The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

As I have said before, I would like to see an armory that is actually useful. Small stat boosts are applied to each armor piece (different stat boosts for different armor types and pieces) wouldnt unbalance the game and add a far better level of customization to your Spartan so it suits your game play.

• Like 4

Multiplayer: a Third-person game type PLEASE!!!!! kinda like the 3rd person theater just playable in online games!

Campaign: Bring back Arby! halo 4 gives the perfect set up. And more original characters that are actually mandatory to the gameplay. In reach you could easily complete any level without the aid of the rest of nobel team. same problem with all other halos except ODST.

Other: THE RETURN OF DUAL WEILDING!

• Like 3

Forget my other topic.

I've come up with some halo 5 ideas i think all of you might like. Well, first lets start off with my ideas for the multiplayer/xbox live gametypes shall we?

Gametypes/Modes:

Spartan Ops Season 2 - Crimson gets captured by a brute chieftain leader of the covenant, and he is held captive on the mother ship. A new spartan steps in and his mission is to save crimson. Also enemies are just covenant.

The Flood - Well, it's like a third campaign just like spartan ops is like a second campaign. Master chief and arbiter were with an elite squad on the halo ring they were in a large area infested with flood. The elites got lost. They lost contact with arbiter and master chief. It's their mission to find the arbiter and the chief. They have to kill any flood/covie that stands in their way! There is not that much covenant in this mode.There is only flood, not that much covenant, spartan flood, and sentinels. The sentinels are on your team. You'll run into them a couple of times and they'll help you get through locked doors and kill flood. Near the end they lead you to master chief and the arbiter.

Prommethean Slayer - A gametype where you can play as a promethean and kill other prometheans in war games. Blue vs Orange because orange is there color on halo 4. We get to have promethean weapons and promethean abilities like that shield and the little robot that protects you. And on the left side of your arm you get to have a sword attached to it. War games.

Swords & Hammers! - I gametype in war games where you only have energy swords and gravity hammers. The only armor ability you have is invisibility.

Race - Returns! If you'd played halo 2 or 1 you would know what im talking about.

Elite slayer - Returns!

You guys like? c:

Weapons:

Brute plasma rifle

Plasma rifle

Brute shot

Sentinel beam

Mauler

Original SMG's

Vehicles:

Locust - Looks like a mini scarab and its in halo wars.

Scarab - Returns. Looks like a giant futuristic alien spider lol.

Cyclops - Was in halo wars UNSC vehicle a person gets in it and the cyclops can hit you with its big hands. It also repairs broken stuff.

Vampire - Was in halo wars a covenant vehicle like a banshee you can fly it but you can also shoot needlers out of it.

Armor abilities:

I dont know - Only used for promethean slayer, this ability allows you to call those little bug prometheans and they go and kill the other team. Just like on call of duty we have attack dogs.

Enemies:

Flood

Brutes

Elites(Very little)

Grunts(Very little)

Jackals

Hunters

Drones

Skirmishers

Wild Jackals(Normal jackals until you piss them off they attack you like a zombie)

(New enemy?)

(New enemy?)

(New enemy?)

Foes:

Elites

Arbiter

Spartans

Marines

ODST

Grunts

Prometheans(I'll tell you later)

Sentinels

Here's why prometheans are foes. If you watched the terminals on halo 4 the last terminal shows that the librarian turned the prometheans good. Thats why they were blue. So now lets just say the librarian turned them good again and in the campaign they help you kill flood in the library?

Campaign - Ok so i dont wanna go over my idea for the storyline so im just gonna say The arbiter comes back with his elites and theres a major war all around earth from the covies. Then the covenant get distracted because they found another sacred halo ring and all of a sudden they stop attacking. Then they retreat to the ring. If they go on that ring theyre gonna activate it and its gonna kill us all! It is master chief and arbiters job to stop the covenant. 343i I would love for this campaign to be very long! It would keep us halo fans going. I hope theres 3 parts in the campaign where at first you get to play as chief and then we play as arbiter then we play as the rookie from halo 3 odst and the rookies job is to be on earth defending it. Like on halo 2 there was 2 parts of it where you get to play as arbiter then the chief.

