The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

1 thrid person would scew halo

2 arby is onfirmed in halo 5

3 dual weliding should be out blace issues

if u dont know sparteen ops is firefight with a objetive i also find sprten ops more enjoyble than firefight

1 i agree 3rd person view would ruin halo(allow you to check for campers,while camping is cheap this would be cheaper yet)

2. arby in h5 make sense if you have read glasslands, and sweet.

3.i disagree dual weilding was part of other halo games and when done right it dose not unbalance the game.

4.spartan ops similar but not the same as firefight, firefight seems more defensive in nature, while spartan ops is more offensive objecitves, also spartan ops dose not have enough enemies on the map at one time when compaird to odst and reach.i really feel they should have both spartan ops and firefight.

• Like 1

now for my wants and opinions:

1. all weapons that appeared in all other halo games.

unsc

magnum (h1 and h3 basicly the same),and silenced magnum from odst

smg (h2 and h3 basicly the same), and silenced one from odst

brute shot

sniper

beam rifle

mauler

shotgun

plasma pistol

needler

bianary rifle

storm rifle

plasma rifle(1 red like h2, one blue like h2,and one like reach)

so on and so forth, I do mean ALL of them, which dose mean dual weilding! but they must be carefully balanced!

2.ALL vehicals that apperead in other halo games (including those from halo wars) some drivable ie vampire hornet, others not scarab.

3. all races from other games! none of them have gone exstinct so.....do not nessiarily have to be in multiplayer(elites should be though) should be in campaign and spartan ops and firefight.

4.all play lists from other halo games and a racing playlist(both team race like rocket race, and free for all races)

5. better forge mode(even better than reaches, not worse like h4's)

6.theater mode viewable by more than one person at a time(only one has control over what is seen though), and theater for spartan ops, firefight, and campaign.

7.story line follow other halo games and books everything canon (except reach because of contradictions)

8. a lot more remakes of maps(keep them as true to the originals as possible),expecally the maps from h2 because h2 maps had best playability and design(maps from reach and h4 seem to lack a certin balance the others had),

basicly i would like them to keep the things that made halo "halo". and add to them rather than picking and choosing some and leaving others out.

Okay, so first, since I've gotten this before, don't dis me on my name.

Now, I am not going to go into the weapons, the gameplay, the maps, etc. because the list is TOO freakin' long, and everyone else seems to have those areas covered.

What I do want to express is that, no matter how much I am into Halo as a video game, I was appalled as an Author that the STORY took the turn that it did... HELLO they killed a main character!

How many people where NOT pissed off when they killed Rachel Dawes in Batman? My point is, killing a main character of any kind is REALLY bad plot writing skills, and 343/Halo did just that when Cortana 'multiplied' and then ended up telling 'John' that she 'wasn't coming with him this time'.

My hope as an Author is that they find a way to bring Cortana back, my hope as a gameplayer is that they work her coming back INTO the plot and don't make it THE PLOT. Maybe something along the lines of her and John 'taking care' of each other again(saving each other in same way...) I don't want the next plot to simply be a depressed mission about finding the long lost love AI and bringing her back from where ever she is.

Another thing; how many where confused when the 'narrator' says, at the end of Halo 4, 'the reclamation has already begun, and we are hopeless to stop it'? Which side is he talking about?

And what did the 'Librarian' do to Master Chief? Seriously, did she turn him into a Forerunner, or is he just a 'descendant' of them and still human. I think that all these things spanned out through out the plot line would have made a great game plot but putting them ALL together into one game was WAY TOO confusing, to much crap going on.

So like I said; bring Cortana back, but don't make it all about her, just tie her into it. And PLEASE explain the whole thing that the 'Librarian' did, and while your at it tell us whether she is on the Forerunner's side or Our side.

And I do agree with everyone on maps, weapons, enemies, allies, and what not, don't think I'm not there... I just decided not to get into it this time, Everyone else seems to know what they are talking about.

Hope this sparks some discussion if not, please don't haggle me or attack me about my choice of post. Thanks.

Spartan Ops to me was just annoying because I dont have XBOX LIVE!

