The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

EDIT 3: Keep cortana dead, bringing her back is just going to ruin the impact her death had in halo 4. Focus instead on how MC is dealing with her death.

A929: your ideas are great, but in one of the campaign missions, Cortana says that he could be paired up with another cortana. In which case, if he talks to Dr. Halsey, she might make another Cortana for him. Cortana also said that she is an clone of Halsey. So Halsey shouldn't have any problem making a new Cortana.

EDIT 3: Keep cortana dead, bringing her back is just going to ruin the impact her death had in halo 4. Focus instead on how MC is dealing with her death.

A929: your ideas are great, but in one of the campaign missions, Cortana says that he could be paired up with another cortana. In which case, if he talks to Dr. Halsey, she might make another Cortana for him. Cortana also said that she is an clone of Halsey. So Halsey shouldn't have any problem making a new Cortana.

You know... That could also be a good plot point. MC not completely accepting the new cortana due to the loss of the original one. Sort of a kid and a new step-dad ("You're not my real dad!"- "You're not the real Cortana!) It would do wonders for character development making him show signs of genuine anger and sadness. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ok so my idea just a bit more developed:

I have not considered this for campaign. I was thinking more of a seperate section for these fights kind of like Spartan Ops. But I suppose it could be fitted in some how (though campaigns are scripted in their results).

What I was thinking of was a global fight over Requiem between the UNSC, Storm Covenant and the Prometheans. There would be individual battle areas that you could choose from. Battle zones if you will. Each contains different maps and challenges to over come. Some times having the UNSC against just the Covenant or the Prometheans and others where its the UNSC vs everybody at the same time. Those are determined by player success in previous games. Each battle zone has a control percentage. The higher the percentage the UNSC has the better weapons and allies you will have within the battle itself. The lower (and it lowers at an increased rate when more people are playing) it is the worse off you start in the fight.

Controlling particular areas allows the UNSC special privilages such as unique weapons and or armor perks.

With in each battle there will be multiple objectives that come up at once. Examples:

Battle 1:

Take hills 1-3 while defending your own static base. Also secure Forerunner cargo for transport back to UNS Infinity.

Next orders: Snipers are taking out our men, neutralize them. Position A is being over run, move to reinforce. (Same time) Assault enemy base to draw fire for tanks to get into position.

Stuff like that would force players to choose between objectives. Each completed objective helps your forces along on the way to victory. Each objective you fail at (and you can fail all the objectives) brings your forces closer to total defeat. Also completing the objectives can provide much needed weapons or reinforcements as well as cut enemy vehicles or infantry off from reinforcing their lines. Failed objectives do the opposite. If you fail one you loose troopers and equipment. Parts of the battlefield are inaccessable until you retake that area.

Upon result of said battle you are given a screen that rates your overall performance. This is based off of your K/D, allied survival rate, objectives completed and objectives failed as well as total victory and total defeat. This rating is then put into a pool that averages this all out and applies it to the control percentage for that area.

This mode I think should be played in 4 player co-op to be its best but could allow for larger teams (no more than 8 though). Also should be able to solo it (if your good enough). The AI in this mode would be most likely at Heroic but should be allowed to be changed to Legendary. The upgrade in difficulty also provides bigger rewards in completed objectives and bigger penalties for failing objectives. Also will affect your performance rating at the end and provide either a bigger boost to the area control or bring it down faster. I feel it shouldnt drop below Heroic difficulty however.

Hope that clarifies some things for everybody on my idea.

