The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

There are many small things that could make Halo 5 the greatest game ever.

1- More UNSC weapons, different assault rifles and bring back the smg

2- Customize guns, more weapon skins and like ODST make the guns have silencers and scopes

3- Play as Arbiter like Halo 2

4- More character customization, hight, weight, right or left handedness

5- More armor skins that can go on all armor

6- Bigger team battles, 10v10 players for multiple game tipes (Dominion)

7- Make a mix between Spartain Ops and Firefight but bring firefight back.

8- For firefight make it matchmaking with 10 allies or so with more enemies, and boss fights

9- For fun bring back the Katana and make it behave like the energy sword

10- Lastly longer campaign

Personally, I like the idea of a muliple character campaign. That was a really cool part of Halo 2.

What I wouldn't like to see is the hand to hand combat thing. Nothing against that type of gameplay, but I just don't think it would work with Halo. To me, quick-time events would be a little lame for Halo.

What I think would be awesome though, is number 4 from your list. Being able to branch out as either an elite or spartan in multiplayer would be sweet, and it would add SO much more stuff to do than there already is.

I wouldn't like a "weak point" in my armor, only because it would lead to some really lame kills, and everyone would just aim for it alone. Assassinations, to me, do a good enough job of balancing out that sort of thing.

It would be cool though, to see cracks in your helmet as you played.

As for my input, ;)

I would like to see maybe some destructible environments? Halo is supposed to show off the capabilities of this next Xbox right? I say they should go all the way. And not that lame square-hole-in-the-wall that Battlefield did. I mean dynamic, unique ways to blow up the world around you, so that it's different every time. Multiplayer would get mixed up quite a bit (in a good way) if they could pull that off.

*Halo 4 campaign spoilers*

I'd love to see them go into the history of this Didact guy. I think it would be super dumb if he really just died in Halo 4 and that was it. Even in the Halo 3 terminals, they mention him, and now he's finally here for what? One game? He should come back.

I'd also like to see what happens to Master Cheif now that Cortana's gone. I'm not sure if she SHOULD come back or not (it wouldn't be the same!), but I know I definitely want her to! Haha, I was a huge fan of giving personality to Cheif in Halo 4, and I think they should keep going with that.

in halo 5 they should put in:

1. Multiple campaigns from different characters views that all add into one massive story + either a new enemy or bring in the precursors the acient enemy of the forerunners. Also at the end oth the campaign and during the campaign add in full on hand to hand combat fights against the enemy and the end boss.

2. Bring back the elites in multiplayer and add in the forerunners (not the AI in halo 4 that you fight most of the time ) and couple of new game types like spartans vs elites vs forerunners to control locations for certain amount of time.

3. improve forerunner weapons make them seem more forerunner. include more weapons to use in a loadout

4. pick a path: when you start multiplayer instead of specializations, be able to pic a race of alien or human and level them up e.g. elite start as a normal elite and work to become a zelot. or same with forerunners and spartans start as basic spartan work up to be like master chief and you can use all three of these at the start like loadouts and change them whenever you want.

5. BRING FORGE WORLD BACK OF HAVE A NEW LARGE OPEN MAP

6. bit of a long shot but a gametype called ship wars where you basically have 2 or 4 teams with 2 to 6 people in it where you each control a small ship like the forward unto dawn vs the covent ship like in reach that you go on.

7. make maps large and large teams with air vehicles for dog fights like broadsword vs banshee and pelicans that can drop people of at capture points ( phantom for covenent )

8. hand to hand combat modes, so like if you bget close to someone you can click a button which knocks there wepons out of there hand engaging the hand to hand combat where to have to press loads of buttons in time. Also be able to take real cover behind walls and pop out and shoot.

9. lastly all armour changes your stats and how to see your screen e.g. the recon armour has a small visor so your screen is limited to the same shape as your visor but you have increase radar and can zoom further with things so the recon would be ideal for snipers. also yourr visor can get cracked or damaged similar to the end of campagn in reach. Also be able to maybe take your helmet off desabling your shields but making to see easier and run around fatse maybe have damage increase.Lastly have weak point in armour which can maybe instantly take down sheilds or make the player go into crawl PLUS add in awsome revieves

let me know what you think :)

• Like 1

1. As a forger I would like to see a large open world like forge world with at least a land, underground, and space area to forge in, like sandbox just waaaay bigger.