I agree that that aspect is bad, they should make it accessible without live as well as the amount we die i reckon they shouldmake it more campaign where if u die u go to a checkpoint (or if everyone dies)

there should be movable objects in forge ex.doors,gates,elavators and more

I agree COMPLETELY

there should be pelicans and phantoms in multiplayer also be able to get into passenger areas instead of just turret ex. falcon you could only get in the turrets

in forge there should be a variety of maps but alot bigger and different environments ex. one a jungle/beachy, an arctic one, a desert one

elites should be in multiplayer too

you should also be able to control weather in custom maps depending on environment ex. rain/storm on a jungle type and snowing in an arctic environment. and be different texture forge objectsex. covenant structure, unsc structure,forerunner structure.also more natural objects like trees and more rocks and be able to change between nighttime/daytime and can add lightpole type objects.

in campaign 343 said they put more details from the books and i read the books and it didnt really seem like it so they should try doing that more and add a few of the other spartan 2's like fred, kelly, or linda and glad arbiters confirmed

you should be able to turn on weapon flashlight on in multiplayer. also be able to lower weapon easily and i've always wanted to be able to lay down AND crouch

1. I want the chopper. it was my favorite vehicle.

2. I want the plasma rifle with the brutes plasma rifle.

3. I want the brute shot and spiker again. i kicked but with those.

4. dual wielding, definitely with energy swords.

5. like said above a promethium vehicle, and a new human flying vehicle, and more cove vehicles.

6. Incineration cannon NEEDS to be less cheap because that's all noobs do now.

7. i want the human shotgun to look more like reach was.

8. infection game type so we can play teacher and fat kid again, or an edited version of flood where we can get those game types again.

9. I want arby back in the story.

10. like said above elites in multiplayer again, one reason is for machinimas like rise of the spartans (which was the best machinima ever besides RvB) and for the fun of it too.

11. firefight back.

12. MUCH bigger forge maps.

13. a few map remakes from halo 1, like the map infinity, death island or longest, etc... and a few from halo three like sand trap or sandbox.

14. some of the original halo 1 multiplayer.

15. the ability to fight with fists or with knifes or the swords from halo three that we had only for looks but to actually use those and to use energy swords like light sabers.

16. and a mix between a gravity hammer and an energy sword and much more but i can't list all of them

1. ARBITER- He could come back, as like the leader of the new covenant ( not evil ) and help the UNSC fight the forerunners

2. Hornet or Falcon. Just banshees are boring

3. Previous halo game cameos.

4. C12 detonative explosives, like in the book Halo: The Fall of Reach

5. Not trying to copy off of COD, since I'm all Halo and not a COD player, but a survial game mode against waves of flood, in different maps. To do this you'd have to bring back firefight and add it as a game mode for firefight.

6. Older versions of the Mark ___ helmets should be available as well.

7. Bigger forge maps, and they should be on requiem. All we have is impact (which isn't even like forge, its just empty) and ravine.

8. Make the game more "newbie" friendly, like set a matchmaking type just for sr20 and below. Also add training. Fix the regicide unfairness, you shouldnt get overshields for running around, like a lot of people do in 1v1, even in matchmaking. Make it so you only keep the overshields if you get a kill within about 20 second, same with reign of terror. or make it so the second place guy gets the stuff.

9. Get rid of the annoying person who sings in the main menu. Its kind of... Not halo and doesn't fit. I'm not sure.

10. Bring back the elites.

11(7). As I mentioned above, it would be cool if the Arbiter started a new covenant, and they have different beliefs and are allies with the UNSC.

12. FORERUNNER VEHICLES FTW!

• Like 2

i like the idea of c12 explosives from the books and i would like an option for 1st person vehicles

and i liked the silenced pistol and smg from ODST

active camo should be more like halo 3 with no jammer and you can move without it fading

and maybe add a hawk from halo wars and falcon and in multiplayer aerial ships like falcon and anyothers they might add should have pilot weapons instead of just turrets for passengers but not to overpowered

halo 5 should have more defined armor because in halo 4 all the armor looked similar, if you were in a game you couldnt tell what armor they were wearing and add more armor unlocked by special things instead of just ranking up like in halo 3 you had to get skulls to get hayabusa and complete campaign on different difficulties. and if elites are in multiplayer which i hope i think the customization should be similar to halo 3 where you could mix and match unlike halo reach when it was a set of armor. I would also like a better color pallet with more colors and variety but i did like the visors from halo 4

