. You turn and put your helmet on and your shield activate. You and master chief work your way throughout the destroyed ship until you get half way through it. You come to an opening in the ship revealing a new world. Half of the ship broke off and the front half landed somewhere else with the captain inside. You then realize you're about to fight your way though the planet of the elites (and covenant).

Spartan characters:

+Different classes with perks

-Heavy trooper spartan- a bit slower (speed wise) but stronger in every way. armor is bigger and bulkier and they can take more damage. heavy weapon loadouts

-Pilot spartan- able to fly/drive vehicle better, lock/see on to other vehicles on the battlefield. enemy players on battlefield are marked so the pilot can find then easier (only in vehicle)

-Tactical spartan- doesn't appear on uav as easy, less armor resulting in a little bit weaker. able to spawn with silenced loadouts.

-spartan troop- normal health, loadouts and can choose from certain perks

Character look: 

-able to customize everything, even more than halo 4.

-weapons on back should be vertical (like in gears of war) so all your characters weapons, grenades etc can are completely visible to other players

-heavy troopers a little bigger, tactical a little smaller (armor wise)

random improvements:

-Vehicles should all be first person. covenant vehicles like banshee and wraith would have cool see through aliens display on inside.

-able to change reload animations such as swinging the gun around.

Being a new spartan with a new AI solves the "bring Cortana back" idea that i disagree with. fight in a campain alongside master chief and show spartans are not an unstoppable force, that they can be broken.

All in all make game more realistic and bring back the Arbiter. 

• Like 1

1). Killcams & Fix Final Killcams and please add :D I enjoyed them for the first few days

2). SMG

3). More skins for weapons

4). More Gametypes

5). Better Servers, I dislike how you have to wait just for a match to start because the lobby isn't full, just send ppl in and then join other players.

6). Loadouts again... :D I love the loadouts!

7). More Ranks... I'm at lvl 130 and I can't level up anymore it really sucks!

8). Special armor... Like if you prestige or something u can get Hayabusa or Didact armor etc.

9). All grenades: spike, frag, plasma, pulse, incindeary... It makes customizing more fun and thought full!

10). Also more loadouts weapons: AR, BR, DMR, carbine, light rifle, SMG, storm rifle, suppressor, etc.

1). Oh and last more weapons and old...

Other than that I he 343 considers some of these Ideas, especially ranks and prestige:D thank 343 and make halo a game bungie could hav never made

Oh yea and a powerful ordinance drops like

- Target Locator

- Sentinial over watch ( a bunch of Sentinials come to assist you, kinda like autosentry but this one follows you)

- Call in promethean crawlers( they run around and shoot/ attack other players)

- Flamethrowers, missile pods etc

• Like 1

ODST Mission's in Halo 5, i think is a bad idea, because it would negate the need for a new Halo: ODST game.  Which we want, and made better than it was before (not that there was anything wrong with it, apart from the MM), i would propose it to be a different type of game than the Campaign it was.  Instead of one large Campaign, cut it up in to 12 to 15 Mission's, based on Reach, Earth and the Inner Colonies.   Bring back Firefight (with MM) and make the ODST's fully customizable, Weopon's too.

Elite's should return to Halo 5, Arnitor, too, and the Covenant Civil war brought to a close, or near close.

As for the Flood, Halo 3 sorted that out, they are all gone.  Permanantly sorted. 

Prometheon's are the hardest foe to date, and more frustrating that Evading Elite's.  But a challenge.  Any one else get's pissed off when you are about to get the killer blow, and the tele off some where else ???

Halo 4 was short on decent Vehicle's, so bring back, Hornet's, Falcon's or some of the best Vehicle's from previous game's.  Bring back that TRUE Halo feeling.

Load-Out's.  I am not sure they were mentioned.  Whilst i am not totally against the Call of Duty idea of Load-Out's, i was angered by the stupididty of 343 with thing's like Wheelman (Vehicle's last longer because of an Implant is stupid), AA Efficency (reducing the time the shield regenerate's, just to create AA Efficency.  Stupid), Stability (another stupid, because you should not need it Implant) and Gunner (the whole idea of this is beyond stupid).

Weopan's.  Some of the Weopon's in Halo 4 are nice, but i do miss some of the better weopon's from Halo Reach and Halo 3.  SMG, Mauler, Plasma Rifle, Beam Rifle and i loved the Brute Grenade.

Halo 5 need's a Firefight, whether it is combining the Spartan Op's as a duel Game Type, so you can play Sp-Op's or Firefight, or just making both available.  We need Firefight.

As for the Campaign, i hear it is a dark story line.  Maybe it is the story of Cortana, but she will return.  The Librarian stated that Cortana and the Master Chief are, i think it was, inseperable.  She is apart of him, as he is apart of her.