Would you guys love these ideas to be on halo 5 and play these epic adventures? Flood mode would be great! P.S all these are just ideas and stuff. And of course i dont want all the original stuff to be taken away.

What do you guys think? These are just ideas guys. And i would just like for halo 5 to be a halo 2 smashed with all the other halos. Then it makes epic game. Bye guys. Tell my what you think in the comments.

Helllo!?!? Somebody reply!

Sum1 reply...

• Like 5

Exclude all the weapons and vehicles which previously appeared in more than one game.

Include all the weapons and vehicles which previoulsy only appeared in one Halo game.

More like a Halo 4.5, but I think things would get interesting if the premier marksman rifle was the needle rifle, the mauler was the primary shotgun/CQB weapon, the storm rifle was the number one full-auto infantry weapon, and the sticky detonator/incineration cannon were the new - and only - launchers. Binary rifle would take a new step into the spotlight, but it would have to watch its back against the pistol and SMG from Halo 3: ODST because both were designed for stealth so mechanics would be in place to allow them to sneak better. You could even justify bringing back the old plasma rifle by bringing back the brute version, not sure I'd bother though.

You'd basically have a game whose arsenal was based on uniqueness, but weapons would still have a place in the game. Where there was a void you could create something new. You wouldn't have to listen to a lot of complaints about one gun working wrong, because players would only have one example to work against in the past. Also a lot of fun vehicles which had potential in a previous game would gain appropriate upgrades to maintain balance and would drastically alter the look of the field (Hornets, Falcons, Revenants, Spectres, Choppers).

Suddenly you'd have a Halo game which looked and felt like Halo but still managed to be new and felt different enough from previous titles to differentiate itself. You'd have a much more prominent place in the game for alien weaponry, which makes sense since you fight aliens in every single Halo game. It would play less like other shooters due to unique weaponry, but more like Halo because all that weaponry played in Halo previously.

welll i also have some ideas like

vehicles

the eagle its like a hawk from halo wars but its a mutlipalyer vechile like the falcon was but this one is for like a really large map like timberland was in halo ce

mutliplayer maps/helljumper maps/spartan wars maps

i want a remake again of timberland but make it 2x as big for the mutliplayer vehicle the Eagle and for the two bases on each side make those alot larger

here is a custom map i was thinking of for a while it has a down ffg class 2 frigate abit bigger the forward unto dawn and that is where the playing field is and the frigate crash of a big line/ravine thing in the ground and where the um ravine crater thing is the ship has a big rip in it where you have to use a jet pack to get a cross or you have to be good a jumping and if you fall down a big monster eats you it pops up and your gone. you also have 2 upper levels where you can see where the buttom level and probaly sniper them when the jet pack across. i still dont know want to call it put i was thinking something like 343 frigate down in honor of you hard work for halo 4 and can you also add the um helljumpers pods in the back ground if you could even think about this map idea and turn it into something cool can you send a message to my xboxlive account to say thank you for the idea please

add like a blood glutch map for spartan wars

and helljumpers

and add harvest arcadia and mars for maps in those storyline

gametypes/modes

i want something like halo wars was like but this would be a mode call spartan wars where you have to build up a base and get money call supplies and you have to train units and upgrade them through stages that take 5 to 10 min. this also has a storyline to it

also a mode in war games called takedown. well its kind of like regicide but its like sniper missions to assassins to using a smg for halo 3 odst and where you can customize your weapons like in call of duty but make the weapons where its not if that makes sence because i dont want halo like call of duty that much.

