The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

I think that Pelicans should be flyable in spartan ops, custom games or even matchmaking. In the halo 4 campaign they were flyable but there was nothing to do in it, no obstacles just a giant open space to fly around in with only one enemy type to fight (phantoms) and a small number of that enemy. Imagine carring troops in spartan ops or matchmaking to enemy base or having to fly through narrow spaces whilst gunning down wraiths and banchees with all troops operating a different weapon. The possibilities for its use in sparton ops is endless. Id love to see this in halo 5 or possibly halo 4 season 2. :) thanks for reading. ps flamethrower and maulers must return boltshot needs to be scrapped.

Agree, pelicans for spartan ops season 2!

Also, they could just remake the boltshot into a mauler, if the brutes ain't returning.

The standard things, Flood, Forerunner vehicles, offline Spartan Ops, dual-wielding, brutes. Not the drones though... dear god not the drones. The Watchers are bad enough, and they at least fly away when you shoot them. Those things were some unholy watcher/crawler hybrid, but also Needlers. I'd love to see our little Huragok buddies return, they're one of my favourite things.

New weapons, of course. Something to make the Forerunner weapons a bit more distinct. I was thinking something to do with the ammunition, but since there's already cooldown and clips, I wasn't entirely sure what it would be.

Some other kind of flying machine for multiplayer. We've got the Banshee, the Banshee, the Banshee, and the Mongoose off a ramp/cannon. I'd like to replace two instances of Banshee in that last statement.

A new variety of Forerunner enemy, be it mechanical like the Sentinels, or Promethean. As horrible as it would be, they lack a "Hunter", so something big and bulky that eats ammunition for breakfast, lunch and dinner. To make it different, have it use a more spray-and-pray type weapon as opposed to the one-shot kaboom of the Hunter.

And finally, another Halo. Or two. Or all of them.

I think we should have:

The Pelican in multiplayer,

A short range teleportation armor ability,

The Revnent instead of the Wraith,

EQUIPMENT (I Loved It.),

Dual Weilding,

Promethean/Forerunner vehicles.

Agree, pelicans for spartan ops season 2!

Also, they could just remake the boltshot into a mauler, if the brutes ain't returning.

Agreed, Actual i can fly it only for like 0.0000001 seconds.

I would like to see:

Mechanics:

-Duel wielding 

-Swimming 

Guns:

-SMG

-Silenced SMG

-Needle Rifle

-Spiker

-Napalm grenade

-Grenade launcher (sort of like reaches but with physics more like that of the sticky detonator)

-Two types of rockets, antivehicle (low splash damage, high penetration, locks onto ALL vehicles), and antipersonnel (high splash damage, very little penetration (bad against vehicles), an doesnt track anything)

Vehicles:

-Falcon

-Hornet

-Some kind of 3 passenger covenant light assault vehicle

Story

-Needs to be much darker that halo 4

-Flood should return (with a twist)

-Arbiter should return

• Like 1

1. The Didact must somehow come to realize his mistakes and align with humanity. Remember, in the books, he isn't exactly the opposition; the Builders are. He will become a more meaningful character, because the Covenant (including the Arbiter) revere him, and the humans hate him. Chief will hate him initially but once Cortana is revealed to be still alive, she tells Chief it was her own doing, not the Didact's.

2. Spartan Ops and Firefight both make a return. Spartan Ops will follow the plot of the Storm Covenant and Arbiter's war against them, with the Infinity assisting yet again. Firefight will take place from Fireteam Crimson's POV, and will have a strong connection to the Spartan Ops story.

3. Spartan Ops missions will be taking place from Fireteam Crimson's POV, which will involve assisting Sangheili forces against the remainder of the Storm Covenant. There will be a wider variety of objectives, such as 'drive here and collect resources' or 'fly around and deploy scanners in an unmapped area'. There will be missions that will have Crimson take command of Mammoths or Pelicans to deepen the variety of gameplay.

4. Firefight will have deploy-able defenses, such as turrets, vehicle pads, and cover barricades, similar to Dominion. Resupply drops will take place every 2.5 minutes, and games can last up to 1 hour. There will be an AI, likely Roland, that will tell you when reinforcements are incoming and what kinds of enemies you can expect. At the end of every set, a boss (such as a squad of Wraiths, a Scarab, or two Phantoms) will appear and you will have to defeat it to advance. There will be larger maps and a smarter AI system than Firefight 2.0.

5. Armor & Loadout customization will be much more meaningful, rewarding and in-depth, with hundreds of armor pieces that give you small stat bonuses. Loadouts have many more options including the existing Halo 4 selection. Weapon mods will boost weapon performance and give players a more varied experience. There will be over 30 different armor colors, customizable into four sections - primary, secondary, tertiary, and detail. Armor skins are universal and can be applied to any armor set. This extreme degree of customization will ensure that no two Spartans play the same way.