Let's us remember, the Librarian modified the Chief, so i am guessing Cortana is in there, some where.  Buried deep inside the Chief's mind.

Well, that is my take.  Right or wrong, my opinion is posted :D

1). Killcams & Fix Final Killcams and please add :D I enjoyed them for the first few days
2). SMG
3). More skins for weapons
4). More Gametypes
5). Better Servers, I dislike how you have to wait just for a match to start because the lobby isn't full, just send ppl in and then join other players.
6). Loadouts again... :D I love the loadouts!
7). More Ranks... I'm at lvl 130 and I can't level up anymore it really sucks!
8). Special armor... Like if you prestige or something u can get Hayabusa or Didact armor etc.
9). All grenades: spike, frag, plasma, pulse, incindeary... It makes customizing more fun and thought full!
10). Also more loadouts weapons: AR, BR, DMR, carbine, light rifle, SMG, storm rifle, suppressor, etc.
1). Oh and last more weapons and old...
Other than that I he 343 considers some of these Ideas, especially ranks and prestige:D thank 343 and make halo a game bungie could hav never made

Oh yea and a powerful ordinance drops like
- Target Locator
- Sentinial over watch ( a bunch of Sentinials come to assist you, kinda like autosentry but this one follows you)
- Call in promethean crawlers( they run around and shoot/ attack other players)
- Flamethrowers, missile pods etc

Play Call of Duty.  Most of what you want is there.

Ordanace: Smaller versions of Halcyon missles to use in battle on large maps.

New Gamemode: A gamemode where you get to control a frigate (large space ship) in 1st person in your control room. Also add ranks to the gamemode like Admiral, Weapons Controller,etc.

Enemies: Didact (Yes he survived, if listened to the ending you would know this). Prometheans (There were more than one shield world, remember onyx). Basic covenant and maybe a new species if there is enough time in between the master chiefs mourning for cortana.

Tell me what you think about it.

New Gamemode: A gamemode where you get to control a frigate (large space ship) in 1st person in your control room. Also add ranks to the gamemode like Admiral, Weapons Controller,etc.

I like the idea, but maybe a case of multiply players contoling specific parts of the ship? Small teams that are assined role like helmsmen (pilot) weapons enginer/operator, sheilds, engines, power and a guy in charge of a bording party to try and take over or sabotage the other ship

I like the idea, but maybe a case of multiply players contoling specific parts of the ship? Small teams that are assined role like helmsmen (pilot) weapons enginer/operator, sheilds, engines, power and a guy in charge of a bording party to try and take over or sabotage the other ship

I hope Halo 5 includes stuff like the Halo 2 E3 demo, which sadly the Xbox couldn't handle. but hopefully with the next gen stuff it can, i mean seeing cover explode, marines helping other marines, brutes/covenants jumping down from drop ships boarding vehicles. would be sweet. wonder why it was never implemented in the 360, PLEASE ADD THIS 343

• Like 1

I have probably said this before in this or other threads, but what I want to see is a renegade UNSC human faction of scientists/military/etc that become a new enemy. I have not read the books. I might some day, but not today. Think about this:

Consider all that the humans have learned from encountering the Covenant, the Flood, the Forerunners, Prometheans, etc. It seems completely odd to me that after all of these influences the human culture would remain largely the same. Truthfully, this makes no sense at all to me. In every encounter between two human cultures in human history, and particularly when there is wars, such as WWI, WWII, etc., there have been technological advances, and usually these different cultures have advanced technologically due to the influence from the other. So, by extension, it would seem that human technology would be even more affected by encountering alien cultures and their technology. Anything else would simply be arrogance, or ignorance. To me the cultures in Halo are a bit too homogeneous--meaning they never seem to present any marked advances, as you would think by that time technological advancement would be faster than even today, and encountering alien cultures and their technologies would influence the development of our own.

So, what I want to see is a breakaway group of humans who are perhaps obsessed or interested in the Forerunners and Covenant technologies, even Flood and Promethean. This would be a way to introduce new human technologies (vehicles, weapons, equipment, armor types, spartans, etc) that would otherwise not fit within the current paradigm. It would be an interesting twist, and perhaps a reason for this groups dissension could be connected to some Forerunner or Precursor technology or secret, like a Holy Grail---or the truth about the Flood, as I believe I have seen it said that the Flood are made of the dust that was once the Precursors.

It would be a way to evolve the game, while keeping it Halo. I don't care what the book worms think. I think this would be a smart way to introduce new enemies and new conflicts and adventures, esp from a game/campaign perspective.

I just wanted to get this off my chest and share these thoughts. As anyone that might read my contributions to threads, or the threads I create, I tend to think outside the box. I am not a conventional thinker, and am not afraid to contemplate unusual or seemingly absurd scenarios.

CV

• Like 1