• Like 2

Also, I've seen quite a few post requesting that the specializations, loadouts, and ordinance drops removed. I don't really agree with this, I think they're all great features that should be expanded. Starting on specializations, I think they're an excellent feature. They reward long-time players with an expanded pallet of tactical options without giving them a huge advantage over the other players. For loadouts, those function as an equalizer for players and allow players to play a playstyle that suits them. For example: People playing a halo 3 game where all players start with an assault rifle. One of the players is not good with the assault rifle, preferring weapons more suited to mid-range combat. So the other players who are better at close-up combat have a significant advantage over him. With loadouts, he can start with a battle rifle, allowing him to start on equal footing with the others. It can also have a small role in role-play. To use myself as an example, my spartan has the boltshot as his secondary. I included it because the secondary blast gives me some good options in CQC. But I later came up with a short story about how during the 3rd spartan ops mission he picked it out of a crawler as a trophy and decided to use it in missions after finding out how useful it was. See? It's nothing big, but it can be used to personify your avatar it you are into that kind of thing. As for the Ordinance drops, the complaint I keep seeing is that "It gives noobs an advantage" But thats kind of the point. Normally, new players would usually get steamrolled by the veteren players and many would just quit under these conditions. With the ordinance drops, they not only get a reward for doing well, but they get a period of empowerment from a SAW or damage boost that would encourage them to keep playing for more of those moments of empowerment. They would eventually become proficient players sooner rather than later.

I would like to have some skulls we could activate in custom games! Blind could make it fun sometimes, IWHBYD, the unforgettable Grunt Birthday Party.

Maybe some new skulls, one I just came up with: Desintegration skull, bodies will desintegrate after being killed like in Halo 4 and I'm sure there could be more new skulls to make the game better and more fun!

• Like 1

I like the loadouts Tbh (no not because of cod -__-) but something i kinda want is like have your own colors ya know like instead of red and blue all the time lol hopefully ya get it but i am tired of the whole Red vs blue thing hopefully i wont get hate for this xD. Take out the damn invisible armor mod >.> people camp too much with it even tho at times it does come in handy..hmm well i only played reach and halo 4 so im not sure what else lol so for now that all xD

they should bring back and add more armors such as ODST, Mark V and make the armor more creative and interesting. like the armory from Halo Reach!

Playable Elites! Perhaps return of arbiter

Flyable falcons again and perhaps pelican in multiplayer

i really miss the SMG, and dual wielding. even though it was OP at times :P still cool tho.

I wish the story or campaign had more interactions with the marines/ODSTs a bit more and talking of ODSTs, where did they go? they did not appear in halo 4

and make the DMR less OP in the next game. everyone on halo 4 uses the DMR and its ridiculous

I want just a few things. This is Halo, not a super duper insane game.

Forge:

Limited terrain editing abilities, perhaps a bunch of points you can pull up and down. Only up and down. Or at least some terrain objects.

MP:

Just bring elites back so people will shut up about it. Make them separate like in Reach so that Swat can still be even and all that. Just put separate playlists for them. I'm tired of the constant banter about it.

Give us a UNSC aerial vehicle again. One that hovers, and one that the driver can shoot with. Hell, a falcon with a chingun would suffice for me.

SP:

Give us some good animations. The end of Dawn was sadly pathetic until the ships collapsed into the planet.

That's all.

I want just a few things. This is Halo, not a super duper insane game.

Forge:

Limited terrain editing abilities, perhaps a bunch of points you can pull up and down. Only up and down. Or at least some terrain objects.

MP:

Just bring elites back so people will shut up about it. Make them separate like in Reach so that Swat can still be even and all that. Just put separate playlists for them. I'm tired of the constant banter about it.

Give us a UNSC aerial vehicle again. One that hovers, and one that the driver can shoot with. Hell, a falcon with a chingun would suffice for me.

SP:

Give us some good animations. The end of Dawn was sadly pathetic until the ships collapsed into the planet.

That's all.

Yeah I've never really understood the reasoning behind removing the UNSC aerial vehicles. The Hornet was a great vehicle and I believe it was well loved by all. The Falcon, though not quite as popular as the Hornet was also pretty well loved. At least one of them needs to return in Halo 5.