Well, my brain is spent for tonight. I will add more to this post tomorrow, including my wishes for specializations, vehicles, weapons, multiplayer gamemodes, and improvements.

The ranking system i halo 4 was once again a flop, in my opinion the rank should show how good you are, not like in reach how much you have played or as in halo 4 how much you have boosted or done easy 30000 exp challenges.

In halo 3 was the best system so far where you actually had to work hard to get a high rank, since you had to earn   highest skill points and harder earned exp, and if you didn't win the match you hardly got any exp at all.

Another small thing 343 could improve to the next halo is when you zoom with your rifle and get shot it should zoom out again just like in the other halos, because sometimes its disturbing, for example when you shoot a sniper from a distance he can still easily snipe you before you get him killed.

Otherwise I actually don't have much more to say, you guys have already said everything about forge, custom games, playable charaters etc. and I can agree with the most of it, let's just hope 343i sees this thread before starting on halo 5! 

I just thought of this, modifiable guns, i know i know CoD but i mean it more like Battlefield little things, lights on the guns, different scopes, ammo types and so on, i know it probably wont happen, but i love both halo and battlefield, y not merge them into 1 game?? oh and keep the seperat games to

I want my idea of a Reaper to be added. Details are on the thread somewhere on the forum, but for now here is a short version:

Tne Repaer is a tri-legged walking Banshee looking thing. It is meant to be a Covenant Mantis. But the Reaper can climb walls and has one turret that can charge to fire a Wraith-like bullet.

Needle Grenades or needle grenade launchers. 

The needle grenade is a covenant grenade that when detonated, launches needles in every direction much like the spike grenade from halo3/odst. 

The grenades smart needles could track targets similar to the needler. If enough of the needles stick into the enemy it will cause them to supercombine and explode in a pink mist. Sticking the grenade to someone will cause them to explode and even launch a few residual needles in the appropriate direction...so Watch out!

The needle grenade is very dangerous but is not designed to destroy vehicles. So if one is planted inside of a tank or mantis cockpit it will kill the driver without destroying the vehicle.

(it would still do moderate damage to the vehicle or destroy it if has already sustained significant damage)

If 343 wanted to get really creative they could even make the needle grenade wall plantable much like the grenades in gears of war. Then you would have the option of using it like a proximity mine. 

Imagine planting a needle bomb on a wall and waiting for someone to walk by. The grenade would damage their shields, giving you the opportunity to finish them off with weapons fire or even another needle weapon for a faster supercombine chain reaction kill. 

The proximity mine feature of the grenade would not be overpowered because once planted the grenade would glow pink and make a sound much like the way sticky detonators flash and beep. 

343 MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

also: BRING BACK INVASION OR SOMETHING SIMILAR! 

• Like 1

Things that SHOULDN'T be in Halo 5:

- Dual wielding. That combat mechanic really didn't do much for the gameplay, and any GOOD weapon that you dual-wielded caused you to look straight up like a moron.

- Flood. That storyline is gone. It's over. That's why we have it in multiplayer.

- Throw things in just because they were good in another Halo. It's the same as Flood. They need to follow a storyline!

Things that SHOULD be in Halo 5:

- Multiple Forge worlds. Most people hate Halo 4 Forge worlds, but I personally love them. Instead of just forging in one bland, boring stone and grass environment, we can access three unique environments

- Better Pulse grenades. Honestly, Pulse grenades can't kill a dang thing in War Games. Perhaps they could add an EMP to them, to make them anti-vehicle? That would be a cool mechanic.

- Better ranking system. Compared to the ranking system in Halo: Reach, the Halo 4 ranking system is amazing. Still, it needs to be more on personal skill, and a little less on victories and play-time.

- More Forge pieces. Some ideas are the explosives crates for covenant and forerunner in the campaign, weapon crates (the ones that are lined with weapons), and perhaps even a few species-specific pieces. Also, Forge could definitely use some natural pieces (trees, for example)

- Better Co-Op. Really? Double Master Chief? What if the first player was John 117 and the rest were unidentified Spartan-IVs?

- Another flying vehicle

- A promethean detachable turred. This turret could have a slower rate of fire than the other turrets, but is more accurate and has a scope

- More gametype options. Things such as custom flood loadouts, naming loadouts (not just presets) and more customizations would make custom gametypes more immersive.

And just maybe...

- Covenant allies ARE possible, since my understanding is that the section of the Covenant that you fight in Halo 4 broke off of the rest of the Covenant

Ideas:

-Have some form of survival mode but with ODSTs against the flood (fight to the death, not like firefight but NOT like COD zombies!)