2. Bring back some of the great gametypes like invasion. Also perhaps being able to forge firefight maps would be great, or space battles.

3. Multiple characters to play as. ex. Forerunners/covenant. Not just Spartans because then it just get somewhat boring. And if you do add more characters to play as make them fully customization like a spartan.

4. More bloody vehicles for forge! the forging community has been asking for things like pelicans to forge since halo 3, also bring back another human air vehicle, I con't understand why you would remove the falcon when it balanced with the banshee nicely. And if you are keeping the mantis then make another covenant vehicle that equals to that.

5. A more interactive and longer campaign. I beat halo 4's campaign on legendary in 10 hours. Come on you should make it so the campaign takes more like 15 hours on normal mode.

6. Bring firefight back! Spartan ops is great, but the maps are repetitive and I isn't as much fun, plus there's no scoring system with it. In firefight I could spend 3 hours with my friends playing legendary and still not get bored.

7. Don't be so prideful 343 you removed alot of great things from halo that people loved because you didn't want to be so much like bungie.

8. No rotating weekly gametypes! i dislike how I could only play team snipers for one week, compared to Reach wear I could play it anytime I want. It really frustrates me that I have to wait for my favorite gametypes.

These are some of the biggest things that are bothering me right now...

1. Forerunner Vehicles! (very surprised no one has mentioned this)

2. Arbiter storyline continued (more explanation on the current status of each of the convenant species, who's working with who)

4. Flood Return (perhaps a different type of flood we haven't encountered before)

5. Brutes (where did they go, explanation and possible incorporation)

6. More original weapons (no rehashes like 4)

7. Duel Wielding (what's Chief doing with his other hand when he's shooting a pistol? haha)

8. Larger Multiplayer Games (16vs16 or 32vs32. It is War Games after all... make it a War!)

9. Chief teaming up with Spartans more in campaign (like reach but hopefully some older familiar faces)

10. Matchmaking support for Custom Games (voted on by the community every week)

11. The ability to play only specified Maps in Multiplayer. (You should be able to pick the map you want to play right from the start. When I'm having a good run on a map, I want to play that exact type of match and level again without having to chance or risk a veto)

12. Bring Firefight Back (V3.0)

13. WAYYY more Interactive Levels and Maps (Let's get some rain, thunder, lightning, let get walls exploding when you shoot them with a rocket launcher or turret). Grenades should cause more destruction. When banshees or Covenant carriers fall from the sky, it should have a impact on it's surroundings. I want to be able to walk in a river and feel the current of the water pushing me, tree's sway from the breeze ect. I want to feel the environment instead of just playing in it 343i

14. Hand to Hand Combat would be an awesome new spin to the dynamics of Halo and offer something fresh to the community. (Let's see how badass a Spartan is without any weapons)

15. Lastly Music needs to be more Combat driven. Halo 4's soundtrack was geared more towards setting the mood. Marty's original scores incorporated many heart pounding tracks with drums.

Halo 5 needs to do what Halo 2 did for Halo. Change the way the player interacts with the environment.

Thank you for reading

STORY IDEAS

1st: Halo 5 story line should foucus on the covenent,promethians,the arbiter and maybe on how cortana can be brought back. Try to balance the story out.

2nd: The arbiter should make an entrance in halo 5 in the beginning. For example the arbiter makes it right out side the borders of the earths orbital defense grid system and sends a message that they are not their enemies. The chief here's the news about him and asks to send him in to get some explanations about what has happen with his covenant. So he explains and they once again become allies and fight on to exterminate the heretic covenant once in for all. The covenet should be able to speak English if not then at least the arbiters covenet should be able to.

3rd: The Promethians should obviously play a big role in halo 5. As in find out more about them and their structures and weapons.

4th: If halo 5 story involves trying to bring cortana back its should not be entirely focus on that single objective.

5th: The old halo music should make a return along with some new music.

GUNS/VEHICLE

1st: some guns from the previous halos should be brought back and try to bring dul-weilding back. An air vehicle should be introduced for the humans and possible forruner vehicles.

2nd: New guns should be brought in.

MULTIPLAYER IDEAS

1st: Elites should be playable in the multiplayer.

2nd: A true ranking system should be introduce.

3rd: Better looking armor.

4th: Old and new gametypes.

5th: No load outs ( I didn't really like that)

FORGE IDEAS

1st: Better forging maps and environments.

2nd: Option to change weather.

3rd: Entirely new forge pieces

4th: Better affects like fog,dust storm and blizzards.

Also don't make the elites look like the ones from reach in any way make them look more like halo 3.

And involve the flood and maybe even the brutes

FORGE

Want:

In forge I would like to see Halo Reaches tools come back i.e. fine touch, zoom in ability. I would like to see a less jumpy coordinates system, along with magnets (Halo 4), duplication tool and the locking objects tool. Finally a complete over haul of the forge palette with all objects available to all maps. Please no or very few forge palette items from past games.

Don't want:

I don't want to see all forge maps with terrain, I would like a flat canvas where we can add our own terrain, but if that is to much to ask, then just a flat map. Erosion from Halo 4 and Foundry are good examples of what I would like. (pertaining to the inside of the building on Erosion)

MULTIPLAYER

Multiplayer is always going to **** in my opinion, and that is only because of the people that play it, so I won't touch on that. You did nothing wrong 343.

FIREFIGHT

Want:

I want Firefight to comeback as it was in Halo Reach. Have four Spartans face off against the AI. Also the ability to play as a Marine if one were to choose to do so. That would be a great dynamic in my opinion. As cool as Spartans are I have always wanted to experience the perspective of a Marine. Halo 3 ODST was the closest I got to that.

Don't want:

NO! bosses in Firefight, and don't want teams in Firefight.

CUSTOM GAMES

Want:

Personally I want it to be a throw back to Halo 3 i.e. all of the game-types from Halo 3. Also new game-types. Halo Reach/ 4 game-types also. (See WEAPONS/ VEHICLES/ EQUIPMENT for further elaboration)

WEAPONS/ VEHICLES/ EQUIPMENT

Want:

I want every conceivable weapon and vehicle in Halo 5. No more of this non-sense where a weapon/vehicle isn't in one game and comes back later. Stay consistent with the weapons and vehicles. Bring back the SMG! and keep every weapon/ vehicle that is in Halo 4. New weapons/vehicles are welcome.

Don't want:

Loadouts, armour abilities or special equipment.

ENEMIES/CHARACTERS

Want:

I want the Covenant, I doubt 343 would take them out, but just in case. Master Chief needs to have a Spartan team to command. Do what you want with the rest of them.

Don't Want:

I don't want the Covenant to be left out for any reason. Do I need more emphasis on this subject?

CAMPAIGN

I trust you 343, Halo 4 was amazing!

SKULLS

Want:

I would like more fun skulls and less challenging skulls. i.e. Bandanna (Halo CEA), Sputnik (Halo 2), and maybe a super secret one that makes the Covenant (Enemies) inflate like balloons and when you shoot them they go flying. That is just an example of what I mean. (Half of the number of skulls should be challenging and half should be funny/ fun ones)

Don't want:

I don't want all the skulls to be challenging ones.

That is basically everything. Thanks 343 and to other readers for your time and consideration.

• Like 1

Ok, a couple of things:

1. Remove death animations-They look too fake/Hollywood. I think the only one's should be assassinations and the classic one where you swing your arms and legs in the air after being blown up (Hilarious!) The result would be a more fluid rag doll like effect, Halo 3 comes to mind...

2. Have a classic slayer game type (and maybe a classic objective)- Classic should involve everyone spawning with the same weapons (AR/BR/DMR and pistol), no Armour Abilities (power ups on map), no instant respawn (which BTW was a great idea, but just not in classic) etc. Also, (and this applies to non classic) REMOVE KILLCAM! It is broken and should never have been involved, wrecks good sniping spots.

3. Elites & Dual Wield-'Nuff said...

4. Team work-based game types- E.g Invasion. Very team work-based.

5. I know it's very cliche to fixate about Halo 3 (It was my favourite game ever though, not just Halo franchise) but something about Halo 3's physics and rag doll just seamed very VERY realistic and something about is was just so awesome, for lack of better word.

Oh, and if you guys end up making Halo 2 (and possibly even Halo 3) remake(s) please, PLEASE remake the multiplayer as well, don't keep the current Halo's multiplayer. That is all. I hope 343 actually looks at this page and takes notes!