WEAPONS TO RETURN

SMG

Brute shot

Plasma rifle

Spiker

Mauler

Dual wield

VEHICLES TO RETURN

Spectre (from halo 2)

Falcon

Hornet

Broad sword in multiplayer and forge

Mammoth in multiplayer

Brute chopper

Phowler

CHARACTERS

Arbiter and ship master

Sarah palmer and lasky I want to see them in game play

Lord hood

ENEMIES

Flood

Covenant

Forerunners

Prometheans

NEW VEHICLES

Promethean vehicles

Keep all the rest from halo 4 and put them in halo 5

Bring back dual wield please and bring back arbiter

• Like 1

Need promethian vehicles and even a melee weapon. Need to be able to make enemies in forge(options to make them dead or living,different colors). Also if you could find blue/orange promethians, also being able to assassinate a hunter, like maybe you have to do it like 5 times and each time you stick a grenade on its back since it takes like 4 stickys to kill a hunter.

• Like 2

What i want

Campaign

• Longer
  • More environments (it is excusable to a small degree but not as much as it was)
  • Chief teams up with some Elites (say a fraction of the covies who help humanity)

Multiplayer

• More modes from launch (no roster or whatever there doing)
  • Infection and flood (they [to me] are very different)
  • RACE (preferable Warthog racing as well)
  • A game mode that makes u need to capture a vehicle (like the Ellephant or even a spaceship (pilotable Pelicans and Phantoms for drops and hornets and banshies as fighter)

Other

• Terrain based and varied forge maps (a snow map, a dessert, ect and less "space" [i do not mean get rid of impact], more ground/terrain)
  • Duel wield (ether as a tactical or support package in the load-out of course make it less accurate or less powerful but just bring it back)
  • EOD armor (fav helmet dont wanna loss it)
  • More armor (even the little mods u could do in reach like a light or whatever)
  • UNSC aircraft (hornet, falcon and pelican
  • Promethian vehicles are a must have

Here's what I would like for Halo 5. Please reply and leave feedback, criticism etc.!

Weapons

• SMG. That thing was awesome, and a good alternative to the AR. It had a more rapid ROF and a larger clip size, but was weaker, and had a stronger kickback. So the two handheld machine guns were actually different, as opposed to the AR and the SAW that we get in Halo 4.
  • Brute shot. A great weapon against light vehicles like Ghosts, and good for countering n00bs that camp with shotguns.
  • Pulse turret. Basically a Promethean counterpart to the mounted machinegun and plasma turret. Not sure if it appears in multiplayer, but it does in Campaign and Spartan Ops for Halo 4. You know, the white orb that charges up and then fires a continuous beam?

Vehicles

• Shadow. Not sure if many of us remember Shadows, but you fought several of them in the highway tunnel in Halo 2. They're large, dark purple, transport Ghosts, and have a plasma turret on top. Having those back in Halo 5 would be awesome, at least at some point in the Campaign on your side.
  • Locust. Scarabs, I believe, are too powerful to make driveable. However being able to drive a locust would be a good compromise. I'll bet it would make a good counterpart to the Mantis.
  • Seraph*. These are pretty tough opponents in Halo Reach, and would be pretty good for use in space maps.

*See the Maps section in my next post. I'd like some space battle maps, and I don't mean on space stations, I mean actually fighting the other team in outer space. Star Wars Battlefront has this, and it would be great to see it in Halo as well.

Playable Characters

• The Arbiter (Thel Vadam). It was great playing as him in Halo 2. Maybe Halo 5 levels could alternate between John and Thel in a similar way.
  • Other elites (in multiplayer). No elites in Halo 4 multiplayer? Really? :(
  • Brutes, Hunters, and Prometheans (in multiplayer).

Friendly NPCs

• Marines and ODSTs. They may not be the best allies of all, but they're still fun to have around. Also, I'd like to see the return of large squadrons, like the ones you see in Halo Reach and CE.
  • Spartans. I'd like the return of significant Spartan characters, like in Halo: Reach.
  • ELITES AND GRUNTS!!! They were all-round great allies in Halo 2 and 3, and WE ALL WANT THEM BACK!!! PLEASE!!!!
  • Hunters. Putting too many in would probably make the game too easy, but a few here and there would be cool.
  • Sentinels. They never attacked you in Halo 4, but AFAIK, they didn't fight alongside you, either. It would be great to have them fighting with you again.