I have wanted a permanent alliance with humanity and a covenant species like the elites(the arbiters forces) or the grunts

a good reason why humanity is now dominant over the covenant because they still have their same weapons and armor and they now are suddenly stronger than the covenant and humanity needs plasma or hard light based weapons and improved armor for their ships and soldiers

remade maps from Halo 3, Reach and 4

Bring back duel wielding

Bring back SMG's , shadows, specters, hornets, falcons and elephants

flyable phantoms and both phantoms and pelicans available in multiplayer

an idea for a new vehicle the storm scarab: a smaller weaker version of the scarab that can be damaged by conventional weapons and is drive able and maybe it could be available in one or two maps on multiplayer

more flyable broadswords

forge NPC's

more discovered halo's and a return of the ark installation

the return of the UNSC Spirit of Fire

more unique or distinctive armor like from Halo Reach because all of the chest pieces and some of the shoulder pieces are not distinct or unique

This is my Opinion and is not to be judged

Vehicles

Covenant:

Ghost, Spectre (2 variants), Wraith, Draugr (Covie mantis), Shadow, Scarab, Banshee, Phantom, Spirit, Seraph, Cruiser, Carrier, and a Supercarrier.

Human:

Mongoose, Warthog, Scorpion, Mantis, Elephant, Mammoth, Hornet, Falcon, Pelican, Broadsword, ODP, Frigate, Cruiser, and Infinity

Promethean:

Pawn (Pro Ghost), Rook (Pro Spectre), Bishop (Pro banshee), and Titan (Pro Seraph)

Weapons:

Plasma Pistol, Magnum, Boltshot

Plasma Rifle, SMG, Suppressor

Plasma Reapeator, Assault Rifle, Light Repeater

Carbine, Battle Rifle, DMR, Light Rifle

Concussion Rifle, Railgun, Light Cannon

Needler, Shotgun, Scattershot

Fuel Rod Cannon, Rocket Launcher, Incineration Cannon

Beam Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Binary Rifle

Splaser

Plasma Grenade, Frag, Pulse Grenade

Plasma Turret, Machine Gun Turret, Pulse Turret

Features:

• Covenant Separatists (allys) have green tint to their Vehicles and weapons, While Storm Covies (Enemys) Have purple.
  • The last of the Insurrectionists sided with the storm covenant
  • Switches between Cheif at Instalation 02 and Earth to Arby at Sangheilios and back
  • Dual Wielding

Factions:

UNSC and Covenant Separatists (Humans, Elites, Grunts, and Hunters)

Rebels and Storm Covenant (Humans, Elites, Jackals, and Flightless Drones)

Prometheans and Sentinels (Crawlers, Watchers, Smaller Knights, and Sentinels)

Flood (Infected Humans, Infected Elites, Infected Grunts, Infected Jackals, Infection forms, Carrier forms, and Tank forms)

Skulls:

Iron-Same as always

Blackeye-Same as always

Sputnik-same as H2

Ressecion-Same as Halo Anniversary

Bandanna-Same as Halo Anniversary

Feable-Cannot melee

Reflection-Jackals Sheilds reflect Ammo back at you

Drone Birthday Party-Shooting Drones in the head causes a burst of fire and then the sound of thunder

Sheild-All enemys have sheilds now

Useless-All allys have no ammo

IWHBYD-Same as always

Map remakes:

Sandtrap-Ancient

Windward-Head Quarters

Spire-Highrise

Isolation-Infection

Relay-Station

Forge world 2

Mongoose-Pelican

Ghost-Spirit

Pawn-Titan

Frigate peice

Cruiser Peice

Boarding Craft Peice

Total map Area: 7 m2

Armory

Customisable Spartan Armor

Customisable Elite Armor

Customisable Human Like-Promethean

Unlocked by Earning Acheivments, Leveling up, and completing different missions on different difficultys

Starter Spartan Armor: Mark IIV Helmet

Starter Elite Helmet: Minor

Starter Promethean Helmet: Minor

Ranks for Allys and Foes

Allys:

Elite: Minor, Major, Ultra, Zealot, Arbiter

Grunt: Minor, Major, Ultra, Heavy

Hunter: Minor, Major

Foes:

Elite: Minor, Ranger, Commander, Warrior, Zealot

Jackal: Minor, Major, Ultra, Sniper

Flightless Drone: Minor, Major, Honor Guard, Ranger

Crawler: Regular, Sniper, Alpha

Watcher: Offense, Medic

Olympian: Minor, Major, Ultra,

Knight: Regular

Thank you

Things I would like to see go away/added

1. Armor abilities- Get rid of them, it makes the game feel too gimmicky. Instead bring back equipment from the Halo 3 days, I really enjoyed the idea and game play of them in Halo 3 and I think it adds a nice dimension to the Halo game play experience. This should be easy by using the current armor ability button as the new equipment button. There can still be load outs and everybody would get the option to start with an equipment item.

2. Personal Ordinance drops- Get rid of the weapons in the drops. It takes away the fun of going out and fighting for a sniper or other power weapons. Instead just have equipment and power ups in the drops. This would help bring back the skirmishes for weapons while still rewarding the player for playing well.

3. Vehicles- Bring in another flying vehicle, having only one made the game feel empty. Bring in a promethean vehicle.

4. Map remakes- Choose one map from each Halo game to remake. My two must have remakes are Lockout and Zanzibar.

5. Campaign- Campaign was very fun, but needs one huge, wide open vehicle level. Adding a couple missions wouldn't hurt either to extend the length.

That's about all I can think of. Halo 4 is a very fun game, just with a few additions/subtractions Halo 5 could be a instant classic.

Ok, so I didn't read every single post, but I doubt anyone has mentioned it. I would like to see the return of actual ranks like in Reach. The SR thing is just dumb. Master Chief is a real rank, so why the SR stuff? The specializations are ok, and maybe they could work that in, but I'd rather climb through an actual rank structure instead of just numbers.

• Like 1

in halo 3 i liked the equipment like bubble shield and the others halo 5 should be like that mixed with armor abilities and keep sprint a default i mean theyre freaking spartans of course they can sprint and they shouldnt have fall damage because they are spartans they are able to survive a 30 foot fall make it like halo 3

My Halo 5 wish list :)

Weapon

• Dual wielding
  • Bring back the SMG but with better damage and less recoil
  • The Assault rifle is looking good 343 keep it up
  • Keep the DMR in Halo 5 and 6
  • NO concussion rifle I hate it!!!!!!!
  • The prometheans need a turret on their side I suggest something similar to the sentinel beam
  • More turrets not just machine gun or plasma turrets
  • Make the Battle rifle more accurate and do just a little more damage

Vehicles

• Bring back the Falcon, Hornet, and/or Pelican for multiplayer but with the ability to carry ground vehicles like warthogs just like in the campaign
  • Need to make another covenant vehicle similar to the Spectre from Halo 2
  • water vehicles
  • Include on curtain maps a big vehicles like the Elephant in Halo 3
  • Under water vehicles

Multiplayer

• Bring back old game types like invasion
  • Add in AI players like marines to defend an area similar to dominion turrets in Halo 4
  • Grifball

Forge

• Forge World like map(s)
  • The ability to change the seasons and/or the environment (like make it snow or rain)
  • New and more objects to spawn
  • The ability to forge on firefight maps (if firefight is included in Halo 5)
  • Ability to spawn Auto Turrets
  • Space environment map

This is the end

FOR NOW!

Ok, so I didn't read every single post, but I doubt anyone has mentioned it. I would like to see the return of actual ranks like in Reach. The SR thing is just dumb. Master Chief is a real rank, so why the SR stuff? The specializations are ok, and maybe they could work that in, but I'd rather climb through an actual rank structure instead of just numbers.

Well that sounds good but don't forget how long Reach took to rank up I'm still a Major grade 2 because I got tired of it taking so long
  • Like 1

First of all, Halo 4 was amazing. Great job, 343 only had about the same few issues that Bungie neglected to resolve. Don’t ever turn Halo into COD! That’d be a huge mistake. Keep it simple, like Halo’s always been.