oh yeah speaking of odst i want a gamemode like that where you drop in from obrit and take out the covies and forunners on worlds like harvest in a different storyline called helljumpers i this could be put in wargames wait it could be a match agaisnt the covies and the odst in speacil made map i think that would be cool it would be like all the halo's mixed in to one big story if you guys could do that i would thank you very much and i know that you will probally not add it tho

weapons

i want a new unsc sniper that have half the zoom in and its like the dmr and br and sniper mixed in one and i want it to you guys at 343 to name its something clever ok nothing cheeses

oh yeah i want you to bring back the plasma rifle with a couple upgrades. like a zoom in kind of the the unsc pistol has and a faster cooldown

damn in not good a spelling but i want a new covanet rifle called the plasma terarepeater its has the zoom in of the carbine and has the firerate of the plasma repeater from reach

races/people to come in/new breed of soilders

i want a new covie race something new like how the introduced the drones in halo 2 you guys need a game changer race some race you would introduce in like mission 3

i want a new breed of marines like a buffed out version of the odst there are going to be like the spartan IV's in a way but call the bulks because the would be inbetween the odst's and the spartans. now there something to think about

maybe bring back lord hood in a easter egg or in a transmission of something

bring back buck for halo 3 odst and his team in a drop that master chief has to help out and in the one gametype in the gametype section of this

bring back the arbiter and probally get him injured well helping the chief and one of the covies kill him i know it would be wrong to kill that major character but do it a the end of the story. add like the um elite rebel that the arbiter lead after he left the covenat. and he get killed by the ship master

campaign/storylines in the etxra modes like spartan ops and takedown

make masterchief more aware of his humanity

credits

thank you for reading this frank O'conner and KiKi Wolfkill and all the other 343 member oh and nice job with halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn It had a nice storyline. i start writing this a 3:15am and finish at 4:30

i thought of all of these in a matter of second and im not sure the you will add any of these but thank you for reading this post is not finish i will copy and past this into a noted pad and when i want to add to it i will put it here. dear 343 watch the Halo Galaxy of Combat trailer that BVGstuidos is making to give you an idea to what i want the gametype helljumpers to be like

• Like 1

All i want is a customizeable controller scheme, the normal layouts **** and I think others would like it. I think we also need Firefight, invasion, able to play as prometheans/elites in certain modes, race, halo reach infection because halo 4 flood sucks, another forge world with other 3 forge maps, grifball i matchmaking, multi team, action sack - basically all game types from halo reach matchmaking at it's height as well the ones from halo 4. We also need halo reach forge with magnets, brute weapons, rebels perhaps? (humans). Flood mode firefight would be cool. All of these and some more yet you keep everything things from halo 4, don't do an either or thing

• Like 2

1. New Forerunner weapons...

The weapons in Halo 4 were new and fun but they didn't seem Forerunner from what I've seen and heard of their weapons. Now I do know that the Forerunner weapons in Halo 4 were made for the Forerunner Flood War so there really should be a whole other class of Forerunner weapons. From what I know the weapons they used before the Flood War were more organic and could combine shots with other weapons fired with them. These weapons, if put in to the game, would be more powerful than their human covenant equivalents. In campaign enemies with these weapons would be able to group together and combine there's shots to make one that would be at least 2x more powerful than if they just shot all there guns once. The power of the shot. would also depend on what weapons they had. Even if they didn't combine the shots simply being near other functioning, ally, energy weapons would allow it to drain a small amount of energy from these guns to make the shots slightly more powerful. At max there should be only 4 types of these weapons. A small Pistol like one that acts like an under powered Rail gun with a charged shot that shoots a straight shot with damage in between that of the beam Rifle and the DMR. A some what larger automatic rifle that you charge up and it would fire like a plasma turret but more powerful and less accurate. The longer you charge it the longer it will fire. Holding it for at least 10 sec would have it firing until drained of energy. A larger long ranged rifle that locks on to a target and fired a very lengthened beam that follows the target like the plasma Launcher in reach. It would have a 3 sec lock on time and the shot its self would move at a similar speed as the Bolt Shot's. And last but not least the biggest one of all. This gun would shoot 8 of the same shots as the last gun but at the same time, all 8 would shoot forward and then separate and move on different path toward where ever the crosshair is pointing and if the crosshair was to move the beams would react to the best of there ability to follow it, unless they had already hit something. This weapon would work best in a larger wide open space. Also add the War Sphinx and Forerunner tank.

