File Share Name Blocked

My Wife Dave XL

I rarely use file share on halo reach, and have never had a problem with it. I decided to buy bungie pro so I could upload and render some film clips I've been collecting since the game came out. A month ago my file share was just fine. Then, I purchase bungie pro, go to upload my first video to file share, and I get the message saying, File share name blocked, the name is not allowed on xbox live. So something in my gamertag, "My Wife Dave XL" isn't allowed on xbox live. Well thats wrong, because I'm obviously playing on it with no problems. Posting this on xbox forums, and bungie forums, your companies name keeps popping up from people commenting. If you're responsible for this, fix your censorship. If you find something offensive with the name "Dave" I suggest you grow up, and get off urbandictionary. It's a name. It is acceptable. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again if I dont start getting some real answers.

I rarely use file share on halo reach, and have never had a problem with it. I decided to buy bungie pro so I could upload and render some film clips I've been collecting since the game came out. A month ago my file share was just fine. Then, I purchase bungie pro, go to upload my first video to file share, and I get the message saying, File share name blocked, the name is not allowed on xbox live. So something in my gamertag, "My Wife Dave XL" isn't allowed on xbox live. Well thats wrong, because I'm obviously playing on it with no problems. Posting this on xbox forums, and bungie forums, your companies name keeps popping up from people commenting. If you're responsible for this, fix your censorship. If you find something offensive with the name "Dave" I suggest you grow up, and get off urbandictionary. It's a name. It is acceptable. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again if I dont start getting some real answers.

FILESHARE NAME BLOCKED

Has absolutely no relevance to anything that you just said.

THE NAME OF THE FILE ON YOUR FILE SHARE ISN'T ALLOWED FROM WHAT I GATHERED.

Stay your anger and remain patient. Figure out the problem with your fileshare and after you exhaust every possible option, try something else for god's sake.

Fileshare Name. Fileshare name. Fileshare name.

POST UNDERSTOOD.

This issue has never been known to man before, I suggest you go back and try again.

Then quote exactly what it said.

EXACTLY, WORD FOR WORD.

And then... Be able to help.

And just for the record.

This is a fansite. Not the actual 343 site. Or so everyone says.

So we can't be responsible for it.

Well I had a whole reply typed out but my internet went down for a second so I have no idea if it worked or not lol. The problem has been around since the release of the game. You can google it, and you can learn about it just like I did. There have been a few topics on bungie about it. Anyway, it's frustrating. Bare with me. My bad for being hot headed. I'm trying to get as much info on this as fast as I can. I've never heard of this company, or website until the comments on my thread on bungie lead me here. If this isnt a real site, would you be able to direct me to their real site, or a way i can contact them directly? Thanks.

Well I had a whole reply typed out but my internet went down for a second so I have no idea if it worked or not lol. The problem has been around since the release of the game. You can google it, and you can learn about it just like I did. There have been a few topics on bungie about it. Anyway, it's frustrating. Bare with me. My bad for being hot headed. I'm trying to get as much info on this as fast as I can. I've never heard of this company, or website until the comments on my thread on bungie lead me here. If this isnt a real site, would you be able to direct me to their real site, or a way i can contact them directly? Thanks.

Too be honest, I don't even think they have their own forums, but you could always let some of the 'nerds' here help you out, if they can.

Edit:

Just change the description. I had the same issue. All I had to do was delete or change the description and then everything uploaded fine. If you are modifying a custom map make sure to credit the original creator.

From my experiences:

-some gamertypes are censored in upload such as "Slayer". I dunno why but it does atleast for me. So change it to where it doesn't say slayer

-No slang/hood stuff. Yea, they did it cuase other in America don't believe in freedom of speech.

-Your gt. Try changing it as yes some formal names can't be said. Which is stupid. If you're all "Imma fight for it blah blah blah" there is no other known solutions.

I just realize how stupid the censoreship stuff is .....

I get that when rendering video's from games of Swat, i tend not to change file names cause its gonna get changed when i get it to pc, but it makes me change the titles and descriptions because its a hypocrit and doesn't like how it is originally worded lol

I have the exact same problem. When I try to upload one of my files it says "the name of the creator of this file is not allowed on Xbox LIVE. My GT is EI PauIo. Nothing rude there but I've figured out that the EI part is blocked for some reason.

I've searched Xbox forums and made a thread about it an people respond saying words like FALL, DAVE are randomly being blocked. The people there directed me back here saying that 343 can control these censors.

But if you try to change your motto to one of these "obscene" words it doesn't let you, meaning that this is more likely some new filter from Microsoft.

I also have Bungie Pro and would like my money back if this problem isn't fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got one for your 343, bungie, or whoever else... Ive got files on reach from three different gamertags that i cannot upload due to my "file creators name not allowed on xbox live" What is going on? donwastemytime, king sargie, holybananacorp, and aragingbrute are suddenly all offensive or blocked names? who is regulating this stuff, first they should be fired and then hire someone that knows what they're doing because pretty soon everyone's names will be blocked and there will be alot of upset forgers looking for answers

ive got a better one, a file that is aklready in someone elses file share, i downloaded to local, then reuploaded to my fileshare and it wouldnt let me saying words in the description are not allowed on xbox live?!?!?!?

What it changed the second after i downloaded it ? :veryangry: :wacko: :shok: 8P :crazy: