Halo 2 remake

Bacon558

ur all retarded, with all do respect. halo combat evolved is a good game and i remember playing it and thought it was one of the best games ever made, but after playing halo 2 my opinion changed. halo 2 was by far the best game that ever hit the shelfs. and to all you h3 nerds who never got to play h2 online u dont even understand how amazing h2 was. ppl say it was garbage bcus of glitch's or super bounces but thats what gained it so many players. the campaign was fun as hell to i remember sitting down with my cousin playing the campaign for hours. not just bcus of the story line but bcus of the glitches in the game. we would find ways outside all the maps in campaign, and drive ghosts outside the maps or worthogs.

do u remember a website called halo2forums? me and my cousin were on it all the time and posted so many topics and threads. halo2 online set the par for online gaming and without it XBL would have flopped like computer online gaming. ppl say halo 2 doesnt deserve what its thought to be but it is. halo 2 made me a gamer and it was the hype of all online games. yeah they had counter strike for xbox but halo2 had more gamers. they had Tom Clancys rainbow, battle field, and star wars battle front 2. all of those games helped xbox get its fame but halo had more gamers.

halo 2 deserves a remake and i can guarantee anyone who played h2 online will buy it in a heart beat. all i ask is that you do not tamper with the game or its engine. the game is what it is so changing it to make it better is like george lucas changing star wars and indiana jones. u dont do that kinda stuff.

im practedly on the verge of a meltdown bcus all the halos since h2 were garbage in comparison, h3 odst and reach all rely on power weapons in h2 there were shotguns and swords but it wasnt whored as it is in todays halos. it was all about well placed BR shots. brs and snipes dominated in h2. h2 is god of online gaming RIP.

you suffer from a medical condition known as nostalgia

then so be it, h2 is the best MM ever. best time i has on xbl was on h2. u suffer from not realizing how the tables of xbl turned with h2. without it this forum wouldnt be here. learn what ur talking about before u try to insult me.

halo 2 was a good game but it was unpolished and unfinished...i have recently went back to replay all the halo games on legendary and i remember halo2 being better then it actually is when i replay it...halo2 was the best thing at the time sure...but it was also the only game at the time...honestly what else was there to play? you cant say halo2 was the best thing on xbox live because at the time it was the ONLY thing worth mentioning on xbox live...

now we have tons and tons of games to play online...i loved halo2 but imo when revisited and compared to other halo games it was the worst in the series soley based on the fact that it was made in a rush resulting in unpolished and unrefined gameplay..halo 2 did not survive the test of time but halo 1 did...i go back and play halo1 ten years later and its still awesome, i cannot say the same about halo2...this indicates to me that haLO1 was the better game...so while i do want a halo2 remake at some point, i want a halo1 remake even more because halo1 was the better game...and yea your right this forum would not exist if not for halo2...but you seem to forget that halo2 would not have been possible if it where not for halo 1.....that's why i think halo1 needs a remake more then halo2...

as far as nostalgia clouding your judgement i would advise you get that checked out by a trained professional

it's glitchy unpolished mess on the 360, on the original xbox it was perfection made easy.

Who cares about the single player campaign when the game had the most groundbreaking multi player there ever was? they basically invented skill and teamwork in one massive swoop. people don't want halo 2 remake because they couldn't play it, simple. I understand that if they remake halo 2 also it mite swurl out of control and they will start remaking everything for the money, but i don't think a companys willing to anal they're reputation like that?

For the record:

I don't want a halo 2 'Remake' as such, i just want halo 2 FOR THE 360. why change brilliance?

Wrong. It was and is also an unfinished, unpolished, glitchy mess on the original Xbox as well. Bungie did not basically invent skill and teamwork in Halo 2. That's nothing but nostalgia talking. Have you ever played Halo: Combat Evolved? Yea, play that...then get back to me about how incredible Halo 2 is. In what way was the multiplayer of Halo 2 groundbreaking? If you're going to state something like that, at least give me some examples as to why it was so "groundbreaking".

PS. A LOT of people care about the single player campaign. Halo 2 happens to have a boring single player campaign as well as glitcy and unpolished multiplayer. There are some nice moments in Halo 2's single player, but they're in between large chunks of boring "meh".