2. Firefight 3.0

You need to bring back firefight however you should add some aspects of Spartan Ops and allow the maps to be forgeable. More customization, we should be able to make our own mini campaign. Bring back all the things that were in reach firefight, allow there to be objectives. AI teammates, not just marines but Covenant, Prometheans, flood and what ever else is in the game. Space battles too, let us fight in big dog fights in space or in atmosphere in firefight.

3. Forge 3.0

Terrain editing in forge. We want this so bad it would make it so we can really make our own maps.

4. Real Forerunner Warrior Servants.

The Prometheans in Halo 4 are nowhere near as smart or as powerful as real Forerunner Warrior Servant so please can you add them in halo 5. If you do add them then maybe they could be like this. They would be faster and stronger than spartan 4s, when in combat they would act somewhat like Skirmishers did in reach. They would be about 7 to 8 feet tall. They would be able to teleport faster and have much stronger shields than Prometheans, at least 1.5 times stronger than a Commander and they would use those new weapons. If more than one is on the battle field they could combine their shields to make large walls or bubble shields. These servants would be able to summon Knights but only 4. Some might have holograms like the Heretic leader in halo 2 and some would also have the Force grip that the Didact had but all Spartans would need to have something to disable it on their armor. When killed the Watcher could use their remains to create a Promethean Commander unless the player disintegrated the body.

5. Quick time Events.

Ok I'm not saying that they are bad but if you need to use them make MC do something really cool. Look at the QTEs in Resident Evil 4. Mostly the fighting ones.

6. Armor customization.

Take a tip from forge and let us build our own armor…

Give us shapes and let us place them on our characters like in Soul caliber 5, let us pick the parts of the armor we want to color, let us make our emblems like in CoD, and let us choose what weapon we want to pose with.

Oh yeah and MC needs to get a kick yoink set of Forerunner Combat Skin! his armor only rates as a class 2… he should at least be at a class 12.

Tell me what you think.

• Like 1

1. I think there should be a forge world remake. Beacuse in Halo 4 I couldn't make many maps.

2. I think there should be flood mode and infection. Because there is lots of gametypes like fatkid that we couldn't play in halo 4

3. I would love this if we could have pelicans in forge and custom gams but you can have a total of only 2 allowed. Pelicans in custom games would be great for machinimas and really fun two use.

4. Unlimited amount of objects but a $12,000 budget.

Thanks I hope you like these ideas!! :D

• Like 1

in halo 5 they should put in:

1. Multiple campaigns from different characters views that all add into one massive story + either a new enemy or bring in the precursors the acient enemy of the forerunners

2. Bring back the elites in multiplayer and add in the forerunners (not the AI in halo 4 that you fight most of the time ) and couple of new game types like spartans vs elites vs forerunners to control locations for certain amount of time.

3. improve forerunner weapons make them seem more forerunner. include more weapons to use in a loadout

4. pick a path: when you start multiplayer instead of specializations, be able to pic a race of alien or human and level them up e.g. elite start as a normal elite and work to become a zelot. or same with forerunners and spartans start as basic spartan work up to be like master chief and you can use all three of these at the start like loadouts and change them whenever you want.

5. BRING FORGE WORLD BACK OF HAVE A NEW LARGE OPEN MAP

6. bit of a long shot but a gametype called ship wars where you basically have 2 or 4 teams with 2 to 6 people in it where you each control a small ship like the forward unto dawn vs the covent ship like in reach that you go on.

7. make maps large and large teams with air vehicles for dog fights like broadsword vs banshee and pelicans that can drop people of at capture points ( phantom for covenent )

8. hand to hand combat modes, so like if you bget close to someone you can click a button which knocks there wepons out of there hand engaging the hand to hand combat where to have to press loads of buttons in time. Also be able to take real cover behind walls and pop out and shoot.

