No elites in war games?

WagonMasterGeneral

Actually they had half of the armor customization options of Spartans in Halo 3. As for why they're not in War Games, there really is not reason. 343 says that they can't be there because multiplayer is now part of the story, but I can easily think of reasons to have them in War Games. There is no reason for them not to be in War Games.

They were removed because 343i decided that they wanted War Games to work out with the story that they had planned. In essence matchmaking is now a combat simulation that takes place aboard the infinity. Apparently it wouldn't work with the story to have elites in there because there would be no reason for that in the combat simulation. I do not think that it was the best idea.

Many people liked playing as elites and though some people may say that they like the fluent and complete story experience present in Halo 4 the vast majority of people (probably 99.9%) don't really care very much.

Uh no. Having elites and Spartans in halo3 upset the gameplay. You could shot through elites necks as if they had none and theirs head was lower into their body making it difficult for the appropriate headshot. Heck it was standard to play as an elite when able to have the edge. Example: in SWAT you needed to be elite since headshots where harder vs Spartans. You had to aim above their head in order to ever land a wad shot (like that makes sense). Just no, stick to Spartans and have an even playing level. And don't get me started about hitting someone in the (left or right) shoulder and have it can't as an assassination (a hit from behind)...

Uh no. Having elites and Spartans in halo3 upset the gameplay. You could shot through elites necks as if they had none and theirs head was lower into their body making it difficult for the appropriate headshot. Heck it was standard to play as an elite when able to have the edge. Example: in SWAT you needed to be elite since headshots where harder vs Spartans. You had to aim above their head in order to ever land a wad shot (like that makes sense). Just no, stick to Spartans and have an even playing level. And don't get me started about hitting someone in the (left or right) shoulder and have it can't as an assassination (a hit from behind)...

Just because some players have trouble headshotting a Sangheili doesn't matter. The hitbox was the same and I never had any trouble killing them. Besides, in Halo 4 they are stand more upright so that shouldn't have been a problem.

In Halo 2 and Halo: Reach, they had larger hitboxes, making it pointless to play as one. In Halo 3, they had the same hitbox as the Spartans, which was weird as Hell and inaccurate. Altogether they were just never popular. I like Elites more than Spartans, but most everyone else doesn't and they would simply be a waste of development time.

In Halo 2 and Halo: Reach, they had larger hitboxes, making it pointless to play as one. In Halo 3, they had the same hitbox as the Spartans, which was weird as Hell and inaccurate. Altogether they were just never popular. I like Elites more than Spartans, but most everyone else doesn't and they would simply be a waste of development time.

Sangheili were very popular. The topic "Sangheili (Elites) In New Trilogy Matchmaking" has 291 pages of posts. There are many Sangheili fleets (clans). They were and still are popular.

Sangheili were very popular. The topic "Sangheili (Elites) In New Trilogy Matchmaking" has 291 pages of posts. There are many Sangheili fleets (clans). They were and still are popular.

I almost never saw them in Halo 2 because of their disadvantage. I rarely ever saw them in Halo 3 either, even though the issue was resovled.

I'd love it if they brought them back for Halo 5, but from my experience, it seems like the time spent working on them could be better spent elsewhere. But hey, I won't complain if they come back. I'd probably even switch to Elite.

Seeing how there are no Elites aboard the Infinity, the War Games wouldn't exactly make sense if they had Elites. Even if they had one team as Elites or Prometheans to encourage fighting as it is on the field in Spartan Ops, the other team would complain or hate being the monstrous aliens like what happened in Gears of War.

Seeing how there are no Elites aboard the Infinity, the War Games wouldn't exactly make sense if they had Elites. Even if they had one team as Elites or Prometheans to encourage fighting as it is on the field in Spartan Ops, the other team would complain or hate being the monstrous aliens like what happened in Gears of War.

Spartans need to fight Sangheili, so they should train against them. They will also need to fight alongside them, because the arbiter still leads most of the Sangheili. The Sangheili in War Games could be troops sent by the Arbiter or simulations.