Hostile NPCs

• Covenant. I'd like most of the elites and grunts to be on your side this time, however.
  • Flood. They are absolutely amazing enemies, add an eerie feel to the game, and fighting them is a lot of fun.
  • Prometheans. Once again, they're epic enemies, and present a real challenge. Especially the Watchers. I'd love to see them return, and see how they deal with the Flood.
  • Maybe a few Brute terrorists.

• Like 1

Here's what I would like for Halo 5. Please reply and leave feedback, criticism etc.!

Weapons

• SMG. That thing was awesome, and a good alternative to the AR. It had a more rapid ROF and a larger clip size, but was weaker, and had a stronger kickback. So the two handheld machine guns were actually different, as opposed to the AR and the SAW that we get in Halo 4.
  • Brute shot. A great weapon against light vehicles like Ghosts, and good for countering n00bs that camp with shotguns.
  • Pulse turret. Basically a Promethean counterpart to the mounted machinegun and plasma turret. Not sure if it appears in multiplayer, but it does in Campaign and Spartan Ops for Halo 4. You know, the white orb that charges up and then fires a continuous beam?

Vehicles

• Shadow. Not sure if many of us remember Shadows, but you fought several of them in the highway tunnel in Halo 2. They're large, dark purple, transport Ghosts, and have a plasma turret on top. Having those back in Halo 5 would be awesome, at least at some point in the Campaign on your side.
  • Locust. Scarabs, I believe, are too powerful to make driveable. However being able to drive a locust would be a good compromise. I'll bet it would make a good counterpart to the Mantis.
  • Seraph*. These are pretty tough opponents in Halo Reach, and would be pretty good for use in space maps.

*See the Maps section in my next post. I'd like some space battle maps, and I don't mean on space stations, I mean actually fighting the other team in outer space. Star Wars Battlefront has this, and it would be great to see it in Halo as well.

Playable Characters

• The Arbiter (Thel Vadam). It was great playing as him in Halo 2. Maybe Halo 5 levels could alternate between John and Thel in a similar way.
  • Other elites (in multiplayer). No elites in Halo 4 multiplayer? Really? :(
  • Brutes, Hunters, and Prometheans (in multiplayer).

Friendly NPCs

• Marines and ODSTs. They may not be the best allies of all, but they're still fun to have around. Also, I'd like to see the return of large squadrons, like the ones you see in Halo Reach and CE.
  • Spartans. I'd like the return of significant Spartan characters, like in Halo: Reach.
  • ELITES AND GRUNTS!!! They were all-round great allies in Halo 2 and 3, and WE ALL WANT THEM BACK!!! PLEASE!!!!
  • Hunters. Putting too many in would probably make the game too easy, but a few here and there would be cool.
  • Sentinels. They never attacked you in Halo 4, but AFAIK, they didn't fight alongside you, either. It would be great to have them fighting with you again.

Hostile NPCs

• Covenant. I'd like most of the elites and grunts to be on your side this time, however.
  • Flood. They are absolutely amazing enemies, add an eerie feel to the game, and fighting them is a lot of fun.
  • Prometheans. Once again, they're epic enemies, and present a real challenge. Especially the Watchers. I'd love to see them return, and see how they deal with the Flood.
  • Maybe a few Brute terrorists.

I literally agreed with every single thing that you just listed. Perhaps they could bring the SMG back as a loadout gun and make it able to be duel wielded by finding another one somewhere on the battlefield.

please put matchmaking custom games in halo 5, i and thousands of other people love halo custom games, i would love to not have to invite recent players to get in a custom game. and just go into matchmaking and select custom games and get put into some ones custom games. and obviusly you should be able to host an online matchmaking custom game.

• Like 1