9. lastly all armour changes your stats and how to see your screen e.g. the recon armour has a small visor so your screen is limited to the same shape as your visor but you have increase radar and can zoom further with things so the recon would be ideal for snipers. Also be able to maybe take your helmet off desabling your shields but making to see easier and run around fatse maybe have damage increase.Lastly have weak point in armour which can maybe instantly take down sheilds or make the player go into crawl PLUS add in awsome revieves

let me know what you think :)

• Like 2

I totally agree with all of this stuff. Definitely a new Forge World and playable Elites (or all Coveys) and Prometheans. For campaign I would like to see some form of Spartan Bounty Hunter(s) that capture(s) Mater Chief or something along those lines. Some bigger multiplayer maps would be great. Also they should try and fix up the lag a bit. Halo 4 lags a lot more than Reach. Bring Firefight back but make it not as boring I guess? Make it to where you have to defend a base or something.

6. bit of a long shot but a gametype called ship wars where you basically have 2 or 4 teams with 2 to 6 people in it where you each control a small ship like the forward unto dawn vs the covent ship like in reach that you go on.

7. make maps large and large teams with air vehicles for dog fights like broadsword vs banshee and pelicans that can drop people of at capture points ( phantom for covenent )

This idea reminds me of Star Wars Battlefront II. Space battles were always fun to do, even by yourself.

• Like 3

in halo 5 they should put in:

1. Multiple campaigns from different characters views that all add into one massive story + either a new enemy or bring in the precursors the acient enemy of the forerunners. Also at the end oth the campaign and during the campaign add in full on hand to hand combat fights against the enemy and the end boss.

2. Bring back the elites in multiplayer and add in the forerunners (not the AI in halo 4 that you fight most of the time ) and couple of new game types like spartans vs elites vs forerunners to control locations for certain amount of time.

3. improve forerunner weapons make them seem more forerunner. include more weapons to use in a loadout

4. pick a path: when you start multiplayer instead of specializations, be able to pic a race of alien or human and level them up e.g. elite start as a normal elite and work to become a zelot. or same with forerunners and spartans start as basic spartan work up to be like master chief and you can use all three of these at the start like loadouts and change them whenever you want.

5. BRING FORGE WORLD BACK OF HAVE A NEW LARGE OPEN MAP

8. hand to hand combat modes, so like if you bget close to someone you can click a button which knocks there wepons out of there hand engaging the hand to hand combat where to have to press loads of buttons in time. Also be able to take real cover behind walls and pop out and shoot.

9. lastly all armour changes your stats and how to see your screen e.g. the recon armour has a small visor so your screen is limited to the same shape as your visor but you have increase radar and can zoom further with things so the recon would be ideal for snipers. also yourr visor can get cracked or damaged similar to the end of campagn in reach. Also be able to maybe take your helmet off desabling your shields but making to see easier and run around fatse maybe have damage increase.Lastly have weak point in armour which can maybe instantly take down sheilds or make the player go into crawl PLUS add in awsome revieves

let me know what you think :)

• Like 2

I think they should put the Didact in The next game and he survives and doesn't fall in the composers energy and grabs on to a ledge with his wound from Master Chief putting a pulse grenade in his armor and he rejoins with his forerunner army and attacks earth. It would be very disapointing to me if hes not in Halo 5, i think they can do more with him.

Halo 5 game ideas:

A promethean vehicle, called the ripper should be introduced. It has 3 wheels, one front, and two back wheels, and has a hardlight turret that fires streams of hardlight energy. It takes the same amount of damage as the warthog and has a boost like the ghost making it a quite agile vehicle. It should respawn at the same rate as the same rate as the warthog.

Firefight should be more fun. You get a prize at the end of a set. The more points you have from killing enemys add up to the prize. So, if you have 2500 points you can get a sniper rifle or something.

Spartan ops should have a bigger amount of maps. Im tired of the same maps all the time.

The ranking system should be based on skill.

Arbiter should return. And if so, I hope 343 can make him playable for some missions like halo 2.

The boltshot should be weakened down a bit. It’s like a handheld shotgun.