- ^that means the return of the silenced-SMG   :yes

-Better designs for Armour. Personally, I thought quite a few looked ugly and somewhat stupid in Halo 4.

-Lose all armour abilities (except sprint) and bring back the equipment from Halo 3

-FINE EDITING, LIQUIDS and bigger maps in/for Forge!

-Considering Halo 5 will be next gen, more player per map and gametype.

-Remove weapon/ability drops and go back to placements...

-Visit YouTube for more ideas from the community=    

Here's to Halo 5... Hopefully lol.

1. Bring back the Arbiter, in a cool way. After the first mission, Captain Lasky will see how much grief there is in Master Chief after the loss of Cortana. So Lasky will say "I brought you and old friend," to Master Chief's surprise, it's the Arbiter and they shake hands.

2. Would I like to see some Promethean vehicles that assemble when you sit on them.

3. Brutes are fun, bring them back. Make it so that they were chilling on high charity and now they are going into the heat of battle.

4. Bring the truce with the Elites back again, but only the Elites.

5. Bring back a veteran weapon, the plasma rifle. 

6. Make a promethean turret!!!!

7.Add an armour ability that when an enemy melee's you (when you activate the armour ability) the enemy's melee damage goes straight back to them (like thorns.)

8. Let's face it, Halo 4 didn't even talk about the HALO itself. Have more storyline about the Halo rather then other planets.

9. Make Sarah Palmer horny around Chief.

10. I like spartan ops but add firefight as well (Firefight in the halo 3 odst style.)

Hope you read this 343 and apply the ideas. :D Good luck on Halo 5

I want to see, 1 A new game type where there is 64 players (4 teams) 1 of elites 1 of spartans 1 of permethians and 1 of flood who each start on a diffrent planet each planet has a city or a couple (depending on the team you are) and you take a pelican to the other planets and you can send in ai attacks if you get enoigh points by killing other players, Collecting resources to build a vehicle (like salvageing them) and you get points so you can call in ai attacks and the wining side is the side that controls all of the planents or the objective,you could also get defensive ai, so its kinda like a big 1st person fps/rts mode. i think it would be fun it be able to call in loads of allies to fight with you and each faction has a strength or weakness and each map is randomly generated a map like the one in halo 2 where you gotta kill the heretic and maybe each side is looking for somthing and who ever holds on to it for the longest wins stuff like that, maybe you can sets bots like, a radius of where they go kinda like one when you have a how big a teleportoers step in location is or somthing, and they attack all hostiles, or hold that position, would be cool.if its not in match makeing make it for custom game, also increase custom game size to 64 players (better for machinima) and make it so all races are playable (in custom game types) for machinimas would make them much better.

Have all races playabe for a custom game type so people can make machinima and increase max players to 64 (only for custom games for better machinima)

@JXZAW Or they could take away 95% of armor customization and use the freed up data to store new maps or a different character--the Elite. Weapon skins are better because they are actually noticeable in-game, but twenty chest pieces that look almost exactly the same are not too essential.

What'd I'd like, and iv talked to all my friends on Xbox, all 100, is to have things like the old forge world,

and a pelican, ONE YOU CAN WALK INSIDE AND SIT DOWN, like a flyable elephant. (from halo 3)
It should pilot about 6,

for things like big team battle, or infection. 1 pilot, 4 riders, and 1 turret man.

They also should add things like environmental changes, like adding water, and fire, and night and day.

I'd like more infection options like in Reach, no zombie weapons? COME ON.

Some weapon customizing would be nice. 

I liked the shield door add, i really did, ALL the dominion stuff i liked.

But i would like stuff like lockable doors for forge and custom games, cops and robbers would be AWESOME then. and something we ALLL wanted (besides the pelican addition) first person option for vehicles, and the ability to teleport structure, (it makes Astronauts fun, we get in a building, send it off a cannon, and fly around, you guys gutted the bunker box though so we cant do it anymore. >:/ )

Please, this is a HUGE request from me and all my friends! Have a nice day 343~ :turned:

-Master Chief OI

• Like 1

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/26508-elites-odsts-warfronts-and-other-ideas/

This includes:

- Elite Ops and ODST Ops

- ODSTs in multiplayer

- Arbiter's role in Halo 5 (touched)

- Covenant Separatist immersion to Halo 5

- Ops cutscenes

- Ops canon characters

- Warfronts (a game variant that replaces Firefight)

It's a big thread so be prepared to read a lot. :)

• Like 2

After some reaserch I found
this is what the majority of the community wants so if you could add some of
this ideas to Halo 5  it would be graet