• Like 1

I was thinking about many things that I would like in Halo 5. Some include different Forge genres like UNSC pieces, Covenant pieces, and Forerunner pieces. I had an idea for the campaign as well. Technically, the Flood was wiped out on the Installations Humans visited, so maybe they stumble across more Flood on an Installation they haven't been to yet. For multiplayer, we should have multiple species to play as. For example, there could be a game mode of ODST's versus Brutes, or Spartans versus Promethean Knights. There should be AIs we can fight against in Custom Games to mix things up a little and boost the awesome Halo experience to the next level. Finally, it would be great to have Halo 5 on the xbox 360 as well as the xbox 720, because i dont want to spend around $300 for a new console for just one game. that would be great! If anyone from 343i reads this, please take these ideas into consideration. They have a high chance of not making it into the final copy of Halo 5, but at least I would know that workers at 343i took time out of their day to read this.

Good luck on the production of Halo 5!

-xXFor3runn3rXx1

In this thread put the things that you want to be in Halo 5 and the things you really don't want to see in halo 5.

In Halo 5 I want some UNSC aircraft vehicles. I really miss the Hornet and Falcon. Promethean/Forerunner vehicles.

1. It would be awesome to be able to play as elites again.

2. Bring back the existing weapons, as well as old ones from previous halo games

For example: SMG (Silenced/not silenced), Silenced Pistols, classic covenant weapons

3. Invasion! Firefight!

A lot of people were disappointed due to the lack of these game modes which a lot of people enjoyed playing on Halo 3 : ODST (Firefight only) and Halo Reach

4. I guess they could make the Spartan Ops less repetitive. They used multiplayer maps and similar copy/paste -type game play in Halo 4. Did like it though, with nice little cutscenes between episodes.

5. More armor? Bring back the old halo game armors! ODST, Mark V and more (Reach Armors were pretty cool). Also it would be nice if they added small attachments and available changes to armor pieces like different helmet variants with different attachments (From Halo Reach).

343i had some cool new armors in halo 4, but they were a bit boring to me. Different armor pieces didn't blend so well like it did in Halo Reach or Halo 3. But I guess its understandable because the spartans in halo 4 are new spartans.

Personally I would love to see the ODST armor return.

6. Vehicles? People always loved the idea of being able to fly the pelican and being able to fly the pelican on one of the Halo 4 campaign missions was fun. Big team battles could perhaps be better with more vehicles.

Bring back the FALCON! I used to love riding on the falcon on Big team and Invasion games on Halo Reach.

7. Ranking system. Many people weren't very happy with the points system. I saw a lot of comments and posts on websites and forums where they wanted the ranking system back.

and instead of Numbers, they should bring back old fashioned military ranks. ( For example: private, corporal... etc)

• Like 1

BRING BACK DUAL WIELD

Forget my other topic.

I've come up with some halo 5 ideas i think all of you might like. Well, first lets start off with my ideas for the multiplayer/xbox live gametypes shall we?

Gametypes/Modes:

Spartan Ops Season 2 - Crimson gets captured by a brute chieftain leader of the covenant, and he is held captive on the mother ship. A new spartan steps in and his mission is to save crimson. Also enemies are just covenant.

The Flood - Well, it's like a third campaign just like spartan ops is like a second campaign. Master chief and arbiter were with an elite squad on the halo ring they were in a large area infested with flood. The elites got lost. They lost contact with arbiter and master chief. It's their mission to find the arbiter and the chief. They have to kill any flood/covie that stands in their way! There is not that much covenant in this mode.There is only flood, not that much covenant, spartan flood, and sentinels. The sentinels are on your team. You'll run into them a couple of times and they'll help you get through locked doors and kill flood. Near the end they lead you to master chief and the arbiter.

Prommethean Slayer - A gametype where you can play as a promethean and kill other prometheans in war games. Blue vs Orange because orange is there color on halo 4. We get to have promethean weapons and promethean abilities like that shield and the little robot that protects you. And on the left side of your arm you get to have a sword attached to it. War games.

Swords & Hammers! - I gametype in war games where you only have energy swords and gravity hammers. The only armor ability you have is invisibility.

Race - Returns! If you'd played halo 2 or 1 you would know what im talking about.

Elite slayer - Returns!

