Halo 2 remake

Bacon558

Halo 2 in my opinion was better than halo 1, the campaign was perfect, and so was the multiplayer, upgraded graphics would be nice, buts thats it.

the singleplayer was far from perfect. it was missing levels and rushed. go back and play it, its not as fun as halo1 even on legendary. its also very glitchy. still good for the time (their was nothing better besides halo1) but halo2 is by far the worst in the series.

Halo 2 in my opinion was better than halo 1, the campaign was perfect, and so was the multiplayer, upgraded graphics would be nice, buts thats it.

the singleplayer was far from perfect. it was missing levels and rushed. go back and play it, its not as fun as halo1 even on legendary. its also very glitchy. still good for the time (their was nothing better besides halo1) but halo2 is by far the worst in the series.

Unfortunatly no, you cant just simply just go in and swap outt extures on any of the maps that come shipped. And modding them the 2 major H2v apps Mr Mohawk and gravemind yield unfortunate results for your maps. I'm still working on a few things to do with it, but no luck as of yet.

Unfortunatly no, you cant just simply just go in and swap outt extures on any of the maps that come shipped. And modding them the 2 major H2v apps Mr Mohawk and gravemind yield unfortunate results for your maps. I'm still working on a few things to do with it, but no luck as of yet.

hmm...well microsoft will probably remake it in the reach engine anyway since there is such a high demand. they dont tend to turn down money.

If you guys want a halo2 remake badly enough you will get it. all you have to do is show microsoft that you are willing to pay

I'm against it, it feels like milking the Halo franchise and the Halo fans. The first Halo I can understand, cause not many people played it, it was the beginning of everything, it was a great shooter, first of its kind.

Halo 2 was great, but not that great

i agree....i just wish their was a way to get highres halo2. a friend on this thread pointed out that you cant just replace the games textures with highres ones. because if we could a simple mod would make the game have awesome graphics...but since its not possible at this time we pretty much have microsoft and microsoft only to give us a high res version of halo2. i just get tired of replaying halo2 since it now has the worst graphics in the series...3 and odst have meh graphics but after your eyes adjust they look fine...reach and CE aniversary have awesome graphics...but halo2 is now the worst. i say microsoft hires a small team from japan to rebuild halo2 on the reach engine...then atleast the whole trilogy will have current gen visuals rather then halo2 being left out in the dark.

Kind of a bad idea because it would set of a chain reaction. Example- halo 1 remake :thumbsup: , halo 2 remake <_< , halo 3 remake :thumbdown: , halo 4 remake :veryangry: , and then they will remake the remake of halo 1 :nuke: -see what I mean?

thats a fallacy... they wont remake halo 3, etc... because its already on xbox 360... they need only to re-introduce the games that aren't supported on next-gen consoles...

Bacon558

i know halo one definitely deserves this honor but halo 2 needs it!

when halo 2 was created it was rushed into mass production and didn't even have all of the visual bugs worked out of it!

when i play halo2 on my 360 the sky in the back ground.... glitches on my screen like a shadow and the outline of whatever was in that skyline is almost burnt into my screen. (not my TV but what i'm seeing in the game, it changes every now and then too.) plus texture glitches and what not. very poor quality videos and ingame stuff.

too much effort was put into online Multiplayer crap and not enough on campaign mode. with online multiplayer down pat i imagine... (hope) that more effort could be pu

they should make a remake on its 10th anniversary because i grt the same shadowing glitche

What could they do to possibly make the X-box better that they can't just hotpatch the original system for? o.O

well they could give the xbox a better graphics chip to compete with the PC market....i wish they would because halo reach looks good but the rendering distance is sad.....a rocket launcher on the ground from 15 feet away looks like a giant brown blurry turd on the floor....then you walk closer and it pops in and you see the high poly version...i just wish they could increase the distance so we would get less pop in.

well they could give the xbox a better graphics chip to compete with the PC market....i wish they would because halo reach looks good but the rendering distance is sad.....a rocket launcher on the ground from 15 feet away looks like a giant brown blurry turd on the floor....then you walk closer and it pops in and you see the high poly version...i just wish they could increase the distance so we would get less pop in.

True enough, but better graphics is hardly a reason to go out and buy ANOTHER 360. Especially if they make it like the newest generation of 360s. :/

It's a trade off. That rocket projectile model alone is comprised of roughly 1,500 poly's. And that is just that single rocket. At any given point, the engine has to render, calculate and initiate collision. Both physical and projectile. The engine cannot handle true LOD 1 render settings for each item during a match. To do so would overload the engine. It isn't about graphics as it is as much about format used. The BSP, Havok, MMOP and POOP formats used to handle pretty much everything are far behind graphics friendly wise. BSP is an outdated system of handling environments and map mesh. Bungie used BSP for 10 years, and would be unlikely to re-write from scratch, a new handling system for the game engine that almost noone knoes anything about. Crytek uses FBX formats primarily for mesh, and the Cryengine was written to handle more poly's and textures than pretty much most other game engines to date.

That aside, Bungie did a great job utilizing the archaic formats they did. They achieved some pretty good results. But in the end, the LOD and poly limits of what they had to work with, put them behind the 8-ball in comparison to COD, BF and Crysis.

Also, remaking Halo 2 would not be entirely necessary. One can achieve real good texture and poly results with the current engine and format. Halo 2 is capable of scaling and displaying High-res textures and really smooth surfaces. It just depends how much time you have, and how much of that time you want to utilize on graphical things like mesh and textures. I could re-skin Halo 2, touch up geometry and touch up animations very easily. But it would not be a big enough payoff. Part of the problem with re-making Halo 2, would be the storyline. You couldn't add almost anything or re-write any part of the story. Part of the reason re-making Halo 1 worked, was because not much of the story had great detail or pivital events play out during the coarse of the campaign. It was pretty much a straight forward, stuck on the ring, blow it up and escape game. Adding subtle story tweaks and extras worked because of the simplicity. Doing so with halo 2 would require a lot more thought and light treading.

You like that it's a glitchy, unpolished mess?

it's glitchy unpolished mess on the 360, on the original xbox it was perfection made easy.

Who cares about the single player campaign when the game had the most groundbreaking multi player there ever was? they basically invented skill and teamwork in one massive swoop. people don't want halo 2 remake because they couldn't play it, simple. I understand that if they remake halo 2 also it mite swurl out of control and they will start remaking everything for the money, but i don't think a companys willing to anal they're reputation like that?

For the record:

I don't want a halo 2 'Remake' as such, i just want halo 2 FOR THE 360. why change brilliance?

It's a trade off. That rocket projectile model alone is comprised of roughly 1,500 poly's. And that is just that single rocket. At any given point, the engine has to render, calculate and initiate collision. Both physical and projectile. The engine cannot handle true LOD 1 render settings for each item during a match. To do so would overload the engine. It isn't about graphics as it is as much about format used. The BSP, Havok, MMOP and POOP formats used to handle pretty much everything are far behind graphics friendly wise. BSP is an outdated system of handling environments and map mesh. Bungie used BSP for 10 years, and would be unlikely to re-write from scratch, a new handling system for the game engine that almost noone knoes anything about. Crytek uses FBX formats primarily for mesh, and the Cryengine was written to handle more poly's and textures than pretty much most other game engines to date.

That aside, Bungie did a great job utilizing the archaic formats they did. They achieved some pretty good results. But in the end, the LOD and poly limits of what they had to work with, put them behind the 8-ball in comparison to COD, BF and Crysis.

Also, remaking Halo 2 would not be entirely necessary. One can achieve real good texture and poly results with the current engine and format. Halo 2 is capable of scaling and displaying High-res textures and really smooth surfaces. It just depends how much time you have, and how much of that time you want to utilize on graphical things like mesh and textures. I could re-skin Halo 2, touch up geometry and touch up animations very easily. But it would not be a big enough payoff. Part of the problem with re-making Halo 2, would be the storyline. You couldn't add almost anything or re-write any part of the story. Part of the reason re-making Halo 1 worked, was because not much of the story had great detail or pivital events play out during the coarse of the campaign. It was pretty much a straight forward, stuck on the ring, blow it up and escape game. Adding subtle story tweaks and extras worked because of the simplicity. Doing so with halo 2 would require a lot more thought and light treading.

so what your saying is the xbox 360 itself can handle better rendering distances but the format that bungie used cannot? i figured the limitations where the 360 itself considering its been out for a long time now...but i guess developers are optimizing because even BF3 and skyrim are coming to the xbox...you wont catch me playing skyrim on the xbox though..i need my mods!!!

Well more to the specific point, it's actually more about how the game engine was designed to handle the formats in terms of memory flow. Yes the 360 is quite capable of more. For example look at Crysis 2. The amount of poly's rendered on the screen at one time can well exceed 1,200,000. Yes that's one million two-hundred thousand polys. But that is also because the Crytek team designed the engine to handle this and be memory efficient enough to properly utilize the 360 hardware. Same goes for BF3 and MW3. In terms of rendering detail far and close, the other game engines have Blam! beat by a mile.

• Like 1

ur all retarded, with all do respect. halo combat evolved is a good game and i remember playing it and thought it was one of the best games ever made, but after playing halo 2 my opinion changed. halo 2 was by far the best game that ever hit the shelfs. and to all you h3 nerds who never got to play h2 online u dont even understand how amazing h2 was. ppl say it was garbage bcus of glitch's or super bounces but thats what gained it so many players. the campaign was fun as hell to i remember sitting down with my cousin playing the campaign for hours. not just bcus of the story line but bcus of the glitches in the game. we would find ways outside all the maps in campaign, and drive ghosts outside the maps or worthogs.

do u remember a website called halo2forums? me and my cousin were on it all the time and posted so many topics and threads. halo2 online set the par for online gaming and without it XBL would have flopped like computer online gaming. ppl say halo 2 doesnt deserve what its thought to be but it is. halo 2 made me a gamer and it was the hype of all online games. yeah they had counter strike for xbox but halo2 had more gamers. they had Tom Clancys rainbow, battle field, and star wars battle front 2. all of those games helped xbox get its fame but halo had more gamers.

halo 2 deserves a remake and i can guarantee anyone who played h2 online will buy it in a heart beat. all i ask is that you do not tamper with the game or its engine. the game is what it is so changing it to make it better is like george lucas changing star wars and indiana jones. u dont do that kinda stuff.

im practedly on the verge of a meltdown bcus all the halos since h2 were garbage in comparison, h3 odst and reach all rely on power weapons in h2 there were shotguns and swords but it wasnt whored as it is in todays halos. it was all about well placed BR shots. brs and snipes dominated in h2. h2 is god of online gaming RIP.