1. Most original idea (probably): Infantry mode online battles. Infantry would be Halo operatives without shields, such as ODST or marines, over-shield-less elites (or jackals), and forerunner non-specialized AI. I loved the mystery of ODST, so cover some maps with the smoke of battle. Make the mode for over 20 players online. It’d just be like all the battles that are happening in the background of Halo. I’ve always wanted to know what it feels like to be a grunt. Basically, it’d be really easy to get killed unless you play somewhat realistically and work with your team. It could be a little more coordinated than Big Team Slayer and Spartan Ops, like the real military. Same system, just no invincible Spartan-style combat. Take out any overpowered vehicles and do my next idea for it to be a crazy mob war! Warthogs, specters, mongeese, ghosts, and maybe a lumbering, not too powerful, flying, race-specific troop transport for 5 or more to get the match moving.

2. Use realistic maximum effective ranges for weapons. For example, use the max effective range of the M16 for Halo’s battle rifle, and the M4 for the assault rifle. This would mean increasing the range of the shotgun, of course. I really love the SAW! Just give it some kind of iron-sights or something to make it effective at a further distance. The boltshot should shoot its shotgun-spread charge a little further, I think. I can never use it effectively.

3. I like the idea of bigger maps. Make the sniper rifle a little more responsive for this purpose (no bullet lag). Get rid of the Beam rifle, or at least its horrible propensity to overheat. Make scopes for long-range weapons that aren’t the average Halo target identifier. I wouldn’t mind having more players in all game modes. I really want some smoke grenades for a quick escape or a way to sneak up on and hijack the more powerful vehicles.

4. BOSS BATTLES! I like the idea of having mini bosses in firefight too.

5. Bring back the specter! I really miss it and its ability to carry 4 players. I don’t really care about the wraith, perhaps the covenant need a new tank-like vehicle. And a blocky forerunner vehicle would be a welcome addition.

6. Choose: battle rifle or DMR. They serve the same purpose, just about. If you keep the DMR, make it able to fire a little faster. If you keep the battle rifle, make each burst do a little more damage.

7. DO NOT DUPLICATE ANY MORE WEAPONS. They all need to have their own purpose. Why do we have the rail gun and the Spartan laser if they take just as long to charge? I say we’ve played with the Spartan laser long enough, give the rail gun a legit heavy weaponry scope. I appreciate the difference between the storm rifle and the assault rifle, but the suppressor is basically a mix between the assault rifle and SMG with projectiles that travel somewhat slow and a short effective range. The only forerunner weapons that I really appreciated were the scattershot and the incineration cannon, and maybe the lightrifle.

8. Bring back dual wielding for smaller weapons. Only, make one automatic weapon (maybe turn the suppressor into a real sub-machine gun) insignificant enough to be dual wielded. Maybe differentiate between a scoped pistol and a normal pistol for zooming in purposes? I loved that some SMGs from ODST were silenced.

9. Make some way to cheat the radar. Maybe I just haven't looked in to how to do that.

10. For armor abilities, get rid of the thruster pack. It’s useless. Instead of just adding options for armor abilities, support, and tactical packages, just replace old options with new ones. Don’t over-complicate that system to where it can be manipulated. Every combination of extras should have just as weighty advantages as others. We don’t want anyone finding the perfect combination that makes them practically invincible.

My Halo 5 wish list :)

Weapon

• Dual wielding
  • Bring back the SMG but with better damage and less recoil
  • The Assault rifle is looking good 343 keep it up
  • Keep the DMR in Halo 5 and 6
  • NO concussion rifle I hate it!!!!!!!
  • The prometheans need a turret on their side I suggest something similar to the sentinel beam
  • More turrets not just machine gun or plasma turrets
  • Make the Battle rifle more accurate and do just a little more damage

Vehicles

• Bring back the Falcon, Hornet, and/or Pelican for multiplayer but with the ability to carry ground vehicles like warthogs just like in the campaign
  • Need to make another covenant vehicle similar to the Spectre from Halo 2
  • water vehicles
  • Include on curtain maps a big vehicles like the Elephant in Halo 3
  • Under water vehicles

Multiplayer

• Bring back old game types like invasion
  • Add in AI players like marines to defend an area similar to dominion turrets in Halo 4
  • Grifball

Forge

• Forge World like map(s)
  • The ability to change the seasons and/or the environment (like make it snow or rain)
  • New and more objects to spawn
  • The ability to forge on firefight maps (if firefight is included in Halo 5)
  • Ability to spawn Auto Turrets
  • Space environment map

This is the end

FOR NOW!