You guys like? c:

Weapons:

Brute plasma rifle

Plasma rifle

Brute shot

Sentinel beam

Mauler

Original SMG's

Vehicles:

Locust - Looks like a mini scarab and its in halo wars.

Scarab - Returns. Looks like a giant futuristic alien spider lol.

Cyclops - Was in halo wars UNSC vehicle a person gets in it and the cyclops can hit you with its big hands. It also repairs broken stuff.

Vampire - Was in halo wars a covenant vehicle like a banshee you can fly it but you can also shoot needlers out of it.

Armor abilities:

I dont know - Only used for promethean slayer, this ability allows you to call those little bug prometheans and they go and kill the other team. Just like on call of duty we have attack dogs.

Enemies:

Flood

Brutes

Elites(Very little)

Grunts(Very little)

Jackals

Hunters

Drones

Skirmishers

Wild Jackals(Normal jackals until you piss them off they attack you like a zombie)

(New enemy?)

(New enemy?)

(New enemy?)

Foes:

Elites

Arbiter

Spartans

Marines

ODST

Grunts

Prometheans(I'll tell you later)

Sentinels

Here's why prometheans are foes. If you watched the terminals on halo 4 the last terminal shows that the librarian turned the prometheans good. Thats why they were blue. So now lets just say the librarian turned them good again and in the campaign they help you kill flood in the library?

Campaign - Ok so i dont wanna go over my idea for the storyline so im just gonna say The arbiter comes back with his elites and theres a major war all around earth from the covies. Then the covenant get distracted because they found another sacred halo ring and all of a sudden they stop attacking. Then they retreat to the ring. If they go on that ring theyre gonna activate it and its gonna kill us all! It is master chief and arbiters job to stop the covenant. 343i I would love for this campaign to be very long! It would keep us halo fans going. I hope theres 3 parts in the campaign where at first you get to play as chief and then we play as arbiter then we play as the rookie from halo 3 odst and the rookies job is to be on earth defending it. Like on halo 2 there was 2 parts of it where you get to play as arbiter then the chief.

Would you guys love these ideas to be on halo 5 and play these epic adventures? Flood mode would be great! P.S all these are just ideas and stuff. And of course i dont want all the original stuff to be taken away.

What do you guys think? These are just ideas guys. And i would just like for halo 5 to be a halo 2 smashed with all the other halos. Then it makes epic game. Bye guys. Tell my what you think in the comments.

Helllo!?!? Somebody reply!

Sum1 reply...

i love the ideas but i think you missed dual wield lol

• Like 1

Halo 5 Wishlist

They changed so many things in halo 3 that shouldn't have been changed. To me Halo 3 multiplayer was perfect.

-No loadouts

-No Ordinance

-Back to halo 3 ODST firefight where you don't spawn with a rocket launcher....

-More customizable armour

-longer campaign

-Add elites in multiplayer

-More weapons including promeathean weapons

-Dual wielding

-More vehicles

-More smaller maps and less vehicle friendly maps. It feels like I have to run forever to get across maps like complex

-change lobby format back to previous halo games so the playercards are at the right instead of bottom

-Keep up with awesome campaign

-Bring back timed weapon spawns in multiplayer.

-Add skulls that have to be found in campaign.

-Add 1 or more forge worlds

-Explain why elites have turned against the humans which should have been explained in halo 4

-Add Covenant, Promeathean, and flood to firefight.

-Take out join mid game matched. After a game ends and another one starts, it's always 2v1 or 2v0 because everyone leaves.

I would love to have more full blown battles where if you miss objectives (such as taking a hill in one area) it affect the flow of the fight. More AI allies and hordes of enemies. You have to pick and choose objectives based upon party size and personal preference to change the course of the fight. Then be rated on how you did. Ratings would include survival rate of friendly forces, your K/D ratio, objectives completed to objectives failed.

• Like 1

I would love to have more full blown battles where if you miss objectives (such as taking a hill in one area) it affect the flow of the fight. More AI allies and hordes of enemies. You have to pick and choose objectives based upon party size and personal preference to change the course of the fight. Then be rated on how you did. Ratings would include survival rate of friendly forces, your K/D ratio, objectives completed to objectives failed.

That's actually a pretty darn good idea! Would make you work a little bit harder during the campaign then you normally do. All of your actions would have consequences... I kind of like the way that sounds.

Also the OP is fully updated if anybody cares.