Plasma rifle, and SMG should return. (Possibly mauler?)

They should make a competition. The community has to design their own weapon and armor. The winner gets their designs into the game! I hope 343 reads this, and I hope it helps them! There is still more to come!

• Like 3

1. playable elites in multiplayer or other races

2. Dual Human/Covenant campaign like from halo 2. In halo reach, when i was in the cut-scene for tip of the spear, i actually thought i was going to fight in that big battle, but that didn't happen, neither in halo 4. so in halo 5 there should be an ENORMOUS open battle like that. also i haven't fought a scarab for 3 games, in halo 5 there should be more scarab fights.

3. return of SMG and MAC blast, and the original battle rifle

4. have a forge world where you spawn on a vast land but if you travel high enough you can also go into space, and also spawn elephants, pelicans...just have a significant wide variety of vehicles exclusive to forge world.

5. return of firefight but you start out with a pelican or Drop pod insertion into the map with other A.I Spartans as well. and there should be flood in firefight. and there should be ordnance but instead of weapons it could be extra ally insertions like marines/Spartans/elites. there should also be a firefight game-type where you have to defend your base from enemies, the bases could kinda look the ones like from halo wars except you can go inside the base, and each round you'll be rewarded weapons,ammo and other shenanigans. also 343 should get rid of the firefight customization, to bring back the feel of surprise like from Halo 3: ODST

6. instead of a forge or firefight, replace one of those two(probably firefight) and replace it with an MMO, separate from the campaign, but you use your multiplayer character. if that wouldn't work either, then replace spartan ops with historical missions, or the return of spirit of fire.

7. their should be armor packs included with the DLC's

8. I know this one is a mega long shot but i thought of a new game-type called BATTLE ZONE, where its a 32 v.s 32 live server, where you can drop in and out and you will be awarded credit for whatever you have done, the objectives can change from invasion to capture the flag to territories to assault. the map for this game type need to be grand that can hold up to 64 players and have 1 host for each team, the map should be heavily vehicle oriented with scorpions falcons, pelicans, broadswords, seraphs,banshees,warthogs, mongooses,ghosts,wraiths,elephants, maybe some new vehicles . also heavy ordnance.

9. Fix the UNSC's attitude, get rid of Sarah Palmer, and add a More Noble Character, make the Spartans more Noble and Honorable, i wanna feel like im a hero, like noble 6, or Chief. I feel like a jerk playing as a spartan IV

• Like 2

8. I know this one is a mega long shot but i thought of a new game-type called BATTLE ZONE, where its a 32 v.s 32 live server, where you can drop in and out and you will be awarded credit for whatever you have done, the objectives can change from invasion to capture the flag to territories to assault. the map for this game type need to be grand that can hold up to 64 players and have 1 host for each team, the map should be heavily vehicle oriented with scorpions falcons, pelicans, broadswords, seraphs,banshees,warthogs, mongooses,ghosts,wraiths,elephants, maybe some new vehicles . also heavy ordnance.

That is an awesome idea. It would be the best shooter of all time if that was in a Halo game.

• Like 1

That is an awesome idea. It would be the best shooter of all time if that was in a Halo game.

thank you very much :)
  • Like 1

First off, I agree with MOST points.

I don't think there needs to more marines. In this storyline there is a very obvious reason there aren't many marines throughout the campaign. Honestly I would have been surprised to see more marines running around on the forerunner planet. But depending on the storyline of Halo 5, you could expect to see more.

Forge: I like the way it is. But I would LOVE to see larger maps available to forge. Like in Halo 3, a Sandtrap sized map would be cool. I would LOVE to see some of the older maps brought back especially Blood Gulch. Even though Ragnarok is reminiscent of Blood Gulch it's not the same, I also want SideWinder.

I want the skulls to be hard to find too. I liked spending hours with my friends trying to collect them all.

My idea for the armor is a little different. I want each helmet to offer something slightly different. For example the Scout helmet should allow the Spartan to zoom in a little more so than a normal helmet. Things like that.

• Like 2