Well that sounds good but don't forget how long Reach took to rank up I'm still a Major grade 2 because I got tired of it taking so long

Good ideas! Master Chief Petty Officer is a Navy rank. I say add the warrant officer ranks, and start from a seaman recruit and work your way up. Make it a little harder to gain each level, but more benefits per level gained. /quote

Space Maps: No I dont mean maps like Anchor 9 or Impact, I mean like heres how this would work

You have two bases Example: Blue base Frigate, Red base Corvette. then have things like Space Banshees, Seraphs, and Phantom Gunboats for Red Team and Space Hornets, Sabers, and Pelicans for blue team.

New Playlist: Boarding: Almost same as space slayer but instead of those space vehicles you get Boarding Phantoms and Boarding Pelicans and have to plant a bomb, CTF, Retreive the core etc

Vehicles all these + scarab391180_155247844626743_1212875623_n.jpg

Weaponary all these312489_155605317924329_230274056_n.jpg

WHAT I WANT

Some more vehicles would be perfect. Such as the hornet, those were so much fun, just give em guns on all maps.

I know people say this all the time but, PELICANS,drive able and with the ability to pick up vehicles, in multiplayer and in forge, the gunships would be a major game changer. Other vehicles could be the locust, cobra, and the wolverine from halo wars, and finally, I know some want em back, elephants, they were fun, so very fun, and I actually got attached to the leviathan in halo 3, just make them a little bit faster, and put in forge with a low limit. Also, the doozy as a water vechicle there is a picture below, and the loch in campaign

Weapons

the SMG, was flipping amazing, plus dual wielding was fun, just not being able to run or punch kinda sucked, so Change that, and the DMR's ROF is too dang high, lower that just slightly.

War Games,

The space battle mode that the heretic grunt was talking about, that is sweet.

And bring back invasion and juggernaut

Campaign

You know, I say you guys just work your magic on this one, you got it.

Forge

3 forgeworld sized maps, I don't care how long it takes

One urban city like, with lots of accessible buildings

One desert, canyon like, with various valleys and sniping points,

One less wet forgeworld.

WHAT I DON'T WANT

The revenant, to overpowering.

PHOTOS

post-63526-0-33943000-1359604258.jpgpost-63526-0-56806500-1359604311.jpgpost-63526-0-83537800-1359604276.jpgpost-63526-0-66831900-1359604292_thumb.jpgpost-63526-0-61461500-1359604327_thumb.jpg

@Brendanz34 your ideas are very good! But the issue i have is that if they are allowed in halo 5 itll turn the game into "Halo Battlefield"

many fans would be dissapointed.

And who ever had the idea of Space Battles, i dont support that idea either. It has already been done in Star Wars Battlefront and if allowed in halo that would also make many fans angry. (and trust me, pure space battles arent as exciting as it sounds)

I have another good idea.....

Dual Weilding as an armor ability!

I care deeply for this franchise and I'm back with more ideas

Enemies:the brutes, skirmishers, and the flood. NO DRONES (the swarming bugs that everyone hated)

Bring back the needle rifle, mauler, spiker, and brute shots. The flamethrower too.

Things to keep:

The ranking system is great, and the mantis needs to stay. And the saw

Things to add: a promethean vehicle of some sort, and a promethean beam turret, similar to the focus rifle in reach but mounted.

Thanks to all who read this

@mandoman

I think that halo should have more vehicles because that's what makes halo halo.

And I am a huge fan of the space battles in battlefront so I think it's great, mean you don't have to play it.

Oops forgot an I, I mean you don't have to play it

• Like 1