• Like 1

If they remake Halo 2- and don't get me wrong I'd love that (though it's not gonna happen), they would have to remake Halo 3 and honestly I don't really need that. Also, Combat Evolved had no multiplayer unless you had the PC version. Halo 2 had multiplayer over Xbox Live. I like to look back at my list of why 343i is remaking CE.

1. Money (not saying that's a bad thing. Bungie was doing it for money too. That's why anyone makes a video game).

2. The original on console had no multiplayer.

3. A lot of people don't know anything about the Halo Universe pre-Halo 2 or even pre-Halo 3.

4. It's the ten year anniversary of not only Combat Evolved, but of Halo in general.

Anyone who would like to add to this list, feel free to.

Halo 2 deserves a remake... if not atleast Xbox 360 support because it was truely the Halo that actually upped the whole series. Halo 1 started it out but Halo 2 sealed the deal on it all... It's my favorite halo out of all of them, and its a real shame I cant log on it and play it on XBL. It had the best maps like Water Works, Headlong, Containment, Turf... the list goes on and on. Probably not a single H2 map was bad, unlike the other halo games that only had a handful of good maps. Not asking for a remake just atleast a Xbox 360 support for it...

• 1 month later...

It was a Xbox game not a 360. Also, it is unlikely for a remake because, it is not the game that started it all and it isn't it's 10th anniversary.

Actually Frank O'connor said that if people are excited about halo CEA, then they most definitely will HAVE to make halo 2 again. People are demanding it.

Actually Frank O'connor said that if people are excited about halo CEA, then they most definitely will HAVE to make halo 2 again. People are demanding it.

I believe he said something like if people really like Halo CEA then they will consider making another remake which I still disagree with.

P.S. I now have the last post in every single thread in the halo section!

I believe he said something like if people really like Halo CEA then they will consider making another remake which I still disagree with.

P.S. I now have last post in every single thread in the halo section!

I think that one remake is enough and you are posting hardcore!

I personally don't think they need to remake this anytime soon, for me halo 2 still stands up well graphics wise compared to halo ce (which definitely looks dated). Yes it would be nice to see an HD touch up and I think most of us miss the multiplayer, but once halo 4 comes out I think the demand might go down a bit, depending of course on how good H4 will be (which I have a feeling it'll be epic).

• Like 1

I personally don't think they need to remake this anytime soon, for me halo 2 still stands up well graphics wise compared to halo ce (which definitely looks dated). Yes it would be nice to see an HD touch up and I think most of us miss the multiplayer, but once halo 4 comes out I think the demand might go down a bit, depending of course on how good H4 will be (which I have a feeling it'll be epic).

You make a good point here. Since the Halo series has historically offered new games at such a slow pace, aside from DLC, the remake of Halo 2 should fall enough time after H 4 and before H 5. It is still my hope that eventually all games, both campaign and MM be available for online play. I realize it could be a major undertaking, but the thought of playing with your friends and saying, "Remember in H2 when........", and instead of just recounting the game you can just switch over and play it. Halo 2 still had the best original maps for the "classic" 1 vs 1 shoot out to see who was the best!

• Like 1

You make a good point here. Since the Halo series has historically offered new games at such a slow pace, aside from DLC, the remake of Halo 2 should fall enough time after H 4 and before H 5. It is still my hope that eventually all games, both campaign and MM be available for online play. I realize it could be a major undertaking, but the thought of playing with your friends and saying, "Remember in H2 when........", and instead of just recounting the game you can just switch over and play it. Halo 2 still had the best original maps for the "classic" 1 vs 1 shoot out to see who was the best!

I like most of this but while I don't know for certain when this is, but H2 REMASTERED (As I deem this MUST be the title) should come out on the tenth ann, the same as the new Halo now :)

PS LOVE THE SHOOTOUTS! One on One in half the H2 Maps proved man or newb, and who would nerf the biggest guns or vehicles. So yeah, I think Halo 2 REMASTERED (or H2R as I shall now refer to it) should be EXACTLY the same game, SAME maps, same guns, etcetc. The only difference should be added armour and all the new features (assassinations, AA, etc) with a different playlist than that with ONLY the original, IE, Halo 2 Experience, no new armour AA or features. With added new graphics, *obviously* But yeah that would be EPIC.

You can afford to have better grammar than that. lol, jk :laughing:

Fixed the one mistake that I could see. There aren't any spelling mistakes though.

I know i was just kidding :) with Hunter. We live in the same neighborhood so i thought we could afford to mess with each other.