:)

what halo 5 should have

armor customizations : a helmet less option make a option to customize your guy/girls head. make a option to make your own armor and to share with friends so they can make a custom armor for there clan. BRING BACK MARK V PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

maps: blood gulch the pit forge world impact (halo 4 map) breckneck (halo 2)

multiplayer game types : grifball, multi team, the flood, zombie mode (zombie mode like in call of duty zombies) classic zombies (halo reach), rigedside (halo 4)

custom skin for guns

BRING BACK ARBITER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

•  

343 should make a transportation warthog, like in ODST's campaign. I would like it to be placeable in forge.They should also remake the falcon. A little bigger, and make to where your able to sit in the passenger seat next to the gunner, like in Halo Reach's campaign (custom games). I would also like that to be placeable in forge. If 343 doesn't remake the falcon, i would like them to remake the hornet, or make a new human flying vehical. Also the pelican and the phantom should be placeable in forge, but you could only have 4 of each of the pelican and phantom. There should also be a covenant transportation vehical. These vehicals would help with gameplay and Machinima's.

That's actually a pretty darn good idea! Would make you work a little bit harder during the campaign then you normally do. All of your actions would have consequences... I kind of like the way that sounds.

Also the OP is fully updated if anybody cares.

:)

I will go into more detail about this kind of thing in a while.

Gameplay

1: Add evade to the controls. Halo 4 added the sprint function already and thruster pack is almost useless compared to the other abilities. They could have you hold a to evade, and press it for the regular jump.

2: add meters to the sprint and (if it's in) evade. Makes it easier to tell if you can still use them.

3: Bring back playable Elites. They might be able to have them in Spartan ops. Since the storm covenant elites are only a part of the total Elites.

4: Bring back duel-wielding. I would also like it if you could even holster duel wielded weapons without dropping the second.(provided they can do this w/o it being OP, I think they could pull it off though) Maybe add to the firepower support package by allowing you to start with duel secondary weapons.

5: I know I'm beating a dead horse, but bring back fire fight. And expand it to include forge and optional boss encounter such as scarabs, war Sphinxs, and Drinols(Go down to the "Enemies" section)

Vehicles

1: Add the locust and vampire from halo wars

2: Make most vehicles faster. This will hopefully keep splattering viable if evading is put in.

3: Add the spectres from halo 2

4: Add vehicle-to-vehicle hijacking. I think it would be cool and open up more tactical options in vehicle-on-vehicle combat. If it's too OP, they could limit it to only doable by passengers (for e.g.: a guy riding shotgun hijacking an enemy ghost alongside him)

Enemies

1: For hunters I want two different types: one that fires its cannon like the fuel rod cannon like the ones in halo 1 & 4, and the ones that fire beams like the halo 2 & 3 ones. They can pair the two types and have the beam ones keep you in cover via suppression-fire while the cannon one fires volleys over your cover as a "cover buster". This can make hunter encounters the challenge they were meant to be.

2: (sort of) New enemy types: The Drinol. For those not in the know, the drinol was a cut enemy from halo 2 that was basically an enormous beast that would charge and flail around and even be capable of throwing vehicles! I think these would be awesome enemies to fight as sort of boss encounters. Also the Forunner war sphinx. for the same reasons as the Drinol

3: Returning enemies: Skirmishers (Halo: Reach), Huragok/Engineers (Halo: ODST, These can also be allies as well since they're technically neutral in the conflict) Scarabs, do I even have to explain why?

Story

1: Show MC's face already! It's been 4 games so far, 7 counting the secondary games, I think its about time they showed it. They've already had his face described (Reddish hair, some freckles, basically ginger)

2: Make the story longer, or make more than 1 campaign. I was kind of disappointed at how short 4 was. I would like a longer story. Maybe have more than 1 campaign. For example: I was maybe thinking they could have 1 campaign with MC and another spartan (Linda-058 maybe? Was she confirmed dead or was that ambiguous?), one with arbiter and another elite, and one with the ODST team from halo: ODST, promoted to spartan 4s between halos 3 & 4. The reason MC & Arby have another person with them is so that you could have a co-op campaign without player 2 being just some random schmuck doing who-knows-what off-screen during cutscenes.

EDIT 3: Keep cortana dead, bringing her back is just going to ruin the impact her death had in halo 4. Focus instead on how MC is dealing with her death.