Couple more
missions

Longer
missions

More
weapons (smg,scarab,brutes weapons if they return fire bomb old weapons fleam flower
brute shot plasma rifle etc )

More armor
picese

Halo 2
ranking system(based on ability)

More
specialazations(10 or 12)

Firefight 3.0(with
a flood varient) and spartan ops 2.0

Playable
elites in multiplayer

More game
types and returning ones like the ones in Halo 3(E.X having halo 3 slayer and
regicide

More forge
palete varaiety(forunner,human,covenet structures)

Remove
personal ordenace drops or drastically improve it as it randomenes ruins the
skill its need to play halo

Go back to
maps with strtigicaly placed weapons in them

Hability to
droping the flag

Brutes back(not
necessary in the covenant faction)  and
more forunner enemy clases(promethians) bring back the flood

Not to take
the story to the side that Master Chief is getting old like an AC Reveletions
Ezio(say that the evolution the librarian did to him made him go old slower
than normal or live a bit longer such as forunners)

Human usable
flaying viachels(hornet,falcon,longsowrd)

12 maps min
and more varaiety (snow,fog,space,under water,desertand close quarters )

Bring
equipment back but as granades (emp grenade , trip mine,radar jammer )

Bring back
the flashlight for campaine

Bigger  fore world or worlds and with better terrain
for players to build in

Old theme song
from the original trilogy

Weapons to
stay longer on the ground before despairing

Acual  lights that emit light for forge

Returning viacheals(
brute chopper,hornet,reverant falcon

Ability to
choose wether in forge (sunny,rain,fog)

Take your
time to make the game as we want it to be exellent

• Like 1

343i I'm sorry but Halo 4 didn't live up to its expectations make these game modes, you need to target more than just Halo fans, because Halo is dieing out,

1 Make a space combate game type, like the campagin mission in Halo: Reach but for multiplayer and have diffrent objectives, Slayer, exc.

2. Make A Starwars Battles Front game type for space, teams of 32 or 64 (depending on how well the new Xbox will run, assumeing it will be on the 720) and make it so you must destory parts of the ships ex: The shield generator or life support system, With boarding teams and maybe a bridge attack from the outside, make sure you can wonder around most (key locations) or all of the ships, and make UNSC, (Red) Covenant (Blue) each side has diffrent strength and weakness ex UNSC: has Sabers, Covenant: Better shield on there cruiser and maybe faster fight respawn time (but not as good quality)

3. Make a flood survivale game type (kinda like the alien movies where youre stranded on a ship and must salvage supplies ex: Amoe, weapons, food (to regain health and to keep stamina up). And make it scary, so its all dark, and it can be played with up to 16 Spartans/Elites a bunch of flood bots and when you die you join the flood. (Make sure the ship is big and people don't spawn near each other, also make it so you must eat food every now in then (will make it interesting to watch Spartans/Elites fight each other for supplies) Make it so flood crawl out of vents or nick and crannies (make it so the game will have the alien movie effect. (To win the None infected must kill the Flood Gravemind which will be hidden on the map). Make sure the map is randomley generated each time.

4. Make it so you can play classic halo 3 style (assult rifle and pistole spawn) no armor or ordenance and make it so the game plays like halo 3 (for a game type) have halo 3 pick ups and no sprint (also include some halo 3 maps) This would be a good game type and make it so theres slayer,ctf and lots of other game types in this, have it as a seperate tab then you can select which one, ALSO bring back VIP, INVASION, ASSULT, why did you take them out in Halo: 4????????????

Any ways, im sure if you add these youll increase Halo's community and attract new players, and please make all races playable in a certain custom game type (for machinimas), Plus you should put  Halo:5 on PC, i mean why not, Microsoft owns PC, So seems like it would work, Well thanks for reading this and good luck on Halo: 5 hope you make it another Halo: 2 OR BETTER  OH AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE THE MUSIC MORE LIKE HALO 1.2.3 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Declan Merrick

General:

- FPS aspect like Halo 2 (weapon positioned on the middle)

- Promethean Vehicles

- Air UNSC vehicles

- Balanced weapons

Campaign:

- More open field missions

- More AMMO

- Missions with more variety of vehicles, even allies as foes.

- BOSS fight

- More UNSC Marines, and Spartans fighting beside the Master Chief in Campaign

- The return of the ODST's

- Prometheans darker and more cruel, with faster, surprising and constant attacks

- More chaotic missions

- More variety of scenario.

Multiplayer:

- Some maps inspired on Campaign

- Objective animations (CGs), before and after some game mode

IF THERE ARE MORE ISSUES, I'LL REMEMBER LATER.

• Like 1